https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30BlueyXoyg
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    hedonist said:

Well hello, you trifecta of badassness.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2kGNdE0b5Q

Great find Hedo, I really enjoyed that.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    kce8 said:
    Who's got too much red wine, you or Ed??

Thanks for the video. That's a fascinating one, seeing everyone mellow and almost completely static except Mike zooming around like a demented bee.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    edited November 2015
    You are very welcome, musky. Took me by the sweetest surprise.

Love Mike as the demented bee, often.

Just dug big-time on Paul Simon & my beloved George doing Homeward Bound on SNL, now Here Comes the Sun. So pretty.

Music, I think more than anything, has been my saving grace, my exhale. May it always be so.

(when it doesn't? take me out)
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636

kce8 said:
    Who's got too much red wine, you or Ed??

Thanks for the video. That's a fascinating one, seeing everyone mellow and almost completely static except Mike zooming around like a demented bee.
    Ha yeah usually it's Ed's part but it was def me who got too much red vine last night... :blush:
    Don't know exactly what it is but this video is pain and joy at the same time...
    I love it so deeply...

...and that's one example of what hedonist mentioned above about what Music can be for our souls...
    and as always she found the right words... I feel the same...

And I love how Eddie is checking if Mike is ok after he got lost in playing this incredible song...
  • rr165892rr165892 Posts: 5,697
    Dan-O stay safe pal.
    Hedo great find.
    rr, I've listened to/watched that several times since finding it. Makes me happy.

I hope the evening is going well for you in Jupiter.

(and that kce has been sleeping well :) )

Short-ish workday tomorrow, dispensary visit for some good shit, then FOUR DAYS OF BLISS.

I'm so looking forward to this.
    Hope everyone has a nice big break coming.Happy holiday wishes to all of you.

Dan-O, you weren't kidding.Shit storm about to erupt in your backyard.Ill be very surprised if you don't end up with some kind of a protection detail for Sharpton or Jackson.Heres hoping you don't have a Ferguson type thing to deal with.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,603
    rr165892 said:

Dan-O, you weren't kidding.Shit storm about to erupt in your backyard.Ill be very surprised if you don't end up with some kind of a protection detail for Sharpton or Jackson.Heres hoping you don't have a Ferguson type thing to deal with.

Thanks, rr.. Going to enjoy tomorrow off, for sure! Have a great time everyone!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Thank you Hedonist... had the best sleep since weeks last night :smiley::smiley:
    Had some confusing chaotic stuff happening the last weeks but everything is on the right way now... :lightbulb:

Hope you all will have a free and wonderful day tomorrow!
    Instead of Thanksgiving I'll be at a friends Birthday Party so this will be fun too!
    Enjoy the day everybody!
    Smell the sea and feel the sky :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZE9gOzFxwg
    edited November 2015
    *edit - actually, never mind...and go, Lenny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb17JNnjXS4
    Post edited by hedonist on
    ^^^ ooohhh gooood times..... :heart:
  • muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    rr165892 said:

Wait till you see what these shitbirds have in store for tomorrow on Chicago's Mag Mile rr. I have worked 15 hour days the past 3 days. Tomorrow provides a perfect storm for all who enjoy civil unrest. I just turned on CNN and saw one of the fights I was in w/ my team. The Black Lives Matter element tried to gain control of a police bike, well it didn't turn out too well for them "Peaceful Protesters" . Lets just say many of them probably were not able to use knife or fork to eat their Thanksgiving dinner w/ their loving family. Anyhow, time for me to throw my Thanksgiving TV dinner in the microwave, crack a beer and get some rest for the BIG SHOW tomorrow. I hope all had a great Thanksgiving w/ their families.

And Hedo, you sure a nailing it w/ some of your music clips lately….Love me some old school Lenny
    I'd like to propose that we leave the Lounge Car open all day tomorrow for free drinks. That way we can leave the riot gear outside the lounge door, avoid all that crazy shopaholic buying madness and just have a good time here and chill.

To kick things off, here's some delicious madness of another sort altogether! :smiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGDtxuvfWKA
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

muskydan said:

rr165892 said:

Wait till you see what these shitbirds have in store for tomorrow on Chicago's Mag Mile rr. I have worked 15 hour days the past 3 days. Tomorrow provides a perfect storm for all who enjoy civil unrest. I just turned on CNN and saw one of the fights I was in w/ my team. The Black Lives Matter element tried to gain control of a police bike, well it didn't turn out too well for them "Peaceful Protesters" . Lets just say many of them probably were not able to use knife or fork to eat their Thanksgiving dinner w/ their loving family. Anyhow, time for me to throw my Thanksgiving TV dinner in the microwave, crack a beer and get some rest for the BIG SHOW tomorrow. I hope all had a great Thanksgiving w/ their families.

And Hedo, you sure a nailing it w/ some of your music clips lately….Love me some old school Lenny
    Stay safe.
    We will grab some popcorn and see what unfolds today on CNN
    Dan-0 right on target.Just heard the story of protesters blocking stores and harassing shoppers in Miracle Mile district.And how lucky Jesse is leading the charge.
    edited November 2015
    Musky, it is my pleasure to share my pleasure in music. When it hits, resonates, it just does.

Another blessing in this precious life. Moreso to acknowledge it.

Please keep safe - you, and your brothers & sisters.
    Jimi'd be a happy motherfucker with this, methinks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPAjf2B3oR0
    hedonist said:

Jimi'd be a happy motherfucker with this, methinks.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPAjf2B3oR0

^^^ Oh yeahhh!

Chapin meets Matis Yahu?

Really like this guy. Nice voice, honesty. Can overlook the hipsterness when eyes are closed and listening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59iFRDlXMpE
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    So the lounge car has been spoiled by racism. Yee fkn haw.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen said:

So the lounge car has been spoiled by racism. Yee fkn haw.

Yeah, I always very much hoped we could avoid confrontational, controversial, argumentative, challenging, religious, etc. posts here. The train is loaded with that stuff. The idea here was just to chill and relax and get along.

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Yeah bummed me out.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • This is a nice light song that is devoid of all thought.
    Makes me smile
    No era, no drama, no message.
    Just plain music for the hell of it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAYhQsQhSY

This is a nice light song that is devoid of all thought.
    Makes me smile
    No era, no drama, no message.
    Just plain music for the hell of it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAYhQsQhSY

Just another one we can't see in Germany... :angry:
    Tossing in the racism card seems kind of harsh to me.

This is B's domain, so for whatever bit it's worth, will say I'm all for this being a chill little pocket of calm amid the storms of these fucking times, and seems it has been over what, 130+ pages, with maybe a handful that could be interpreted as otherwise.

Plus there've been many a song shared with a political or social construct to it. No bueno no more?

As to rr, my brother from another mother :)
    ^^^ It really is very much mostly all good here, Hedo. And it's all our domain ¡Mi cantina es su cantina!

I was gonna try and reply in French (my only other somewhat-fluent language aside from English) but it's been too long since I've written it vs spoken, plus the spell-check thing fucked with me.

Cheers, B.
    hedonist said:

I was gonna try and reply in French (my only other somewhat-fluent language aside from English) but it's been too long since I've written it vs spoken, plus the spell-check thing fucked with me.

Cheers, B.

Haha- reminds me of a "dumb" joke I saw somewhere recently about a kid in French class who asks to go to the bathroom and the teacher answers, "Oui, oui" and the kid says, "No, poop, poop." :smiley: