Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    Pats played well -- heck, both teams were great on offense.  There was almost no defense to speak of.  How many punts?  Is that a record low #?
    True. I think there was only 1 punt and 1 turnover. Very few penalties. One of the cleanest games you could hope for with the huge national audience. The NFL has to be happy with pretty much everything that game offered, including half-time with JT.

I have to admit that I don't really "get" music like Timberlake's but I don't see what was good about that performance. Just seemed like a bunch of lip-synching (for the most part) and dancing. I also didn't recognize a single song so that didn't help.
    I honestly don't think he lip synced at all. That was him. He's a performer and puts on a good show. Can't say I'm his #1 fan, but I usually like at least a few tracks off of each his albums. I just love his humor. The guy has done some great SNL skits.
    he must have been. I actually thought it was Super Bowl policy that all halftime performers lip sync. but even if that's not policy, have you ever tried to sing while dancing and/or running? no way he'd be able to do that. physical shape doesn't really factor into that. dude's gotta breathe. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Superbowl Selfies!!!

He totally lip synced.

I enjoyed his show, it was good.  I always love it when a performer goes into the audience so I'm a sucker for that.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,645
    Jason P said:

We are as old as dirt. Went for a Nick Foles "little Nicky" screen grab and ended up with a Game Boy Color ad.  Game boy.... 

Valar Morghulis
    :lol:

NFL and NBA teams are world champions.  To think otherwise is silly.  No other country has any semblance of a good team in either sport.  Laughable.
    let's be honest here: even if they were comparable, the american sports leagues would still call themselves world champions. I don't think that can be debated. 
    If my aunt had a penis she'd be my uncle.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    This was like watching a Big 12 game.  Absolutely no defense.

Halftime sucked. Except for the Prince part.

Can't wait for Opening Day, when the grown-ups play.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

We are as old as dirt. Went for a Nick Foles "little Nicky" screen grab and ended up with a Game Boy Color ad.  Game boy.... 

Valar Morghulis

NFL and NBA teams are world champions.  To think otherwise is silly.  No other country has any semblance of a good team in either sport.  Laughable.
    let's be honest here: even if they were comparable, the american sports leagues would still call themselves world champions. I don't think that can be debated. 

um, ok. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,645
    Jason P said:

Valar Morghulis

um, ok. 
    There is no if there, that's all.  We do think highly of ourselves, to be sure.  Pretty sure we don't call the MLS champion the world champion.
    The NHL is pretty much an American sports league now but I guess it is Canadian, eh?  I don't think the Kings were proclaimed World Champs when they won, but some might tried to say that

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    RiotZact said:
    The numbers may have been updated in the past few hours but last time I checked there was more arrests in Boston last night than Philly. 
    This is a little deceiving.  The crowds were too big last night for the cops to do anything. More people would have been arrested if it was possible.
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,207
    RiotZact said:
    The numbers may have been updated in the past few hours but last time I checked there was more arrests in Boston last night than Philly. 
    This is a little deceiving.  The crowds were too big last night for the cops to do anything. More people would have been arrested if it was possible.
    I know. I live in the Pittsburgh area, though, and for the past 2 weeks I’ve had to hear about what assholes Philly fans are. And Philly is my favorite place on earth, so I’ve gotten into a mindset of defending said fans. 
  • Options
    Congratulations Eagles and Eagles fans, you deserved it. Your team played and coached much better than we did. I don't know why Belichick benched Malcolm Butler, but that decision cost us another championship. Thanks Bill, it's clear now that Brady is the GOat and you are an egotistical narc.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Congratulations Eagles and Eagles fans, you deserved it. Your team played and coached much better than we did. I don't know why Belichick benched Malcolm Butler, but that decision cost us another championship. Thanks Bill, it's clear now that Brady is the GOat and you are an egotistical narc.
    I keep hearing about Malcolm Butler. I know he is a good cornerback. I just never knew he was same class as Deion Sanders,  Charles Woodson, or Darrelle Revis in that he took away a whole half of the field and could single handily change a game. Or Pats fans are looking for an excuse. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I keep hearing about Malcolm Butler. I know he is a good cornerback. I just never knew he was same class as Deion Sanders,  Charles Woodson, or Darrelle Revis in that he took away a whole half of the field and could single handily change a game. Or Pats fans are looking for an excuse. 
    Well he's infinitely better than Johnson Bademosi and Jordan Richards.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315

You guys had your starting quarterback, though, right? Just checking...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,798

believe they had their starting MLB and LT as well. No big deal though.

Anyway, I'm heading back to the ghetto to hang out with my thugs and listen to rap music now....
  • Options

Anyway, I'm heading back to the ghetto to hang out with my thugs and listen to rap music now....
    Ha!
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,798
    RiotZact said:

Ha!
    Speaking of which - for my boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRM6dDoIiFg
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    RiotZact said:

Ha!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

So back up QB is the new gold standard or put down? TB was once a back up QB too. Maybe Folds will have a future as bright as TB’s. Nah.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dankind said:
    RiotZact said:

Ha!

• Options
    Trump has to be so disappointed.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Malcolm Butler would have absolutely made a difference.  

However, with Belichick, you take the (few) bad things with the good.  It seems that they almost always make out with these kind of decisions and risks.  This one bit them in the ass.  The Patriots pull that out and we hear how awesome Belichick is, not to put up with any shit, and running a smooth oiled operation where no player is more valuable than the sum of the parts (pick your cliche).  

Patriots fans crying about Belichick need to check themselves and give thanks for what he has provided 
  • Options
    to be fair, I know plenty of people who are happy the Pats lost who agree that Butler being in the game could have significantly altered the outcome. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Losing Cooks never helped either.

To me... removing Butler from the game at such late notice might have had the effect of disrupting chemistry somewhat. It was a curious move to say the least.

I'm not making excuses for the Pats- they got their hats handed to them.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

So back up QB is the new gold standard or put down? TB was once a back up QB too. Maybe Folds will have a future as bright as TB’s. Nah.

It is when the other Pats fan reaches for the "back up corner back" excuse. Nah.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

It is when the other Pats fan reaches for the "back up corner back" excuse. Nah.
    Don’t forget the 40 year old GOAT excuse!
  • Options

Pats' secondary had been getting burned all season. Last night was no surprise. Still question why Butler was benched but oh well, it is what it is. On to next season. The off season will be interesting. And the Eagles starters gave up 505 yards, so there is that. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Pats' secondary had been getting burned all season. Last night was no surprise. Still question why Butler was benched but oh well, it is what it is. On to next season. The off season will be interesting. And the Eagles starters gave up 505 yards, so there is that. 

....aaaaaaand they won.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Didn't you post the same thing before lol?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

....aaaaaaand they won.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaagainst a 40 year old quarter back. Barely.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    tbergs said:
    KC138045 said:
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    Pats played well -- heck, both teams were great on offense.  There was almost no defense to speak of.  How many punts?  Is that a record low #?
    True. I think there was only 1 punt and 1 turnover. Very few penalties. One of the cleanest games you could hope for with the huge national audience. The NFL has to be happy with pretty much everything that game offered, including half-time with JT.

I have to admit that I don't really "get" music like Timberlake's but I don't see what was good about that performance. Just seemed like a bunch of lip-synching (for the most part) and dancing. I also didn't recognize a single song so that didn't help.
    I honestly don't think he lip synced at all. That was him. He's a performer and puts on a good show. Can't say I'm his #1 fan, but I usually like at least a few tracks off of each his albums. I just love his humor. The guy has done some great SNL skits.
    I thought it was pretty obvious he was lip syncing which I think there always is during the SB Halftime show..  Several times where his voice was singing but the mic was no where near his mouth.  The performance as a whole seemed like a jumbled mess.
    Hmm, I'll have to watch it again I guess. I mean, I know the backing music includes most of the song when Pop/Hip-Hop artists perfom live like that, but every time I heard his voice out front on the song it was clearly live. I didn't see him mouthing lyrics he didn't sing.

Jumbled mess? I am surprised to hear some say that. I was impressed with how well they transitioned to all the different stages and how he was able to be where he needed to be among that crowd of dancers, band players, fans and everything else. I didn't see any major flaws with the choreography or sets. It looked like it would have been hell to plan that and execute it so well, but to each their own. I still love a great straight forward rock concert :) 
    I notices the "fans?" jumping up and down when JT was on the stage.
    Was thinking, are they actual fans, have they been hired to just jump up and down and go crazy so that it looks good on TV?
    Just didn't seem that his songs would make someone jump like they are at a punk rock show.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603

....aaaaaaand they won.
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaagainst a 40 year old quarter back. Barely.

Dude, all week you went on and on about how they were going to win. Brady is the best. Was gonna be easy. Now Brady is just a 40 year old qb. Painful man.