Options

Disney Vacations

Comments

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    its only worth driving if you are planning to see a site or 3 on the way down. the restaurant bill alone for your family for 3 days make it not worth it.
    pack cooler fulla picnic foods. good to go.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    We're not going to Disney but might drive to Florida to our timeshare

I've never driven to Florida...let alone with a 2 1/2 yr old

Airfare is crazy right now plus we would need a rental car once we go there

Right now its probably close to $1,000 for 3 and rental car would be around $300 for the week

:think:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    We just booked a trip for our family of 6 to fly to Disneyland in Cali! We are pretty excited! We haven't told the kids they get to spend 7 days with Mickey yet. Figure we will tell them closer to the date. The deal we got to go in May was amazing. Mr. Guitar and I though about dropping a load of cash to see EV in Vegas in May, but did not get 10C tickets, now we will take the kids on a trip instead. :)
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    We're not going to Disney but might drive to Florida to our timeshare

I've never driven to Florida...let alone with a 2 1/2 yr old

Airfare is crazy right now plus we would need a rental car once we go there

Right now its probably close to $1,000 for 3 and rental car would be around $300 for the week

:think:

Don't forget about fuel costs for driving there and a hotel room unless you plan on driving through.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Ended up getting round trip flights from BDL to Orlando for just under 200 a ticket and extended our trip from 7 to 10 days. Two months to go.
  • Options
    Flying out today. Hope my two year old Daughter doesn't make a scene on the airplane.
  • Options
    Go To Fire 43Go To Fire 43 Posts: 449
    Have a great trip. Your family is going to have a lot of fun. Enjoy creating your memories.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Safe travels ...

Disney is the best! :D
  • Options
    19 more working days...
    Till I put my Mickey Mouse Ears on!!!!!!

WOO HOOO!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    19 more working days...

WOO HOOO!!!!!!
    nice. Hollywood Studio's was awesome. They have an entire star wars section with this 3D ride called star tours. You can go on this ride 10 times and get a different experience each time.
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    19 more working days...

WOO HOOO!!!!!!
    nice. Hollywood Studio's was awesome. They have an entire star wars section with this 3D ride called star tours. You can go on this ride 10 times and get a different experience each time.
    Im looking forward to acting like a kid for a week.....
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,106
    Got a little over a month until I'm going to Disney. Going with my wife, my sister, my brother-in-law, and my 3 year old twin nieces. We decided to drive. It's about an 8 hour drive from Columbia. We drove a few years ago and it was a nice and easy drive. I'm not sure my sister will agree after it's all said and done. The nieces are in a phase where they talk incessantly. My sister is going to buy them the Leappad things to try and keep them occupied.
  • Options
    Got a little over a month until I'm going to Disney. Going with my wife, my sister, my brother-in-law, and my 3 year old twin nieces. We decided to drive. It's about an 8 hour drive from Columbia. We drove a few years ago and it was a nice and easy drive. I'm not sure my sister will agree after it's all said and done. The nieces are in a phase where they talk incessantly. My sister is going to buy them the Leappad things to try and keep them occupied.
    I love running around the parks all day...

THEN...

Being able to kick back at Epcot, in the evening, enjoy a wonderful meal, and watch the fireworks...

THEN....

Go get some sleep, cuz we will RUN AROUND all day, the following day......

hehehehehe
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I would love to go back someday, never too old for Disney...

Enjoy! :D
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,106
    I love running around the parks all day...

THEN...

Being able to kick back at Epcot, in the evening, enjoy a wonderful meal, and watch the fireworks...

THEN....

Go get some sleep, cuz we will RUN AROUND all day, the following day......

hehehehehe
    Definitely :D

Gotta try the Yachtsman Steakhouse though. Excellent steak and very worth the price.

Can't wait to see the niece's reactions when they see one of the princesses for the first time.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    I would love to go back someday, never too old for Disney...

Enjoy! :D
    Im funny when it comes to Disney...
    As if I am on a mission....

Up at 7
    Quick coffee/bagel
    Off to Magic Kingdom? Epcot? Hollywood Studios?
    Get there when doors open...
    Hit all Busy/Major attractions 1st...
    Hit as many attractions/rides/shows as possible...
    Nice lunch at whatever park we are at
    Back to hotel around 1-2:00 for a couple hours of pool time...
    Take a 1-2 hour nap...
    Off to Epcot (Spend every night at Epcot)
    Nice dinner and Fireworks...
    Back to Hotel, take a couple aspirin, get some sleep...

Do it all over again....hehehehehehehe

I have Disney down to a science.....hehehehehehehe
  • Options

Gotta try the Yachtsman Steakhouse though. Excellent steak and very worth the price.

