*** Cincinnati Fanviews 6/24 Here ***

edwhoedwho Posts: 811
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
~

Ed Pre-Set: The Kids Are Alright

Pearl Jam Set List: Long Road, Save You, Hail Hail, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Unemployable, Even Flow, Love Boat Captain, Gone, Green Disease, Not For You / (Modern Girl), Present Tense, Lukin, Whipping, Do The Evolution, Life Wasted

1st Encore: Wishlist / (Love Is Stronger Than Witchcraft), Better Man / (Save It For Later), Inside Job, Crazy Mary, Rearviewmirror

2nd Encore: Comatose, Leash, Alive, Baba O'Riley

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Early set list from Blackredyellow.com

Set list source: tenclub.net

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PJChuckPJChuck Posts: 26
    Im gonna keep this short since its 3:15. The crowd was AMAZIN. This was #9 for me and it was the best crowd Ive ever witnessed. The Band's Energy level was excellent. Much better than Cleveland last month. With those two things combined I was a little disappointed with the overall out come. 26 songs (including Lukin). Nothing really out of the ordinary. And it was the first time theyve played Cincy in 6 years. Honestly, the crowd and me deserved a little better. But still, I loved it, It falls 2nd to only State College 03 as best PJ show ever witnessed by me.
    All Hail the Lucky Ones I refer to those in Love!
  • Just got back to Columbus from the Cinci show! The show was excellent! I was pretty impressed with Robert Pollard too. I kinda wish I could get mp3's of Pollard and his bands performance from tonight. I do own one Guided by Voices album (1999's "Do the Collapse") but after hearing Pollard live I really regretted not getting into his band "Guided by Voices" more when they were still together. Especially me being in Ohio. Anyone have Pollard's set list?? Eddie sang with him briefly on his last song. Pollard also joing PJ at the end for Baba O'Reilly.

My fan club seats were great. Floor, 3rd row, center section (just right of center). Which is great since that is the only show it looks like I will be going to on this tour. I felt bad for my friend next to me since there was this huge dude that was at least 6'5" that came in and sat/stood right in front of him.

Some amusing bits with Eddie wiping is ass with Rolling Stone. It was also cool that Eddie mentioned the guy that went missing in Columbus, Ohio back in April.

Great show, the volume I thought was just right. Not too loud (unlike the Kitchener, ON show last year that was deafening). My ears aren't ringing too bad.
    George

Toldeo, OH 9-22-96 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 8-26-98 | Columbus, OH 8-21-00 | Cleveland, OH 4-25-03 | Columbus, OH 6-24-03 | Kitchener, ON 9-11-05 | London, ON 9-12-05 | Hamilton, ON 9-13-05 | Cincinnati, OH 6-24-06
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i'm going to keep this short too (for now). i thought the show was great because of the energy of the band and the crowd. for that alone, i thought it was killer. eddie was funny as hell and i'm not being mean, but i have never seen him wipe out like that... i wasn't that disappointed about yield songs, because no code is tied with yield on my list. i was hoping for something extra, but i'm not sure what it would be.. the show was excellent. songs like hail, hail, save you, not for you, present tense,whipping, rear view mirror,corduroy, will never get old with me.. and long road as an opener was wonderful.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Kevin WilsonKevin Wilson Posts: 333
    What a great night it was!!! Crazy mary had to be the fucking best i have ever hear them play when boom just fuckin tore it up!!! Then mike fucking capping it off!! WOW!! What a treat. Then all of a sudden they drop the leash in ciny!!! HAH! This was my second show on this tour , I also went to cleveland and that was a great show, I can't really rank them because in my mind they are all great. Each night is special in its own way and I happen to be one of those people who enjoy hearing more than just the same old shit off of the 1st 3 albums that get radio play! Ya hear me squawking? Can't wait till they come back around to maybe lexington or lousville maybe tenessee in the spring??? I really hope so! PEACE!!!
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.
  • manic mindmanic mind Posts: 84
    The place shook! The crowd was amazing and the guys thanked us for the great welcome. We took our kids with us to the show and they rocked out and loved it. I had fan club seats but they weren't floor, they were actually side stage (which was good cause we could see alot better). I loved the R.S. fuck you part. Ed said they did the mag cause they were supposed to put the whole band on the cover, but R.S. kept bugging them and asking them if they could just put "that singer guy" on the cover and he said "No, Fuck you! We're a band and we have been for 16 years" I also loved when they played Leash and he said they weren't being bullied or pressured into playing the song, they were just playing it cause it felt appropriate. OH, and to the guy with the Play The Kids are Alright sign...Ha! Ha! That was funny when he said "I did play it asshole at 7:30." OH and ED, Way to finally catch on to the meaning of the crowd throwing Parachutes. Took you long enough to figure that one out! Robert Pollard was good too! Great show!
    Sold to Pearl Jam at birth!
  • EPhi1430EPhi1430 Posts: 33
    The show was great, this is my second show of this tour (cleveland) and I have to say I enjoyed this one more because the overall energy was amazing. There were a few sad parts, LBC was played cause ed says to was almost 6 years ago since "it" happened. Then he talked about a missing OH guy. What stole the show for me was Not For You, Long Road, Crazy Mary and of course Leash. This was the first show where I was on the side where I could not see the band faces, but McCready really rocked our side. Again, if I had to score it I would give it a 9 because there could have made maybe one or two songs that put it over the edge and made it a perfect show. No worries, still it was PJ and it was rockin....oh, there was a guy who had a T-shirt right in the front on that said I love Boobs, I thought it was funny.
    Thats okay man, cause I love Frogs

Shows:
    7/2/98 8/18/00 8/20/00 8/21/00 4/21/03(Home town) 4/25/00 - cancelled:( 6/19/03 6/22/03 10/2/04 10/6/04
  • There really aren't any appropriated adjectives to convey the greatness of this show. Granted, this was only my 4th Pearl Jam live experience, but I can't imagine it gets much better. The crowd was like a rolling wave of energy, and the band really seemed to feed off of it.

There were a couple of very special and somber moments when the crowd quieted to appreciate the magnitude of what Eddie was trying to express. The first was when Eddie acknowledged the events that occurred in that very building, US Bank Arena (formerly Riverfront Coliseum), when The Who experienced a tragedy similar to what happened at that fated Pearl Jam show in Denmark back in 2000. Those of us native to Cincinnati, even the people who were not even alive at the time of The Who show, can really appreciate the sentiment of what Eddie was trying to convey on behalf of the band.

The second moment was when Eddie stopped the show to speak to everyone about Brian Shaffer's disappearance. His concern seemed very heartfelt and genuine, and it just added to the overall experience of last night's show.

The set list was very good. I made myself refrain from going to the early posting of the sets, because personally I like to be surprised. Yield was not well represented, and I really wanted to hear Army Reserve, but other than that the song selection was strong. I got chills when Eddie let the crowd sing Better Man. He just stepped back from the mic, and let us roll with it.

One word: Boom. This was my first live show since Boom started playing the live shows. Holy shit. He absolutely ripped it apart on Crazy Mary. Eddie said it was Boom's first time in Cincinnati, and he certainly did not disappoint. Much to the chagrin of my wife, I actually started dancing, albeit without any semblance of rhythm or style. Then Mike went over and stood next to the keyboard rig and he and Boom were trading musical blows like a symphonic Frasier vs. Ali.

Again, I don't have much of a reference point, other than the boots of other shows I have purchased, but it was the best live music experience of my 29+ years.

I'll be checking for the post of the bootleg all day.
  • This show was number 6 for my husband and I.

First of all, it was special to me because it was my brother's first show in 6 years. He was in the Navy for awhile and missed their last tour. We always used to go together, so going without him was tough--last night it was all back to normal.

The Pre-set "The Kids are Alright" performance (just proof you should always get to a PJ show early as not to be called an asshole by Eddie later) :-)

Opening with "Long Road" was so great--that song is outstanding anyway, so what a great way to start the night.

