The National Football League

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Unbelievable ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • cutz wrote: »
    The better team won

I didn't think Seattle was the better team TODAY.

Sure they were. If you can turn the ball over 5 times and win, you played great. You gotta make plays when it matters. Seattle did. And Green Bay didn't. The Packers were gutless the way they tried to cling to their lead.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I've never seen a more incompetent defense. Seattle ran the same 4 plays all game and all of a sudden, green bay couldn't cover them. Green bay definitely deserved to lose.

When PTI asks Monday afternoon if Seattle won the game or did green bay lose it, the definite answer is green bay lost it.
  • Holy shit. Cant believe they won that game.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    cutz wrote: »
    The better team won

Sure they were. If you can turn the ball over 5 times and win, you played great. You gotta make plays when it matters. Seattle did. And Green Bay didn't. The Packers were gutless the way they tried to cling to their lead.

Green bay was the better team today. They just blew it.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,857
    I've never seen a more incompetent defense. Seattle ran the same 4 plays all game and all of a sudden, green bay couldn't cover them. Green bay definitely deserved to lose.

When PTI asks Monday afternoon if Seattle won the game or did green bay lose it, the definite answer is green bay lost it.

yes.

Jesus h. Fucking Christ.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    The better team won

5 takeaways and scored only 22 points ... That says it all.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • I've never seen a more incompetent defense. Seattle ran the same 4 plays all game and all of a sudden, green bay couldn't cover them. Green bay definitely deserved to lose.

There's no definitive answer to questions like that. Seattle's defense held Green Bay to six points in the second half. Isn't that their defense making plays? Lynch ran over the Pack defense. Isn't that the Seattle running game making plays?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • For those of you who think that was the greatest game/comeback you've ever seen, I agree.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • lukin2006 wrote: »
    The better team won

5 takeaways and scored only 22 points ... That says it all.

I've always said "Anybody can win when the play good." You played good and won? Well that happens all the time. But when you can play as shitty as Seattle did in the first half and come back to win, then you're great. Seattle's great.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,501
    I would say Green Bay definitely owned the first half but Seattle owned the 2nd half. Especially the last quarter. Their defense tightened right up, and the offense started to click.

I think the better team won. Green Bay had a few chances to stop that epic comeback and came up short.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,866
    I always figured that the best team of a game is the one that won the game.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,701
    I go back to that big first down GB let Wilson throw. They went away from what they were doing.
    I miss igotid88

There's no definitive answer to questions like that. Seattle's defense held Green Bay to six points in the second half. Isn't that their defense making plays? Lynch ran over the Pack defense. Isn't that the Seattle running game making plays?

To Seattles credit, they made the plays when they had to. But green bay lost that game. They were in control the entire game. Even when they were down 3 with 2 minutes left, they were in control. Their defense blew a huge lead I the road. Lynch ran the ball well, but he's rarely held down. Allowing those passes to be completed is just unacceptable. That 2 point conversion pass was in the air for 7 seconds.
    SB is going to suck because I like to root for a team. Don't want NE to win, Don't want Indy to win because I want them to suffer for what they did to Peyton. Seattle I don't like.
    I miss igotid88
  • I can stop watching football now. Nothing will ever top that.
    Anyway, I don't care that Seattle won, I'm just pissed that green bay didn't cover the spread!
  • I've never seen a more incompetent defense. Seattle ran the same 4 plays all game and all of a sudden, green bay couldn't cover them. Green bay definitely deserved to lose.

To Seattles credit, they made the plays when they had to. But green bay lost that game. They were in control the entire game. Even when they were down 3 with 2 minutes left, they were in control. Their defense blew a huge lead I the road. Lynch ran the ball well, but he's rarely held down. Allowing those passes to be completed is just unacceptable. That 2 point conversion pass was in the air for 7 seconds.

You and I are just different types of fans. I credit Wilson for making something out of nothing there. You seem to think that Seattle was lucky to come back. I feel that Green Bay was lucky to be leading by 16 in the first place. So we'll have to agree to disagree here.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Zod wrote: »
    I would say Green Bay definitely owned the first half but Seattle owned the 2nd half. Especially the last quarter. Their defense tightened right up, and the offense started to click.

I think the better team won. Green Bay had a few chances to stop that epic comeback and came up short.

All GB had to do was make simple catch on the onside kick or bat the ball down on the 2 pt conversion attempt.
    I miss igotid88

You and I are just different types of fans. I credit Wilson for making something out of nothing there. You seem to think that Seattle was lucky to come back. I feel that Green Bay was lucky to be leading by 16 in the first place. So we'll have to agree to disagree here.

I don't know if I credit Wilson. Lynch and the Seattle defense won this game. As they do most of their games
    I miss igotid88
  • Well that game went from 0 to 60 real fast, I feel a little bad for all the GB fans who thought they had it locked in halfway through the 4th.....
    I'm 50/50 on this one as I have a soft spot for both teams......but now onto the game I'm really interested in.......come on Pats.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • igotid88 wrote: »

I don't know if I credit Wilson. Lynch and the Seattle defense won this game. As they do most of their games

Wilson, Lynch, and the Seattle D won me my fantasy league this year. I can't praise them enough.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    edited January 2015

Seattle was lucky not to be down 28 after the first half. No, he wasn't lucky. He made the plays when he had to. He was horrible in the first half. He wasn't good in the second half either. He just made the plays. The turning point was obviously the fake fg. Green bay not being able to respond directly with td killed them.

This will go down as one of the best games in nfl history.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
    For those of you who think that was the greatest choke you've ever seen, I agree.

Fixed.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    For those of you who think that was the greatest game/comeback you've ever seen, I agree.

Let's not get crazy. Buffalo coming back from 30 at the half in the early 90's against the Oilers holds that title.
  • The SEA/GB game sure set the bar pretty high on Championship Sunday.
    onside kick fail.

2 point conversion fail.

game, sea-fucking-attle.

funny how my favorite musicians root for a team I despise.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    imalive wrote: »
    onside kick fail.

2 point conversion fail.

game, sea-fucking-attle.

funny how my favorite musicians root for a team I despise.

Sliding after the pick with a wide open field and 5 minutes to play.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,721
    of course i missed the last half of the game. Had volleyball oM52VQa.gif
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Congratulations Seattle Seahawks and your fans. You definitely deserved it.

Or green bay just blew it. Either way, congrats!