Options

The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

g under p said:

Just chilling big day tomorrow I gather. Saw that cool live video of Plant and Page made me think of this song by Plant.

http://youtu.be/8AT7sJkBejc

Love the album The Princple Of Moments and his solo shows.

Peace

The PNE in Vancouver, back in 1988 or 1989, was out of control. The people in the stands had rushed the floor. The chairs were crushed and the floor mob swayed- lifting people and moving them what seemed like 10 feet East or West depending on which way the crowd form was moving.

It was mid-summer. Unbelievably hot. Plant was killing it. Threw in Misty Mountain Hop at one point.

The encore break saw the place become frenzied. I've never been to a show so violently intense.

Plant came out... the place felt like it was going to implode... and then the first notes of Big Log were played and the crowd instantly mellowed to the extreme opposite of what it was.

I've never seen a song have such impact or a performer influence a crowd like I did that day. Nobody's come close. If we're ever together talking about live shows... I'll bring this up. There's a great story best shared over a beer that I'm not going to bother trying to place in written language- my favourite concert story of all time for sure.

Love Plant.
    You tease!

I remember when Big Log (my immature self snickers at that every time) came out - loved its groove and the video was a wonderful accompaniment. Visually captured it so well.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

g under p said:

Just chilling big day tomorrow I gather. Saw that cool live video of Plant and Page made me think of this song by Plant.

http://youtu.be/8AT7sJkBejc

Love the album The Princple Of Moments and his solo shows.

Peace

The PNE in Vancouver, back in 1988 or 1989, was out of control. The people in the stands had rushed the floor. The chairs were crushed and the floor mob swayed- lifting people and moving them what seemed like 10 feet East or West depending on which way the crowd form was moving.

It was mid-summer. Unbelievably hot. Plant was killing it. Threw in Misty Mountain Hop at one point.

The encore break saw the place become frenzied. I've never been to a show so violently intense.

Plant came out... the place felt like it was going to implode... and then the first notes of Big Log were played and the crowd instantly mellowed to the extreme opposite of what it was.

I've never seen a song have such impact or a performer influence a crowd like I did that day. Nobody's come close. If we're ever together talking about live shows... I'll bring this up. There's a great story best shared over a beer that I'm not going to bother trying to place in written language- my favourite concert story of all time for sure.

Love Plant.
    You tease!

I remember when Big Log (my immature self snickers at that every time) came out - loved its groove and the video was a wonderful accompaniment. Visually captured it so well.
    In time, my friend. In time. I simply do not have the ability to present the story in words as it should be presented. Great times though!

Big Log is my favourite Plant song. Little By Little is a fine number as well!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I hear ya, Thirty, and respect that. Sometimes words just can't be forced.

And you had to mention Little by Little after I spoke of my being of a juvenile mind?

I hope some day to enjoy Plant live. He's on my list! Short list, but he's so on it.

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    garcon, drink. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Long time no see, cate! Hope you're well :)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    Indeed! Cheers, Cate.

Cheers all!

P.S. Happy day here... rain!!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Had a BLAST of rain here earlier, Mr. California Man.

Love love LOVE these guys. Wish musical (and other styles of) talent were still around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJE_puVA29s
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    hedonist said:

Had a BLAST of rain here earlier, Mr. California Man.

Love love LOVE these guys. Wish musical (and other styles of) talent were still around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJE_puVA29s

Rain! We always welcome it over here in the desert!
    https://youtu.be/jTxlDC93mXs
  • Options
    :peace: to my Beatles-and-rain-loving friend!

A slew of that band's music I wanted to reach myself into, but for now, with Dhani so-sweetly belting out For You Blue, I'm supposing on behalf of my favorite George.

Anyway, thanks. Gonna dig up some more of my fave four and their kin :)
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    hedonist said:

A slew of that band's music I wanted to reach myself into, but for now, with Dhani so-sweetly belting out For You Blue, I'm supposing on behalf of my favorite George.

When we (everyone) arrived at Vienna there was a torrential rain coming down, so later that night Mike requested they play Rain, and it was awesome!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    rgambs said:

hedonist said:

When we (everyone) arrived at Vienna there was a torrential rain coming down, so later that night Mike requested they play Rain, and it was awesome!
    I have that boot. Great show! I am a little jealous.
  • Options
    That sounds just beautiful, gambo.
  • Options
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rr165892 said:

Love that clip rr…choice rock n roll always helps makes things better for me. I am feeling Great Again.
  • Options
    rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Good to hear Dan-O.Im about to go get my happy on as well.Cheers loungers
  • Options
    Rock on, rr!
  • Options
  • Options
    Interesting take on a staple. For all the midnight tokers...
    https://youtu.be/ahH9TlLo4xI
  • Options
    Thank you so much for this! We had this amazingly talented man's music going earlier and I had no idea he covered it.

Right at this moment is Clint Eastwood courtesy of the Gorillaz.

Sunshine in a bag! But that up there is next.
  • Options
    Listening now and a-toking :)

Thanks again.
  • Options
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    hedonist said:

Thank you so much for this! We had this amazingly talented man's music going earlier and I had no idea he covered it.

Right at this moment is Clint Eastwood courtesy of the Gorillaz.

Sunshine in a bag! But that up there is next.

Is there anything Warren hasn't covered? I have an older brother that really digs them and tries to make it up to their Mountain Jam festival every year. Matisyahu added a nice touch IMO.

I read somewhere that Mule has played over 1000 different songs over the years and keeps about 300 in their rotation. What a brain to be able to absorb and interpret so much music. I believe on that particular evening, they closed it down with Black followed by The Train Kept a Rollin.
  • Options
    Igor Presnyakov is worth checking out as well.

Great groove and wide range.

(that's what she said)
  • Options
    hedonist said:

(that's what she said)

Wow. As a guitar player with limited skills, it really makes me appreciate how good some of these guys are. I also found myself judging different music less, once I gained that appreciation. To write or play a song is not an easy task to learn.
  • Options

hedonist said:

(that's what she said)

Wow. As a guitar player with limited skills, it really makes me appreciate how good some of these guys are. I also found myself judging different music less, once I gained that appreciation. To write or play a song is not an easy task to learn.
    I can write well once in a while (prose form) if I'm lucky and in the moment. But I'm in awe of those who have that gorgeous voice, or compose (oh to be Mozart for ten minutes!), or play an instrument with such seeming ease. Seems innate and definitely brings appreciation from here too (not to mention envy!).
  • Options

• Options
    And here's one! Maybe, just maybe :whistle:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P16qcwWMkMc
  • Options
    Surprising it goes so fast...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJfZNK0XqU
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Sounds about right!