The National Football League

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,215
  • I was told Garoppola and Brissett only looked good because they played in New England’s “system.”  Seems like they’re both actually pretty good. 

Hmm. Interesting. 
    Bill doesn’t typically bring on underperformers. #4 will be great someday, maybe even in New England.
    I think you’ve missed my point. 
    What # are you?
    As a Patriots super fan I’m sure you’re aware that there are some people who say Brady is only a system qb and cite the fact that his backups only played well in New England. This season is kind of blowing that argument up. But you really knew what I meant because you’re such a big fan. 

Anywho...I really enjoy this San Fran team. Garoppolo looked great last night. 
    I’m well aware as I was arguing on the side of non-system QB but what fucking difference does it make when a win is a win is a win, back when the argument was being made. And so, I guess this season is proving me correct given my super fandom. Anywho, what # would you like? Any other than #4, that one is taken. And yea, the QB controversy continues to rage up there in NE because TB12 is way too fucking old. Would love nothing more than a Suppressed Dowl of undefeateds and if I was a betting man, the NFL commish knows this would be great marketing and buzz and $$$$$$ and will see to it that it happens  ;) Toodles.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,221
    I was told Garoppola and Brissett only looked good because they played in New England’s “system.”  Seems like they’re both actually pretty good. 

Hmm. Interesting. 
    Bill doesn’t typically bring on underperformers. #4 will be great someday, maybe even in New England.
    I think you’ve missed my point. 
    What # are you?
    As a Patriots super fan I’m sure you’re aware that there are some people who say Brady is only a system qb and cite the fact that his backups only played well in New England. This season is kind of blowing that argument up. But you really knew what I meant because you’re such a big fan. 

Anywho...I really enjoy this San Fran team. Garoppolo looked great last night. 
    I’m well aware as I was arguing on the side of non-system QB but what fucking difference does it make when a win is a win is a win, back when the argument was being made. And so, I guess this season is proving me correct given my super fandom. Anywho, what # would you like? Any other than #4, that one is taken. And yea, the QB controversy continues to rage up there in NE because TB12 is way too fucking old. Would love nothing more than a Suppressed Dowl of undefeateds and if I was a betting man, the NFL commish knows this would be great marketing and buzz and $$$$$$ and will see to it that it happens  ;) Toodles.
    Are you okay?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited November 2019
    Poncier said:
    And the march to the 18-0 Patriots vs the 18-0 49ers Superb Owl continues.
    Addition of Manny Sanders has made a big difference for the Niners, elevating a decent offense to a very good offense to go along with a superb defense.
    Tough schedule over the next few weeks for San Fran. But Sanders really fit in quickly and James G and him seem to already be on the same page. 

That team is put together nicely.

Do you have any regrets over trading him? I realize it would've made for an uncomfortable situation the last few years but you'd be in such good shape if Tom leaves after this year...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:
    Addition of Manny Sanders has made a big difference for the Niners, elevating a decent offense to a very good offense to go along with a superb defense.
    Tough schedule over the next few weeks for San Fran. But Sanders really fit in quickly and James G and him seem to already be on the same page. 

Do you have any regrets over trading him? I realize it would've made for an uncomfortable situation the last few years but you'd be in such good shape if Tom leaves after this year...
    No, since he was traded Pats have been to both Superb Owls (and are favorites to make it this year) and have won 1. Couldn't have kept Jimmy past 2017 without either franchising him or paying him starter money. Can't do that and have him ride the pine, so what do you do, trade Tom Brady? The had to deal Garropollo, and as long as Brady was still elite for at least 3 seasons the move looks right. If there had been a way to keep Jimmy at a lower salary, Bill would have done it. Only regret is they didn't get enough in return. Rumors of Cleveland offering a first rounder plus more before the 2017 draft and Pats said no...not sure if that's all true, but if so that is when they should have traded him (and if they had, then they wouldn't have traded Brissett at end of 2017 training camp)

I don't think Brady leaves after this year. All the hub bub recently about his contract and home for sale is funny since all that info was out there in August, but nobody nationally paid attention till Schefter mentioned it 2 weeks ago. My guess is he plays 2 more seasons here after this year. Only possible change would be if he wins this year by going 19-0, might just walk off into the sunset with literally the most perfect ending to a career ever. But next 5 week stretch is tough (@Bal, @Phi, Dal, @Hou, KC), so that's obviously very unlikely.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

No, since he was traded Pats have been to both Superb Owls (and are favorites to make it this year) and have won 1. Couldn't have kept Jimmy past 2017 without either franchising him or paying him starter money. Can't do that and have him ride the pine, so what do you do, trade Tom Brady? The had to deal Garropollo, and as long as Brady was still elite for at least 3 seasons the move looks right. If there had been a way to keep Jimmy at a lower salary, Bill would have done it. Only regret is they didn't get enough in return. Rumors of Cleveland offering a first rounder plus more before the 2017 draft and Pats said no...not sure if that's all true, but if so that is when they should have traded him (and if they had, then they wouldn't have traded Brissett at end of 2017 training camp)

I don't think Brady leaves after this year. All the hub bub recently about his contract and home for sale is funny since all that info was out there in August, but nobody nationally paid attention till Schefter mentioned it 2 weeks ago. My guess is he plays 2 more seasons here after this year. Only possible change would be if he wins this year by going 19-0, might just walk off into the sunset with literally the most perfect ending to a career ever. But next 5 week stretch is tough (@Bal, @Phi, Dal, @Hou, KC), so that's obviously very unlikely.
    I hear you. It's obviously worked out, winning one boring super bowl and losing one exciting one (hey oh).

Could've had an early 90's Niners situation though, had Brady gotten hurt a couple years ago. Would've been interesting to see what they would have done had that been the case. But alas, it is a moo point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:

I hear you. It's obviously worked out, winning one boring super bowl and losing one exciting one (hey oh).

Could've had an early 90's Niners situation though, had Brady gotten hurt a couple years ago. Would've been interesting to see what they would have done had that been the case. But alas, it is a moo point. 
    Right. I believe Belichick thinks he played it perfectly, drafting and developing Garoppolo at what should have been the end of Brady's career to the point where he'd be ready to step in as Brady turned 40 and assumingly retired. Brady screwed the plan up by being able to play at a high level longer than anyone ever has before him.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    igotid88 said:
    Isn't she still married to Jarret Stoll?
    Probably not a smart move by Jimmy G.
    Funny, though.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    Still not as great as this:

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,614
    Poncier said:
    Would love this but injuries continue for the Niners, Kwon Alexander may be out for year if it is a torn pec as suspected.
    If they can get their MASH unit back on the field in time for the playoffs I think they can run and they can fuck the opposing qbs up.
    Good recipe for success.
    6 of the 8 remaining games are against good/very good teams:
    SeaChickens x2
    Packers
    Ravens
    Saints
    Rams

The poops from Seattle are the biggest ones, as they need to win the division first.  I don't think the Rams are gonna turn it on, but they could.

igotid88 said:
    Funny, though.
    Buck had a funny comment right after that ended. Whoever the Cards player was, Buck goes "Oh. Wow. So and so with his first tackle of the night." 

Buck also had a Gin Blossoms reference at one point. I used to hate the guy but now I enjoy him calling a game. I can't believe I've gotten to this point. Plus he's a Pearl Jam fan.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I don't mind Buck. Couldn't stand his father though.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I like how Buck is starting to takes shots at the haters.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,447
    igotid88 said:
    Funny, though.
    Buck had a funny comment right after that ended. Whoever the Cards player was, Buck goes "Oh. Wow. So and so with his first tackle of the night." 

Buck also had a Gin Blossoms reference at one point. I used to hate the guy but now I enjoy him calling a game. I can't believe I've gotten to this point. Plus he's a Pearl Jam fan.
    igotid88 said:
    Funny, though.

gin blossoms were great.

”you can’t call it cheating, she reminds me of you.”

”if you don’t expect too much from me, you might not be let down.”

”your high hopes keep you alone.”
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Poncier said:
    I don't mind Buck. Couldn't stand his father though.
    What the hell? Jack Buck is the fucking GOAT. 

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,829
    How many games are in London this year?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,272
    edited November 2019
    Jets lose to the Dolphins
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Happy they got off the schneid
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,651

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    DewieCox said:

Nice shiplap.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    How many games are in London this year?
    There were 4, yesterday's was the last one.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Who wore it better

or 

...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,651
    Who wore it better

or 

just heard he had a full beard to start the game? shaved to a fu manchu at halftime.....then this?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    Who wore it better

or 

just heard he had a full beard to start the game? shaved to a fu manchu at halftime.....then this?
    Is that true?
    Pretty funny, if so.
    Not funny for Browns fans, though, as they likely would have him thinking about something other than clowning with facial hair on game day.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,190
    mickeyrat said:
    Who wore it better

or 

he has some talent but he is really acting like a clown these days.

every home team that played in the continental US won yesterday. weird.

nice to see the Pats 12 game pre-season is finally over.  hard to believe you can win in the NFL with a running QB like Lamar Jackson. He has played really well for them though. better than I would have expected.
    mickeyrat said:
    Who wore it better

or 

If he's shaving at halftime rather than concentrating/working on what he needs to do to try and win the game, he should be released today.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I observed from afar, being an Indians fan and watching him parade around Cleveland all Summer for appearances and chugging beers (and looking like he was putting on the Freshman 25).
  • igotid88 said:
    Jets lose to the Dolphins
    This has to be the biggest spectacle in all of sports.

The Jets have become such a piss poor run organization.  It's uncanny that they can make worse decisions than the browns.

The Dolphins will have 5 picks, 3 first and 2 second this year so they should be able to pick up some serious talent in the draft but the win isn't a good look for them, lol.  Now I root for the Bengals to run the revers table.