The Train's Lounge Car

Comments

• kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    rgambs said:

Hope everyone had a nice night! It was my 30th birthday and we had a nice evening playing guitar, getting the buzz on, and eating delicious foods. Hopefully 2016 will bring much happiness to the fine folks who hail hail the greatest band in the world!

Hey Happy belated 30th Birthday :joy: and Happy New Year to you and your little family!

Happy New Year to all you Loungers!!! :peace:
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,604
    Sunday nights are much the same. Well into the evening, the house is quiet and the night train crawls through town, click...clack. The night conductor checks his watch, quietly makes his way down the isle, steps out onto the platform for a quick smoke in the chill night air. In the distance, all the lights turn green and red. Solitude.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Gambsy,happy birthday dude.The 30s are a special time.I know I had a blast with my family.But dude what until you get to your 40s.Thats where the fun is.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rr165892 said:

Gambsy,happy birthday dude.The 30s are a special time.I know I had a blast with my family.But dude what until you get to your 40s.Thats where the fun is.

Thanks! I am looking forward to this decade, I get to teach my boy how to live...if that isn't exciting, I don't know what is!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Happy Birthday Mr. G!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

^^^ Nice!

It's a Quicksilver kind of night around here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv2e3pmfF0k

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Backatcha, B.

And.........shoot me now, as I revel.

(all caps, too ;) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU7dodjSOcY
    ^^^ such a great voice! But the electrical tape on the finger picks- that would drive me buggy!

David Bowie, gone. I can't believe it. I hope a drink is not out of order. :frowning:

A true artist. He will be missed greatly!
    First words from my sweetheart this morning - "did you hear?" And then, "ashes to ashes".

I think my favorite is what I've posted more than a few times, Heroes from Bridge School, with his angelic sidekick.
    He was a legend and inspiration in so many ways, a man who truly dared to be himself...
    ^^^ Indeed. Van the Man.

You get it, B.

And whenever my time is up, I want to sail into the mystic :)
    hedonist said:

You get it, B.

And whenever my time is up, I want to sail into the mystic :)

:plus_one:

Dignin, I went that route last night myself. Was wonderful :)
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    hedonist said:

For me I wanted to celebrate the mans life.....and it was fun to do it with a smile.
    dignin said:

hedonist said:

For me I wanted to celebrate the mans life.....and it was fun to do it with a smile.
    Well done and said, both of you!

Good Friday evening to you lot!

Ending this week on a high note and with a smile.
    ^^^ 'ev'ning Hedo!

Feeling pretty good here and looking forward to some more rain!

Cheers, guvnah!

Been getting some amazing winter sunrises here lately - you too? And bring on the rain!

My goodness, Annie is just beauty (as I'm sure your feline version is too ;) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EACQP4HlBI
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Wonderful Hedo... she is just an outstanding woman and singer!

Thank you for that ... haven't heard that this special version until now.
    Right after that the video of Annie and David Bowie started, doing this wonderful tribute to Freddie Mercury with Queen in 1992. Unforgettable ... hope they would do something like that for Bowie...
    Annie Lennox- pretty cool! You know what's weird though is I can't find any links to any songs from The Tourists' "Luminous Basement".

kce, I could totally hear Bowie covering the song I posted. Gorgeous voices, similar in ways.

B, I searched that out and could only find them covering I Only Want to be with You. I swear Shaun Cassidy or Leif Garrett covered that in the 70s too =)
    Fine, I have no fucking idea what Keith says at the beginning of this but such an unexpected cover!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgJ4I_kYx0E
  • hedonist said:

Fine, I have no fucking idea what Keith says at the beginning of this but such an unexpected cover!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgJ4I_kYx0E

I always thought it interesting how I can clearly understand him when he sings, but when he talks it's mush.