The National Football League

Comments

• Hey Juggler?

My wife is the Greater American.
    She stood right there next to me.
    With a smile on her face.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • pjtaper wrote: »
    WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DID IT!!!!!! WE WON!!! ALL OF US!!!! YEAH!!!!

XUfeyi6.gif
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,384
    edited February 2015
    igotid88 wrote: »
    I thought Edelman should have been MVP

Gotta be Brady...

I think most everyone would say Edelman.

I don't. I mean you can certainly make an argument for him...but it was Brady who got all those passes to him and only threw three 13 incomplete passes all day---against one of the best defenses ever...and with said defense completely shutting down their running game. If Eli had the same game Brady did, there is no doubt in my mind you would say Eli should win MVP of the universe.

You lead a Super Bowl winning touchdown drive...you win the mvp.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,698
    Funny

That STUPID play call....
    Makes us all FORGET one of the GREATEST catches you will ever see.

Seriously. David Tyree all over again

That Seahawks catch was luckier than Tyree's.
    I miss igotid88
    edited February 2015

Gotta be Brady...

I don't. I mean you can certainly make an argument for him...but it was Brady who got all those passes to him and only threw three 13 incomplete passes all day---against one of the best defenses ever...and with said defense completely shutting down their running game. If Eli had the same game Brady did, there is no doubt in my mind you would say Eli should win MVP of the universe.

He was a candidate. But without Edelman catching the balls and making the plays. Brady's picks don't win him MVP. And I thought Justin Tuck should had been named MVP on the first Giants SB win with Eli and Coughlin.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 wrote: »

Gotta be Brady...

Brady had an ok game, he also threw for two interceptions and was a little bitch the whole third quarter. I'm on board for Edelman.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

Gotta be Brady...

He was a candidate. But without Edelman catching the balls and making the plays. Brady's picks don't win him MVP. And I thought Justin Tuck should had been named MVP on the first SB win

....4th quarter touchdown drives of 64 and 68 yards, including the game winner, against a defense for the ages. If they won handily, Edelman may have got MVP. But they needed, perhaps, the best qb to ever play the game to win that game more than anyone else--hence the mvp
    www.myspace.com
    edited February 2015
    pjhawks wrote: »
    not giving the ball to Lynch and the interception will masks two big things.
    1 - the greatest defense since the '85 Bears choked away a 10 point lead
    2 - awful coaching by Bellichek not calling timeout before that interception wasting about 25 seconds if Seattle had scored when all you would have needed was a field goal to tie if they had scored. bad clock management by the cheater there.

Patriots are still cheating scumbags. fuck them.

That's what I thought about Belichik. How could you let all that time run off? Unless he already knew that Seattle was going to pass.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • The best ever? Top three for sure. Definitely debatable.

Gotta be Brady...

He was a candidate. But without Edelman catching the balls and making the plays. Brady's picks don't win him MVP. And I thought Justin Tuck should had been named MVP on the first SB win

....4th quarter touchdown drives of 64 and 68 yards, including the game winner, against a defense for the ages. If they won handily, Edelman may have got MVP. But they needed, perhaps, the best qb to ever play the game to win that game more than anyone else--hence the mvp

But Eli wasn't playing.
    I miss igotid88
  • Brady is not the best QB ever and I say this as a Pats fan, he is very good just not the best ever..........and his Zoolander face will never let me take him completely seriously.

• igotid88 wrote: »

Gotta be Brady...

I totally disagree with Igotid88 here. Brady's unquestionably the MVP. Edelman played great. But with the exception of the (very) bizarre naming of Fred Biletnikoff MVP in SB11, a WR really needs to have a great portion of the receiving yards in relation to how many passing yards the QB has. Edlemen "only" had 109 yards and 1 TD of Brady's 328 yards and 4 TDs. Comparing that to some WRs that have been named MVP, Lynn Swann was MVP of SB10 cause he had 161 yards of Bradshaw's 209 yards passing. Deion Branch was MVP of SB39 cause he had 133 yards of Brady's 236. And in SB43, Santonio Holmes had 131 yards of Roethlisberger's 256.....though that does counteract Juggler's statement that leading the game-winning drive automatically wins you the MVP cause Holmes got it over Roetlhisberger. But that's basically cause Roethlisberger threw all but one pass to Holmes on that final drive.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    The best ever? Top three for sure. Definitely debatable.

I was always a Montana guy but now you gotta admit there is a serious argument for Brady to at least share the title of best ever with Joe, right? Gotta take into account the defense he just came back from 10 points in the 4th quarter against being one of the all time best.
    www.myspace.com
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    edited February 2015

I was always a Montana guy but now you gotta admit there is a serious argument for Brady to at least share the title of best ever with Joe, right? Gotta take into account the defense he just came back from 10 points in the 4th quarter against being one of the all time best.

Absolutely.

But I'm not going to use a comeback against a good defense as my argument for. Manning was down against a great bears defense when he won his. And as good as manning is (one of the best) he's not in this conversation.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
  • Montana and Brady
    The 2 best I have ever seen.

And Brady still has some game left in him.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • "Mike, did New England win this game, or did Seattle lose it?"

First thing that comes out of Kornheisers mouth on PTI Monday.

Absolutely.

But I'm not going to use a comeback against a good defense as my argument for. Manning was down against a great bears defense when he won his. And as good as manning is (one of the best) he's not in this conversation.

That's not what I meant. The comeback is just added to the already "one of the best ever" body of work.
    www.myspace.com

Oh god you hit the nail on the head there. Questions like that are among the many reasons I can't stand that show.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

Oh god you hit the nail on the head there. Questions like that are among the many reasons I can't stand that show.

The answer is obvious. Seattle lost it!
  • Seattle lost it twice. Giving up the lead and then that debacle. I wonder what the odds say of 3 straight runs with beastmode. What do you think the percentage is in that scenario? Pats played well and certainly good enough to win. Seattle really let them off the hook though.
  • The best ever? Top three for sure. Definitely debatable.

Absolutely.

That's not what I meant. The comeback is just added to the already "one of the best ever" body of work.

Dude, I'm a bills fan. I can't in good faith say Brady is the best qb ever. Work with me here.

Umm....no. Unless you're being sarcastic and mocking Wilbon and Kornheiser. The Pats outplayed them in the fourth quarter by going on two great TD drives and shutting them out on defense. Yeah that play at the end was horrible (on both a play-calling front AND on Wilson) but it was set-up by a play WAY luckier than Tyree's catch. I dunno. I've just always been against that sort of rhetoric in sports: stuff like "this team lost it more than that team won it" or "you didn't beat us, we beat ourselves", etc.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

Umm....no. Unless you're being sarcastic and mocking Wilbon and Kornheiser. The Pats outplayed them in the fourth quarter by going on two great TD drives and shutting them out on defense. Yeah that play at the end was horrible (on both a play-calling front AND on Wilson) but it was set-up by a play WAY luckier than Tyree's catch. I dunno. I've just always been against that sort of rhetoric in sports: stuff like "this team lost it more than that team won it" or "you didn't beat us, we beat ourselves", etc.

Yes it was sarcastic. That will be wilbons answer.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    edited February 2015
    "Mike, did New England win this game, or did Seattle lose it?"

Oh okay. I figured that but wasn't entirely sure.

Bayless and Stephen A. will be even worse.

"Stephen A, IN YOUR HEART OF HEARTS, you know as well as I do that SEATTLE GIFT-WRAPPED THAT GAME FOR TOM TERRIFIC THE GOLDEN BOY!"
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • The answer is simple.....the Pats won it and the Hawks lost it. However you want to word twist it that is the long and the short of it. It would be the same if the outcome went the Hawks way.

Wilbons answer "Seattle lost just like green bay lost. Green bay should have beaten Seattle and Seattle should have won the super bowl. The best team didn't win."

To which I will reply "huh?"

Wilbons answer "Seattle lost just like green bay lost. Green bay should have beaten Seattle and Seattle should have won the super bowl. The best team didn't win."

To which I will reply "huh?"

Yeah it can get ridiculous. Not just those two. All those type of shows.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    How the FUCK do you THROW the football there???

WTF!!!!!

Most RIDICULOUS play call EVER!!!!!!

Agreed. It reminded me of when Jim Harbaugh told Kaepernick to throw on every down instead of giving the ball to Frank Gore against the Ravens 2 years ago.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,742
    Yefa wrote: »
    How the FUCK do you THROW the football there???

WTF!!!!!

Most RIDICULOUS play call EVER!!!!!!

Agreed. It reminded me of when Jim Harbaugh told Kaepernick to throw on every down instead of giving the ball to Frank Gore against the Ravens 2 years ago.

Yeah, even if Seattle scored a TD on that play it would've STILL been a DUMB play call.

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    If u were gonna throw, which is a dipshit decision.... Throw it high in the corner to Matthews or Willson.

Seattle could win a few more Super Bowls, this will still eat at them. Their probability to win this under the circumstances had to be like 98% or something. Like Ray Allen shocking the Spurs a few years ago in NBA FINALS.

Great game