Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    The Patriots lost by the way of some things that usually go their way.  The reviews (IMO the one in the back of the end zone was the wrong call), and the late turnover.  

Gronkowski hinting at retiring.  Losing both coordinators (and them taking some of their staffs).  Speculation surrounding Belichick.  

Maybe this is it?  Maybe not?  
  • Options
    That was a great game.  Good for Foles.

Congrats Eagles.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,848
    Wobbie said:
    Why do NFL/NBA champions call themselves "world champions"? That player that got interviewed at the end referred to the Eagles as such.

maybe because no one else in the world plays football?
    no, the correct answer is because it's typical of america's sports leagues to believe that they are the best at everything. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,661
    Jason P said:

We are as old as dirt. Went for a Nick Foles "little Nicky" screen grab and ended up with a Game Boy Color ad.  Game boy.... 

Valar Morghulis
    :lol:

NFL and NBA teams are world champions.  To think otherwise is silly.  No other country has any semblance of a good team in either sport.  Laughable.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I feel pretty confident that the Eagles can beat the winner of the Mexico league and CFL.  (are there any others?)
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,896
    MayDay10 said:
    I feel pretty confident that the Eagles can beat the winner of the Mexico league and CFL.  (are there any others?)
    xfl coming to a cheap market near you.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I agree with the above owners. It's not even a debate... Americans can claim to be the world champs for NFL and the NBA (and mass shootings, obesity, pick up truck ownership, and a number of other items for that matter). 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I agree with the above owners. It's not even a debate... Americans can claim to be the world champs for NFL and the NBA (and mass shootings, obesity, pick up truck ownership, and a number of other items for that matter). 
    I love my pickup, for the record.
  • Options
    I love my pickup, for the record.

lol

I'm just having fun.
  • Options
    I've been thinking a bit about the game.

I feel arrogance might have played a factor in the game. The Pats got punched in the mouth from the outset and never really tried to plant their feet afterwards (they were caught off guard and reeling). The Eagles were coming after them regardless of their situation (Foles). The Pats never really seemed to amp their game up- they didn't seem to play with any sense of urgency at any point.

It was a head scratcher why they never played Malcolm Butler as well.

Doug Pederson coached that game to win it. Bill thought he had won it driving up to the stadium.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,661
    Pats played well -- heck, both teams were great on offense.  There was almost no defense to speak of.  How many punts?  Is that a record low #?
  • Options
    Ha!  Agree.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,321
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I feel better about the Pats chances of winning as the week moves along. C'mon now...it's Brady and Belichick against who? 

SAY

THEIR

NAMES

Yeah really. Pederson deserves a boatload of credit for what the Eagles pulled off. Not just last night but all year. And Foles played one of the best Super Bowls any quarterback ever has in history.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,250
    Pats played well -- heck, both teams were great on offense.  There was almost no defense to speak of.  How many punts?  Is that a record low #?
    True. I think there was only 1 punt and 1 turnover. Very few penalties. One of the cleanest games you could hope for with the huge national audience. The NFL has to be happy with pretty much everything that game offered, including half-time with JT.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    True. I think there was only 1 punt and 1 turnover. Very few penalties. One of the cleanest games you could hope for with the huge national audience. The NFL has to be happy with pretty much everything that game offered, including half-time with JT.

I have to admit that I don't really "get" music like Timberlake's but I don't see what was good about that performance. Just seemed like a bunch of lip-synching (for the most part) and dancing. I also didn't recognize a single song so that didn't help.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    I drank and ate at halftime.
  • Options
    tbergs said:

I have to admit that I don't really "get" music like Timberlake's but I don't see what was good about that performance. Just seemed like a bunch of lip-synching (for the most part) and dancing. I also didn't recognize a single song so that didn't help.
    I honestly don't think he lip synced at all. That was him. He's a performer and puts on a good show. Can't say I'm his #1 fan, but I usually like at least a few tracks off of each his albums. I just love his humor. The guy has done some great SNL skits.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,321
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

I honestly don't think he lip synced at all. That was him. He's a performer and puts on a good show. Can't say I'm his #1 fan, but I usually like at least a few tracks off of each his albums. I just love his humor. The guy has done some great SNL skits.
    Well maybe not full-on lip-synching but I think there was a backing vocal track that he sang along with. Frankly I wasn't paying the closest attention to it.

