Print of PJ20 billboard!

Comments

• Options
    Will trade PJ20 deluxe bluray set for one
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,451
    Suziemay wrote:
    Spoken wrote:
    I would say at least 25 out of 200 have been flipped so far...
    PJ fans taking advantage of other PJ fans.
    Great little community we have....
    You are assuming that it's a PJ fan that's "flipping". And it's not taking advantage if someone's actually willing to pay that much. I can't imagine why someone would, but clearly a bunch of people were willing.

It sucks that not everyone who wanted one could get one, but let's not extrapolate this to generalize that the entire PJ community is taking advantage of one another. Some of us actually care about each other.
    Yes, but I did meet a few of these PJ fan flippers at Alpine Valley, and they disgusted me.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    you guys make alot of assumptions about flippers, when they're posting right alongside of you.

If this stuff wasn't selling for what it is, you wouldn't see as much of it on ebay.
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    Spoken wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Spoken wrote:
    I would say at least 25 out of 200 have been flipped so far...
    PJ fans taking advantage of other PJ fans.
    Great little community we have....
    You are assuming that it's a PJ fan that's "flipping". And it's not taking advantage if someone's actually willing to pay that much. I can't imagine why someone would, but clearly a bunch of people were willing.

It sucks that not everyone who wanted one could get one, but let's not extrapolate this to generalize that the entire PJ community is taking advantage of one another. Some of us actually care about each other.
    Yes, but I did meet a few of these PJ fan flippers at Alpine Valley, and they disgusted me.

Last year at MSG I saw a couple that was literally walking merch stand to merch stand inside the arena buying two posters each at every stand they came across. I found that to be uncool.

BUT, I think we need to make a distinction here. If two parties are engaged in a consensual transaction (even if it's on ebay), it's not really 'taking advantage'. It's just someone paying the market price for a product they desire. It's not like we are talking about desperately needed medicine. It's a f**king poster. A very cool one, but a poster none-the-less.
  • Options
    #70 arrived at my home yesterday apparently. It was waiting for me on my porch when I got back today. Glad I live in a trustworthy neighborhood. Now I'll try to flatten it out as I wait to frame post-Christmas.
    Oct 00 - East Troy aka The Ice Bowl
    Apr 03 - Champaign
    Jun 03 - East Troy
    May 06 - Chicago
    Jun 06 - Summerfest 1 & 2
    Aug 09 - Chicago 1 & 2
    May 10 - Noblesville
    Sept 11 - PJ20 1 & 2
    July 13 - Wrigley
    Oct 13 - Pittsburgh
    Oct 14 - Moline & Milwaukee
    Aug 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    mr_canada wrote:
    KDH12 wrote:
    KDH12 wrote:
    I might have an extra PJ20 LP if someone wants to trade LP for print

anyone interested

Not to burst your bubble but you'll probably need to offer more than a $80-$125 vinyl. This poster is now selling for close to $500. If you do secure a trade then good for you. Good luck!

didn't realize it was selling for so much
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    received mine from Munk on Friday in Texas - 189 / 200 ... never did get a shipment notification ::shrug:: so happy to have this print, it really means the WORLD to me ;) the colours pop like woah!
    Dallas, TX: 7/5/98 | Dallas, TX: 10/17/00 | San Antonio, TX: 4/5/03 | Dallas, TX: 6/9/03 | Austin, TX: 10/4/09 | East Troy, WI: 9/3-9/4/11 | Chicago, IL: 7/19/13
  • Options
    rickprickp Posts: 219
    "AP 50/50" just arrived..

ap5050.jpg
    ap5050maxx.jpg
    ap5050munk.jpg

and yes, I'm very excited.
  • Options
    tem721tem721 Posts: 83
    gutlessgrl wrote:
    received mine from Munk on Friday in Texas - 189 / 200 ... never did get a shipment notification ::shrug:: so happy to have this print, it really means the WORLD to me ;) the colours pop like woah!
    Awesome! Glad you got it!!
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    50 of 50? What?
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    gutlessgrl wrote:

Mine should be arriving today in Dallas as well, I'm excited to get off work and see it!
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    50 of 50? What?

Yeah, what's that all about?
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    50 of 50? What?

I'm not trying to stir the pot, but that doesn't make sense.
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    JMo wrote:
    50 of 50? What?

Yeah I'm a little curious about it as well. A friend told me "AP" stands for "Artist's Print" (or proof?) and are usually the first prints. I sent Maxx an email asking about it so hopefully I hear something..
  • Options
    Maybe it was his way of making up a few orders that were on the verge of cancellation? Hmm...
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    JMo wrote:
    50 of 50? What?

