The National Football League

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,699
    the ratings would be much lower if most people knew you could watch the commercials online days sometimes weeks before.
    I miss igotid88
  • Who watches tv just for commercials. What a game. What a finish. Great ending to a weird season.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    Who watches tv just for commercials. What a game. What a finish. Great ending to a weird season.

the majority of people who watch the super bowl watch for the commercials and halftime performer
    I miss igotid88
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,234
    you wanna back up that statement with some facts because that is just hard to believe.
  • I just noticed that the crowd booed the fuck out of Roger Goodell when he presented the trophy.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,394
    edited February 2015
    igotid88 wrote: »
    Who watches tv just for commercials. What a game. What a finish. Great ending to a weird season.

the majority of people who watch the super bowl watch for the commercials and halftime performer

The ratings wouldn't be much different. Yesterday is like a national holiday.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • Fixed? What awful posts, this was anything but fixed!
    What a great ending -- totally whacky and I dont buy Pete Carroll's explanation, I think he let his coordinator make the call as he typically does and was just covering for him trying to be a good boss.
    Classic game.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The reaction of the entire Seattle fanbase ... and most of the nation ... after Carroll deciding not to unleash Beast Mode

post-27728-Walter-White-Ozymandias-gif-Br-sPNH.gif
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,112
    Saw a stat that Russell Wilson's pass was the 109th time this season a QB threw from the 1yd line and only the FIRST to be picked off. I feel like Pete's call wasn't THAT bad.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • marjenmarjen Posts: 807
    So I had this crazy dream last night, that David Tyree made this crazy catch for the Seahawks with a minute left in the game and then the Seahawks tried to throw the ball from the 1 yd line even though they had Lynch in the backfield? Wait something along those lines actually happened?!

That was an insane ending to a great game. I had horrible flashbacks to the the 2 NYG superbowls on that catch. Was trying to wrap my brain around how a team could lose 3 superbowls because of a 1 in a million catch. And then the Butler did it! What a play, one of the greatest plays in SB history. I expect to watch that play about 500 times today. A little hung over, but damn I am still pumped.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Jimmy, when you're on the 1 yard line and have the BEAST in the back, you RUN the fucken ball. Put it in his hands and start to plan the parade. That call was prob the WORST call ever made in the Super Bowl. Worst
    When Kearse caught that ball it was Tyree and Manningham all over again. Just a crushing feeling. Then Lynch gets stopped on the one. Belichick with balls of steel doesn't call timeout!! I was beside myself. "How can you not call timeout?!?" Screaming at the TV. Then the interception. Euphoria. Then we realize they are on the one and have no room to kneel. Horror. Then Brady draws the offsides! Pure joy! Then the fight. Disgust. Then the second kneel down and finally the clock ticks to zero and it was bedlam in my living room. People hugging and kissing like it was midnight on New Year's Eve and they had just won the lottery at the same time. What a battle, what a game, what a team!

BB, that is true about the beast. You gotta think he would be able to get that one yard.

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I'm sorry, but whoever made that call (offensive coordinator) should be fired for that call. You just lost the Super Bowl because of a fucked up call. You're fired!
    This is not the reaction you want to see from your boss after making a key decision ....

ad2464d0-aa95-11e4-8285-d53e06473030_Final-2.gif

yea because all the parties and stuff. But not everyone is interested in the game itself.
    I miss igotid88
    Jason P wrote: »
    This is not the reaction you want to see from your boss after making a key decision ....

ad2464d0-aa95-11e4-8285-d53e06473030_Final-2.gif

that was after the catch
    I miss igotid88
    marjen wrote: »
    So I had this crazy dream last night, that David Tyree made this crazy catch for the Seahawks with a minute left in the game and then the Seahawks tried to throw the ball from the 1 yd line even though they had Lynch in the backfield? Wait something along those lines actually happened?!

That was an insane ending to a great game. I had horrible flashbacks to the the 2 NYG superbowls on that catch. Was trying to wrap my brain around how a team could lose 3 superbowls because of a 1 in a million catch. And then the Butler did it! What a play, one of the greatest plays in SB history. I expect to watch that play about 500 times today. A little hung over, but damn I am still pumped.

Those were 2 good throws and catches. Not the same as that Seahawks catch
    I miss igotid88
  • At least one Seahawk is thinking what I had passing thoughts about last night: that the final playcall was born out of Carroll preferring Wilson make the hero play over Lynch:

http://deadspin.com/anonymous-seahawk-blames-final-play-call-on-anti-lynch-1683218259
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

yea because all the parties and stuff. But not everyone is interested in the game itself.

Well earlier you said the ratings would be lower, now you say they wouldn't be.

