Options

Disney Vacations

Comments

• Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,818
    Disney trip was a great time. We enjoyed Port Orleans Resort and would stay there again.
    We may go again in October. 

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    Nice
    Glad you enjoyed, Hopefully the mouse left a few coins in your pocket.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,691
    I'm glad u liked the vacay n upgrade, Speedy. We enjoyed Disney's Castaway Cay private island, too!

• Options
    Well, looks like we will be making our annual trip to The House of the Mouse at the end of April. 
    DOLE WHIPS!!!!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    We got invited to Club 33 at Disneyland last weekend.  Very snazzy private club in New Orleans Square.

Walt took me for almost $800 when you figure-in park admission, the Club 33 meal, parking and snacks for the two of us.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    We got invited to Club 33 at Disneyland last weekend.  Very snazzy private club in New Orleans Square.

Walt took me for almost $800 when you figure-in park admission, the Club 33 meal, parking and snacks for the two of us.

Well, I have to ask. 
    How was the meal? And what did you have? 
  • Options
    $800 for a meal at Disneyland. Sounds about right these days Joe. 
    Speedy will spend $800 on Dole Whips ad Mickey pretzels alone in April.

Enjoy the trip Speedy.

We're probably heading to the Anaheim House of Mouse in August coupling it with a visit to the new Super Nintendo World at Universal Hollywood that my son the Mario Kart freak has been anticipating for a few years now.
  • Options
    Poncier said:

Enjoy the trip Speedy.

We're probably heading to the Anaheim House of Mouse in August coupling it with a visit to the new Super Nintendo World at Universal Hollywood that my son the Mario Kart freak has been anticipating for a few years now.
    No Pretzels for me. 
    Its all about the Mickey Ice Cream Bars and Dole Whips. 
    Actually its my bride who cant go 2-3 hours without a Dole Whip. 

How ya been? 
  • Options
    I've been good.
    Status quo.
    How's things with you?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    I've been good.
    Status quo.
    How's things with you?
    Well, lets just say I was happy to put 2022 behind me. The absolute, without a question, WORST YEAR of my life. 
    But I guess all I can do is move forward, think positive, and look forward to a Dole Whip. 

• Options
    Poncier said:
    I've been good.
    Status quo.
    How's things with you?
    Well, lets just say I was happy to put 2022 behind me. The absolute, without a question, WORST YEAR of my life. 
    But I guess all I can do is move forward, think positive, and look forward to a Dole Whip. 

Yeah I recall your year started off on the absolutely wrong foot. Hope things have improved.

Your Bears have the #1 overall pick in the draft, so things are looking up. What could possibly go wrong there?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    I've been good.
    Status quo.
    How's things with you?

Yeah I recall your year started off on the absolutely wrong foot. Hope things have improved.

Your Bears have the #1 overall pick in the draft, so things are looking up. What could possibly go wrong there?
    Hahahahaha!!!
    The Bears will completely fuck up that whole situation. You know it, I know it, and everyone who has ever watched a football game knows it. 

• Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Well, I have to ask. 
    How was the meal? And what did you have? 
    The 4-course meal was $130.....tortellini, french onion soup, NY steak and various desserts.  The meal was pretty good.  They sell club-specific merch so I bought a wine glass for $35.
  • Options
    Airfare booked
    Exit seats on both flights (Bonus)
    Hotel Booked, staying at the Swan and Dolphin (LOVE THE LOCATION)

Next will be all our dinner reservations. 
  • Options
    Not only has the airlines changed my flight times, but they actually changed my airport!!

Its all good though, guess I am flying out of Midway and not Ohare. 

7 more weeks until I am in dole whip heaven. 
  • Options
    Wow. Changing the airport is a bold move.
    For some folks that could be a very difficult change.

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    Poncier said:

Enjoy the trip Speedy.

Sadly, this is why my kids will probably never know what Disneyland/world is like.
    I grew up about 50 minutes from Disneyland ad we would go 1-2 times a year, so it makes me a little sad. But they've priced the average family out.
    Obviously club33 is not going to be part of the plan. But last time we went it was  about 5 years ago and cost over $800 for 3 tickets (including 1 kid who was about 3 at the time), parking and food for the day. Lines were so long we barely got to do anything.
    I don't blame them though, if I could charge that and sell out every day, I would too. 
  • Options
    Yeah the pricing has become awful, especially if you do a day trip like you did. They structure it to try and get families to commit to a full vacation there with sliding scale average daily admissions when you do more days.
    It took me a while to convince my wife of how the corporate running of Disney has changed them to a being all about profit, but she sees it now, yet we continue to go annually. I get outvoted 2-1 even though I fot the bill for the damn place.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    mace1229 said:
    Poncier said:

Enjoy the trip Speedy.

Sadly, this is why my kids will probably never know what Disneyland/world is like.
    I grew up about 50 minutes from Disneyland ad we would go 1-2 times a year, so it makes me a little sad. But they've priced the average family out.
    Obviously club33 is not going to be part of the plan. But last time we went it was  about 5 years ago and cost over $800 for 3 tickets (including 1 kid who was about 3 at the time), parking and food for the day. Lines were so long we barely got to do anything.
    I don't blame them though, if I could charge that and sell out every day, I would too. 
    Not sure where you are located but Kings Island in Cincinnati is just as exciting as Disney and no where near the cost.

