Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    DewieCox wrote:
    quote]
    They are a band that is pretty much guaranteed whatever they release, its going to be mindblowing and special.

Aren't we going a little overboard? Unless you are the person in your avatar, then in that case I agree wholeheartedly.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    [
    Aren't we going a little overboard? Unless you are the person in your avatar, then in that case I agree wholeheartedly.[/quote]

Haha, no, thats not me in the avatar. Current crush at the moment.

I dont think its overboard to say all of Tool's 4 albums have been spectacular. Undertow, Aenima and Lateralus especially.

There are certain bands I trust and know whatever they create will be good. Radiohead is one of those bands. Tool is another.

Tools creative process has always been drawn out like this. They arent Ryan Adams releasing stuff every year. He's great too. But this is the longest break between albums, but as I said, personal stuff happened which resulted in the long delay. I think the album would have been out a few years ago.

I think the lonng delays in albums or between them, results, in Tools case with lyrics and music that are as deep and thought out and complex as you could get. Theres only one Tool.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,688
    [
    Current crush at the moment.
    [/quote]

Mine too.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    [
    I think the long delays in albums or between them, results, in Tools case with lyrics and music that are as deep and thought out and complex as you could get. Theres only one Tool.

Amen.

Pretending like I dont know where I am at the moment...

Tool would never release a Backspacer.

Quality over quantity my friends.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Olivavu wrote:
    2013...and still no new album.

Not sure if you can mark your calendar yet or anything....but Danny and Maynard have both said that new Tool should see the light of day by early 2014. I personally wouldn't hold my breath but you can read it here:

http://loudwire.com/maynard-james-keena ... -puscifer/
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    youngster wrote:
    Olivavu wrote:

Not sure if you can mark your calendar yet or anything....but Danny and Maynard have both said that new Tool should see the light of day by early 2014. I personally wouldn't hold my breath but you can read it here:

that sounds about right... I guess maynard has at least part of the albums music to write lyrics for.. He received that a few weeks ago. I believe they are continuing to write music though
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    youngster wrote:
    Olivavu wrote:

that sounds about right... I guess maynard has at least part of the albums music to write lyrics for.. He received that a few weeks ago. I believe they are continuing to write music though

I shall believe theres a new TOOL album when im holding it in my hot little hand. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    Blair was talking about the band having progressed further with one mega song... I don't know what to think, it contradicts everything else I've heard... and I haven't trusted Blair for years. :lol:
  • Options
    Played Maynard's Dick three times in a row on the way home today. I had forgotten about this tune and had not heard it in at least two years. Great vocals and awesome guitar intro.

I'm still ready to wait as long as I need provided the wait is worth it. I have much confidence in these guys.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Played Maynard's Dick three times in a row on the way home today. I had forgotten about this tune and had not heard it in at least two years. Great vocals and awesome guitar intro.

I'm still ready to wait as long as I need provided the wait is worth it. I have much confidence in these guys.

A Salival gem :lol:
  • Options

Due to my stereo's display, I don't play it- or much of Tool for that matter (Hooker and Prison Sex)- when the wife and daughter are with me... just Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews and the like.

Just me or me and my son... I pounce on the opportunity. Volume goes waaay up and the filter is off!
  • Options

Due to my stereo's display, I don't play it- or much of Tool for that matter (Hooker and Prison Sex)- when the wife and daughter are with me... just Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews and the like.

Just me or me and my son... I pounce on the opportunity. Volume goes waaay up and the filter is off!

Come on, Prison Sex is good family fun. :lol:
  • Options

Come on, Prison Sex is good family fun. :lol:

:lol:

To be honest, on some longer rides, I've tried to sneak it in there. The look and accompanying frown ruin the moment for me. If the wife falls asleep- which is always a positive thing for playlists- I can usually get a few of the 'questionables' in there.
  • Options

To be honest, on some longer rides, I've tried to sneak it in there. The look and accompanying frown ruin the moment for me. If the wife falls asleep- which is always a positive thing for playlists- I can usually get a few of the 'questionables' in there.

I understand... we were playing Killing in the Name in a car one time and my buddys mom wasn't too happy. :lol:
  • Options

I understand... we were playing Killing in the Name in a car one time and my buddys mom wasn't too happy. :lol:

Another band that gets me in trouble :lol:

why stand on a silent platform?
    fight the war, fuck the norm

What about that sucker?

I tray to explain to her the depth of what they are getting at, but it does no good.
  • Options

What about that sucker?

I tray to explain to her the depth of what they are getting at, but it does no good.

A swear is a swear, good sir. :lol:
  • Options

What about that sucker?

A swear is a swear, good sir. :lol:

She tricked me when we were dating. I held nothing from her with regards to my musical tastes and there was no interference then. I had assumed that it was smooth sailing. Two decades and a couple kids later... wtf, man?

I love springing the concerts on her though: "You're seeing who? Where? Who are you going with? Oh my Gawd." :lol:
  • Options

She tricked me when we were dating. I held nothing from her with regards to my musical tastes and there was no interference then. I had assumed that it was smooth sailing. Two decades and a couple kids later... wtf, man?

I love springing the concerts on her though: "You're seeing who? Where? Who are you going with? Oh my Gawd." :lol:

Yeah, my mom used to ask that shit too. She just stopped after a while. :lol:
  • Options

Yeah, my mom used to ask that shit too. She just stopped after a while. :lol:

Guys like you and I... we're relentless. You just can't stop us. Don't even try!
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
  • Options
    Olivavu wrote:
    Luckily for me, my wife likes the same music as I do!

And we have no kids. Yet.

My wife likes a portion of my music- enough to allow us to co-exist. I kind of like the fact that I have interests outside of hers- it gives me an excuse to get together with my buddies for concerts.
  • Options
    OlivavuOlivavu England Posts: 1,683
  • Options
    DP17DP17 Posts: 68
    TOOL RULES.. :roll: :roll:
  • Options
    Olivavu wrote:
    My wife comes to the gigs with me and my mates and so do their ladies.

Don't get me wrong: I don't leave her locked in the basement.

Red Hot Chili Peppers/ U2/ Dave Matthews/ Tragically Hip/ Stones/ etc. (wife compatibility... and a couples event).

Tool/ Metallica/ Iron Maiden/ etc. (no wife compatibility... boys night out).
  • Options
    DP17 wrote:

Back on topic. This statement is correct.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    DP17 wrote:

YES INDEED! And they usually release and tour the same time as pj so what's the fucken hold up Maynard?? To busy making cadacus wines?!?!? Fucken lazy ass! 8-)
  • Options
    DP17 wrote:

Do you smell that?

It smells like sarcasm
  • Options
    badbrains wrote:
    DP17 wrote:

YES INDEED! And they usually release and tour the same time as pj so what's the fucken hold up Maynard?? To busy making cadacus wines?!?!? Fucken lazy ass! 8-)

Too busy not wanting to do Tool stuff.

At least we have a new studio version of an APC song :lol:
  • Options
    DP17 wrote:

Do you smell that?

It smells like sarcasm

I noted the eye rolls, but just couldn't imagine that someone who has been here since 1998 and has 51 posts to their credit would take the opportunity to enter a Tool thread and mock the fan base there with a goofy, sarcastic smear.

I mean, would someone actually do that? Why?