Options

Disney Vacations

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,970
    What is the cost of that? 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,804
    Poncier said:
    Nice.
    Dole whips all around.

My wife got up this morning, turned on youtube, and watched a 20 minute video on all the new 2024 Disney cookies, cakes, candy, etc. She has already taken out her notebook and has a list going. 

We have 10 months before we go. hahahahaha
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    What is the cost of that? 
    Cost? Of entire trip for 2?
    What is it you want the cost of?

We got one of the Value Resorts..All Star Music
    5 days
    5 day park hopper
    Free dining plan

$2400.00
  • Options
    The Value Resorts are fine, although we prefer to stay at one of the moderate resorts, or the Swan and Dolphin. 
    But this time we decided to go cheap. 
    $2400 for all the parks for 5 days, hotel, and 2 meals a day, plus a snack each day, and all the coffee and soda we can drink is a pretty good price. 
    I've definitely spent more when booking Disney
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Poncier said:
    Nice.
    Dole whips all around.

My wife got up this morning, turned on youtube, and watched a 20 minute video on all the new 2024 Disney cookies, cakes, candy, etc. She has already taken out her notebook and has a list going. 

We have 10 months before we go. hahahahaha
    Ha, that's awesome.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The Value Resorts are fine, although we prefer to stay at one of the moderate resorts, or the Swan and Dolphin. 
    $2400 for all the parks for 5 days, hotel, and 2 meals a day, plus a snack each day, and all the coffee and soda we can drink is a pretty good price. 
    Yeah, just the 5-day park hopper tix will run you like $1,300.00 in September.
    So that means the other $1,100.00 covers 5 nights hotel, 10 meals each, and countless Dole Whips.
    The key is to have a couple nice dinners that would have been expensive if paid for on their own. Plenty of places to do that.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Yeah, just the 5-day park hopper tix will run you like $1,300.00 in September.
    So that means the other $1,100.00 covers 5 nights hotel, 10 meals each, and countless Dole Whips.
    The key is to have a couple nice dinners that would have been expensive if paid for on their own. Plenty of places to do that.
    And since I'm like Frankenstein now, and have all new "heart parts".....Lets hope I don't return from this trip and end up in surgery with someone taking a Sawzall to my chest....Like the last trip to Disney. 

• Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,459
    Anybody ever do a Disney cruise? Any advice would be appreciated.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited January 4
    My friends when to Disneyland with their two kids last month, and 5 days cost $12,000. Personally, having no kids, I feel like that would be MUCH better spend going to Europe or something, but hey, their kids loved it, and the parents had a pretty good time too, so who am I to judge? Still.... $12K for a 5 day vacation is a lot.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,552
    edited January 4
    I did. There's a cruise ship that has a water slide aqueduct tube ride in a clear transparent tube going around the boat try to get one of those bigger cruise ships or don't waste your money on Disney. 

Princess Cruise Line in the Mediterranean late summer 2019 was just as nice as ship/entertainment. Disney Cruise Line is however the only one that can do fireworks at sea for a half an hour evening production.

Also part of going to the Bahamas/BVI with Dcruise, was that we wanted to do the SNUBA outing. Even though I had booked in 2018 and got put off until 2022, I didn't have a good priority - excursion was full. I had to find an island operator to take me independently.

Read lots of Trip reviews for different companies.

I would spend my money on perfect summer European sailings or on a different Cruise Line any day of the week rather than pay extra to see the Characters a few times. 

When you see a really neat attraction you need to read the trip reviews to see how easy it is to actually get a spot when you're on the cruise ship.

The best part about Disney is that if you want an early dinner sitting and you don't get it/book early, they will whisk your kids away in the evening for you from the table.

I personally would intead of spending the extra cost just to get the Disney name: fly to Europe see pjam in Barcelona and pick a cruise from there for the same amount of money on another line.

There's also some cruises that time really well after the Melbourne show/port.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    I did. There's a cruise ship that has a water slide aqueduct tube ride in a clear transparent tube going around the boat try to get one of those bigger cruise ships or don't waste your money on Disney. 

Princess Cruise Line in the Mediterranean late summer 2019 was just as nice as ship/entertainment. Disney Cruise Line is however the only one that can do fireworks at sea for a half an hour evening production.

