Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,664

Ice sculpture seen earlier today

it’s so beautiful, sitting in that dirt lot.

fuck the patriots.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Ice sculpture seen earlier today

it’s so beautiful, sitting in that dirt lot.

fuck the patriots.
    Even the cowgirls get the blues.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,477
    RiotZact said:
    Can you imagine if this game ends up being decided by a questionable complete/incomplete pass that goes in favor of the Patriots? 
    Thinking it might not be that close to worry about that...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659
    RiotZact said:
    Can you imagine if this game ends up being decided by a questionable complete/incomplete pass that goes in favor of the Patriots? 
    lol I called this the other day. Eagles fans are going from we got a chance, to we can do this, to we're gonna win to we're gonna blow them out.

newsflash, the pats aren't getting blown out in the super bowl. Considering you are a patriots super fan, you should know this.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Nor do they blow teams (out)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Nor do they blow teams (out)
    The Patriots haven't scored a single point in the first quarter of their five Super Bowl victories. That's pretty crazy.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    RiotZact said:
    lol I called this the other day. Eagles fans are going from we got a chance, to we can do this, to we're gonna win to we're gonna blow them out.

newsflash, the pats aren't getting blown out in the super bowl. Considering you are a patriots super fan, you should know this.
    Newsflash: you thought they would lose to Atlanta. Beat it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RiotZact said:

At least one of your favorite teams is winning the super bowl this year. That’s gotta feel pretty good 
  • Options
    RiotZact said:

burn...
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    RiotZact said:

burn...
    Eh. So did Vegas, so did a ton of eagles fans. Matter of fact, a certain someone gave the eagles a “fighting chance”
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    RiotZact said:

burn...
    Eh. So did Vegas, so did a ton of eagles fans. Matter of fact, a certain someone gave the eagles a “fighting chance”
    Well the same people think the Eagles will lose this one too. 

As someone who has always appreciated the Pats, I pay attention to them more closely than other teams. I think the Eagles match up favorably with them. I think this is the least talented of Pats Super Bowl teams. Other than coach and qb (which there’s a huge edge, obviously) and tight tend, I think the Eagles are about even or better at every other spot. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    edited January 2018
    RiotZact said:

burn...

As someone who has always appreciated the Pats, I pay attention to them more closely than other teams. I think the Eagles match up favorably with them. I think this is the least talented of Pats Super Bowl teams. Other than coach and qb (which there’s a huge edge, obviously) and tight tend, I think the Eagles are about even or better at every other spot. 
    True, but this is also one of the worst teams the Pats have played in the Super Bowl. Seattle and Atlanta were better teams than Philly. Giants were probably better. 04 Eagles were better with Mcnabb, Westbrook, TO, Dawkins. Greatest show on turf. It's really a toss up between this Eagles team and the '03 Panthers. I think this team does matchup well, but what is Nick Foles going to do in the final five minutes of the game? The Eagles have to play their best five minutes at the end of the game or they are going to lose.
    Post edited by SmallestOceans on
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    edited January 2018
    RiotZact said:

burn...

True, but this is also one of the worst teams the Pats have played in the Super Bowl. Seattle and Atlanta were better teams than Philly. Giants were probably better. 04 Eagles were better with Mcnabb, Westbrook, TO, Dawkins. Greatest show on turf. It's really a toss up between this Eagles team and the '03 Panthers. I think this team does matchup well, but what is Nick Foles going to do in the final five minutes of the game? The Eagles have to play their best five minutes at the end of the game or they are going to lose.
    Interesting points about the past teams but I'm not sure I agree with the premise completely. I think this team is on par, and better coached than the '04 Eagles....I'd put this team about even with those Giants' teams and, agreed, better than the Panthers' squad. So middle of the road compared to previous Pats SB opponents is more accurate.

Already conceded the qb position and I just think the Eagles are a more complete team and will control both lines of scrimmage. So, perhaps, it may not even come down to the last five minutes? We shall see in six days. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Go Birds!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    Going to be an interesting week.  Can Gronk return as his normal 'beast' self?  A huge factor. 
    Blow Out -- if there is a blow out, I think it will be the Eagles blowing out the Pats.
    Close Game - if it comes down to the wire, I think the Pats find a way.