I cannot fathom how people travel to Orlando to visit an amusement park. I speak from experience as we did it several times.

The last time I went we spent $1100 on Universal Studios tix and fast passes and ended up leaving at 2pm because we were all sore from riding the rides. Ridiculous.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,997
    I have been to Disneyland once, and Disney World twice. But it has been so long that last time I was there you still needed an E ticket for Space Mountain :)
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Poncier said:

Enjoy the trip Speedy.

Not sure where you are located but Kings Island in Cincinnati is just as exciting as Disney and no where near the cost.

I cannot fathom how people travel to Orlando to visit an amusement park. I speak from experience as we did it several times.

The last time I went we spent $1100 on Universal Studios tix and fast passes and ended up leaving at 2pm because we were all sore from riding the rides. Ridiculous.
    Moved to east Tennessee over the summer. We got Dollywood season passes for all 4 of us for about $750. Kids loved it. Not as good as Disney, but for the price, I'll take it. 
    Food is much more reasonable there, and getting in and out of it is a breeze. Since we had passes we usually just ate fast food near by for lunch, stayed in the park from about 12-6, by then the kids were worn out anyway. Got some other food on the way home. If we stay late and get dinner, its about $50 for us to eat if we want to eat on a budget. 
  • Options
    Disneyland 1-day passes are out of control.....the most popular days now cost $179 for a one-park one-day pass.
  • Options
    It always turns in to a conversation about the money. Ha
    But I get it. Its not a cheap getaway.

We fly in Sunday and leave Saturday. That 1st day we do not get park tickets, instead we hang out at the pool and do a nice dinner at one of the hotels. We then purchase a 5 day park hopper ticket for both of us, that way we can hit any and every park when we want, at our convenience. The 5 day park hopper is about $700 each. The hotel price obviously depends on how fancy schmancy we want our trip to be. This time around we are staying at the Swan and Dolphin, and it ran me about $2200. Airfare was $475 plus I will have to pay for luggage. 

So let's see, I have dropped about $4550.00 and we haven't had one meal or one dole whip. Food easily runs us $150-$200 a day, again depending on if I am eating scallops or if I am eating a grilled chicken sandwich. Safe to say my wife and I will spend minimum $6000.00.

Oh well, we never complain.
    We have a blast and we will continue to enjoy Disney. 

• Options

We fly in Sunday and leave Saturday. That 1st day we do not get park tickets, instead we hang out at the pool and do a nice dinner at one of the hotels. We then purchase a 5 day park hopper ticket for both of us, that way we can hit any and every park when we want, at our convenience. The 5 day park hopper is about $700 each. The hotel price obviously depends on how fancy schmancy we want our trip to be. This time around we are staying at the Swan and Dolphin, and it ran me about $2200. Airfare was $475 plus I will have to pay for luggage. 

So let's see, I have dropped about $4550.00 and we haven't had one meal or one dole whip. Food easily runs us $150-$200 a day, again depending on if I am eating scallops or if I am eating a grilled chicken sandwich. Safe to say my wife and I will spend minimum $6000.00.

One of the best times we had in Orlando was when we rented a house with a pool for the week. We hit Disney/Univ maybe 2 or 3 visits and just screwed around at the pool, went out to eat, played games, etc. That was fun.

Of course that was in 2005 or something. Prices have really gone up since then.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

One of the best times we had in Orlando was when we rented a house with a pool for the week. We hit Disney/Univ maybe 2 or 3 visits and just screwed around at the pool, went out to eat, played games, etc. That was fun.

Of course that was in 2005 or something. Prices have really gone up since then.
    1971 Disney World ticket: $3.50
    2005 Disney World ticket: $59.75
    2023 Disney World ticket : $109 ($16 decrease from the year before)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,559
    JOEJOEJOE said:

I like the term "invited".  "You are invited to pay $800 to eat here.  You should be grateful."
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

I like the term "invited".  "You are invited to pay $800 to eat here.  You should be grateful."
    The club 33 meal was $340.   The rest was park admission, parking, lightning passes, etc.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

, lightning passes, 
    This is one thing that really grinds my gears (to quote the great philosopher Homer Simpson).
    They now charge you for what used to be free, "fast passes". It was what finally made my wife see the light and come over to my side of the Disney greed argument.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

, lightning passes, 
    This is one thing that really grinds my gears (to quote the great philosopher Homer Simpson).
    They now charge you for what used to be free, "fast passes". It was what finally made my wife see the light and come over to my side of the Disney greed argument.
    And it pisses me off that I have to wait in even longer lines now to let people who paid extra cut in front of me.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

, lightning passes, 
    yeah it's bullshit...I got screwed at Universal for that because when you buy online they dangle it in front of you because they "sell out quick" yet when we went we didn't really need them because it wasn't extremely busy. Too late to ask for refund then.