Also part of going to the Bahamas/BVI with Dcruise, was that we wanted to do the SNUBA outing. Even though I had booked in 2018 and got put off until 2022, I didn't have a good priority - excursion was full. I had to find an island operator to take me independently.

Read lots of Trip reviews for different companies.

I would spend my money on perfect summer European sailings or on a different Cruise Line any day of the week rather than pay extra to see the Characters a few times. 
    Ok, thanks.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,970
    PJ_Soul said:
    My friends when to Disneyland with their two kids last month, and 5 days cost $12,000. Personally, having no kids, I feel like that would be MUCH better spend going to Europe or something, but hey, their kids loved it, and the parents had a pretty good time too, so who am I to judge? Still.... $12K for a 5 day vacation is a lot.
    It sure is...last time we went to Universal Studios in Orlando the tickets cost me $1,100 for the six of us for ONE DAY! I did buy express passes online but it turns out that I didn't really need to. We were all coastered out by 3pm or so and left. 

The best Orlando trip we ever made was when we rented a house in Kissimmee that had a pool. We ended up visiting the parks maybe 3 of the days we were there and chilled at the pool on off days. It was great.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    ^ I hope that helps I added a couple edits that you didn't quote so make sure to read the end of the post if you haven't already have fun. I just feel that the extra Disney brand expense could be spent buffing up a vacation with flights to a better port/destination on a different cruise line
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    ^ I hope that helps I added a couple edits that you didn't quote so make sure to read the end of the post if you haven't already have fun. I just feel that the extra Disney brand expense could be spent buffing up a vacation with flights to a better port/destination on a different cruise line
    Got it. I'm trying to do this instead of my son's request to go to WDW for the 3rd time in 4 years (definitely getting tired of it) and work it in with something fun, maybe seeing our cousins in Abruzzo. (thus my username)

• Options
    I don't know how old yours is but the best part may be the unlimited free self serve soft ice cream no matter what ship you pick  :)
  • Options
    edited January 5
     ALL the ships are super fun!!!
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    I don't know how old yours is but the best part may be the unlimited free self serve soft ice cream no matter what ship you pick  :)
    After a week of it you could go from Spunkie to Chunkie. 
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    That could be nightmarish...

They would be teens by the team we got on a boat.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,556
    edited January 5

My sister and niece did it... My niece had fun, but my sister said it was like hell on Earth, LOL. She isn't a big fan of a ship full of other people's screaming kids. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited January 6
    Poncier said:
    Spunkie said:
    After a week of it you could go from Spunkie to Chunkie. 
    This gave me a good laugh. Thank you. (I took the stairs to counterbalance!)

I love sitting for dinner on a cruise ship, it's like an event. I finally understand how bread and butter can be a course in itself. The only sad part is when they come and comb away all the crumbs you make before dessert. That's pretty embarrassing! (I was even minding my damn manners 😒.) Crumbs, oh crumbs!

Disney has a dining room where you color a picture before appetizers at the end of dinner they show it in animation ♥️. They have excellent attention to detail, even their little bread knives are cute. The service on a cruise is so great that when I got on the airplane to go home after, I was rudely reawakened to reality. Perhaps, too, you would enjoy a traveling, floating hotel with the food price built in, which seems heftier in Europe.

And the screaming kids mean they're having fun!!! 

Johnny from Italy (hmmm curious combo...), when you do a cruise in Europe it is such a fabulous way to visit so many countries! Every day when you wake and open the curtains, it's like a new gift! 

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    I’m headed home today spent 4 days at my time share this time we stayed at Animal Kingdom lodge the time share units are in the Kanadi village! I had my 85 year old dad with me no parks no rides just sat by pool enjoyed being with him.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Buying the time share might be one of our best purchases! We’ve been able to exchange to all different destinations through out the states! 
  • Options
    I'm really happy you had that time with your daddy, J!
  • Options
    Spunkie said:
    I'm really happy you had that time with your daddy, J!
    Yeah I have to take advantage of any time I can get to spend together with him! Thanks 
  • Options
    I’m from Philly.  I just have cousins in Italy. 

• Options
    Ya ^ I got that. You're wrecking the fantasy of typical italians  🤣. Hope you have a great time with your family whatever you end up doing! Just not wdw x4 !!
  • Options
    Man those TripAdvisor reviews are rough. Everything about cruises that I’m afraid of… Plus some of the bad stuff about Disney.