Windows 7 & Office 2010

12346»

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ring...

hello

yes...i'm trying to do a vlookup

:fp:

basic forumla here people....you would think the analytics guy would know it. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    why is the freeze pane function in the view section and not the insert section?
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    LloydXmas wrote:

why does that sound like a pick-up line?
    LloydXmas wrote:
    It is on my toolbar
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    why do people protect their tabs? don't they know i can unlock it with a click of a button. :lol:

macro's for the win
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    just got this email asking about some data somebody else sent this person....i have not seen the data, but i do see the problem.
    I prepared simple pivot tables on the data

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    It appears when you update data, it does not update the pivot table unless you refresh the pivot table.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    what the fuck is wrong with this damn date date.

got a date in column....doing a verticle lookup to find the proper period number. everything single date is returning period 1. wtf. :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    never mind.

my stupid date to period table got fucked and all the periods were 1 vs 1,2,3,etc :fp: :fp: :fp: :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    periods are not much fun
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    periods are not much fun

You all crampy?
    I do not enjoy having to do someone else's job, especially using their spreadsheets and methods.
    so apparently my company is going to upgrade from Lotus notes for email (and a ton of databases) to Outlook and at the same time go from Office 2003 to Office 2013. I am so screwed.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    so apparently my company is going to upgrade from Lotus notes for email (and a ton of databases) to Outlook and at the same time go from Office 2003 to Office 2013. I am so screwed.

office 2013? ah crap :lol:

have fun with that upgrade :lol::lol:

first thing you need to do is create a custom ribbon and hide the bullshit stock ribbons. once you do that, it's not so bad....at least in office 2010
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

first thing you need to do is create a custom ribbon and hide the bullshit stock ribbons. once you do that, it's not so bad....at least in office 2010

I will be lost without my custom buttons for Excel.

and I need to justify Access. Apparently Access won't come with it and we need to pay for each person that needs it. Word and Powerpoint are standard, I told them I would gladly trade those two for Access.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

I will be lost without my custom buttons for Excel.

and I need to justify Access. Apparently Access won't come with it and we need to pay for each person that needs it. Word and Powerpoint are standard, I told them I would gladly trade those two for Access.

you want my custom ribbon? i can email it to you.

you can still have custom buttons in office 2010.

once you get a custom bar set up, it's not bad.

access takes soem getting use to as well. not as bad.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    sure you can send it to me, that would be a help. we won't be changing over until later this year. good to know Access won't be as bad, I have a lot of stuff in that.

I was helping the GF with a spreadsheet on her PC and I couldn't even figure out how to insert a column :fp:
    oh yeah...i was going to send you my fun stuff.....if you want it, pm an email address.

oh yeah...i am an excel god. yes...yes...i am. now stop locking tabs....your password protection is useless :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    oh yeah...i am an excel god. yes...yes...i am.

yeah, but can you do this?!

http://www.spoon-tamago.com/2013/05/28/ ... et-artist/
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

i can't even draw a stickman :lol:

i have no idea how to drawa pix. i downloaded one..figured he made all the cells super small, ie pixle size and colored them one at a time....i was wrong.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

i have no idea how to drawa pix. i downloaded one..figured he made all the cells super small, ie pixle size and colored them one at a time....i was wrong.

yeah i thought the same...how the hell do you make that with cells? yeah, not so much :lol::lol:
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:
    norm wrote:

yeah i thought the same...how the hell do you make that with cells? yeah, not so much :lol::lol:

wow, thats one hell of a pivot table
    this is giving me a headache.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    "migrated" to Office 2013 at work.