Agree with Juggs that if you take out Brady, Big Bill, and Bozokowski that the Eagles are a significantly better team.  Problem for Philly is that those 3 are enough to beat anyone on most days if they have a competent D, which they do. 

Going to be betting and rooting for Eagles - but I am not a hater, I respect what the Pats do.  It would be easy to be sick of the arrogance displayed by many Patriots fans -- but I appreciate what a great team is and how strongly fans will feel about those teams.  Were I a Patriots fan I also might feel like there is no way a bunch of green bastards from Philly could ever hope to possibly beat my team, especially without their best player.  Read a stat yesterday that shared that the BBK era Pats had never lost in the playoffs against a team they did not face previously that season.  Impressive.

Even if Brady wins 10 SBs I am not going to publicly say he is better than Joe Montana.  ;)

• Options
    RiotZact said:

burn...

Interesting points about the past teams but I'm not sure I agree with the premise completely. I think this team is on par, and better coached than the '04 Eagles....I'd put this team about even with those Giants' teams and, agreed, better than the Panthers' squad. So middle of the road compared to previous Pats SB opponents is more accurate.

Already conceded the qb position and I just think the Eagles are a more complete team and will control both lines of scrimmage. So, perhaps, it may not even come down to the last five minutes? We shall see in six days. 
    I disagree about this team being on par with the '04 team. That '04 team was knocking on the door for a couple years. It's too early to say what this team even is. They were 7-9 last year and 13-3 this year. What happens next year? Do they keep contending? Or do they go from 13-3 back to how they usual are like Dallas did this year?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Coaching is going to win over talent.
  • Options
    RiotZact said:

burn...

I disagree about this team being on par with the '04 team. That '04 team was knocking on the door for a couple years. It's too early to say what this team even is. They were 7-9 last year and 13-3 this year. What happens next year? Do they keep contending? Or do they go from 13-3 back to how they usual are like Dallas did this year?

I think it's closer than you think regarding the '04 team

And I don't know what next year has to do with this Sunday, but assuming Wentz comes back from his injury okay, they are set up real nice to have sustained success. Dallas couldn't even win a playoff game. This team gets to the Super Bowl with their back up quarterback.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RiotZact said:

burn...

I think it's closer than you think regarding the '04 team

And I don't know what next year has to do with this Sunday, but assuming Wentz comes back from his injury okay, they are set up real nice to have sustained success. Dallas couldn't even win a playoff game. This team gets to the Super Bowl with their back up quarterback.

You're probably right that it's closer than I think regarding the '04 team cause I don't really follow the Eagles. I just remember their playoff runs.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,640
    The waiting game sucks, let it be SUNDAY!!!!
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Predictions?
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    NE 37

PHI 16
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    I am still going back and forth.

PHI 38
    NE 17

or

NE 24
    Phi 21

At this point, going with the bold.  Think Philly breaks out and B&B Championship Factory play their same of song in the 4th qtr.

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Eagles 3-2
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    NE 42
    PHI 17

Patriots score in the first quarter and roll on from there.  Nick Foles throws a couple picks.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    Pats never scored in 1st qtr of a win in SB and never won by nearly that much.  Do you think Eagles suck or Pats are just that good?
    I would love to place bets with KC and ed
    You only have to give me 10.  You have the Pats winning by 25 and 21 respectively. 
    Giving me 10 Points and the Birds is like taking candy from a baby if that is what you believe.
    Heck, if you give me 14 points I will give you 2 to 1 odds.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Pats never scored in 1st qtr of a win in SB and never won by nearly that much.  Do you think Eagles suck or Pats are just that good?
    You only have to give me 10.  You have the Pats winning by 25 and 21 respectively. 
    Giving me 10 Points and the Birds is like taking candy from a baby if that is what you believe.
    I'm just not expecting a close or competitive game.  I could easily end up being very wrong.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    I want the Patriots to win, but if I were a betting man the smart money would be on the Eagles.
  • Options
    Public is betting Eagles, which is bad news for Eagles.  :lol:
  • Options

Give ya +9 for the playoff pool entry?
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11