Are going to be the death of me.

:x
    Yeah no kidding...

I have IT up here 3 times today :evil:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    They are great!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    We just upgraded to Word and Excel 2007, is that the same thing as Windows 7? I don't think it is. Are we here as far behind technically as I think we are? :lol:

I'm having trouble finding my old icons, ways to do things.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    Are going to be the death of me.

:x
    Yeah no kidding...

I have IT up here 3 times today :evil:

i can't find the fucking sort fuction
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Brisk. wrote:
    They are great!

they blow...as an excel power user...the interface blows. give me back my fucking toolbars
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    We just upgraded to Word and Excel 2007, is that the same thing as Windows 7? I don't think it is. Are we here as far behind technically as I think we are? :lol:

:lol:

windows is the operating system, word/excel are programs.

2007 is similair to 2010 tho....but i'd much rather have 2003
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    I got a new work PC with Windows 7 - I like it. We are still on Office 2003 and I do not want to upgrade, I hae seen 2010 and hate it
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,383
    81 wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    They are great!

they blow...as an excel power user...the interface blows. give me back my fucking toolbars

I used to think that.... then I got used to the ribbon.... and now I find it more convenient (most of the time).
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    edited December 2011
    I reverted my PC to XP...
    don't know for how long i can get away with that
    Windows 7 was getting me to the point that I didn't even want to get near my laptop
    gotta admit older office suites were a bit more user friendly, but after you get used to 10 i think its way more functional...trick is to put all your usual stuff up on a "personally configured" toolbar and then you can find stuff without switching all those views all the time
    good luck to you all :roll:
    Post edited by StillHere on
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
    Travelar wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    They are great!

I used to think that.... then I got used to the ribbon.... and now I find it more convenient (most of the time).

more convenient...you gotta fuckin change ribbons all the time....

i had my tool bars set up so that i almost never had to go to the menu bars.

at least the ctrl keys still work. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    StillHere wrote:
    I reverted my PC to XP...
    don't know for how long i can get away with that
    Windows 7 was getting me to the point that I didn't even want to get near my laptop

good luck to you all :roll:

still haven't found the option for the classic view.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I have been copying the excel.xlb file to each computer for years so that I always have all the right buttons at the top, I would be very lost without it
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    I have been copying the excel.xlb file to each computer for years so that I always have all the right buttons at the top, I would be very lost without it

.xlb???

i've always just set up the toolbars each time i was upgraded or got a new pc? i did copy my macro syntax thru the years....

i don't know why they don't give you the option for excel classic view. these ribbons are fuckin retarded.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

.xlb???

i've always just set up the toolbars each time i was upgraded or got a new pc? i did copy my macro syntax thru the years....

i don't know why they don't give you the option for excel classic view. these ribbons are fuckin retarded.

yeah, a long time ago I set the toolbars and buttons the way I wanted to, it saves it in a file on the hard-drive. I copied it out to a place on the network so I could pass it on to my boss, she wanted it. And I made a copy to put on my home pc's.

Do a search on *.xlb to find it. Each version of Windows puts it in a different location.
    8-)

don't think it matters now with office 2010. :x

i have two excel files open....and i can't even find the second unless i use ctrl alt.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    81 wrote:

:lol:

windows is the operating system, word/excel are programs.

2007 is similair to 2010 tho....but i'd much rather have 2003

see I kind of knew that, I just don't think like that. :lol:

there's a reason I changed majors in college and got out of the computer field :D
  • i have windows xp and office 1997
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    i have windows xp and office 1997

office 97 :shock:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

old school, nice

I remember having OS2 operating system, Wordperfect and Lotus 123
  • 81 wrote:

yeah..i work in airforce..what need an office??
    "the sky is ours"
    Greek Airforce
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • LizardjamLizardjam Posts: 1,121
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

old school, nice

I remember having OS2 operating system, Wordperfect and Lotus 123

Ha! It took me forever to use Word. I never wanted to give up my wordperfect!

I work in IT. We're slowly but surely migrating everyone to windows7, office 2010. We outsourced our office application help though. Still get the crap calls from people that shouldn't be allowed near a computer, let alone have them try to figure out office. It's really not that difficult, just somewhat inconvenient when you're used to the old one. We've been on Office 2007 forever though so it's not that big a change. But, seriously...users can be so....dumb.
    bugs in the way...I feel about you

"New music, new friends. Pearl Jam."

I like our socks. I hear we make a fine sock. I always say, You might not love our records, but I think you'll like our socks. - Stone

"This record is us speaking out in class." -EV on PJ
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    Brisk. wrote:
    They are great!

I fucking hate using excel. I swear my purgatory is going to be years and years of creating spreadsheets. :evil:
    fuck me...

windows 7 is pissing me off....i fuckin hate Bill Gates right now...where the fuck is my windows classic view...fuck
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    fuck me...

windows 7 is pissing me off....i fuckin hate Bill Gates right now...where the fuck is my windows classic view...fuck

Does this help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n-bT1ec60A
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fuck me...

Does this help?

no...can't view youtube on this machine. :|
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • fuck windows!!!lets go for the doors!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fuck me...

Does this help?

no...can't view youtube on this machine. :|

Don't you have one of those new fangled android phones?
    I understand your frustration

do you have matches?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    81 wrote:
    fuck me...

which is why i'm sticking with winxp until they pry it from my cold, dead hands

i did upgrade to office 07 a few years back and i share your frustration with those pointless ribbons...i can't find anything with those
    got my macro's up and running. yay
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg