The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    mikepegg44 wrote:
    the dark and stormies are going to be coming on full force

Take refuge in the lounge! Cheers!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Is it time?

Is it time?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Is it time?

Is it time?

Uhh.. Ye.. It. Yes. It's, It's time to Kick out the jams, mother f@*!?rs!

All aboard!
    Is it time?

Is it time?

All aboard!

Damn straight, Edson! I'm with you! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• brianlux wrote:

All aboard!

Damn straight, Edson! I'm with you! :D

Whasup!?

Got some Blue Point Spring Fling on tap. ( local LI brew)

Whasup!?

Hey man, sounds good. I'm goin' for the kill- Margaritas! Yeah!

• brianlux wrote:

Whasup!?

Hey man, sounds good. I'm goin' for the kill- Margaritas! Yeah!
    :thumbup:
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hiya, fellas!

Been a long day, long week, thinking about what we're gonna do for dinner but still in decompression mode.

So - going for the sweetgreen and a bit o'libations here...and old-school Aerosmith - Lick and a Promise :mrgreen:

Cheers!
    I'm ready for the weekend. I mean, REALLY ready for the weekend. Come ooooooooooooon weekend!

Meee tooo! Got back from physical therapy a bit ago - I got worked and GOOD (that's what she said :mrgreen: ) and I'm more than ready for a day or two off with no (OK, with few) responsibilities.

My sweetie's off tomorrow for Good Friday, but not I!

Still, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    Early departure today - hitting a Good Friday lunch/happy hour. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    Is it too early--11:45 EST--for a Mint Julep?
    (Maker's or Knob Creek will be fine. I'm not picky :mrgreen: )
    whygohome wrote:
    Is it too early--11:45 EST--for a Mint Julep?
    (Maker's or Knob Creek will be fine. I'm not picky :mrgreen: )

No, not too early at all. It's 5:00 PM somewhere, right? :lol:

Well, it's 4:30 here, so...close enough!

I'm in ostrich-mode this fine evening.

I suggest that those who can take a peek at the moon later on :)
    Good Friday/Seder (thanks, Edson) and what ever else y'all are commemorating/celebrating today. I'll play play it safe tonight and go with the Zinfandel-- and a little brandy later in the evening. That should cover all bases. 8-)

• EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506
    edited April 2012
    Yeeeeeeehaaaaaaa! I've been here for a while. Have you? A little red wine from the 'rents for Seder. Now finally home to kick the Blue Point keg.
    Post edited by EdsonNascimento on
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    who cares....picked up a woman at the bar...i knew her former b/f...he used to book my band but he was a douche...they went to the playboy mansion together and she left him there.....he ended up selling his bar and she left him...but he used to beat her so he gets what karma deals him.....asshole.....
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    mikepegg44 wrote:

I think this will be my summer drink this year.......used to knock back quite a few of these at an old beach bar where I used to live. I think I kept Myer's in business.
    Another Friday (the 13th, no less!) afternoon and I'm craving... hot cocoa? Must be the weird weather we're having- snow in April!

• mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    whygohome wrote:
    mikepegg44 wrote:

I think this will be my summer drink this year.......used to knock back quite a few of these at an old beach bar where I used to live. I think I kept Myer's in business.

they are damn good.
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    brianlux wrote:
    Another Friday (the 13th, no less!) afternoon and I'm craving... hot cocoa? Must be the weird weather we're having- snow in April!

a little bailey's coffee?

I will be partaking in a Summit Pale ale and a couple of fingers of Glenlivet 21 soon enough...

76 tomorrow and snow on monday morning...god i love MN
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
    mikepegg44 wrote:
    brianlux wrote:

a little bailey's coffee?

I will be partaking in a Summit Pale ale and a couple of fingers of Glenlivet 21 soon enough...

76 tomorrow and snow on monday morning...god i love MN

Actually I just a dumped some some Swiss Miss in my coffee but Baileys... ah, now there's a plan! 8-)

I love mixing coffee and hot cocoa! I like Baileys in it too, but hell...anything we've got in the house usually works.

Countdown till end of the workday! I just wish the storm would've started here AFTER I have to walk to my car sans umbrella.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    I'm getting the fixings out for Corona margaritas, yum! 2 Caronas, a frozen lime juice concentrate and half a can (lime juice can) of tequila. Stirred, not shaken! (since beer doesn't do well shaken). ;)
    Jeanwah wrote:
    I'm getting the fixings out for Corona margaritas, yum! 2 Caronas, a frozen lime juice concentrate and half a can (lime juice can) of tequila. Stirred, not shaken! (since beer doesn't do well shaken). ;)
    Whew! That'll cure what ever ails you! ... :) ... :D ... :mrgreen:

• JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    brianlux wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Whew! That'll cure what ever ails you! ... :) ... :D ... :mrgreen:

It does... :lol:
  • On tonight. Long Island wineries for tasting and restocking for the summer parties this afternoon. A little shopping at the outlets on the way home to make the wife happy between, and now to finish the keg with some pizza, baseball and tunes! That's a day!
    On tonight. Long Island wineries for tasting and restocking for the summer parties this afternoon. A little shopping at the outlets on the way home to make the wife happy between, and now to finish the keg with some pizza, baseball and tunes! That's a day!

:thumbup:

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,130
    celebrating a blues and cardinals victory with the always smooth as a mountain stream busch beer...

god i am so white fucking trash :lol::lol::lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."