The National Football League

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    when Cam comes back he can run the scout team.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,169

And Rich Eisen is terrible at this.

Calls stuff completely wrong.

"Winston brought down hard" on a sack where he was stood up and never went down.

"2 point conversion off Godwin to Evans", then reiterates on replay when it was tipped by a defender over Godwin's head.

And a couple more. Get the dude some glasses.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Kyle Allen looks pretty solid....Panthers would be dumb to put Cam back in there at this point.  Jameis so bad it's funny.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Well alright. Steelers put together a solid game.

Fucking undrafted rookie, cut from rookie minicamp then signed to the practice squad gets a solid game under him for his first start.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    mickeyrat said:

Fucking undrafted rookie, cut from rookie minicamp then signed to the practice squad gets a solid game under him for his first start.
    Helped that it was a "home" game too. Always nice to have your first start in a friendly atmosphere. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    mickeyrat said:

Helped that it was a "home" game too. Always nice to have your first start in a friendly atmosphere. 

I feel bad for the Chargers.  Pretty much every home game they play is a road game. 

So dumb of the NFL to put 2 teams in LA.  Raiders should have went to LA and Chargers to Vegas.  And Rams should have stayed in STL.
    Rams back in LA is fine, Chargers should have stayed in the whale's vagina where they belong and Raiders in Vegas seems like a match made in heaven.
    LA, even though its is huge, can only (and barely) support 1 team. Should be the Rams just based on history, even though Raiders would have a stronger following.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Poncier said:
    Rams back in LA is fine, Chargers should have stayed in the whale's vagina where they belong and Raiders in Vegas seems like a match made in heaven.
    LA, even though its is huge, can only (and barely) support 1 team. Should be the Rams just based on history, even though Raiders would have a stronger following.
    Goodell, Spanos, and the rest of the owners about to learn this the hard way over the next decade or so until the Chargers have to move again
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Truth.  Whales Vagina loved the Chargers.
    Rams make sense. ..and F the Raiders, your description makes perfect sense.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Yeah I was just talking based on fan support.  Seems the Raiders and 49ers are the only teams who have real fan support in California.  That Rams-49ers game yesterday was all 49ers fans and that Chargers game last night looked like it was in Pittsburgh.  It's just so crazy that there are 2 teams in the same market who barely have any fans.
       It's just so crazy that there are 2 teams in the same market who barely have any fans.
    And the 2nd largest market in the country to boot. Crazy indeed.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Rams should’ve stayed put. They had better support in St Louis than they’ll ever have in LA. Fans ate it up until the relocation plan was obvious.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Very mediocre NFL this year and anything can happen (except Miami making the playoffs) (which is good).

Should make for some new blood in the playoffs. 

So far, maybe a San Francisco/New England GaroppoloBowl?   I think New England will hit a rough patch when they hit their Browns Eagles Ravens Cowboys Texans Chiefs portion of their schedule and look much more human... but with the Chiefs losing 2, home field advantage is theirs to lose.    

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    I got Packers/Patriots SB

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Poncier said:
       It's just so crazy that there are 2 teams in the same market who barely have any fans.
    And the 2nd largest market in the country to boot. Crazy indeed.
    By leaving and adding/subtracting teams they monkeyed with the history of a team being there.
    So many other options....and getting to/from a game is a serious chore.
    I lived there when the Rams/Raiders left -- we had a celebration!  
    USC is the team to watch, when they are good, that is the history.  Rams had the history but moved away from it.
    I think the new stadium and the Rams being good the past few years gives them a shot at being 'back' and very much sustainable.
    Poor SD fans.  They so loved their Chargers.
    From what I hear, LA fans would be hard pressed to care much less about anything than the Chargers
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    LA is still a Raiders town.   The Chargers should be going to Vegas
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    If it wasn't for Camp Pendleton, San Diego and LA would be linked together through a chain of office buildings and Panera Breads so I still think of the Chargers as the San Diego Chargers.  For all I know they may be closer to San Diego than the 49ers are to San Francisco (time commuting is probably a toss-up).  
    I'll bet it burns Phillip Rivers' britches that he has to spend his final years playing in a soccer arena.
    Are they even moving any dirt for the new LA and Vegas stadiums?  I never see anything in the news.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    Jason P said:
    Are they even moving any dirt for the new LA and Vegas stadiums?  I never see anything in the news.
    https://www.raiders.com/video/las-vegas-stadium-construction-time-lapse-13-months-of-work

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    I just realized that Rivers spent his career in SD playing in a shitty baseball stadium. Ha. 
    Jason P said:
    Almost done!
    Jason P said:
    If it wasn't for Camp Pendleton, San Diego and LA would be linked together through a chain of office buildings and Panera Breads so I still think of the Chargers as the San Diego Chargers.  For all I know they may be closer to San Diego than the 49ers are to San Francisco (time commuting is probably a toss-up).  
    If you have been to the area enough or know people from there, you will know there is a distinct difference between LA and Orange County, and then both of them and SD.  
    Lots of buildings but no, SD is not closer to Carson, nor Inglewood, than SF is from Santa Clara
    All messed up commutes, though, to be sure.
    Jason P said:

They showed the new LA stadium under construction during the game last night, opens next year, hosts Superb Owl in 2022 (2021 season)
    Superb Owl
    I hope to go this year, that fucker sure is Superb!
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    MayDay10 said:

Haha! Someone make this a commercial for the next Superb Owl. One of those fucked up text messages where somebody not familiar with football actually thinks it's called that due to an auto correct issue.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    Poncier said:
    Also think the ESPN telecast is much better than last year’s edition 
    Yes. McFarland was the best part last year but having him out of the booth was dumb. Witten and that squirrel on his head are better off back on the playing field.
    I couldn't stand him last year but I think it was because of that stupid gimmick. He's a quality analyst though. 

juggler is really good at sarcasm.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Well that was a lucky catch.
    I think Melvin tried to use him as a punching bag at the end of that play.