*** Cincinnati Fanviews 6/24 Here ***

Comments

• PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Here is a quick video I put together for the Cincy CCFA Fundraiser.

Thanks to Fanch for the extra photos.

Enjoy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7lL2qYM_pG8

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • JLFJLF Posts: 10
    JoePJrocks wrote:
    Holy shit this boot freakin rocks - what a great show - they really did do a good job of inserting insane crowd noise (for those few, or maybe one guy, who had the audacity to say the crowd was lame)

Here! Here! I know I heard myself squeal from the audience when The Long Road started. : )
    Bummer, only one so far --> 6/24/06. It was the best though -- Cincy rocks!
    Add a second --> 6/14/08. Bonnaroooooo! Outstandingly and I was Lucky Enough to be There!
  • JLFJLF Posts: 10
    On the contrary, I was thinking that it sounded great. I know that the guitar and drop parts come through great as well. I love the boot...makes me want to do it all over again.

I agree with you about the breaks...I would like it to flow a little better so it is like one smooth concert.

But I'll tell you...I don't here the crowd singing, cheering, or getting into it at all ;-)

They must have played to an empty arena :-)

I downloaded the FLAK and play it on WinAmp and the flow has no breaks until I create mp3's and play on my Ipod.
    Bummer, only one so far --> 6/24/06. It was the best though -- Cincy rocks!
    Add a second --> 6/14/08. Bonnaroooooo! Outstandingly and I was Lucky Enough to be There!
  • Foxy Mop wrote:

Sweet! I'm so glad you have that picture of me and my sis- I got so carried away, I forgot to take any that night! Thanks to you and patrickredeyes for your help with the scrapbook! It was great meeting you!!
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    JLF wrote:
    Did any of you see the Paste Magazine 100 Best Living Songwriters? Mr. Robert Pollard is number 78 on the list that is topped by Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen.

Wow, I didn't think the concert could be any better but now I guess Paste Magazine has taken care of that.

Congratulations Bob Pollard.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/action/article?article_id=3003

Hey... they're missing someone :(
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • AbnerielAbneriel Posts: 109
    JLF wrote:
    I downloaded the FLAK and play it on WinAmp and the flow has no breaks until I create mp3's and play on my Ipod.
    flacs are lossless, while mp3s store the info between tracks creating a pause

there's nothing that can be done with the mp3s except possibly crossfading each track for 1 second to see if that takes out the blips :(
    www.myspace.com/abneriel
  • Nice Pics, it is great to refresh my memorie of the BEST SHOW SO FAR. I also can't stop listening to the Boot....WOW I am still amazed by the energy from the show.
  • WickedJeremyWickedJeremy Posts: 229
    Thanks guys for linking those pics for us...I didn't have a camera and my cell phone, well HA! I snapped a few with it, but they look like a microscopic view of a neon martian bacteria.

I forget which one of you posted it, but that stage-wide pic with the lights way up at the top is AWESOME! Pro quality shot, it'll be on my desktop for a while.

Thanks again...
    -Jeremy
  • pjchickiepjchickie Posts: 13
    Thanks for all the pics
    "I'm just trying to get into heaven, I'm not running for Jesus." - Homer Simpson
  • I went back and looked at the pics and I noticed that Mike changed his shirt...he started out wearing a "UFO" sleeveless, but, later pictures show him wearing a plain black shirt.

Weird :)

(That show kicked ASS!)
    ~A compliment for us, is a compliment for you.~

• Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    The encore of this show is SICK. Extended jams all around, crowd energy through the roof. IF you don't have this show GET IT!
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,478
    fuck
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    can't stop listening to the boot either

cincy kicked ass
    Nice shirt.
    can't stop listening to the boot either

cincy kicked ass
    yield songs never sounded so good..............hehe
    yield songs never sounded so good..............hehe

i enjoyed the new songs too

and the crowd was amazing...
    Nice shirt.
    i enjoyed the new songs too

and the crowd was amazing...
    cincy sucked monkey balls............
    cincy sucked monkey balls............

the band was in top form

cincy was epic
    Nice shirt.
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    I am very glad I took the road trip to see them in Cincy. This show most definatley KICKED ASS!!!!
  • IGotShit24IGotShit24 Posts: 68
    Wow, it's about 1 month later and I finally found some time to reflect on these shows. This was the 9th PJ show I'd seen and 5th of the tour. And I think everyone who atteneded agrees this wasn't the best setlist, but it was definitely the best crowd I've seen. Probly even better than Philly. The energy of every single person in the building was insane, no matter where they were sitting. I took 4 friends who'd never seen PJ before and now 3 of them are diehards. I had such a great time at this show, even though I expected rareities and whatnot. I highly reccomend giving this show a listen and I'm shocked at how great Cincy's crowd was, awesome show!
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    Yeah, everyone was in a fantastic mood that night. I loved the fact that ppl started throwing parachutes up on the stage trying to get the band to play "Parachutes"!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • IGotShit24IGotShit24 Posts: 68
    Still couldn't believe they didn't play it, not too sure why. If you look at that setlist there were very few slow songs, a pretty rockin show overall.
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    this was my last show of the tour. I'm still missing it now, just wanted to see who else had thier last show of the tour in cincy? Anyone still bummed about it being over?
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Was my first and last show of the tour...I was seriously bummed that I only got to see tham once. :(
    ~A compliment for us, is a compliment for you.~

• Cwalker44Cwalker44 Posts: 2
    This was my first Pearl Jam concert...it was my first PJ concert mostly because I'm only 20 years old and I usually don't live very close to many of their tour cities, but Cincinnati was only 4 hours away. It was an awesome show and I can't wait to see them live again. Apparently, I witnessed one of the most lively crowds of the tour, so that's pretty cool. My favorite song of the night was "Better Man/Save It for Later" followed closely by "Alive."

It was cool for me to hear "Alive" in person for a couple reasons. One reason is that, like most of you, I grew up with that song. My dad would play it when I was 5 or 6 years old and it has always been a favorite. When I got to college at Murray State University I joined the Sigma Chi fraternity and soon found out that our chapter has tradition of playing "Alive" to close out every party we have. I had no idea that this was a tradition before I went to school there. When we play it all the brothers come together and just rock out in our basement, which is the party room. They like to replace the lyrics "I'm still alive" with "I'm a Sigma Chi", but I still sing the original. Anyway, Cincinnati was a kick ass show and I look forward to seeing them in concert again.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Cwalker44 wrote:
    Murray State University

Glad to see another West Ky poster on the board.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • fuck cincy............
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i thought it was awesome and i do have a good ear.

no, speedy, no.... lol
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    long road was a great opener

cincy rocked...
    Nice shirt.