*** Cincinnati Fanviews 6/24 Here ***

Comments

• I just wanted to say "Fucking hey, PJ you rocked the US Bank Arena". Starting out with Long Road was just awesome. This was my first PJ concert as I have only been a true fan for about 2 years now. I will post my life altering change on another thread.......Thank you Thank you Thank you guys for the greatest show ever!
    all the pictures had all been washed in black, tattooed everything...
  • Royals17Royals17 Posts: 91
    Best seats I've had at ANY concert let alone PJ. My wife and I were 3rd row (which was the first row) side stage on Mike's side vs. all the way at the other end of the arena in Cleveland...that made ALL the difference. Best show of the 9 I've seen in large part due to the seats.

Can I just say: Mike is freaking hillarious!! Pointing at everyone all show long and thanking each person he made eye contact with...killer. Matt was freaking into it big time too.

I'm not even pissed about the dude next to me that caught the tamborine from Mike just before I was about to snag it; my wife was pissed, this dude kept asking if the songs he didnt know were off the "new album", I'm not even sure he knew WWS. The best was when someone told him he better hide it under his shirt and dude said nobody in here is big enough to take this thing from me, so I gave it a little tug and he says except maybe you and proceeded to tell me how much he benched, LMFAO, I said "not bad"...dude was a trip...kept saying "I don't know how I do it?" I told my wife I couldn't help but like the guy cuz he was into the show and was jammin right along every chance he could...if only his high maintenance looking girlfriend was standing next to me during the tamborine throw... oh well, bygones.

Props to my poor wife who only had one beer at 7PM cuz she knew our 4 month old was going to be hungry at 2AM when we got back to Cbus.

Why do I keep missing out on Marker? damn. Also, I think Ed got pissed when I yelled bullshit after he said "its ok to dream" in reference to PJ playing Parachutes...wtf, I had to let him know how bad we all wanted it.

Indifference definitely would have taken this show to another level
    edwho and I were in 126 as well and we were on the other side of that guy who caught the tamborine. We thought the same thing that you did, that how could this guy with his girlfriend who disappeared for awhile during the show be the guy who caught the tamborine. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!
    98: Barrie
    00: Nawlins, Saratoga, Tor, Det, Phx
    01: Bridge
    03: Raleigh, Char, Buf, Det x2, Tor, Mont
    05: T-Bay, Kit, Lon, Ham, Tor
    06: Tor x2, Clev, Cin, Arnhem, Honolulu x2
    07: Vic, Lolla, Tor(EV) Body of War
    08: Van(EV) x2, Hart, Bos x2, Tor(EV) x2
    09: Tor
    10: Jazz Fest, Clev, Buf
    11: Det(EV), Tor x2, Ham
    12: FLL(EV)
    13: Pit, Buf, Cal
    14: Det, Den
    15: NYC
  • newpjfannewpjfan Posts: 2
    Cinci was my very first PJ show, and I'm still speechless. What a fucking way to get my cherry popped!!! The very best rock show I have ever seen!!! Being a new fan they played several songs I didn't know very well, but the energy/vibe was so unbelievable, it totally didn't matter to me if I knew the words or not, I could feel the songs!! Plus I got to experience all of it with my awesome BF!!! It was his 5th show! One of the MANY highlights was walking away with one of Mike McCready's guitar picks! I'm official converted, and I can't wait to see them again!
  • pipedreamspipedreams Posts: 99
    I was in section 104, near the bottom, and thought that the sound was bad there. I couldn't understand Ed, couldn't hear Mikey really well, heard the crowd over the music a lot. The band was fantastic- the most energy I have ever seen in them. I saw some songs that I hadn't seen before (this was #13 for me). Overall, I thought it was a great show, but for the first 5-6 songs, the sound sucked. Is there anyone out there who thought the same thing? About the sound, that is?

I was in row F of section 102 and I agree 100% about the sound. I think the drum solo in Even Flow wasn't planned and gave the sound crew a chance to figure out what was wrong with the sound - especially Mike's guitar.
    PJ Cincy 00, Lex 03, Columbus 03, Hershey 03, Benaroya 03, Boston 9/28/04, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, St.L 04, Asheville 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Hamilton 05, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Philly 05, Chicago I & II 06, Cincy 06, Las Vegas 06, SD 06, EV LA2 08, Columbia 08, Camden I & II 08
  • JLFJLF Posts: 10
    I thought the sound was terrible...maybe it was my ears,

We were in section 136 and the sound was absolutely awful. The 2 couples around us left early because of the sound at our seats. Hopefully they found a better area. I swear it wasn't us that ran them off.

I have to tell you though, The Long Road, was unfuckingbelievable. I was so touched by that song when played at the 9/11 Concert. It was just awesome to hear it live in concert in the same room that I was in. That song alone made the concert for me. Fortunately the sound on The Long Road was great too.

My hope is that the downloaded concert will sound much better. This was my first, but not last, PJ concert.

The crowd was awesome to watch.
    Bummer, only one so far --> 6/24/06. It was the best though -- Cincy rocks!
    Add a second --> 6/14/08. Bonnaroooooo! Outstandingly and I was Lucky Enough to be There!
  • JLFJLF Posts: 10
    merlin401 wrote:
    I've only been to 1 3 encore show (Holmdel) and the lights were on I believe. I actually stopped cheering and started walking out about 10 seconds before they came back and backtracked to my seats lol. I never saw that either but yes, it did happen. You guys coulda had it too!

My husband and I would have stuck it out for a few more hours but so much of the crowd left I don't think there was a chance if they had seen the flood that they would have come out.
    Bummer, only one so far --> 6/24/06. It was the best though -- Cincy rocks!
    Add a second --> 6/14/08. Bonnaroooooo! Outstandingly and I was Lucky Enough to be There!
  • mozman88mozman88 Posts: 38
    I thought the crowd stuck with it a little bit. I even made the comment to my wife that you don't usually see a crowd stick around this long and cheer. Persoanlly, I've never seen them come back once the lights come up, especially once the pre-recorded music comes on. Anybody else?

-Jeremy
    I thought the crowed stayed at it long enough to warrant a 3rd encore....I gave up as soon as the house lights came on....The lights weren't out long enough to get the crowd fired up.

On a side note: Eddie walked by me with a tamborine and I was prepared to bust my face on cement to catch it! Is that wrong?

2000 - Indianapolis(8/18)
    2003 - Champaign(4/23), Indianapolis(6/22),
    Columbus(6/24), Hershey(7/12)
    2006 - Chicago (5/16), Chicago (5/17), Cincinnati (6/24)
    2007 - Vic -Chicago (8/2), Lollapalooza - Chicago (8/5)
  • Golden80Golden80 Posts: 1
    This was my first Pearl Jam show I've ever been to, and the show was great. I will however say that I won't be getting floor seats again unless I get something very close to the stage. I'm at a slight height disadvantage being only about 5'4", while everybody around, and in front of me, appeared to be L.A. Lakers. I saw little to none of the band. Lesson learned. The show made up for my crappy seat though. I like how the band varies each setlist for most shows. Present Tense was my favorite performance of the night, followed closely by Alive and Inside Job. The Who covers have become a staple for a lot of bands that play at the arena, but Pearl Jam does it better. I would've loved to of heard Ledbetter, but Baba O'Riley was a good show-ender. The opening act was kind of mmyeah. Anyways, just thought I'd give my little opinion.
  • GOD! I couldn't agree with you more about the people with the fing cameras. I'm short so I already have to stand on my tiptoes just to see the tops of the band members heads. When ten people in front of me have their digital camera two feet over their heads videotaping the show, it can get REALLY annoying. And you are right about the sound for sure. It was awful and my ears are still ringing (which is starting to scare me a little). As far as Ed sounding whiney. I believe it was DTE that Ed's voice sounded REALLY weird. It was after he had a couple of voice drops and I don't know if he took it up a notch because he was losing his voice or what but the pitch really changed and sounded kinda funny. Still awesome anyway!
    strummer wrote:
    Thought it was a great show...setlist is a little deceiving because they played a lot of songs with extended jams. No need to rehash the nights events. Some complaints:

I thought the sound was terrible...maybe it was my ears, but Ed's voice sounded like a high pitched whine all night. I don't know if the excessive reverb Robert Pollard was using was tied in anyway, but just didn't sound good. The gain on Mike's guitar was way, way higher than Stone's and that got to be annoying at times. Did anyone else pick up on any of this or is it just me? I haven't seen anything on here about the sound. I was at the Philly show and it was a whole lot better...then again maybe being outdoors had something to do with that.