From page 31 in this thread:
    https://www.facebook.com/MUNK.ONE.ART

A quick response to some questions from fans of the PJ20 print:

255 prints were signed total. 200 were sold between both artists on their sites. The other 50 are AP prints divided (25 each) between both the artist, we will send some of these AP'S directly to the band for generously allowing us to make the print. The last 5 went to the wonderful printer. The photos are of the same stack of 255 just moved around during the day as we signed them. Yes the stacks look tall because of the quality of paper. This small release of prints was coordinated by the artists as a fun project that hopefully the fans would enjoy, so congrats to those who got one! There is no plan to print any more at this time. These will be shipped Priority Mail via USPS so they should arrive by the before the 24th depending on your location but unfortunately there is no guarantee because of the xmas rush. Thanks for all the questions!

I guess rickp got one of the AP prints held back by the artists. Pretty sweet!
  • Options
    JMo wrote:
    Maybe it was his way of making up a few orders that were on the verge of cancellation? Hmm...

If that's the case then nicely done Maxx242 ! ! !
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options

255 prints were signed total. 200 were sold between both artists on their sites. The other 50 are AP prints divided (25 each) between both the artist, we will send some of these AP'S directly to the band for generously allowing us to make the print. The last 5 went to the wonderful printer. The photos are of the same stack of 255 just moved around during the day as we signed them. Yes the stacks look tall because of the quality of paper. This small release of prints was coordinated by the artists as a fun project that hopefully the fans would enjoy, so congrats to those who got one! There is no plan to print any more at this time. These will be shipped Priority Mail via USPS so they should arrive by the before the 24th depending on your location but unfortunately there is no guarantee because of the xmas rush. Thanks for all the questions!

That answers that!
  • Options
    rickp wrote:

That answers that!

That's awesome man! You are truly in the select few of the select few who got this print. :D
  • Options
    @rickp... what was your order number from Maxx.. I was order number 141 and got poster number 194 (because of him only having even numbers.. that is 3 posters from sell out)... so if you had order number 145-156.. it would make sense.

Anyway...got my poster (#194!) on Saturday and have already cut the mat and hung this bad boy up!
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    rolenrock wrote:
    @rickp... what was your order number from Maxx.. I was order number 141 and got poster number 194 (because of him only having even numbers.. that is 3 posters from sell out)... so if you had order number 145-156.. it would make sense.

Anyway...got my poster (#194!) on Saturday and have already cut the mat and hung this bad boy up!

Got pics you can post? My problem is finding wall space, I've got too much stuff and not enough room! Going to have to take some things down.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    Poster #142 from Maxx242 arrived today. I was order number 115 on my confirmation. Looks friggin awesome. I kinda like that my poster number and who I got if from are almost the same. 142 from 242. I'm kinda silly that way though. :D
  • Options
    Poster #142 from Maxx242 arrived today. I was order number 115 on my confirmation. Looks friggin awesome. I kinda like that my poster number and who I got if from are almost the same. 142 from 242. I'm kinda silly that way though. :D

Order 119 is 150/200. So, he is going in order. It is a sweet poster.

I like that I got a 0. I'm silly that way.... :D
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    received mine from maxx242 today. it looks like number 162...at least that's what the sticker says on the poster tube. i was order 126.
  • Options
    DK23DK23 Posts: 32
    Order 51, print 12/200... 8 away from 20, that would have been sweet. This is probably my holy grail, already took to have framed
  • Options
    DK23 wrote:
    Order 51, print 12/200... 8 away from 20, that would have been sweet. This is probably my holy grail, already took to have framed

Nice job! That is the lowest number reported so far I think.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    Just opened mine up...ordered from Maxx242 and got AP 36/50! I have no idea how or why that happened but I'm pretty excited!

By the way I was order 150.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,087
    Just opened mine up...ordered from Maxx242 and got AP 36/50! I have no idea how or why that happened but I'm pretty excited!

Whoa! Congrats man!!

The other 50 are AP prints divided (25 each) between both the artist, we will send some of these AP'S directly to the band for generously allowing us to make the print.
  • Options
    Anyone else still waiting for their maxx242 print? I've been clicking the USPS tracking link and it's said "Riverside, CA" for a week now. Should I be worried? I live in Denver, CO.
  • Options
    regalturbo wrote:
    Anyone else still waiting for their maxx242 print? I've been clicking the USPS tracking link and it's said "Riverside, CA" for a week now. Should I be worried? I live in Denver, CO.

Still waiting, but I think it can't be tracked outside US...
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...