Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    lolobugg said:

I like my dirty Birds draw.  LA and MINN..... they are beatable.

rather play them than have to go back to the NOLA ShitDome.

Atlanta would play Philly in Divisional if they win in LA. Its Crazy, I was actually at last Dec 2016 Falcons at Rams game at the Coliseum.....What a turnaround for the Rams. They got absolutely smoked in that game minus Julio Jones. Its all about stuffing Todd Gurley which is very tough this time around. I was also at the Julio Game this year at MB Stadium when he went off for 250yds and 2 TDS. Great Stadium as well.

I still think the Eagles would be tough even without Wentz.....but if you play well vs Gurley, You got a chance vs Eagles RB's.

Falcons have never faired well in Philly....the Weather could be nasty, heavily favoring the Eagles.

But Atlanta Survived a season with the Scrutiny of the 28-3 Fiasco as well as you prob could. Their D is much better.

If the Offense can score 24 a game, I think they will be tough to beat

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    edited January 2018
    CROJAM95 said:
    lolobugg said:

I like my dirty Birds draw.  LA and MINN..... they are beatable.

rather play them than have to go back to the NOLA ShitDome.

Atlanta would play Philly in Divisional if they win in LA. Its Crazy, I was actually at last Dec 2016 Falcons at Rams game at the Coliseum.....What a turnaround for the Rams. They got absolutely smoked in that game minus Julio Jones. Its all about stuffing Todd Gurley which is very tough this time around. I was also at the Julio Game this year at MB Stadium when he went off for 250yds and 2 TDS. Great Stadium as well.

I still think the Eagles would be tough even without Wentz.....but if you play well vs Gurley, You got a chance vs Eagles RB's.

Falcons have never faired well in Philly....the Weather could be nasty, heavily favoring the Eagles.

But Atlanta Survived a season with the Scrutiny of the 28-3 Fiasco as well as you prob could. Their D is much better.

If the Offense can score 24 a game, I think they will be tough to beat

oh man, I have nightmares about that 2003/2004 NFC Championship Game.

Had tix to the Dome but then we had to go play Philly in the wind.

Vick couldn't do Sh*t against their D. my expectations are very low this year. Rams will probably beat the crap out of them. I am not a fan of our OC.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    I think anytime you loss an OC, it takes a few years to get on the same page. They only lost one more game than last year, even though the chips fell in their favor last year with the Cowboys losing allowing them Home Field Vs Packers. This year its 3 Road Games to make it back.

If they can protect Matt on the Interior ( Donald) I think they will have favorable matchups.

Sark is unproven in the NFL, Yes....but I think when it comes to Veterans like Matt, he is the real OC in these type of games. He needs to check in/out based on what he sees.

I see an entertaining game.....The atmosphere I hope is better than last year, no one gave a shit even prior to the blowout.

1st Playoff game in LA since '85......its funny Sark coached the Trojans there.....and now hes back in his biggest pro Game

• Options
    edited January 2018
    CROJAM95 said:
    I think anytime you loss an OC, it takes a few years to get on the same page. They only lost one more game than last year, even though the chips fell in their favor last year with the Cowboys losing allowing them Home Field Vs Packers. This year its 3 Road Games to make it back.

If they can protect Matt on the Interior ( Donald) I think they will have favorable matchups.

Sark is unproven in the NFL, Yes....but I think when it comes to Veterans like Matt, he is the real OC in these type of games. He needs to check in/out based on what he sees.

I see an entertaining game.....The atmosphere I hope is better than last year, no one gave a shit even prior to the blowout.

1st Playoff game in LA since '85......its funny Sark coached the Trojans there.....and now hes back in his biggest pro Game

gonna be a good game. Matty Ice is probably having bad dreams about Donald. our O line at exactly good at pass blocking. Sark might be good but everything seems like pulling teeth this year. same Offensive personal but nothing is smooth.

PS: wish Ryan would've called his own play last year in the SB instead of giving up that BS sack.

Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    This thread is hilarious for its twists and turns and mental gymnastics of some posters to justify the existence of their shitty teams. While most will stew and stammer, I’ll enjoy watching the Pats reach the super bowl and Tom and Bill get their 6th ring together. Then I’ll enjoy watching Trump get impeached and if that makes Tom cry, so be it. Politics, like religion, is a personal matter. Tom on a ballot? I’d vote against him if he held trump like views. Tom on the football field? He’s god.

Oh, and happy new year.
    TB12 is mortal.
    Nor perfect. But he is the GOAT.
    Can't argue with that
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    lolobugg said:
    CROJAM95 said:

gonna be a good game. Matty Ice is probably having bad dreams about Donald. our O line at exactly good at pass blocking. Sark might be good but everything seems like pulling teeth this year. same Offensive personal but nothing is smooth.

PS: wish Ryan would've called his own play last year in the SB instead of giving up that BS sack.

That game needed like a dozen things to go Patriots way...they all happened.

Its a weird game...Pats shoulda beat Giants x2 Probably....and yet Falcons/Seahawks gifted them 2 titles

Ya never know
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    CROJAM95 said:
    lolobugg said:
    CROJAM95 said:

That game needed like a dozen things to go Patriots way...they all happened.

Its a weird game...Pats shoulda beat Giants x2 Probably....and yet Falcons/Seahawks gifted them 2 titles

Ya never know

that game still hurts.... HOW? WHY? unbelievable

EDIT: now that I think about it, the NFL has brought much sadness into my life.  :lol:

Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115

* Oh... and the Bulls' run was way more impressive in my mind. The Bulls needed to prove their dominance in seven game series en route to those championships. Things like luck (Raiders fumble) and opponents' incompetent play calling (Seahawks, Falcons) cannot be overcome in 'one game affairs'. Four wins leaves little room for doubt. 
    You can't compare basketball to football.
    Basketball is a sport where the best players go to championships just about every year.
    It's a one on one sport.
    Lebron has been to 7 straight finals.
    Kobe went to 7. Jordan went to 6.
    Saying that 4 wins leaves little doubt is nonsense.
    Winning the finals is so much easier in basketball than a team sport like football.
    What are the odds that the Cavs play the Warriors in the finals again this year for the 4th straight year?
    Winning and even going to the super bowl in the NFL is so much harder and its not even close.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    CROJAM95 said:

Sark is gonna be over at the 9-0 buying coors lights and shots of patron for everyone before the game.
    Just like old times!
    :lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

Sark is gonna be over at the 9-0 buying coors lights and shots of patron for everyone before the game.
    Just like old times!
    :lol:

Didn't he give some drunken speech that ultimately got him fired? 
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    An NFL playoff without the Ravens and Seafucks.  I might actually tune in this year.

:hug:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Yes, that is what lead to his dismissal
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited January 2018

* Oh... and the Bulls' run was way more impressive in my mind. The Bulls needed to prove their dominance in seven game series en route to those championships. Things like luck (Raiders fumble) and opponents' incompetent play calling (Seahawks, Falcons) cannot be overcome in 'one game affairs'. Four wins leaves little room for doubt. 
    Basketball is a sport where the best players go to championships just about every year.
    It's a one on one sport.
    Winning the finals is so much easier in basketball than a team sport like football.
    What are the odds that the Cavs play the Warriors in the finals again this year for the 4th straight year?
    Winning and even going to the super bowl in the NFL is so much harder and its not even close.

I guess that explains the Spurs eh?

You're confusing the eras. And as such... you're off base. So don't be giving me no 'nonsense' nonsense okay?

Jordan and the Bulls were winning when 'loading up' was not the standard for which teams operated. The Bulls never signed Karl Malone or Isaiah Thomas to make it easy- they developed Scottie Pippen and made the most out of John Paxson, Steve Kerr, Dennis Rodman, Bill Cartwright and the rest of the role players that made them the 'team' they were.

Of course they had the GOAT... but so do the Pats according to the last few pages of this thread. Great teams don't win without great players.

To your last point... no. Outside of the Steelers... there is not an AFC team that has the personnel that can compete with the Patriots that present a serious obstacle to the championship game. The Warriors will have their hands full with some western teams (Rockets, OKC) and the Cavs will get moderately tested by a few teams (Celtics, Wizards, Raptors), but the east is not strong in my mind. So... the NBA and NFL are comparable when determining which league is more challenging to win a championship.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    the bulls werent caught cheating multiple times
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    No, but MJ admitted to cheating in a 60 minutes piece.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

It's a one on one sport.

You're confusing the eras. And as such... you're off base. So don't be giving me no 'nonsense' nonsense okay?

Jordan and the Bulls were winning when 'loading up' was not the standard for which teams operated. The Bulls never signed Karl Malone or Isaiah Thomas to make it easy- they developed Scottie Pippen and made the most out of John Paxson, Steve Kerr, Dennis Rodman, Bill Cartwright and the rest of the role players that made them the 'team' they were.

Of course they had the GOAT... but so do the Pats according to the last few pages of this thread. Great teams don't win without great players.

To your last point... no. Outside of the Steelers... there is not an AFC team that has the personnel that can compete with the Patriots that present a serious obstacle to the championship game. The Warriors will have their hands full with some western teams (Rockets, OKC) and the Cavs will get moderately tested by a few teams (Celtics, Wizards, Raptors), but the east is not strong in my mind. So... the NBA and NFL are comparable when determining which league is more challenging to win a championship.
    They "developed" Dennis Rodman? Dude is a hall of famer. Lol
  • Options

It's a one on one sport.

They "developed" Dennis Rodman? Dude is a hall of famer. Lol

Yah.

A late second round pick that did not have much skill learned how to compete with the tools he had.

If he was rebounding in college like he did in the NBA... he would have been drafted accordingly. How did you think that talent realized itself?
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Dennis Rodman was a defensive/rebounding legend long before he was in Chicago.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:a
    This.  He was a bug piece in Detroit and a huge part of David Robinson's spurs championship teams
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

He was a poor example in the list I offered. He had good seasons with Detroit, but I thought he took it to another level with the Bulls.
  • Options
    I just checked his career stats. I'm wrong.
  • Options
    zachjgzachjg Posts: 105
    edited January 2018

Nothing to see here

Post edited by zachjg on
  • Options
    All good things end.  
  • Options
    Bet on PIT now.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,647
    edited January 2018
    So, is this the distraction? Here’s what the Pats were doing today and it’s part of the reason they’re soon to be six time SB champions. ESPN is reaching for relevancy.

Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    MayDay10 said:
    No, but MJ admitted to cheating in a 60 minutes piece.
    like, cheating cheating...or cheating on his wife cheating?

fuck the pats.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Nothingburger 

Tom Brady Reportedly Forced Jimmy Garoppolo Trade; Patriots Involved in Rift - Bleacher Report https://apple.news/AbcBTedbNQw-WciRrmwFX2g

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Oh this is fun.

So Brady is getting butt hurt that he is realizing he is a system QB
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I like the part where he is mad that Belichick hasnt given him the "Patriot of the Week" award this season.