Can't wait to see the niece's reactions when they see one of the princesses for the first time.
    There is/was a waiter at the Yachtsman, who knows my entire family (mom, dad, sisters, nieces) on a 1st name basis. hehehehehehe

One of the BEST meals you will EVER have...ANYWHERE!!!!!

We used to stay at the Yacht and Beach Club...

Now? I stay at a value resort...hehehehehehehehehehe
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

There is/was a waiter at the Yachtsman, who knows my entire family (mom, dad, sisters, nieces) on a 1st name basis. hehehehehehe

One of the BEST meals you will EVER have...ANYWHERE!!!!!

We used to stay at the Yacht and Beach Club...

Now? I stay at a value resort...hehehehehehehehehehe
    Art of Animation,Lion King suite from Dec 12-19th. Can't wait to see the nephews face when he finds out hrs before that he's going.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Art of Animation,Lion King suite from Dec 12-19th. Can't wait to see the nephews face when he finds out hrs before that he's going.
    Good Lord!!!

That place looks AWESOME!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Good Lord!!!

Yeah it does,I can't wait :D The free disney dinning plan deal is just to good to pass up.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Good Lord!!!

Yeah it does,I can't wait :D The free disney dinning plan deal is just to good to pass up.
    Had we booked at the end of Sept-Early Oct. we would have gotten the free dining...
    But we booked the 2nd week of Sept...So we are paying...but thats ok....

You are going to LOVE the free dining at Epcot...
    Great Meals
  • Options
    This is our 2nd time going in 14 months. We had the free dinning plan that time as well. You have to go to Wispering canyons at the Wilderness lodge. The atmosphere is worth it alone, and the Country platter which is endless dosen't hurt. The new Resturant in Magic Kingdom goes on sale tomorrow morning(Be our guest) as well. If u like an all u can eat buffet,then cape may cafe and its crab legs rock. Do u really only eat dinner at Epcot? If so ur missing out big time.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    That sucks that the Test Track will be clised when your there. But being there during the food and wine fest would rock.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    This is our 2nd time going in 14 months. We had the free dinning plan that time as well. You have to go to Wispering canyons at the Wilderness lodge. The atmosphere is worth it alone, and the Country platter which is endless dosen't hurt. The new Resturant in Magic Kingdom goes on sale tomorrow morning(Be our guest) as well. If u like an all u can eat buffet,then cape may cafe and its crab legs rock. Do u really only eat dinner at Epcot? If so ur missing out big time.

We have done Din-Din at The Contemporary, The Boardwalk, The Grand Floridian, Hollywood Studios (The Brown Derby)

Have ya ever done the French Cuisine in Epcot? Outstanding! My family racked up a $700-$800 Dinner/bar bill there one night....hehehehehehehehe

Actually if I remember corectly, it was more like $1000.00

Good Times!!!
  • Options
    That sucks that the Test Track will be clised when your there. But being there during the food and wine fest would rock.
    Have ya ever done Cape May for the Character breakfast?
    My nieces went freaking nuts!!!!!

Plus its a DAMN GOOD Breakfast....
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Disney's just awesome. I can't wait to go back actually.
  • Options

We have done Din-Din at The Contemporary, The Boardwalk, The Grand Floridian, Hollywood Studios (The Brown Derby)

Have ya ever done the French Cuisine in Epcot? Outstanding! My family racked up a $700-$800 Dinner/bar bill there one night....hehehehehehehehe

Actually if I remember corectly, it was more like $1000.00

Good Times!!!
    We've ate at le chefs da france. And a few other places there over time. Down town disney has some great places to eat as well. Wolf gang pucks is always a favorite of our's. That's quite a bill but with alot of people and alcohol kys the limit!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    We both just enjoy the whole Epcot dinner experience..

The Canadien Steakhouse
    The Mexican Joint with the boats going through it
    The Japanese Joint with the Chef putting on his show
    The Coral Reef for Seafood.....
    The German place rocks too!!!

Its a good time....

But without a doubt...
    The French place is the BEST!!!

At Epcot anyway...
  • Options
    Have ya ever done Cape May for the Character breakfast?
    My nieces went freaking nuts!!!!!

Plus its a DAMN GOOD Breakfast....
    Not for breakfast,dinner twice. Chef Mickeys at Contempory is by far the best place for a character breakfast. What's funny is i enjoy Disney more as an adult then when i was a kid.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    Were arriving the Dec 12th,we have the whole thing planned out already. Basing on extra magic hours is the way to do it imo. Have u ever gone to the Boardwalk and enjoyed ESPN's beer selection? If not it's deff worth the time and bill.
    Go Birds!!!!