Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Should i trust the government?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    edited January 2012
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Oh, by the way, I wonder how your going to flaunt the $1,200 bucks after no one buys your Celtics and Bulls tickets.

update: someone is def. buying the bulls/heat tix.
    and, i have a job that allows me to purchase such luxuries.
    What kind of bullshit is that though???? Why can't someone have a job, and work their ass off and afford luxuries? ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING?

Don't be jealous man. That's a terrible, terrible thing to feel. Don't hate...no one likes a hater.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Now I know why I don't come here so much anymore.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    81 wrote:
    Should i trust the government?

biggest not for profit in the business. i.e the post office. running at a loss in fact
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Oh, by the way, I wonder how your going to flaunt the $1,200 bucks after no one buys your Celtics and Bulls tickets.

update: someone is def. buying the bulls/heat tix.
    and, i have a job that allows me to purchase such luxuries.
    What kind of bullshit is that though???? Why can't someone have a job, and work their ass off and afford luxuries? ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING?

Don't be jealous man. That's a terrible, terrible thing to feel. Don't hate...no one likes a hater.

im sensing some hostility in you. why dont dont you step back from the keyboard and sit this one out?
  • Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    edited January 2012
    It's bothering me because, I have been to these Wishlist parties and have seen people cry......crying because there is so much positivty and so much good going on that it's overwhelming. These people that run Wishlist are so dedicated, SO INTO HELPING OTHERS that they devote so much time to this great cause. I don't know what you are trying to do by attacking this organization, but I can tell you, it won't do a thing.

It's an amazing time. I have met so many great people, I have donated money, I know good people when I meet them. And you're targeting my friends.
    Post edited by Jeremys Spoken on
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

• gotta love the ignorance...... and the clear avoidance of questions when called out.

i believe the word "baaaaaaaahh" was used for you before.
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Davidtrios wrote:

I'm sensing some hostility in you. why dont dont you step back from the keyboard and sit this one out?

Let's just cut out all this bullshit here and get to what your point is. What exactly are you trying to achieve here besides draging good people's names though the mud.
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

I'm sensing some hostility in you. why dont dont you step back from the keyboard and sit this one out?

Let's just cut out all this bullshit here and get to what your point is. What exactly are you trying to achieve here besides draging good people's names though the mud.

just questioned where the money was going, thats all...just trying to figure out what the term non-profit really means.
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

just questioned where the money was going, thats all...just trying to figure out what the term non-profit really means.
    did you figure it out or do we need to paint some pictures for you?
  • Why did you have to pick on Wishlist? Specifically a certain somebody? How the hell do you know WHERE THEY COME FROM IN LIFE? HUH?

How dare you man.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

• luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    edited January 2012
    As someone who is involved in wishlist foundation I would like to point out the fact that this organization includes some of the most most kind-hearted, open-minded, selfless, generous people in ANY community, fan or otherwise. From the those who have volunteered time in various way to the those who have donated from their private memorabilia collections to those who buy raffle tickets, to those who get in the fun to watch bidding wars over auction items, to those who just show up to hang out...all of these people are people I am proud to know. Many of these people are people that I call friends. People who without this organization, I probably never would have met.

I find it offensive, and sad, that there are those who would imply that these people, of whom I am one, that spend countless hours of their time of their own free will to benefit worthy organizations, many of which the band we all love supports as well, are "corrupt".

None of us in any way receive compensation for our time. Our trips during tour time are not financed through fund-raising. Most of us have jobs, or spouses with jobs. I personally work up to 6 credit hours of overload every semester (which translates into a 60+ hour work week, for those who care) in order to fund my trips where I spend the majority of my time setting up events, working events, taking down events, traveling to the next event, etc. As mindi said, seeing pearl jam is a bonus. My 10c number is 184xxx. And my seats reflect this. Because I am a member of wishlist, I will probably never win a ticket lottery for 1st or 9th row, and that's ok with me.

so, what do I "gain" through being a member of wishlist?
    I have gained priceless friendships. I have gained the knowledge that I have "given back, paid it forward" in some small way. I have gained that warm and fuzzy feeling you get when you do something selfless, expecting nothing in return. And this, in my book, is more than enough for me.
    Post edited by luvisatower on
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,383
    I really have to say sorry to Laura ...I was trying to respect your wishes but people are ignorant and this pisses me off.

Whats up with the boards these days is just out right bullshit and self righteousness. All the boards have become is a bitch session over why everyone can't get the latest limited item, what defines the legitimacy of flipping for the right reason, and people whining about tickets.

And then when there is nothing new to complain about you are going to start shit about the Wishlist Foundation???

You need to grow the fuck up!!!!

If you are not happy with what life has brought to you, that is on you!! Find a job that can let you afford to do what you want when you want or change your situation to fit your wants/needs.

Taking pot shots at people who are donating their time & life for a good cause is just childish and reiterates that these boards are being overtaken by a bunch of whinning bitches!!
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Just ignore the guy. I've seen this in other threads, it's what he likes to do.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    eveybody

chill the fuck out

i didnt understand how laura could afford to travel to see pj, see shows, get fancy kitchens while operating a not-for-profit.

i personally have donated some money to the org. and it didnt add up.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

Dude you didn't question...you outright accused!!! If you are having a bad day go sit yourself in time out!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Davidtrios wrote:
    ...just trying to figure out what the term non-profit really means.

That's easy! Took a second to google

http://www.investorwords.com/3331/non_p ... ation.html

Or...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nonprofit_organization

or....

could go on forever.
    Davidtrios wrote:

Here you go.
    http://wishlistfoundation.org/about/financials/
    look for the past two years to be up as soon as the CPA is finished.

And by the way, this is, and always has been available to the public
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

Davidtrios wrote:
    eveybody

chill the fuck out

i didnt understand how laura could afford to travel to see pj, see shows, get fancy kitchens while operating a not-for-profit.

What are you the money understanding police??? Who are you to wonder why someone else gets to spend what they do on what they want of their own money??

If you can't change your situation.. don't try to start some shit cuz your not in the same place
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    eveybody

chill the fuck out

????????????????????????????????????????

Have you not heard of a job? Pearl Jam doesn't have Wishlist parties 365 days a year dude.

You sound ridiculous. "It didn't add up" seriously?

Do you think Laura quit life and said, Wishlist will be income, I just know it!
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2

edited January 2012
    Davidtrios wrote:
    eveybody

chill the fuck out

Do you have any information an what Laura did BEFORE Wishlist? Lets see your tax returns buddy. What exactly are all your revenue streams? Seriously, who are you to point a finger at someone that has done nothing but helped people for 6 years raising money for people who need it?
    Post edited by SolarWorld on
    Davidtrios wrote:
    eveybody

chill the fuck out

Not that her personal finances (or anyone's for that matter) are any of your business, or anything.
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

Public Apology:

Laura- I take it back. Sorry for questioning you. I didn't know your background and didn't know you had a day-job.

Next event, I pledge a donation of $100. If i win a raffle, I will donate the winning item too.
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    eveybody

chill the fuck out

god damn.... is life just not fair? is that it? jealousy? that couldnt be any clearer.

do you want to know how my or my fiances money is spent??? cause we bkth have ties with wishlist.... you probably NEED to know then right?
    Just remember next time its hard to put this shit back in once you squeeze it out all over the damn place...

284680-Toothpaste_tube-thumb-300x210-99412.jpg

Lesson learned : check your facts before you run your mouth
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    edited January 2012
    eveybody

chill the fuck out

Wow. I am utterly floored by this and how it continues on. My personal private life is my own business, and I am pretty outraged by this nonsense.

‎David, this is the second time you've made some pretty serious accusations against both me, and Wishlist Foundation. Do you realize this is a federal organization? You basically accused me of embezzlement. That is a federal crime. I don't take that lightly, at all. And that's also libel, which is defamation by written or printed words.

I have no problem being questioned. Ever. At all. I have nothing to hide, Wishlist has nothing to hide and in the 7 years we've been running things, we have always been forthcoming with every piece of information we possibly could.

Some words when spoken can't be taken back. I now need to defend myself, the organization that so many of our mutual friends have helped build, and all of the fans who have supported us over the years, because of your ignorant accusations.

All you had to do was ask.

Please feel free to donate your $100 to your local chapter of the human society directly, so that you know exactly where your money goes.

Thank you for your response.
    Post edited by Foxy Mop on
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • lbc72lbc72 Posts: 35
    Why did you have to pick on Wishlist? Specifically a certain somebody? How the hell do you know WHERE THEY COME FROM IN LIFE? HUH?

How dare you man.

Appreciate your posts "Jeremys Spoken"...As someone that has been there from the start....I refuse to "defend" the character of the volunteers that make up Wishlist. Their hard work and dedication speaks for themselves. Hell, the show up to the bar early and arrive late to the shows...for no other reason than to assure that the fundraising effort is as productive as possible. As for charities as a whole, I believe the good generated from charities outweighs the bad. And in a world where balance is a necessity, I will take those results. Are there charities out there giving the overall vision of what a charity should stand for a black eye? Sure there is...but it's not Wishlist. I personally donate items and money to them as often as possible. Never once have I felt the need to question them...why?...because I have grown to trust them to do what's right. But I will admit that it helps to know them as good people, dedicated jammers and loyal friends. Perhaps some in here should make an effort to get to know them as well. The notion "don't judge a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes" comes to mind. I don't know anyone's financial standing and I don't pretend to...assumptions can be hurtful. And I question anyone out to hurt others with their ignorance. I encourage everyone to research any charity that they are considering donating their time and money to. If you have reservations, ask the important questions and when presented with the answers, make an educated choice to give or not to give. I did and I chose Wishlist because I believe they are here to help others...not to reduce my taxes. Peace!
  • clockistotimeclockistotime Los Angeles, CA Posts: 249
    This is just unacceptable for adults to be acting like this, especially on a forum where we come to celebrate the band we most admire and love. Wishlist Foundation has done nothing but good things for many local organizations and beneficiaries. For someone (and sadly more and more as the thread grew with hostility and misinformation) to question them is one thing, but to flat out accuse them and make up stories and tarnish someone's name is totally unacceptable. You have no right to do that, and sitting at your computer all high and mighty like some stupid armchair superhero, you should be ashamed of yourself. I know I sound like a strict parent right now, but maybe it's all the lessons I've learned in the past from my own, and the fact that you are acting like a child by devaluing an honest, hard-working and volunteering organization. Laura, and many of the members of Wishlist Foundation, are the kindest, most sincere and honest human beings you will ever meet. If it wasn't for Wishlist and their events, I'd have never met some truly great friends that I will have in my life for... well, the rest of it. Check the facts before spreading misinformation.

This forum used to be fun, but the abundance of negativity really needs to cease. We are civilized humans after all, right? Maybe we should all start acting like ones.
    "one man stands the edge of the ocean
    a beacon on dry land
    eyes above the horizon
    in the dark before the dawn..."
    "i am a donut"
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    oh my .......
    very sad
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
This discussion has been closed.