The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    Bar is closed for me. Sorry, no drinks on me. Bears really know how to shit da bed like none other. Time to listen to some Slayer and feel better
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,602
    rr165892 said:

callen said:

muskydan said:

First day off for me in 2 weeks yesterday. And wouldn't you know it, I shot my first Turkey ever yesterday, and no...not a "peaceful Protester"..an actual Gobbler in Wisconsin. So now I will be able to have a proper Thanksgiving tonight after I get back from Bears game. Things ain't so bad sometimes...Going on last Musky fishing trip tomor too. Bear Down all, drink are on me w/ a Big Bear victory today.

Why don't you keep your rhetoric off this thread?
    Weak Cal.Dans post was fine.
    Other then the bears suck that is.
    rr165892 said:

brianlux said:

I think this place needs to be closed for repairs.

It's still all chill bri.All flavors,colors,and styles are welcome in the lounge.No?
    Heck yeah, rr, the Lounge should be open to everyone. But snide remarks about "peaceful Protester" and telling us about killing wild animals? I happen to like the wild turkeys that forage through here once in a while. I've even been able to hand feed a few of them off my porch. I don't want to hear about them being shot. Not here. That kind of talk is not cool here. Start a hunting thread or something somewhere else, please.

Look guys, I don't make the rules. I created the lounge as a place to get along. There are an infinite number of other threads where we can argue or duke it out or whatever but I say either no fighting in the bar or close it down.

Moving on...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited December 2015
    Revised.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    WHAT A GREAT DAY !
    Cheers Everybody!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmootmr1zME
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    That made me smile.

What a beautiful light that shines on our literal connection with these creatures.
    Kat said:
    Haha! Falling over with laughter! Love them Orangy Tangs! :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Had the honor of hanging out in gorilla exhibit for a day few weeks ago. Primates are so human like...... no...rather we are so primate like.

Great show on Net Flix by Nat Geo called Monkey Thieves. Follows troop of Macaques living among humans. The juveniles are so much fun. Riding on backs of dogs. Dive bombing each other in pools. Great insight as to why humans do the things we do.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen said:

Had the honor of hanging out in gorilla exhibit for a day few weeks ago. Primates are so human like...... no...rather we are so primate like.

Great show on Net Flix by Nat Geo called Monkey Thieves. Follows troop of Macaques living among humans. The juveniles are so much fun. Riding on backs of dogs. Dive bombing each other in pools. Great insight as to why humans do the things we do.

Fascinating, Callen. Sounds like a great experience!

Anyone recommend a fine wine to go along w/ the turkey I harvested last week? Not a big wine guy, but wanted to surprise my girl who is preparing it and loves wine. Also, heading to New Orleans for a long weekend, anyone recommend a few local spots for food and music? Been to Acme numerous of times and want to avoid Bourbon as much as possible…staying in French Quarter.
    Dan, always hit Red Fish Grill for fresh oysters. Other items great as well. Normally find spot at the bar and enjoy.

Would like to hear comparison of wild and farm raised turkey's. Would think wild has more flavor.
    callen said:

Dan, always hit Red Fish Grill for fresh oysters. Other items great as well. Normally find spot at the bar and enjoy.

Would like to hear comparison of wild and farm raised turkey's. Would think wild has more flavor.

Will do, I was thinking the same thing. I have never had Wild Turkey before, well the type you eat…lol ….so we shall see. Thanks for tip on NO. I need to get the hell out of this city and NO is exactly what I need.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    muskydan said:

callen said:

Will do, I was thinking the same thing. I have never had Wild Turkey before, well the type you eat…lol ….so we shall see. Thanks for tip on NO. I need to get the hell out of this city and NO is exactly what I need.
    As a dark meat lover, I think wild turkey is great. It is definitely more flavorful than the farm raised, bloated, huge breasted factory turkeys we regularly eat.

You can go with a red or a white for the wild turkey. I'd probably stick to a Viognier or Sauvignon Blanc if I went with a white wine. I'm more of a red drinker and a PInot Noir would be perfect with the wild bird.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    Cheers, Dan-O and my fellow passengers.

Been an oh-so-nice day thus far. This woman is happy, at peace, and in the throes of some of the best music ever, volume turned up.

(juvenile me :giggle: 'd at jeff's mention of bloated huge breasts)
    And swooning like a school-girl here over this.

Damned nurse. Stop loving me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_koXmXSa8I

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    hedonist said:

Cheers, Dan-O and my fellow passengers.

Been an oh-so-nice day thus far. This woman is happy, at peace, and in the throes of some of the best music ever, volume turned up.

(juvenile me :giggle: 'd at jeff's mention of bloated huge breasts)

LOL, I noticed that while I was typing, but let it fly! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    edited December 2015
    For rr....and Ani :peace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-qSATlrlMA

*edit - I could've gone the Redneck Paradise route but chose not to.
    Post edited by hedonist on
    Nothing's loaded there, gambo.
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Hedonist, :hug:
    ELITIST FUK
    I'm gonna start calling you RB =)
    This is my Godsdaughters (12) favourite new upcoming band ! (with a guest singer on the right side). So cute... and they did a really cool Roxanne cover ! We saw them at a Hippie Festival this summer and they are all in their early 20s. The singer has a special cool voice!
    It's just fun!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI4ssGtfdxw
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Nice Hedo!
    This chick is smiling HUGE this evening, for many reasons.

Among them, my brother-in-law finally found a solid kidney match.

Transplant tomorrow!!
    hedonist said:

Transplant tomorrow!!

Awesome! Best wishes to you bro-in-law, Hedo!

Thank you, B.

What a wild ride this life is, huh?
    hedonist said:

Transplant tomorrow!!

What great news Hedo! I really hope everything is going good ! Best wishes and Good Luck ! What a wonderful world !

One year ago my sons best friend survived a really bad accident... what a gift to get a second chance ! :)
    kce, I remember well your speaking about that accident.

Talk about second chances...and starting anew.

This is turned up here right now.

Sing loud, 'cause you're still alive.

Just sing LOUD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5OcX2gu00I
    hedonist said:

kce, I remember well your speaking about that accident.

Talk about second chances...and starting anew.

This is turned up here right now.

Sing loud, 'cause you're still alive.

Just sing LOUD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5OcX2gu00I

Thank You so much for that Hedonist!

I already know this will be needed several times the next weeks...
    and I just wish this could also help to fix a broken heart...