The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    You are most welcome, good sir.

New stuff is interesting and thoughtful to me, though my husband is the long-time fan. He tries to spoon-feed me their music and I must say, so far, so good :)
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    hedonist said:

New stuff is interesting and thoughtful to me, though my husband is the long-time fan. He tries to spoon-feed me their music and I must say, so far, so good :)

Those Megadeth lyrics to Lying In State seem so appropriate today. Mustaine now a committed Christian has written and is still writing some pre found lyrics. I'm watching a complete concert from last week for their new Dystopia album which gotten some great reviews.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g, I have a feeling that'll be appropriate for the next several months.

I fucking love Mustaine!

Taking a long weekend and listening to the music my husband would typically roll his eyes at me for.

Currently blasting the scene from (the film) Hair - Let the Sunshine In.

ABBA's Waterloo might be up next.

Anyone here rolls their eyes at me for that, I'll cut ya =)
    Well, this might be one of the loveliest things I've ever heard or seen...this version.

Sort of appropriate for now too?

Mercury was given to fly :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyd6OLyhPJo
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Oh I love me some Zep, chadwick.

Posted this one before (though missing Bonzo & JPJ) but just beautiful. Brings me calm and smiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_13C5L9Lx8s

Cheers to you and your rolling rock :)
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    page & plant: unledded
    is absolutely a perfect album. i've listened to it for weeks at a time. it is meditative.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    edited March 2016
    hedonist said:

Those Megadeth lyrics
    hedonist said:

g, I have a feeling that'll be appropriate for the next several months.

I fucking love Mustaine!

Taking a long weekend and listening to the music my husband would typically roll his eyes at me for.

Currently blasting the scene from (the film) Hair - Let the Sunshine In.

ABBA's Waterloo might be up next.

Anyone here rolls their eyes at me for that, I'll cut ya =)

Lol, I won't roll my eyes I'll just look away, look away. A couple days ago I was listening to Billy Idol albums and I thought if my friends saw me they would disown me. However, I love to hear the songs Sweet Sixteen, Eyes Without A Face etc. was he ever a MTV staple back in the day.

http://youtu.be/iyKkFvpRLxY

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

I always dug Idol's music, part of my teen-ish years. I remember when he had a motorcycle accident close by here, something like 25 years ago.

White Wedding!

Told my husband of the musical binging and he indeed rolled his eyes :angry: Then kissed my forehead.

Music is like food, I guess. Cravings run the gamut.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe Posts: 4,957
    edited March 2016
    hedonist said:
    Good stuff. I see your awesomeness and raise you this glorious piece of prime Zeppelin.
    https://youtu.be/ebz8gcWvg5A

Although, JPJ gets no love in this video.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
    And that beauty wins you the hand, WYTM! That Earl's Court show is among their finest.
    g! Just discovered this, thought you might dig it (not sure if you're a fan of QOTSA but oh so talented and Homme has a similar timbre of voice as Idol).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGtXtzOHroA
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Nice one hedonist... like them very much!
    This came up here tonight...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr3dWscslo8
    kce, very nice - and it's so good to see you here again! I hope your life is keeping you in a happy state :)

And to my Zep-loving friend(s), the Wilson sisters covering Stairway to Heaven = such pureness. Especially seeing Page's & Plant's faces. Got a bit teary along with them.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    https://youtu.be/3am0kImrqM0

Natiruts!
    (pronounced notchy hoots)
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Led Zeppelin are the gods of rock- they're on a different plateau than every other band even though I rarely listen to them any more.

Selfishly, I wish they'd grab Bonham's kid and do a 'last tour'. But the fact that they haven't speaks to their rock godliness: no plug and plays... no next man up (even though it's kind of a no-brainer). They played hard. They lost a man. They went home. The gig was up.

And I do know there are personality issues at work here aside from honouring the band mate.

