Options

Print of PJ20 billboard!

Comments

• Options
    tem721tem721 Posts: 83
    holy cow, are my old eyes deceiving me or did one on ebay just go for close to $500?! wow is really all i can say

Yeah, EB shows it went for $494.95..
    Wow... :?
  • Options
    i want one, someone help me out... i got refunded when they oversold
  • Options
    StevieG73StevieG73 Dublin, Ireland and New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 448
    Indi4ence wrote:
    i want one, someone help me out... i got refunded when they oversold

Hate to say it, but if you really want this print there's one on the auction site at around $400 with the buy now option (and no it's not me)...at only 200 prints, they'll soon all have a permanent home.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2005 = Halifax, St. John's Night 1
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2011 = EV - Boston, PJ20 Night 1&2, Toronto
    2012 = EV - Orlando Night 1&2
    2013 = Chicago, Worcester Night 1
    2016 = Boston '16
  • Options
    Call me crazy, but I bet well over half of the 200 sold went to places that will never let them touch the market. I know once mine arrives it won't be leaving my possession. I mean you never know down the road if people need money etc., but I actually think that $495 could end up being a bargain for someone. I can't think of anything else currently in the Pearl Jam collection to compare it to. The limited nature, the connection to PJ20, and the fact that it was made at the event are all big time factors. I can't wait until mine arrives. I will have to wait until after Christmas though to get this bad boy framed. I mean there is only so much money you can spend on yourself before the holiday.
    Oct 00 - East Troy aka The Ice Bowl
    Apr 03 - Champaign
    Jun 03 - East Troy
    May 06 - Chicago
    Jun 06 - Summerfest 1 & 2
    Aug 09 - Chicago 1 & 2
    May 10 - Noblesville
    Sept 11 - PJ20 1 & 2
    July 13 - Wrigley
    Oct 13 - Pittsburgh
    Oct 14 - Moline & Milwaukee
    Aug 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    StevieG73 wrote:
    I think most of the flippers have gotten rid of theirs and now we are at the stage where you're gonna see them at insane prices from people that weren't originally going to sell. Another couple of weeks, this print is nowhere to be found.

It might take a little longer than that. Has everyone received theirs? Or did they go out in waves? I see Munk One got his out pretty quickly. Did Maxx ship all his too?

I imagine this print will be a solid $500 item.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    JMo wrote:
    StevieG73 wrote:
    I think most of the flippers have gotten rid of theirs and now we are at the stage where you're gonna see them at insane prices from people that weren't originally going to sell. Another couple of weeks, this print is nowhere to be found.

It might take a little longer than that. Has everyone received theirs? Or did they go out in waves? I see Munk One got his out pretty quickly. Did Maxx ship all his too?

My tracking number from Maxx says it is supposed to arrive today, so no, not everybody has theirs yet. Seems like you're right, these could go for around $500. Not mine, I'll be getting it framed and put up on the wall after xmas. :D
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:
    JMo wrote:
    StevieG73 wrote:

My tracking number from Maxx says it is supposed to arrive today, so no, not everybody has theirs yet. Seems like you're right, these could go for around $500. Not mine, I'll be getting it framed and put up on the wall after xmas. :D

I think once the dust settles and these are framed and on people's walls....rarely, if ever, will anyone take it down for $500.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2016 = Boston '16
  • Options
    I think once the dust settles and these are framed and on people's walls....rarely, if ever, will anyone take it down for $500.[/quote]

I think this may very well become a lot of people's Holy Grail. And I agree with you in that it will take a lot of cash to pry these out of people's hands. I see these being framed and proudly displayed by all that got one.

- Uncle Snuffy
    Soldier Field - Jul 11, 1995, Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 14, 1997,
    Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Stadium - Nov 15, 1997, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 26, 1998, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Jun 27, 1998, United Center - Jun 29, 1998, Riverport Amphitheatre - Jul 02, 1998, Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000, Assembly Hall - Apr 23, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003, Fox Theatre - Oct 05, 2004, United Center - May 16, 2006, United Center - May 17, 2006, United Center - Aug 23, 2009, United Center - Aug 24, 2009, Sprint Center - May 03, 2010, Scottrade Center - May 04, 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011
  • Options
    Call me crazy, but I bet well over half of the 200 sold went to places that will never let them touch the market. I know once mine arrives it won't be leaving my possession. I mean you never know down the road if people need money etc., but I actually think that $495 could end up being a bargain for someone. I can't think of anything else currently in the Pearl Jam collection to compare it to. The limited nature, the connection to PJ20, and the fact that it was made at the event are all big time factors. I can't wait until mine arrives. I will have to wait until after Christmas though to get this bad boy framed. I mean there is only so much money you can spend on yourself before the holiday.

This is spot on.

Like somebody said earlier in the thread, the $500 ones are probably people that didn't have have the intention to flip it. Money can be a real bitch some times. We all can admit that seeing something sell for that much money is kind of tempting, right? It's close to Christmas time and I shouldn't have spent the money on myself to begin with, and now I could really hook somebody up with some nice gifts from the profit.

That being said, I'll never sell mine. Like PurduePete said, I'm going to have to wait until after Christmas to frame it because funds just aren't there right now, and I usually get my stuff framed pretty quickly, but it is what it is. I personally love the feeling of opening up something that is so rare. Call me sick, but it's true haha.

I hate flippers as much as the next guy, but sometimes I can understand not being able to fight it when that much cash is being waved in your face.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • Options
    cowboypjfancowboypjfan Posts: 2,453
    $325 to anyone wanting to sell this to me 8-)
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320

Agreed. The only poster that is more of a Holy Grail than this one to me is the Dallas 98 poster. I would trade or sell this one to get the Dallas 98 poster but that's it. I should get mine in the mail today and can't wait to get home and see it!
  • Options
    This is spot on.
    I hate flippers as much as the next guy, but sometimes I can understand not being able to fight it when that much cash is being waved in your face.

That's how I felt when I got my PJ20 Deluxe Bluray Set.. Everyone can always use some "extra cash" especially before the holidays, I knew I would enjoy the movies as much as the next guy and way more than a flipper.. So, I've been waiting to open it and now I will do so on Christmas Eve while sipping on some Faithful while peeking at the soon to be framed PJ20 MunkOne.. :D
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    it's comical the struggle people go through to avoid admitting they're a flipper or a would be flipper

you either have a price or you don't

i hope we find out soon that munkone and maxx242 have a price and they're printing up a second batch of these puppies!! :)
  • Options
    tem721 wrote:
    So, I've been waiting to open it and now I will do so on Christmas Eve while sipping on some Faithful while peeking at the soon to be framed PJ20 MunkOne.. :D

Don't spill any beer on it! But if you do, I'll still buy it from you :lol:
  • Options
    it's comical the struggle people go through to avoid admitting they're a flipper or a would be flipper

Yeah man, It can be a thin line.. Especially after hearing my place of employment is going to cut 200 jobs within a month.. Times could be tough, but I won't sellout..
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    tem721 wrote:
    So, I've been waiting to open it and now I will do so on Christmas Eve while sipping on some Faithful while peeking at the soon to be framed PJ20 MunkOne.. :D

LOL!! Funny stuff! You're a dedicated fan, Beer stains and all, that's awesome, lol..
  • Options
    tem721 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:
    tem721 wrote:

LOL!! Funny stuff! You're a dedicated fan, Beer stains and all, that's awesome, lol..

It adds character :) If they sold these at the shows, it would have beer on it anyway! :lol:
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,887
    crazypjfan wrote:
    $325 to anyone wanting to sell this to me 8-)

There is one available "on a site where you find stuff like that" which has approx. your price..
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    #122 just arrived at my house, so awesome! Omg, prices on that other site are getting crazy, I wonder how high they will go?
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607

i hope we find out soon that munkone and maxx242 have a price and they're printing up a second batch of these puppies!! :)

these won't be reprinted.
  • Options
    kramer73 wrote:

The artists would be putting their credibility at risk by reprinting these. Imagine the people that dish out hundreds of dollars for one based on the artists statement that there are no reprints (and don't care about the signed and s/n) to see these for sale again later unsigned for $50.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2016 = Boston '16
  • Options
    StevieG73 wrote:
    kramer73 wrote:

The artists would be putting their credibility at risk by reprinting these. Imagine the people that dish out hundreds of dollars for one based on the artists statement that there are no reprints (and don't care about the signed and s/n) to see these for sale again later unsigned for $50.

That would be a slap in the face, but I would still be very happy with my $90 signed and numbered print.

Just checked my tracking number and mine is out for delivery :D
  • Options

That would be a slap in the face, but I would still be very happy with my $90 signed and numbered print.

I agree, but I don't think I would feel the same if I paid $500.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2016 = Boston '16
  • Options
    StevieG73 wrote:

Good point, that's very true.
  • Options
    StevieG73 wrote:

Why not? Some people view $500 as $100 ;)
  • Options
    crazypjfan wrote:
    StevieG73 wrote:

Good point
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2016 = Boston '16
  • Options
    StevieG73 wrote:
    crazypjfan wrote:

Good point

I'm certainly not one of those or I would just offer $500 to buy one of these damn things..
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    edited December 2011
    StevieG73 wrote:
    kramer73 wrote:

i know logic and history says they wont be reprinted

but

they DID NOT pimp these as "200 ONLY WILL EVA BE MADE!!! REALLY REALLY REALLY LIMITED EDITION, WILL NOT BE SOLD BY 10C"

shit... they said they weren't even sure they could sell the 200

all they have allegedly said is that there were no plans for more to be made... and this info came out 2nd hand ... possibly after they had all sold out (i say allegedly and 2nd hand because i couldn't find a tweet or post with this info... feel free to learn me)

why should the artist care about what goes on on ebay? they sold posters for $90. Nobody shelled out hundreds of dollars to them. if anything i bet ebay annoys them to no end...

i do know that todd slater reprinted his clerks print after being asked to do so by Kevin Smith -

ames bros has ap1, ap2, etc

so.... if the 10c comes a calling... it will be up to munkone and maxx242 as to what they want to do...

say the 10c decides they want to order 1,000 to sell unsigned on the site - do the artists turn down that money ?
    Post edited by PillowPants on
  • Options
    Received this print yesterday and HOLY SHIT IT IS SO FUCKING GORGEOUS! The ink and colors pop so much off the paper and the detail is fantastic. I'm a little bent that I framed up the PJ20 Hampton really nice with my picks and ticket stubs because I would have much rather included them with this print. Will still look fantastic on the wall. I can't wait to get it done!
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    StevieG73 wrote:
    kramer73 wrote:

i know logic and history says they wont be reprinted

but

they DID NOT pimp these as "200 ONLY WILL EVA BE MADE!!! REALLY REALLY REALLY LIMITED EDITION, WILL NOT BE SOLD BY 10C"

shit... they said they weren't even sure they could sell the 200

all they have allegedly said is that there were no plans for more to be made... and this info came out 2nd hand ... possibly after they had all sold out (i say allegedly and 2nd hand because i couldn't find a tweet or post with this info... feel free to learn me)

why should the artist care about what goes on on ebay? they sold posters for $90. Nobody shelled out hundreds of dollars to them. if anything i bet ebay annoys them to no end...

i do know that todd slater reprinted his clerks print after being asked to do so by Kevin Smith -

ames bros has ap1, ap2, etc

so.... if the 10c comes a calling... it will be up to munkone and maxx242 as to what they want to do...

say the 10c decides they want to order 1,000 to sell unsigned on the site - do the artists turn down that money ?

Definitely can't disagree with you...bottom line is anything is possible.
    2000 = Montreal 
    2003 = Montreal
    2008 = NYC Night 1, 
    2010 = Boston
    2016 = Boston '16