I agree that he's funny on SNL. I guess I'm just a narrow-minded rock fan that doesn't get other types of popular music. If Kanye West is one of the best hip-hop artists, and Justin Timberlake is one of the best pop artists, then I just don't think hip-hop and pop are for me.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    When I went to the SB Beyonce was the halftime performer.  I was in line getting beers (multiple times) and missed that.  Got back just in time to see Baltimore return the 2nd half kickoff for a TD. 
    Damn that sucked. 
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

I thought it was pretty obvious he was lip syncing which I think there always is during the SB Halftime show..  Several times where his voice was singing but the mic was no where near his mouth.  The performance as a whole seemed like a jumbled mess.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    I liked the Prince tribute. That was about it. It did appear he was lip syncing. It wasn't a great performance by any reasonable standard.
  • Options
    KC138045 said:
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

I thought it was pretty obvious he was lip syncing which I think there always is during the SB Halftime show..  Several times where his voice was singing but the mic was no where near his mouth.  The performance as a whole seemed like a jumbled mess.
    Hmm, I'll have to watch it again I guess. I mean, I know the backing music includes most of the song when Pop/Hip-Hop artists perfom live like that, but every time I heard his voice out front on the song it was clearly live. I didn't see him mouthing lyrics he didn't sing.

Jumbled mess? I am surprised to hear some say that. I was impressed with how well they transitioned to all the different stages and how he was able to be where he needed to be among that crowd of dancers, band players, fans and everything else. I didn't see any major flaws with the choreography or sets. It looked like it would have been hell to plan that and execute it so well, but to each their own. I still love a great straight forward rock concert :) 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    What a wild game.  Didn't win any squares and lost every bet I made except 1 of them....not a good night.  I still don't get how that Clement TD was held up....just based on what we've seen all season.  Prob didn't matter much though...Pats D was terrible and couldn't stop a backup QB.  Still can't comprehend why they benched Malcolm Butler.....that didn't make any sense.  And now the post-football depression sets in...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Already flipping cars, looting Wawas, and throwing piles of actual human shit at each other.  Stay classy, Philly.
  • Options
    Drunken idiots are drunken idiots in every city.  Been better and there have been worse celebrations...
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    The numbers may have been updated in the past few hours but last time I checked there was more arrests in Boston last night than Philly. 
  • Options
    Jason P said:

We are as old as dirt. Went for a Nick Foles "little Nicky" screen grab and ended up with a Game Boy Color ad.  Game boy.... 

Valar Morghulis
    :lol:

NFL and NBA teams are world champions.  To think otherwise is silly.  No other country has any semblance of a good team in either sport.  Laughable.
    let's be honest here: even if they were comparable, the american sports leagues would still call themselves world champions. I don't think that can be debated. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergs said:
    KC138045 said:
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:

Hmm, I'll have to watch it again I guess. I mean, I know the backing music includes most of the song when Pop/Hip-Hop artists perfom live like that, but every time I heard his voice out front on the song it was clearly live. I didn't see him mouthing lyrics he didn't sing.

Jumbled mess? I am surprised to hear some say that. I was impressed with how well they transitioned to all the different stages and how he was able to be where he needed to be among that crowd of dancers, band players, fans and everything else. I didn't see any major flaws with the choreography or sets. It looked like it would have been hell to plan that and execute it so well, but to each their own. I still love a great straight forward rock concert :) 
    the choreography, I agree, was flawless. don't like pop music whatsoever, but can appreciate entertainment value. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com