* Billy Idol cussed out Led Zeppelin and because he did... I think he sucks (I've never been able to forgive him for that). Elvis Costello did the same thing- and, despite having some really good cuts, he'll never receive air play through my speakers.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Led Zeppelin are the gods of rock- they're on a different plateau than every other band even though I rarely listen to them any more.

Selfishly, I wish they'd grab Bonham's kid and do a 'last tour'. But the fact that they haven't speaks to their rock godliness: no plug and plays... no next man up (even though it's kind of a no-brainer). They played hard. They lost a man. They went home. The gig was up.

And I do know there are personality issues at work here aside from honouring the band mate.

* Billy Idol cussed out Led Zeppelin and because he did... I think he sucks (I've never been able to forgive him for that). Elvis Costello did the same thing- and, despite having some really good cuts, he'll never receive air play through my speakers.

The Ramones did as well, I saw an interview when I was in 8th grade, ____ Ramone said something like "I have never listened to Led Zeppelin but I know I don't like them" and I never gave the Ramones a chance after that lol

Zep is on another plane altogether, you are right about that. The truest rock gods there ever were!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:

Led Zeppelin are the gods of rock- they're on a different plateau than every other band even though I rarely listen to them any more.

The Ramones did as well, I saw an interview when I was in 8th grade, ____ Ramone said something like "I have never listened to Led Zeppelin but I know I don't like them" and I never gave the Ramones a chance after that lol

Zep is on another plane altogether, you are right about that. The truest rock gods there ever were!
    Lol.

Second thing we've ever agreed upon!

(Ramones... delete delete delete from music library).
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,616
    I love the Ramones. I love Led Zeppelin. It makes absolutely no difference to me what either thinks of the other. All music stands on its. But, hey, it's the lounge. Cheers, friends. Spin whatever makes you feel good this morning.

My back is out so bad I can hardly walk this morning and I have to work anyway but, damn, I feel GOOD in my soul this morning! :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

I like me some Ramones just fine, but Zep has my heart (and then some).

And goddamn the back thing, B. Glad you're soul-smiling though!
    Thanks, Hedo!

OK, since Zep has the floor this morning, give us something good here to rock out too! :smile:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Well, though two members short (ha!), this is a favorite of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zf3HU4XTQs
    hedonist said:

Well, though two members short (ha!), this is a favorite of mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zf3HU4XTQs

Nice! And that double necked Ovation- unusual! Jimmy has them all.

hedonist said:

g! Just discovered this, thought you might dig it (not sure if you're a fan of QOTSA but oh so talented and Homme has a similar timbre of voice as Idol).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGtXtzOHroA

Thank you that was real nice Hedo I don't know much about QOTSA but I do like that deep bass voice that lead singer has similar to Billy Idol.

Peace

Just chilling big day tomorrow I gather. Saw that cool live video of Plant and Page made me think of this song by Plant.

http://youtu.be/8AT7sJkBejc

Love the album The Princple Of Moments and his solo shows.

Peace

• g under p said:

Just chilling big day tomorrow I gather. Saw that cool live video of Plant and Page made me think of this song by Plant.

http://youtu.be/8AT7sJkBejc

Love the album The Princple Of Moments and his solo shows.

Peace

The PNE in Vancouver, back in 1988 or 1989, was out of control. The people in the stands had rushed the floor. The chairs were crushed and the floor mob swayed- lifting people and moving them what seemed like 10 feet East or West depending on which way the crowd form was moving.

It was mid-summer. Unbelievably hot. Plant was killing it. Threw in Misty Mountain Hop at one point.

The encore break saw the place become frenzied. I've never been to a show so violently intense.

Plant came out... the place felt like it was going to implode... and then the first notes of Big Log were played and the crowd instantly mellowed to the extreme opposite of what it was.

I've never seen a song have such impact or a performer influence a crowd like I did that day. Nobody's come close. If we're ever together talking about live shows... I'll bring this up. There's a great story best shared over a beer that I'm not going to bother trying to place in written language- my favourite concert story of all time for sure.

Love Plant.
  • Just looked at the setlists:

In The Evening, Trampled Under Foot as well.

What a great show!