Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,685
    This guy Minnshew looks fun.

Garropolo keeps winning despite having thrown 7 Int and only 9 TD's?
    defense wins championships. or at least gets you there.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    This guy Minnshew looks fun.

Garropolo keeps winning despite having thrown 7 Int and only 9 TD's?
    defense wins championships. or at least gets you there.....
    I'm actually surprised at how poorly Jimmy G is playing.  I know their D is amazing too but he needs to play better.

Minnshew is a delight to watch.

The Browns are a trainwreck that is fun to watch.

My beloved Broncos lost again.  Not sure what the hell they are doing?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,120
    edited October 2019
    id love to see Mayfield play himself out of the league......what a douche, you think Cleveland would have learned with the 1st douchy tiny  qb a few years back. Those 2 are no Bress & Wilson

Trubisky, Mariotta, Mayfield, Rosen, Flacco, Dalton, Carr….should all be out next year
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    id love to see Mayfield play himself out of the league......what a douche, you think Cleveland would have learned with the 1st douchy tiny  qb a few years back. Those 2 are no Bress & Wilson

Trubisky, Mariotta, Mayfield, Rosen, Flacco, Dalton, Carr….should all be out next year
    Add Winston to that group.

There is a shortage of good QB's as always in the league.

Sammy D is really starting to look bad now, like really bad.  The Jets are going down the shitter too.

Most shocking QB so far has been Bridgewater.  Now that Brees is back does he stay backup or do they trade him for assets?
  • Options
    Oh man How could I forget Famous Jameis, the turnover machine. Darnold plays for a shitty organization, he has until next year to make big strides
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    CROJAM95 said:

No way Mayfield is out next year.  He has next season at a minimum.  Same with Darnold and Allen.  

A lot of it is what team selects you.  Do we think Lamar Jackson would have similar success with the Browns, Bills, or Jets?  Or would Mahomes be as good without Andy Reid and the Chiefs' situation?  I'm not a big fan, but Rosen got such a bum deal.

• Options
    MayDay10 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

No way Mayfield is out next year.  He has next season at a minimum.  Same with Darnold and Allen.  

A lot of it is what team selects you.  Do we think Lamar Jackson would have similar success with the Browns, Bills, or Jets?  Or would Mahomes be as good without Andy Reid and the Chiefs' situation?  I'm not a big fan, but Rosen got such a bum deal.

Rosen from Scouts....is an ass. Supposedly very difficult to deal with, now if your name is Aaron Rodgers...no prob, when you stink like Rosen....wtf is up with being difficult?

Your right about Mayfield, he was #1 overall....they will let him at least play out his rookie deal, but you see this false bravado he has....its like really guy? You know not only do you look ridiculous  with those headbands, but you suck balls

it will be superfun once OBJ starts throwing him under the bus
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    CROJAM95 said:

Most shocking QB so far has been Bridgewater.  Now that Brees is back does he stay backup or do they trade him for assets?
    No way they trade him tomorrow at this point. He's proven that he can lead the team in Brees' absence. Its a great insurance policy for a team with a legit shot at making the Superb Owl. Unless somebody offered a first rounder plus, it would be folly to trade him.

He's going to cash in bigly this offseason.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

No way they trade him tomorrow at this point. He's proven that he can lead the team in Brees' absence. Its a great insurance policy for a team with a legit shot at making the Superb Owl. Unless somebody offered a first rounder plus, it would be folly to trade him.

I'll say he had a good supporting cast.

He's already the highest backup qb in the league and i don't see him landing in a Fitsmagic role and landing a starting spot as that didn't work so well for him in MN, but I did mention the lack of QB's in the league so we will see.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

or it could be that Sean Payton the real star in NO..... I think Payton is as close to Bill Belichick as any other coach. They didn't skip a beat without their QB, The way he uses Hill....The guy is a HOF Coach
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Elway will brinks-truck Bridgewater still chasing the Superbowl with a 4 win roster
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Elway will brinks-truck Bridgewater still chasing the Superbowl with a 4 win roster
    Lord knows they can't draft one!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

He's already the highest backup qb in the league and i don't see him landing in a Fitsmagic role and landing a starting spot as that didn't work so well for him in MN, but I did mention the lack of QB's in the league so we will see.
    He was 11-5 in his only full season as a starter in Mini Soda in 2015 then he suffered the horrific knee injury in 2016 training camp. There was no issue with his performance, only his knee. He was seen as their QB for the next decade before the injury.

He will get around 25 Mil per for at least 3 yrs this offseason, with at least 2/3 of the money guaranteed.
    Post edited by Poncier on
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    CROJAM95 said:

He was 11-5 in his only full season as a starter in Mini Soda in 2015 then he suffered the horrific knee injury in 2016 training camp. There was no issue with his performance, only his knee. He was seen as their QB for the next decade before the injury.

He will get around 25 Mil per for at least 3 yrs this offseason, with at least 2/3 of the money guaranteed.
    14 TD's and 9 Int doesn't really scream out Pro Bowl to me...

I'm pretty sure every other starting QB that year had more TD's than he did but there are people willing to overpay and he will become the next Fitsmagic.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    Poncier said:

How about a Superb Owl pitting 18-0 New England against 18-0 San Francisco and inviting Don Shula and Mercury Morris to the ceremonial coin toss with corked champagne bottles stuffed up their pompous asses?

One can only dream.

LOL, that is a good one and one i agree (about the Champagne popping pompous asses) 
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    If Fitzpatrick retires after this season he will have chunked out $70M in career earnings.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    Jason P said:
    If Fitzpatrick retires after this season he will have chunked out $70M in career earnings.
    Thank you. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    He needs it to raise all those kids.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    those Bosa brothers (out of THE ohio state university) are beasts!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Third and 29.
    Run up the gut for a few yards.
    Just happened, but I feel like we see that a lot.

Isn't that idiotic?

It is conceding.  Field position is part of the game.  If you know the percentages overwhelmingly say you will punt, why not run a play for ten yards vs a play that is likely to get less than 4-5?

This is an "analytics" type of question, but I have to think the numbers support something other than the tired ass Draw play.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I was told Garoppola and Brissett only looked good because they played in New England’s “system.”  Seems like they’re both actually pretty good. 

Hmm. Interesting. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Third and 29.

Isn't that idiotic?

It is conceding.  Field position is part of the game.  If you know the percentages overwhelmingly say you will punt, why not run a play for ten yards vs a play that is likely to get less than 4-5?

This is an "analytics" type of question, but I have to think the numbers support something other than the tired ass Draw play.
    Because, on a play like that, an extra few yards is not worth the risk of turning it over with an interception. You are pretty much conceding the fact that you’re not getting the first down. Better to be conservative I would say. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I was told Garoppola and Brissett only looked good because they played in New England’s “system.”  Seems like they’re both actually pretty good. 

Hmm. Interesting. 
    Bill doesn’t typically bring on underperformers. #4 will be great someday, maybe even in New England.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Third and 29.

Isn't that idiotic?

Because, on a play like that, an extra few yards is not worth the risk of turning it over with an interception. You are pretty much conceding the fact that you’re not getting the first down. Better to be conservative I would say. 
    Yeah, I think the establishment clearly agrees with you based on how often we see it.
    I don't think I agree, since defenses play back (we are seeing some teams move all dbs move back to deep coverage) lots of times.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Hmm. Interesting. 
    Bill doesn’t typically bring on underperformers. #4 will be great someday, maybe even in New England.
    I think you’ve missed my point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Third and 29.

Isn't that idiotic?

Yeah, I think the establishment clearly agrees with you based on how often we see it.
    I don't think I agree, since defenses play back (we are seeing some teams move all dbs move back to deep coverage) lots of times.
    I’d say both concede to an extent, but might look for an obvious opportunity. 
  • Options

Hmm. Interesting. 
    What # are you?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Hmm. Interesting. 
    What # are you?
    As a Patriots super fan I’m sure you’re aware that there are some people who say Brady is only a system qb and cite the fact that his backups only played well in New England. This season is kind of blowing that argument up. But you really knew what I meant because you’re such a big fan. 

Anywho...I really enjoy this San Fran team. Garoppolo looked great last night. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    And the march to the 18-0 Patriots vs the 18-0 49ers Superb Owl continues.
    Addition of Manny Sanders has made a big difference for the Niners, elevating a decent offense to a very good offense to go along with a superb defense.