P90x

1151617181921»

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    20 pages in this thread & im pretty sure im not going to stroll through every single post/page. someone wanna give up a link on what this is all about?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    chadwick said:

20 pages in this thread & im pretty sure im not going to stroll through every single post/page. someone wanna give up a link on what this is all about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P90X

it's a workout program. Probably one of the best ones out there...IMHO.
    Many of people quit within the first week-you have to be really dedicated to the program for it to work.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    thank you. i'll youtube it or something to get a look at someone doing it. im very much sold on my swimming. my terrible knees will not do a lot of things i'd like to do. im not jumping around or squating around or whatever doing squat thrusts & lunges... nope i sure aint.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    chadwick said:

thank you. i'll youtube it or something to get a look at someone doing it. im very much sold on my swimming. my terrible knees will not do a lot of things i'd like to do. im not jumping around or squating around or whatever doing squat thrusts & lunges... nope i sure aint.

you may not want to do the Plyometrics part of this program...lots of jumpung and squatting. Though I think the Yoga part would be great for you.

The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    RKCNDY said:

mca47 said:

I'm going to wait for summer to do another round. I wonder if the new p90x3 is any good.

I was wondering the same thing...or Tony is running out of money image

Joined a gym (Mr. RK gets a $500 allowance for some 'wellness program' from work) the trainer had me doing most of the same stuff from P90x with the resistance bands. Some stuff he showed me was cool, but I haven't been back since I twisted my ankle.

I'll go back on Monday-I promise.
    Yeah, I joined a local gym last summer. I went a lot during the summer as it's so friggen hot to do anything outside. I don't go as much now as I like to run in the beautiful weather while I can.
    I haven't read up much on p90x3. I do know it's shorter workouts....like 30 mins or so but more intense.
    RKCNDY said:

chadwick said:

you may not want to do the Plyometrics part of this program...lots of jumpung and squatting. Though I think the Yoga part would be great for you.

thank you. i'll look into some good old yoga.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

It's an awesome program! It is a bit intense and it does focus on the entire body....so if you have bad knees, it might not be the best program for you. I'm a runner...can go out and run 10 miles without breaking a sweat. After some of the p90x workouts, I could barely move the next day. image
    edited January 2014
    mca47 said:

chadwick said:

It's an awesome program! It is a bit intense and it does focus on the entire body....so if you have bad knees, it might not be the best program for you. I'm a runner...can go out and run 10 miles without breaking a sweat. After some of the p90x workouts, I could barely move the next day. image
    if you can run 10 miles no sweat & if you can swim & do pull ups you might should be a navy seal, yes/no? if i could run 10 miles no sweat plus i swim like a fish... forget about it
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

mca47 said:

chadwick said:

if you can run 10 miles no sweat & if you can swim & do pull ups you might should be a navy seal, yes/no? if i could run 10 miles no sweat plus i swim like a fish... forget about it
    Just like to stay fit/healthy.
    We should do a three-man triathlon. I'll run, you can swim....who shall bike?
    edited January 2014
    mca47 said:

chadwick said:

mca47 said:

chadwick said:

Just like to stay fit/healthy.
    We should do a three-man triathlon. I'll run, you can swim....who shall bike?
    funny you mention this. a lady who works where i swim just the other day suggested we do this. she'll run, i'll swim & whoever would bike. i get 28 minutes to swim 1/2 a mile. which is right around where i am at.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • i did p90x a couple of years ago and it is a great workout program.

i just got one of these in the mail and can't wait to try it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jby0I-zLj9c

;)
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."