Are you more interested in the commercials?
    www.myspace.com

The Tyree play was extremely similar. Take off your Eli Manning jersey and try looking at things objectively for once dude
    www.myspace.com

I didn't say they wouldn't be. But it's understandable why they're high. Most are there to be with friends or the commercials or something other than the game. There aren't 100 million Patriots fans.
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote: »

The Tyree play was extremely similar. Take off your Eli Manning jersey and try looking at things objectively for once dude

I disagree. They're a little similar in the "holy shit, did that really just happen?" factor. But Tyree's catch was a great play. He caught a pass with a guy hanging all over him. People talk about it like he had stick-um on his helmet. He didn't. He just out-muscled Rodney Harrison. Last night's play was a lucky ricochet.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

If it was Brady you would say different. And it wasn't about the throw, which was the only place he could have thrown it. But the catch was more smart than luck. If you want to say Eli getting out of the potential sack is lucky,fine.
    I miss igotid88

I disagree. They're a little similar in the "holy shit, did that really just happen?" factor. But Tyree's catch was a great play. He caught a pass with a guy hanging all over him. People talk about it like he had stick-um on his helmet. He didn't. He just out-muscled Rodney Harrison. Last night's play was a lucky ricochet.

I agree that he out muscled Harrison...but he used his helmet to hold it! And I think the whole play itself had a certain amount of luck involved. Eli was dead in the water in the pocket. He makes a miraculous escape to elude a sack and heaves it up to Tyree. Eli is not necessarily known as Mr Elusive in the pocket. And of course both came in the waning moments of the 4th with the game on the line. I think if Seattle won, those two plays would be linked together forever.

www.myspace.com
    edited February 2015

I didn't say they wouldn't be. But it's understandable why they're high. Most are there to be with friends or the commercials or something other than the game. There aren't 100 million Patriots fans.

You said they would be "much lower" if people knew they could watch the commercials prior to the game. That's ridiculous. People are attending Super Bowl parties or watching the Super Bowl....because of the game and everything else that goes along with it. Of course there not 100 million Pats or Giants or Seahawks fans, but most people have $ on the game in some shape or form so they're rooting for one team or the other for sure.

If it was more about the commercials and halftime show, the ratings would plummet in the 2nd half.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    Johnny Football is entering rehab. Hopefully he gets the help he needs and is actually seeking it.
  • igotid88 wrote: »

I agree that he out muscled Harrison...but he used his helmet to hold it! And I think the whole play itself had a certain amount of luck involved. Eli was dead in the water in the pocket. He makes a miraculous escape to elude a sack and heaves it up to Tyree. Eli is not necessarily known as Mr Elusive in the pocket. And of course both came in the waning moments of the 4th with the game on the line. I think if Seattle won, those two plays would be linked together forever.

I agree that they'd be linked together. Hell, the Tyree catch is linked with Manningham catch when the there's nothing at all lucky about the Manningham one. It was just Eli making one of the great throws of all-time. But as for Tyree, I don't get why you say "he used his helmet to hold it." That's all he could have done. And that's harder than simply using your hands. I dunno. I just don't think anything about it was lucky on Tyree's end. Even Eli's escape wasn't lucky. Trust me, I know he's not Mr. Elusive. But in the biggest situations, shouldn't making plays you don't normally make be complimented instead of being dismissed as lucky? I think so.

One thing though....there did appear to be some offensive holds by the Giants on that play that weren't called. So if I'm gonna concede anything about that play as being "lucky", that's what I'll concede. But the worst are the people that say Eli should have been called "down in the grasp." FUCK THAT. Tackle the man. But yeah....there might have been some holds.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

If it was Brady you would say different. And it wasn't about the throw, which was the only place he could have thrown it. But the catch was more smart than luck. If you want to say Eli getting out of the potential sack is lucky,fine.

I'm talking about the whole play in general, yes to your last sentence. And I'm obviously an Eagles fan so your first sentence is null and void. I have no bias here.
    www.myspace.com
  • At least one Seahawk is thinking what I had passing thoughts about last night: that the final playcall was born out of Carroll preferring Wilson make the hero play over Lynch:

http://deadspin.com/anonymous-seahawk-blames-final-play-call-on-anti-lynch-1683218259

Knowing Pete's ways from the years of scrutinizing everything he did while @ USC I strongly disagree with this speculation. No way to prove it but I dont think he made that call, I think he was covering for his OC. Even if he did make the final play call, I dont believe him to be the type of man who would risk the game on trying to stoke the ego or public persona of one player over another. We called him Big Balls Pete because he loved to go for it...look at what he did in the first half going for the TD and getting it....I just dont think he would look past what he felt was the best option to go to another good option to stand up Wilson.
    Fully understand the players being disappointed and upset but this seems like a stretch.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved