Show me people running a charity......

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,444
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
And I will show you people stuffing their pockets with money....

http://www.suntimes.com/9544260-417/kid ... taken.html

Ive said it a thousand times.....
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 7RayZ7RayZ Posts: 488
    Because you have thousands of people running non-profits for their own personal profit. Cant help people are greedy and you are going to see alot more of theft since times are bad.. So over generalize shut down charities they all suck! Is that what you want to hear?

Not to be Chicago burb snotty but we're fucking talking the mentality of Bridgeview there. :lol:
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    And I will show you people stuffing their pockets with money....

Boy I could go somewhere with this.... :twisted:
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • I never give cash to charity anymore. The United Way executives stealing the $ to buy beautiful homes, cars,etc. changed my mind about donating cash. It is shame . There are many trust worthy charities out there.
    Now I volunteer my time.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    edited January 2012
    it can be a VERY corrupt business
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I posted about this a few times in the past. The money these people make working for non-profits would floor most if they new the truth.
  • Davidtrios wrote:
    ive seen it myself. i know of someone who runs a very popular charity around here who flaunts all the shit theyre buying on facebook. I.e. getting new kitchens, travelling to south american and soon europe. it can be a VERY corrupt business
    And the pure stupidity of people....
    Who cant see what is going on......

Just fucking amazes me.....
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Davidtrios wrote:
    ive seen it myself. i know of someone who runs a very popular charity around here who flaunts all the shit theyre buying on facebook. I.e. getting new kitchens, travelling to south american and soon europe. it can be a VERY corrupt business

"Administrative expenses" :roll:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,911
    Better Dan wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

"Administrative expenses" :roll:
    and access to prime tix.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    This is wrong, but don't stereotype all charities because of a few bad apples. Many organizers get paid squat but are in the work for the right reasons.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Jeanwah wrote:
    This is wrong, but don't stereotype all charities because of a few bad apples. Many organizers get paid squat but are in the work for the right reasons.

I would agree. The "grunt" people with charities are genrally nice people and doing it for the right reasons. In my line of work, I get to see alot of people's financials. You would not believe what the mid level and up people for prominent charities make. ABout two months ago I encountered a person making close to 250,000 annually for a very prominet non profit charity. The person was not even on the national level with this "charity", they were working locally and was mid level at best. Made me wonder what they higher ups are making. :o
  • Ok maybe I am wrong....

Only 98.9999% of people who work for, or run charities....

Are fucking thieves.....
    Ok maybe I am wrong....

Only 98.9999% of people who work for, or run charities....

Are fucking thieves.....

Tell us how you really feel.... :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

• Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I've just started a charity called The Human Fund....donate to me ..um I mean the charity...and it will go to a good cause..i promise. Happy Festivus!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    DS1119 wrote:
    Jeanwah wrote:

I would agree. The "grunt" people with charities are genrally nice people and doing it for the right reasons. In my line of work, I get to see alot of people's financials. You would not believe what the mid level and up people for prominent charities make. ABout two months ago I encountered a person making close to 250,000 annually for a very prominet non profit charity. The person was not even on the national level with this "charity", they were working locally and was mid level at best. Made me wonder what they higher ups are making. :o

a whole lot more...google it....i did once before for anouother speedy charity thread...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Better Dan wrote:
    I've just started a charity called The Human Fund....donate to me ..um I mean the charity...and it will go to a good cause..i promise. Happy Festivus!
    Yep!!

Quit your job...
    Have people send you money....
    Have people pay your mortgage...
    Have people pay for your childs educatuion....
    You can tour all over the planet....
    Go to 100's of Pearl Jam shows....

Its a wonderful life!!!!
    Better Dan wrote:
    Yep!!

Quit your job...

Its a wonderful life!!!!

You forgot selling tshirts and posters too...

Admin

Better Dan wrote:
    Yep!!

Quit your job...

Its a wonderful life!!!!

:evil:
  • The worst part, in some cases, is the benefactors portray themselves as almost God-like whereas in truth they are more evil than we could ever imagine.
    Nice shirt.
  • And I will show you people stuffing their pockets with money....

I'm a board member of a nonprofit organization called Come Unity. no stealing of money here.

http://www.comeunitynow.org
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • I'm more intrigued by the people that can do a billion shows but are unemployed or have a teeny paycheck. I bust my ass 40 hours a week, have a pretty decent job, but still couldn't swing all those shows even if I wanted to :? I must be missing something lol
    I'm more intrigued by the people that can do a billion shows but are unemployed or have a teeny paycheck. I bust my ass 40 hours a week, have a pretty decent job, but still couldn't swing all those shows even if I wanted to :? I must be missing something lol

just sell a few vinyls and backpacks and theres 3 extra shows right there
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I'm more intrigued by the people that can do a billion shows but are unemployed or have a teeny paycheck. I bust my ass 40 hours a week, have a pretty decent job, but still couldn't swing all those shows even if I wanted to :? I must be missing something lol

10 Credit Cards
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,704
    Jeanwah wrote:

:clap:

The same can be said for both social and environmental organizations.

Here's a few sites that rate charity organizations:

http://www.charitynavigator.org/

http://www2.guidestar.org/AdvancedSearch.aspx

I would encourage all not to give up on being charitable because of some scams out there. There are lots of ways to help.

As an aside- I read recently that only 2% of donations go to environmental work. I wish I could find where I read that and I hope that's wrong. Without a healthy planet to live on there would be no social issues to be concerned with.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Davidtrios wrote:
    just sell a few vinyls and backpacks and theres 3 extra shows right there

Ah if only I collected vinyl and backpacks lol
    know1 wrote:
    10 Credit Cards

That sounds about right! Some friends and I were talking about this just on Sunday, my only answer to it was 'crippling' debt'

And true Brian, while there are a few clunkers out in the world, there are good charities out there. I'm in the process of donating an art piece for a charity right now as a matter of fact :)
  • The 2 BIGGEST BULLSHIT WORDS used ?????

non-profit.....

non-profit my ass!!!!!!!
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,704
    The 2 BIGGEST BULLSHIT WORDS used ?????

non-profit.....

non-profit my ass!!!!!!!
    That's quite the blanket statement and by generalizing, smears the good work that is going on in many organizations out there.

This is beginning to feel too much like being on A Moving Train.... :(
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Search Results
    Your search criteria (click to remove):
    Keywords: wishlist foundation
    0 charities matched your search criteria. :? :evil:

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,911
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Search Results
    Your search criteria (click to remove):
    Keywords: wishlist foundation
    0 charities matched your search criteria. :? :evil:

BS site. Volunteers of america has been aroung for 100+ yrs. same result.

edit, I tried spelling it with proper caps at the beginning of each word. 1 result fo rthe org in Alexandria , Va. each state is its own entity under the National Org umbrella. I would have expected that the Nat Org would be listed.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    this thread is kinda depressing...

And I am with you Chiqui
    must be doing something wrong.
    8-)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Lizard wrote:
    this thread is kinda depressing...

And I am with you Chiqui
    must be doing something wrong.
    8-)

It is a little sad. I know the charity I'm helping out seems to be on the straight and narrow, it was created in honor of a young student who had passed away. There are lots of non-profits that run like a corporation though. But perhaps that's where working with a small outfit works best? Who knows, there's corruption everywhere, but there's also grace.

Yeah or we have our priorities straight. I'm just gonna go with that to make myself feel better :lol:
This discussion has been closed.