Concertgoers...jumping around like an idiot is fine, rather encouraged, but the 5th time you fall into my lap I start to get a little pissed. Secondly, enough with the phone/camera video recording...I didn't come to the show to stare at the back of your hand. Thirdly, seat jumpers...it's distracting as hell to watch little assholes sneaking in and out of seats in order to get closer. Find a seat and stay there.
    Who made up, made up the myth
    that we were born to be covered in bliss?
    who set the standard, born to be rich?
    such fine examples, skinny little bitch
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
    get some flesh to stick, so they look like us
    i shit and i stink, i'm real, join the club
  • Hey! It was awesome to meet you too and I was totally excited when you guys won that poster. I knew it would be extra special considering your great experience there. Maybe we can hook up at future concerts! You'll have to send me some pics after you get the poster framed. Take care!
    I just wanted to say that, yes, the show was incredible! I also want to acknowledge the organizers of the CCFA benefit. The location was perfect. Living in NC, we never get Arrogant Bastard or Stone IPA, and having it on tap was a dream come true! It was so cool to meet the people who donated the Lexington,KY poster which we eventually won. My husband freaked out when I bought $20 worth of raffle tickets, but since we won something it turned out okay. It was especially cool because we were at the Lexington show and it still stands out in my mind as one of the best shows ever. We met some incredible people and reconnected with "old" friends. Then to have the show be fucking awesome, well that was just too much. It was especially poignant when Ed acknowledged Brian. A lot of work has gone into keeping his story in the forefront when many assume that after this length of time Brian will not be found alive. I hope for his family's sake this is not the case. At the very least, I hope they find answers. The not-knowing must be torment.

My only complaint was with the venue employee who was "guarding" the aisle right next to us. He kept telling my husband to step back into the row (since we were on the aisle), but let people stand 4-deep in front of us. I think he was trying to get laid, because he seemed to be letting attractive girls get away with anything! Oh well, we ignored that minor irritation and rocked out until I thought my brains were going to end up on the floor! As my best friend advised, i was ready to gently scoop them up, preserve them in beer, and take them to the nearest hospital for reimplantation after the show.

4 weeks until the Gorge!!!!
    Who made up, made up the myth
    that we were born to be covered in bliss?
    who set the standard, born to be rich?
    such fine examples, skinny little bitch
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
    get some flesh to stick, so they look like us
    i shit and i stink, i'm real, join the club
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    Maybe I was just drunk but I thought the sound was spot on.
  • shermsherm Posts: 708
    Gremmie95 wrote:

I didn't really notice a problem with the sound either. I thougth it was an awesome show. I enoyed the setlist also.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • WickedJeremyWickedJeremy Posts: 229
    I'm not a sound technician but I play on on TV and I thought the sound was on the high end of things. I was just up from stage left. I think I was in the line of fire of the tweaters. But I'm not complaining! This was the best night I've had in 2 years! See ya at Summerfest!
    -Jeremy
  • Gremmie95 wrote:
    it really depends where you are in these places- in sec 114 it was crystal clear perfect, but we had a speaker right on top of us- Some of these shows we've had to move around because the sound really did suck in spots.

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • jeffpjfanjeffpjfan Posts: 9
    This was my third Pearl Jam show. It was amazing. I really wish they would have done the last encore (indifference/yellow). That would have really put it over the top.

I actually caught the tambourine that Mike threw into the crowd. Pretty cool.
    Just not sure what to do with it now. I wonder if I could get Ed to sign it.

