Windows 7 & Office 2010

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    seriously, whoever approved office 2010 for production should be smacked....

where the fuck is the insert new sheet button....can't find it on any ribbon. fuckin retards....yeah i said retards.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:

where the fuck is the insert new sheet button....can't find it on any ribbon. fuckin retards....yeah i said retards.

have you tried to do a pivot table yet?
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

have i ever told you my thoughts on pivot tables. :lol:

i found it....thanks to a coworker...but seriously.....this is annoying.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

have i ever told you my thoughts on pivot tables. :lol:

i found it....thanks to a coworker...but seriously.....this is annoying.

yes you have, that is why I wanted to ask. :mrgreen:
    :lol:

fuck pivot tables. i'll have to try one out to see if they improved them....i doubt it, so far i have failed to find a single improvement
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

fuck pivot tables. i'll have to try one out to see if they improved them....i doubt it, so far i have failed to find a single improvement

yeah, let me know if it works, if it doesn't then I am going to need to find a new career
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

yeah, let me know if it works, if it doesn't then I am going to need to find a new career

looks to work about the same....still junk. :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

looks to work about the same....still junk. :P

excellent. just what I wanted to hear :roll:
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    my company upgrade to windows 7 and office 2010 about a month ago, so i am in the same boat! i am actually starting to getting used to it and like it, but at first it was one hell of a learning curve.

i felt like such a retard trying to navigate my way around excel :lol:
    rival. wrote:
    my company upgrade to windows 7 and office 2010 about a month ago, so i am in the same boat! i am actually starting to getting used to it and like it, but at first it was one hell of a learning curve.

i felt like such a retard trying to navigate my way around excel :lol:

no kidding...i have my custom tool bar set up now...i think i have everything i need...i better, because i'm running out of space to add more buttons
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I refuse to upgrade to Office 2010!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    excellent. just what I wanted to hear :roll:

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    You guys are scaring me! I'm going to need a new computer shortly and was thinking of going to Windows 7 (did that take the place of Vista?) and the new version of Office, although I use WordPerfect primarily. But I need Office cuz most clients and other offices use it. I have XP, 2003 Office, and can't even remember what version of WordPerfect I have.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    You guys are scaring me! I'm going to need a new computer shortly and was thinking of going to Windows 7 (did that take the place of Vista?) and the new version of Office, although I use WordPerfect primarily. But I need Office cuz most clients and other offices use it. I have XP, 2003 Office, and can't even remember what version of WordPerfect I have.

it's not that bad....as long as you remember left is right and right is left. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    81 wrote:

it's not that bad....as long as you remember left is right and right is left. :roll:

I can't remember anything nowadays. I'm in trouble.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    if you would like a copy of my custom tool bar....drop a pm with an email address. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

I've been on Win7 for the last year...I like it. It's an upgrade from Win2000.

Haven't used the 'Office Starter' Excel yet. I could get around pretty well creating graphs and stuff like that.
    Word Starter sucks donkeys...everything is so weird.
    Hate new MS Paint, I'm a big PhotoShop fan...and I can't do all the cool stuff I used to do in earlier versions of Paint. :x
    Love the 'Snipping Tool'...easier than screen shots.

Windows 8 is supposed to be released soon...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    81: was just going over a bunch of things with the boss and thought you'd find some humor in some of the things that were said:

"anyone who merges cell's should be shot"

"not sure how they are able to tell anything by looking at all of that data, don't know why they wouldn't pivot it to clean up the view. morons"

"better to have pivoted and lost than to never have pivoted at all"
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    pivot tables :lolno:

and how about in word trying to get rid of that extra page at the end that prints blank every single time!

remember the good ol' days when you could just backspace or delete until it disappeared...oh if only

nerds, aren't we? :lol: :ugeek:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81: was just going over a bunch of things with the boss and thought you'd find some humor in some of the things that were said:

"anyone who merges cell's should be shot"

"not sure how they are able to tell anything by looking at all of that data, don't know why they wouldn't pivot it to clean up the view. morons"

"better to have pivoted and lost than to never have pivoted at all"

i've never heard a negative about merged cells...when formatting a report, thy make it easy to get everything lined up all nice and neat...

and i still say, pivot tables are for rookies. give me sumif any and every day of the week
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    StillHere wrote:

and how about in word trying to get rid of that extra page at the end that prints blank every single time!

remember the good ol' days when you could just backspace or delete until it disappeared...oh if only

click in the blank page (so you see your cursor), right click, then delete (or just hit the 'delete' key)...the page will go away. (it prints because you probably hit 'space bar' in the page, and Word considers 'space' as a character/printed letter.) :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

click in the blank page (so you see your cursor), right click, then delete (or just hit the 'delete' key)...the page will go away. (it prints because you probably hit 'space bar' in the page, and Word considers 'space' as a character/printed letter.) :)

it should
    and it USED to
    now it doesn't
    i don't know what the heck it is
    i can't get it to go away in print preview or in real-view
    or when i print it
    probably a bug
    just a little thing..but annoying
    peace,
    jo

"Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    StillHere wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    StillHere wrote:

it should
    and it USED to
    now it doesn't
    i don't know what the heck it is
    i can't get it to go away in print preview or in real-view
    or when i print it
    probably a bug
    just a little thing..but annoying

have you tried to 'highlight' the blank page? like you're highlighting text for 'cut and paste'.
    sometimes there is a wayward 'margin' that got bumped down.
    OR you could adjust your 'margins' in the toolbar...that usually makes it go away.

you are using Win7...yes/no?

- Christopher McCandless
    where's that danged "any" key?!?
    RKCNDY wrote:

have you tried to 'highlight' the blank page? like you're highlighting text for 'cut and paste'.
    OR you could adjust your 'margins' in the toolbar...that usually makes it go away.

no
    reverted OS back to XP.... just couldn't take it any more :lol:
    and MS Office Professional Plus 2010
    with all the screwy ribbons and toolbars...why oh why oh why couldn't they just leave well enough alone :roll:
    peace,
    jo

StillHere wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

no
    with all the screwy ribbons and toolbars...why oh why oh why couldn't they just leave well enough alone :roll:

weird...I am using Office Starter 2010-basically the same as Office Prof, just limited features...'user error!' :lol:

kidding! Love ya Jo!

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

no

weird...I am using Office Starter 2010-basically the same as Office Prof, just limited features...'user error!' :lol:

kidding! Love ya Jo!

most likely so :D
    peace,
    jo

well fuck..
    access doesn't appear to want to do my bidding.

i've got a small database that i use to pull data from 20 templates...looks like it froze up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    well fuck..
    access doesn't appear to want to do my bidding.

i've got a small database that i use to pull data from 20 templates...looks like it froze up.

you idiot....you had a missing file....

:mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pop quiz, which ribbon is the undo button in excel 2010 on?

:roll:

thank goodness for ctrl keys
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg