• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :| Bunch of old bitter bastards voting
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :| Bunch of old bitter bastards voting

i'm curious what bonds will say :corn:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Next year you got Maddux, Glavine, and Frank Thomas on the ballot for the first time....i could see all three getting in
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    What.A.Joke

Fuck The BBWAA
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Tim Raines and Dale Murphy should have made the Hall based on their merits from R.B.I. Baseball on the N.E.S. alone.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Jason P wrote:
    Tim Raines and Dale Murphy should have made the Hall based on their merits from R.B.I. Baseball on the N.E.S. alone.
    :D:lol: indeed
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Jason P wrote:

Matt Nokes, as well.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,893
    81 wrote:

i'm curious what bonds will say :corn:

I don't think he'll say anything...
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    well, at least pee wee fucking reese and phil fucking rizzuto are in :roll:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    ABsolute joke. Legislating morality. Joke joke joke. Was watching some round table discussion last night and it sickens me to hear some of the writers say things like "I think he's a HOFer just not a first ballot guy". So now there's some sort of caste system you want to establish with HOF'ers? Joke. :thumbdown:
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    Jason P wrote:

:lol::lol:

strawberry was a stud too.
    DS1119 wrote:
    ABsolute joke. Legislating morality. Joke joke joke. Was watching some round table discussion last night and it sickens me to hear some of the writers say things like "I think he's a HOFer just not a first ballot guy". So now there's some sort of caste system you want to establish with HOF'ers? Joke. :thumbdown:

Holy shit, we agree completely
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

hell has frozen over plus pigs can fly.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

...and the Yankees rely on the HR too much. :lol:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

...and the Yankees rely on the HR too much. :lol:

Ahhhhhhh....there you went and did it. I thought we were about to have a moment :lol:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

hell has frozen over plus pigs can fly.

:lol:
    I'm not sure which one fries my ass more. Bonds, Clemens, or Piazza. Even...even...if the writer's want to make some "stand" against PED's fine. I don't agree with it but I'm not in a position to do anything about it. But to not elect Piazza apparently for "suspected" use...that can be the only reason he's not elected because his stats are more than Hall worthy...is straight up bullshit.
    DS1119 wrote:
    I'm not sure which one fries my ass more. Bonds, Clemens, or Piazza. Even...even...if the writer's want to make some "stand" against PED's fine. I don't agree with it but I'm not in a position to do anything about it. But to not elect Piazza apparently for "suspected" use...that can be the only reason he's not elected because his stats are more than Hall worthy...is straight up bullshit.

Has to be Piazza. One of the best offensive catchers ever not in because he is suspected. So fucking annoying. Who the hell are these guys to make that determination
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    As much as i hate him Clemens should be in, he never got caught. Even went to trial vs congress and was found not guilty. Obviously he is, but if you cant prove it how can you punish him?
    I'd like to see Clemens drill one of the writer's in the head with a fastball. :lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    no one can tell me bonds and clemens weren't hall of famers before steroids...and since practically everyone was doing it, there's no reason to not induct them
  • DS1119 wrote:

I wish Piazza would get in too. I just googled his stats and was reminded how awesome he was!
    on a side note, I wonder if he knows that when you google his name, the second auto fill-in thing is "Mike Piazza gay"? That sucks, but I doubt he cares, I think I recall that his wife is smoking hot.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i must be in the minority ... but fuck all these guys ...

sure, steroids weren't illegal in mlb and a bunch of guys were taking them but steroids were and always were illegal without a prescription ... the thing that irks me most about these guys is that when it came time to come clean ... all these guys to a T pleaded the fifth ... and lied ... none of these guys had the integrity to own up to what they did ... just like lance armstrong ...

so ... all i can say to them is ... oh well ... these are the consequences of your decisions ...
  • polaris_x wrote:

sure, steroids weren't illegal in mlb and a bunch of guys were taking them but steroids were and always were illegal without a prescription ... the thing that irks me most about these guys is that when it came time to come clean ... all these guys to a T pleaded the fifth ... and lied ... none of these guys had the integrity to own up to what they did ... just like lance armstrong ...

so ... all i can say to them is ... oh well ... these are the consequences of your decisions ...

I certainly agree with you.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    As much as i hate him Clemens should be in, he never got caught. Even went to trial vs congress and was found not guilty. Obviously he is, but if you cant prove it how can you punish him?
    He beat "Our Elected Leaders" not once, but twice.

If I was him, I would have done the Triple H "Suck It!" pose on the steps of Capital Hill after the 2nd win.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Has to be Piazza. One of the best offensive catchers ever not in because he is suspected. So fucking annoying. Who the hell are these guys to make that determination

He's actual the argument why you have to let them all in. You can't exclude guys because you know, yet include guys because you aren't sure or just suspect. That's a sure way to wind up 10 years from now having elected a guy that becomes a known (not saying Piazza is THAT guy) after the fact. Then what do you do (and BTW, there are apparently very good sources that have not been named that says there already is steroid users in).

Let them in. Provide the history and let folks decide. It's a museum. If you want to vote against someone b/c they wouldn't have been in without it, fine. But, going to the HoF without:

The all time HR hitter
    The all time Cy Young winner
    The all time hits leader

So on and so forth makes no sense.

And, how Biggio did not get in is beyond me. Stupid moralists that sent in blank ballots are idiots.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

He's actual the argument why you have to let them all in. You can't exclude guys because you know, yet include guys because you aren't sure or just suspect. That's a sure way to wind up 10 years from now having elected a guy that becomes a known (not saying Piazza is THAT guy) after the fact. Then what do you do (and BTW, there are apparently very good sources that have not been named that says there already is steroid users in).

Let them in. Provide the history and let folks decide. It's a museum. If you want to vote against someone b/c they wouldn't have been in without it, fine. But, going to the HoF without:

The all time HR hitter
    The all time Cy Young winner
    The all time hits leader

So on and so forth makes no sense.

And, how Biggio did not get in is beyond me. Stupid moralists that sent in blank ballots are idiots.

Completely agree with everything.

And yeah, Tom Boswell said he has seen a current Hall Of Famer take steroids
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And yeah, Tom Boswell said he has seen a current Hall Of Famer take steroids

MV5BMTYyMTI5Mjg3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTgyMzEwNA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

The dad from Happy Days? I wonder who he's been hanging around with...I don't know...Bob Lemon maybe?

Oh wait...that's Tom Bosley.

Carry on...
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
    Yeah, a lot of people think steroids somehow just popped up in baseball one day and the current crop were somehow the first players experimenting with them. It really is just a witch hunt.
    polaris_x wrote:

that's fine but

a) just about everyone, in every walk of life, is looking for an edge. lawyers and politicians (not the most lovable bunch :lol: ) "cheat" every fucking day.

b) as unfair as it might be to label someone (piazza) a user, it's just as unfair to assume someone clean (biggio, pujols, griffey, etc)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16