Can't wait to see them next year.
  • bosley311bosley311 Posts: 1
    I am surprised no one has mentioned the drum solo. M.C. never takes a solo! And we got to witness it in cincy!!!! I was pretty tipsy and I could never forget that!!!!
    by the way this is my first post and my 14th year as a PJ FAN
  • MrFadedGloryMrFadedGlory Posts: 207
    Royals17 wrote:
    edwho and I were in 126 as well and we were on the other side of that guy who caught the tamborine. We thought the same thing that you did, that how could this guy with his HM girlfriend who disappeared for awhile during the show be the guy who caught the tamborine. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!

yeh, you know what I'm talkin about; thing is, I really could have reached out like a defensive back and made a clean pick like one of those old fat chicks at a wedding trying to catch the bouquet (and my wife knew it too), but it was heading right toward him and I just didnt want to be a dick ya know?

I also don't know how people leave during the show...I took a total Austin Powers whiz when it was over.

What did you think about the sound? I think there must have been a bad spot on the other side of the arena cuz only thing I noticed was a couple of times where there was some screeetching feedback but they seemed to correct it right away.

Also noticed you are from Toronto; I was at the 2nd night last September and thought it was an awesome show...were you there?
    Left the Porch
    jeffpjfan wrote:
    This was my third Pearl Jam show. It was amazing. I really wish they would have done the last encore (indifference/yellow). That would have really put it over the top.

I actually caught the tambourine that Mike threw into the crowd. Pretty cool.
    Just not sure what to do with it now. I wonder if I could get Ed to sign it.

Can't wait to see them next year.

dude, that was you? LMAO. PM me next time you are in cbus we'll hit the gym and grab a beer.
    Left the Porch
    Hey Royals17. Hopefully when you refer to my wife as HM that's a good thing or else I may have a problem.

Jealousy is a friend of the devil.
  • lindzlindz Posts: 1
    drove into cincy at about 4:00 p.m. got our room downtown, went to the will-call and got tickets, had three beers at the in between across from the arena. went to the arena bought two beers, ed came out and sang the kids are alright, could tell it was going to be a special night. pollard i thought was great, will definatley try see him again. the first set was amazing and the crowd was great. in between the first and second set the guy with the canadian flag next to me set down and lit a joint, so i sat next to him, and smoked about three hits, (mistake). laced with something, missed the second set, couldn't stand, was ice cold and covered with sweat, at first thought i was dying, kept having rushes and was tryin to figure a way out but couldn't walk, fought the whole second set finally able to stand for third set. waited until they made us leave and made it back to hotel. was up to about 6 in the morning, drove home barely, two days to wear off. the most stupid move i ever made. best to worst in about five minutes.
  • Royals17Royals17 Posts: 91
    yeh, you know what I'm talkin about; thing is, I really could have reached out like a defensive back and made a clean pick like one of those old fat chicks at a wedding trying to catch the bouquet (and my wife knew it too), but it was heading right toward him and I just didnt want to be a dick ya know?

I also don't know how people leave during the show...I took a total Austin Powers whiz when it was over.

What did you think about the sound? I think there must have been a bad spot on the other side of the arena cuz only thing I noticed was a couple of times where there was some screeetching feedback but they seemed to correct it right away.

Also noticed you are from Toronto; I was at the 2nd night last September and thought it was an awesome show...were you there?
    I thought about jumping in there as well for the tamborine, but probably would have killed myself at the same time. The reality is it wasn't coming for me and so sadly it wasn't meant to be. Jealousy breeds comtempt for the person who did in fact get it. But what can you do except say congratulations. There is always the next show for me.
    I thought the sound was okay not great. I had a hard time hearing Ed clearly and I did notice the feedback. All in All though it was a great show with lots of enrgy and too bad about 3rd encore that almost was.
    The Toronto show in September was great. It was a real treat with all the U2 references and Bono joining them on stage, however the Toronto 2 show on May 10 this year was really really good.
    98: Barrie
    00: Nawlins, Saratoga, Tor, Det, Phx
    01: Bridge
    03: Raleigh, Char, Buf, Det x2, Tor, Mont
    05: T-Bay, Kit, Lon, Ham, Tor
    06: Tor x2, Clev, Cin, Arnhem, Honolulu x2
    07: Vic, Lolla, Tor(EV) Body of War
    08: Van(EV) x2, Hart, Bos x2, Tor(EV) x2
    09: Tor
    10: Jazz Fest, Clev, Buf
    11: Det(EV), Tor x2, Ham
    12: FLL(EV)
    13: Pit, Buf, Cal
    14: Det, Den
    15: NYC
    Faded Glory

Just caught your first message. Hilarious. My wife is not going to be happy about the high maintenence crack but she'll get over it. You would have had a good shot at the tambourine if you really wanted it but Royals didn't have a prayer.

Anyway I had a blast at the show.
    jeffpjfan wrote:
    Faded Glory

Just caught your first message. Hilarious. My wife is not going to be happy about the high maintenence crack but she'll get over it. You would have had a good shot at the tambourine if you really wanted it but Royals didn't have a prayer.

Anyway I had a blast at the show.

Dood, I just read the "I have Eddie's tambourine" thread...I think the people that didnt read my post got the wrong idea...I know we all had a good time and I could tell you were the kind of guy that would give that thing to his diehard buddy, told my wife you were a good dude. I shouldn't have said that shit about the PJ songs even if I didn't mean anything by it; bygones? I guess I was just somehow trying to lay the ground work leading up to your bench press comment...my buddies wouldn't let me hear the end of it if I told someone how much I bench at a concert so I had to show you some love for that one.

My apologies to your wife, but how else do you describe a hot chick who's dressed like she has dinner reservations? I didn't say she "acted" high maintenance, besides I was just trying to say that if she was standing next to me instead of you like she was earlier that I would have scored the catch...you know what I mean cuz you were there. She looked cool, she'll get over it.

Anyway, enough damage control...I owe you beers if you come my way.

Keep it real bra. btw, I keep saying to my wife " I don't know how I do it" I'm in tears over that!
    Left the Porch
    No need to apoligize, I was getting free alcohol at the show that night so I was a bit drunk. I think that had something to do with the bench amount. I am not some stupid meat head that runs around talking about shit like that.

If I knew your wife wanted the tambourine that bad, I would have given it to her, well maybe not. LOL.

Maybe we'll get together in Buckeye country for a beer one day. Have a good one.

Later
    Tambourine man
  • Great show--especially for a dad taking his almost five year old daughter to her first concert--she attended as a fan and has wanted to go for a while. Thanks to everyone in the center section of rows 2 and 3 on the floor(especially JH for holding her in the second row for both encores) for making it a safe/fun place to be. I was enjoying being there watching her sing and take everything in--hoping she would get some acknowledgement from the band. When she moved up and row and could be seen, every band member gave her either a smile or a wave (including two from EV). My wife was in non 10C seats on the side watching it all unfold and we were in disbelief when at the end of show Ed pointed her out and passed her his tamborine--it is a night my wife and I will never forget and she will always remember--Thank You Pearl Jam/10 Club/ Fans. P.S. if any one has any photos of this please contact me--thanks.
  • JoePJrocksJoePJrocks Posts: 24
    jeffpjfan wrote:
    No need to apoligize, I was getting free alcohol at the show that night so I was a bit drunk. I think that had something to do with the bench amount. I am not some stupid meat head that runs around talking about shit like that.

If I knew your wife wanted the tambourine that bad, I would have given it to her, well maybe not. LOL.

Maybe we'll get together in Buckeye country for a beer one day. Have a good one.

Later
    Tambourine man

Free beer and margaritas thanks to Gina O. - Who's pitching for the Reds tonight?
    Milton is going for the reds and he has his legs back.
  • osbornejlosbornejl Posts: 2
    grace6697 wrote:
    it was a cover. i also can't remember but it was a cover by the ramones.
    What a Wonderful World was the Ramones cover Saturday night when we missed a third encore.
    I need to give it up to the great people in Section 116 side stage. I was a bit skeptical about sitting in this area, but I was not disappointed. You guys rocked! After warning all of those in the immediate area that I would be losing my shit during the show, I soon found out that I was in good company.

I will say this for the setlist. I knew as I listened to the show that the setlist would look pretty bland to those who weren't there, but fuck that. The boys were completely on last night, the crowd was nuts, and those that I met were incredible. I think that too often we get so hooked on "quantity" over "quality," and that is easy to do, but I must say that, for the most part, this was one of the cleanest performances I've seen of them in some time.
    I was there rockin' it in 116 too...Up front!!

Gremmie95 wrote:
    I'm right there with you....the only bad sound was my singing on the short video clip I took ;)