The National Football League

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I've never seen a more incompetent defense. Seattle ran the same 4 plays all game and all of a sudden, green bay couldn't cover them. Green bay definitely deserved to lose.

When PTI asks Monday afternoon if Seattle won the game or did green bay lose it, the definite answer is green bay lost it.

There's no definitive answer to questions like that. Seattle's defense held Green Bay to six points in the second half. Isn't that their defense making plays? Lynch ran over the Pack defense. Isn't that the Seattle running game making plays?

Agreed Seattle deserved this win. GB only 9 points after quarter 1, just not good enough.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    They are going to be impossible to beat literally.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,394
    The SEA/GB game sure set the bar pretty high on Championship Sunday.

Indeed. I don't know how any game can top what we just saw, at least that 2nd half. Love watching Seattle play.
    www.myspace.com
  • Seattle was lucky not to be down 28 after the first half.

See I totally disagree. Why were they lucky? Because they made stops and held GB to field goals after their turnovers? Because McCarthy is spinless and didn't go for it on 4th and goal from the 1-yard-line? Again, you and I just watch sports very differently. Neither of us is right or wrong here.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,699
    If Indy wins i'm going for Seattle. If NE wins I'm going for NE. Only so that the Giants are the only team to beat them in the Super Bowl
    I miss igotid88
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I know indy has no chance if they hand the pats a short field....
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,856
    lukin2006 wrote: »
    I've never seen a more incompetent defense. Seattle ran the same 4 plays all game and all of a sudden, green bay couldn't cover them. Green bay definitely deserved to lose.

When PTI asks Monday afternoon if Seattle won the game or did green bay lose it, the definite answer is green bay lost it.

There's no definitive answer to questions like that. Seattle's defense held Green Bay to six points in the second half. Isn't that their defense making plays? Lynch ran over the Pack defense. Isn't that the Seattle running game making plays?

Agreed Seattle deserved this win. GB only 9 points after quarter 1, just not good enough.

Seattle got a fucking gift.

Damn, I'm pissed!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    For those of you who think that was the greatest game/comeback you've ever seen, I agree.

Let's not get crazy. Buffalo coming back from 30 at the half in the early 90's against the Oilers holds that title.

True but there is a difference between a wild card game and the AFC championship game.
    www.myspace.com
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,239
    Wow, all the credit to Seattle but as a Packers fan this is about as heartbreaking as it gets. Couldn't they have just got creamed from the beginning like everyone thought they would?
  • The SEA/GB game sure set the bar pretty high on Championship Sunday.

Indeed. I don't know how any game can top what we just saw, at least that 2nd half. Love watching Seattle play.

It's one of the rare times OMG is justifiable.

I recorded it, like you probably did. I'll never delete it.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
    edited January 2015

No question about it. Seattle's defense did their part early and it paid off at the end.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,865
    I definitely feel for GB fans. That would really suck.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • We were all so fortunate to witness that game. It was a privilege and an honour.
  • lukin2006 wrote: »

Totally. They got an early lead and tried to cling to it for dear life. "Playing not to lose" might as well be called "playing to lose."
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

It wasn't the 9 points....it was the botched onside kick and inexplicable no contest on the wounded duck 2 point conversion.

fuck seattle.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote: »

Damn, I'm pissed!

Hey Rob are you more upset over your Packers losing or your Cowboys losing...to your Packers?

www.myspace.com
  • This is why you never change the channel or leave the stadium before a game is OVER.
    the good.....or maybe bad....news is you're getting my drunken, unfiltered commentary!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    For those of you who think that was the greatest game/comeback you've ever seen, I agree.

Let's not get crazy. Buffalo coming back from 30 at the half in the early 90's against the Oilers holds that title.

True but there is a difference between a wild card game and the AFC championship game.

Ehh, it's all the playoffs. Win or go home. Plus buffalo goes to the Super bowl that year. Is there really a difference between a wild card game and the afc championship? My apologies for being argumentative. But Seattle was only down 2 scores at the half.
  • Hard to imagine NE not coming away with 7 there. Capitalized on that turnover.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,501

Damn, I'm pissed!

I think they earned it. How many other games do you watch where the team needs of few TD's with only minutes left on the clock. To be able to execute a TD run (Especially as far back as they got penalized), execute an onside kick, excute another touchdown, execute a conversion, then get a 3 play touchdown in the first minutes of OT.

That's not a gift, that's f'ing earned. So many teams fail. It's like being down 2 goals in an NHL games and pulling out your goalie with 3 minutes to go. How many teams can actually score 2 goals to tie with the goal pulled for 3 minutes. It's extremely hard to do. You pull that off you earned it.
  • RiotZact wrote: »
    Wow, all the credit to Seattle but as a Packers fan this is about as heartbreaking as it gets. Couldn't they have just got creamed from the beginning like everyone thought they would?

No, this was better.

Ehh, it's all the playoffs. Win or go home. Plus buffalo goes to the Super bowl that year. Is there really a difference between a wild card game and the afc championship? My apologies for being argumentative. But Seattle was only down 2 scores at the half.

I think there is a big difference. Especially considering it was against the fucking Oilers who couldn't win a playoff game to save their life.
    www.myspace.com
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087

Damn, I'm pissed!

I have to disagree ... To overcome 5 TO's and 12 point deficit with 5 minutes left, not to mention GB was in possession of the ball at that point.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • For those of you who think that was the greatest game/comeback you've ever seen, I agree.

Oh well you had to go pretty far back to find a game that compares, lol. The Oilers?? Early 90's!? C'mon man, this was one for the ages.

Oh well you had to go pretty far back to find a game that compares, lol. The Oilers?? Early 90's!? C'mon man, this was one for the ages.

Yes it is. Why the hate for those oiler teams? Warren moon is a hall of famer.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,743

I was not.

I think this was:

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/buffalo-bills-pull-off-greatest-comeback-in-nfl-history

On this day in 1993, backup quarterback Frank Reich leads the Buffalo Bills to a 41-38 overtime victory over the Houston Oilers in an American Football Conference (AFC) wild card playoff game that will forever be known to football fans as "The Comeback."

By halftime of the game, Houston was out in front, 28-3, behind four touchdown passes by future Hall of Famer Warren Moon. At the beginning of the second half, things got even darker for Buffalo when the Houston strong safety Bubba McDowell intercepted a pass from Reich, who was filling in for the injured Jim Kelly. McDowell ran 58 yards for another Oiler touchdown, putting the score at 35-3. At this point, many Bills fans headed home out of the chilly western New York weather, convinced the game was lost.

On the very next possession, however, Buffalo began to rally, driving 50 yards in 10 plays and scoring a touchdown on a one-yard run by Kenneth Davis. Bills kicker Steve Christie then recovered his own onside kick to give Reich the ball. Reich needed only four plays that time, connecting with Don Beebe on a 38-yard touchdown to put the score at 35-17. A stellar job by the Bills’ defense gave Buffalo possession again, and Reich capitalized by finding Andre Reed for a 26-yard touchdown. On the Oilers’ next drive, Bills safety Henry Jones intercepted a deflected Moon pass for a 15-yard return, enabling Reich to find Reed for another score. By that point, the Bills had cut their deficit to four points, in a span of only six minutes and 52 seconds.

After the Oilers botched a field goal attempt and turned the ball over again, Reich made a 17-yard touchdown pass to Reed to put Buffalo up 38-35 with less than three minutes left in regulation. In the waning seconds of the game, Houston’s Al Del Greco made a 26-yard field goal kick to tie the score and send the game into overtime. On a Houston drive, the Bills defensive back Nate Odomes intercepted a Moon pass. Davis made two six-yard rushes, and Christie stepped up for a 32-yard field goal attempt. He booted the ball through the uprights, winning the game for Buffalo 41-38 and completing the largest comeback victory (32 points) in National Football League (NFL) history.

The Bills made it to the Super Bowl that year but lost to the Dallas Cowboys. It was the third of four consecutive Super Bowl appearances for the Bills; they lost all four games.

MAYBE you weren't born yet?

Very interstitial get stat: Aaron Rodgers is 40-1 in his career with a 16+ point lead.
    Updated: 40-2
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,743

Sorry, but if a team turns the ball over 5 times they don't deserve to win and MOST times they don't.
  • For those of you who think that was the greatest game/comeback you've ever seen, I agree.

Yes it is. Why the hate for those oiler teams? Warren moon is a hall of famer.

Not sure how you read that into it? Lol. All I said was the best game I'VE ever seen.