Their variety of songs--old, new, rarities...nicely done.

The light effects in RVM (much like MSG night 1).

The DISCO BALL!

Ack...I am rambling...okay, bottom line is that the energy in that arena was amazing. I haven't felt anything like that since MSG 2003. Hardly anyone was sitting down (except for the kid who was passed out behind us), and EVERYONE was singing. I couldn't help myself...

Thank you, thank you, thank you PEARL JAM for a fantastic night!
    ~A compliment for us, is a compliment for you.~

• PhilJamPhilJam Posts: 6
  • Just got back to Columbus from the Cinci show! The show was excellent! I was pretty impressed with Robert Pollard too. I kinda wish I could get mp3's of Pollard and his bands performance from tonight. I do own one Guided by Voices album (1999's "Do the Collapse") but after hearing Pollard live I really regretted not getting into his band "Guided by Voices" more when they were still together. Especially me being in Ohio. Anyone have Pollard's set list?? Eddie sang with him briefly on his last song. Pollard also joing PJ at the end for Baba O'Reilly.

My fan club seats were great. Floor, 3rd row, center section (just right of center). Which is great since that is the only show it looks like I will be going to on this tour. I felt bad for my friend next to me since there was this huge dude that was at least 6'5" that came in and sat/stood right in front of him.

Some amusing bits with Eddie wiping is ass with Rolling Stone. It was also cool that Eddie mentioned the guy that went missing in Columbus, Ohio back in April.

Great show, the volume I thought was just right. Not too loud (unlike the Kitchener, ON show last year that was deafening). My ears aren't ringing too bad.

If you want to get some Guided by Voices, start with Alien Lanes and Bee Thousand. those 2 albums are awesome!!
  • pjchickiepjchickie Posts: 13
    I was at the show in Pittsburgh friday night and I have to say I did like the set list there better but the intensity of the crowd and the band last night was hands down 100% better (and people are much nicer in Cincinnati)
    Mike was much more animated and I loved that.
    Matt on the drums during Evenflow almost made me throw up is was so great!
    Boom, what can anyone say about Boom? Crazy on Crazy Mary.
    Jeff and Stone are always awesome.
    And Ed, he was in rare form, I thought a couple of times we may have to call in the paramedics because I thought he may fall off the stage.
    Thanks to everyone at the concert last night for making it so enjoyable!!!!
    "I'm just trying to get into heaven, I'm not running for Jesus." - Homer Simpson
  • Being a huge Guided by Voices and Pearl Jam fan, I was expecting great things last night. It was better then I was expecting. Vedder came out first and ripped through kids are alright. Then Pollard came out and did a 40 min set. He only played one classic GBV tune (Game of Pricks). His new songs sounded really good, but I wanted some more classics!

Pearl Jam + The Crowd = Awesomeness

PJ ripped it with classic songs, yoga poses, and some entertaining between song banter. No Code and Vitalogy were representing hard core. then they dropped the fuckin leash. awesome. The crowd was going off with world cup like chants all night. alive was awesome, the crowd was in full on chant with hands in the air, i think eddie was in awe of it all.

But they saved the best for last. PJ welcomed Pollard back on stage for baba o reily in the same venue of the who tragic incident in 1979. both vedder and pollard are huge who fans and cover baba frequently. This was awesome especially when vedder started imitating pollard by swinging his mic real high! a total love fest for 2 rock icons, vedder and pollard!!!

The only way it could be better is if the crowd new GBV songs, and pollard played them. At any rate I got to see my 2 fav live acts PJ and Pollard, and was not disappointed. thank you PJ and pollard
  • BMBBMB Posts: 3
    Thanks to the 10C, I was front row between Stone and Eddie in Cincy last night. I've been to my share of shows, and words can't describe the energy level (I hope everyone is able to get a sense it from the the boot). From start to finish this was one hell of show. Personal highlight - Taking a swig from Eddie's wine bottle during Crazy Mary and passing the bottle around :-) Thanks guys for a night I'll never forget.

I posted some photos I took at the show at http://cincypjphotos.blogspot.com/. Some of them are a little dark, but some are pretty good. Even got a couple of photos of Eddie with the Rolling Stone.
  • Danny BoyDanny Boy Posts: 161
    The crowd was really solid, the band played well and EV had some great asides during the show. I expected more after flying almost 4,000 miles in 03' for 3 shows, one of which was Cincy. There was obvious speculation about the the number of songs and potential for rarities being played. Couple those ideas with the Yield campaign and I thought we were going to be in for one of those evenings that makes fans who weren't in attendance extremely jealous. Somebody also alluded before the show to the typical PJ practice of making up for lost time when they revisit a city that had a cancellation the last time around. Note *GREAT FUCKING SHOW ALL IN ALL*

The Pittsburgh setlist looked a little better, in my opinion. I still had a great time, 13th row, outer aisle, Stone's side. One of the highlights was a dad with his boy a few rows ahead of us. My buddy and I were in the concessions line and struck up conversation with them and I asked the little fella (I think he's 5 or 6 years old) if this was his first show. Nope - his third. It looked like they had a great time and the kid seemed to be enjoying it. Bringin' him up right, IMHO. Security was pretty lax although I was told if I was caught jamming outside of my seat area again that I'd get the boot. A guy can't jam at a fucking rock concert??? WTF!? Also, the crowd really did rock but I had three couples around me that pretty much stood as statues during the whole show and only 1 of the six smoked th lefty-cigarette I offered. I can't fathom how people don't get into it a little bit more.

The Rolling Stone rant was great. I saw the magazine at newstands after the show and almost felt a tinge of guilt for enjoying the article so. EV said he bought 50 copies so he could wipe his ass with one each time he had to shit. I thought they were surely going to break into Blood from there. I commend EV for the passion he has for the band as a whole. The "we played it at 7:30, asshole" quip was funny as hell, directed at somebody requesting The Kids Are All Right which was the pre-set opener. I told my friends before the show that we should expect that preset. I'd bet a whole lot of other fans were thinking the same thing. It was only fitting considering The Who tragedy in Cincy back in 1979. Long Road is always a welcome opener. I saw recently that EV announced, at one of the LA shows, why and how he wrote that song. It reminds me of my Mom Mom who passed away 7 years ago. Easy, lucky, free.

The new album represented well. Inside Job was strong and I think Comatose is gonna be my Not For You from this album (whic we also got), a steady rocker they could play at every show that would evoke no complaints from this lad. Was hoping for more songs but the boys sounded strong and the crowd was solid. They should've closed with All Those Yesterdays - at least to break out a rarity and give the Yield faitfhfull a taste of something special. They soundchecked it in Camden, night 1 I believe, and we didn't get it at either show. Crazy Mary showed some serious energy from the Divine Hawaiin. Boom owned the solo, one of the better solos instrumentally I've seen at a live show, right up there with some of Mike's shredding of Even Flow. I'm not fuckin'ound there - buy the boot and you'll thank me and agree. I got Leash for the 3rd show in a row, a splendid rendition. The crowd reallllly dug it and at the end EV was exasperating, "Fox News, fuck you!!! Ann Coulter, fuck you!!!" I couldn't concur more. If you check out youtube the Leash from Cincy is up, not a bad recording.

My next show and last of the tour is Summerfest next Friday. I know PJ's setlist is going to be shorter but I've no doubts it'll be great. I'm just hoping to not catch a lot of the regulars and that the boys don't feel compelled to make it a bit more listener friendly considering that a large portion of the crowd will be there for Petty. I imagine the Thursday show will be more introductory with a fair number of hits and hopefully the second night sees some crazy shit. Either way, as long as they have the same energy they did last night, it's gonna be awesome.
    Trading magic for fact, no tradebacks... So this is what it's like to be an adult...
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    did ed wipe his butt with the rolling stone?

EDIT: WHY YES HE DID. sorry.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    Danny Boy wrote:
    One of the highlights was a dad with his boy a few rows ahead of us. My buddy and I were in the concessions line and struck up conversation with them and I asked the little fella (I think he's 5 or 6 years old) if this was his first show. Nope - his third. It looked like they had a great time and the kid seemed to be enjoying it. Bringin' him up right, IMHO.

They were in the row behind my wife and I. She told me that the dad put cotton in the kids ears to use as hearing protection. If it was cotton, I sure hope the dad wises up a bit as using cotton in your eyes does not protect your hearing at ALL. Hopefully it was something else and just seemed like cotton.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • dkfan9dkfan9 Posts: 75
    My first PJ show.
    WOW.
    Everyone around my area(I was sec 105 Row M) was into it the whole show. Just amazing energy, everyone was really nice, fucking amazing. Just everything about the show was amazing. closing with Baba was great too. I sang along to everything, couldn't help it. Except for the tag on N4U, I didn't know it.
    dkfan9
  • pr4mojo1pr4mojo1 Posts: 102
    Just got back to So Cal after the show last night. What a great show. The band and the crowd were amazing. Was VERY HAPPY to hear Save You last night. I don't see it being played that often anymore so I felt like it was a treat. That was the 2nd loudest PJ show on the crowd side of things besides Vancouver. Good job Cincy.
    09/12/92-Irvine, 11/05/93-Indio, 06/24/95-San Fran, 11/06/95-SD, 11/07/95-SD, 7/13/98-LA, 07/14/98-LA, 10/25/00-SD, 10/28/00-Devore, 06/02/03-Irvine, 06/05/03-SD, 06/06/03-LV, 10/28/03-Santa Barbara, 09/02/05-Vancouver, 06/24/06-Cincy, 07/06/06-LV, 07/07/06-SD, 07/09/06-LA, 07/10/06-LA, 07/13/06-SB
  • Some quick thoughts on the Cincy show...

I also went to the Pittsburgh show the night before and both shows were great in their own right.

The main thing that sticks out to me (since I am a spoiled / greedy fan) was that I have no doubt that a 3rd encore was in the plans but for whatever reason didn't happen.

I mean, they left the stage really quick after Baba - not the normal long extended waving / goodbyes like in Pittsburgh. Then no music came on the PA - then a roadie came out an adjusted Ed's mic stand. Then Jeff's standup bass and stool were brought out!!!

Unfortunately, a few minutes passed and the PA music finally hit, the roadies came out and the first thing gone was Jeff's stand up bass and stool :(

I'm sure we were going to get Indifference and maybe YL.

That would have took the show to the next level. (Not that it wasn't at a great level already).

I have to say the set and crowd just kept ramping up throughout the show. From Crazy Mary on the show and crowd were INTENSE!

Great show - just the last one for me for a while... I have the post show blues now...
    Pitt '98 - Pitt '00 - Pitt '03 - State College '03 - Hershey '03 - Toledo '04 - Pitt '05 - Philly '05 - Cleveland '06 - Pitt '06 - Cinci '06 - Bonnaroo '08 - MSG I '08 - MSG II '08
  • The best PJ show I have seen (and I've seen them across the country Debbie Downer). The crowd is what made this show more than anything else. The setlist may not have been what some people had expected BUT it really seemed to flow well. Some of the highlights were Mike's wonderful solos, Matt ALMOST going into a drum solo, Boom going crazy on Mary, Ed's funny banter and good mood and the crowd being so amazing. I loved the two guys in front of me dancing like crazy. They even hugged a couple of times because they were so happy and having the times of their lives. There were also some funny times where the security had to chase people who were so hyped up they had to show the whole crowd. It was a great show and I had a fantastic time.
    Who made up, made up the myth
    that we were born to be covered in bliss?
    who set the standard, born to be rich?
    such fine examples, skinny little bitch
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
    get some flesh to stick, so they look like us
    i shit and i stink, i'm real, join the club
  • pjchickiepjchickie Posts: 13
    Did anyone else notice that Ed did not sing I wish I was a sailor with someone who waited for me?
    Do you think he just forgot the words again (what concert was it where he totally screwed up the lyrics to wishlist and then asked for forgiveness? that was hilarious) or because of his hatred for the war left it out on purpose? As a mother of a sailor that was signioficant to me.
    Any thoughts?
    "I'm just trying to get into heaven, I'm not running for Jesus." - Homer Simpson
  • feathersfeathers Posts: 84
    Amazing, amazing show. Fantastic. It was my 3rd of Pearl Jam. First was Nashville in '03 and second was '05 VFC in Asheville. This was by far the best crowd and setlist so far.

A few highlights:

--THE CROWD. Jesus. The guys completely stopped in RVM and let us carry the beat with our clapping. First verse of Betterman, Present Tense, L-O-I-T-E-R-I-N-G, etc. It was simply stunning.

--Save it For Later tag

--Crazy Mary was one of the best I've ever heard. Eddie pushed Mike into the spotlight before he and Boom blew the fucking roof off.

--Eddie's voice was incredible.

--Kudos to Matt for his Even Flow solo...damn good version of the song.

Overall, just a hell of a show. Loudest show I've ever been to.

On the unfortunate side, I still haven't seen "Black" or "Yellow Ledbetter." :p Oh well. Maybe next time, eh?
    04/18/03
    10/06/04
    06/24/06
    08/05/07
    06/16/08
  • bucket1988bucket1988 Posts: 212
    This was my first... I fucked up the 10 club presale and got an upper-deck ticket 1 minute after they went on sale to the public, so that was lame, but even so, this blew every other concert I have ever been to out of the water. I can't compare it to any past PJ shows, because I don't have any past PJ shows, but it was simply unbelievable. My highlights were:

Even Flow, when Mike and Matt started playing JESUS CHRIST POSE and Matt continued with the drum part (did anyone else notice this?)

Rearviewmirror, an awesome jam section, great energy throughout. This is my 2nd favorite PJ song behind WMA, which they were not gonna play, so I was super excited to hear rvm.

Crazy Mary - Damn! Excellent vocals, I liked Ed singing an octave higher on the 2nd verse, and an orgasmic organ/guitar solo.

Leash - I wasn't one of the ones calling for them to play Leash at the beginning of the tour--it was never one of my favorites. But now that I have witnessed it, I understand why they have been playing it so much. There's something about chanting "Get out of my fucking face" with 20,000 other people that is simply life-affirming.

Of course, the rest of the show was unbelievable as well. My only drawbacks were that Matt wasn't loud enough for the first part of the show and his vocal mic was never loud enough, there was no Black, Porch, Animal, or Yellow Ledbetter, and that I lost my wallet. So today has pretty much sucked, searching the hotel room and my house once I got back home, all to no avail... fuck. But it was worth it.
    The words you say never seem to live up to the ones inside your head...
  • feathersfeathers Posts: 84
    Oh, by the way, a real treat was going to the bathroom this morning and hearing a couple showering together while talking about the concert, then starting to have sex.

That was very uncomfortable. Got to love paper-thin walls.
    04/18/03
    10/06/04
    06/24/06
    08/05/07
    06/16/08
  • imfaithfulimfaithful Posts: 106
    last night was my 5th show this tour and i loved it......great energy from the crowd, the band proved to me once again that they are the greatest fucking band ever.....ed wiping his butt with the rolling stone....priceless......long road opener into save you.....fucking amazing.....i finally got to hear one of my fav tags save it for later..... wishlist was the best version i have heard......cannot believe how awsome it was......thanks to the guy who passed his joint to me and my friend......after that i was feeling really good....i was in the upper deck on booms side and got to see boom rock the shit out of crazy mary.....what a great night...thanks to all of you who helped make it a night to remember.......

see ya in san diego!
    I LOVE THIS BAND

"If some guy's not really giving me a reaction, I'll try and fucking get a reaction out of him. And I feed off of that. I go crazy. In a good way."-Mike McCready

www.myspace.com/lovethejam
  • kvanhimbkvanhimb Posts: 14
    Thought it was a great show...setlist is a little deceiving because they played a lot of songs with extended jams. No need to rehash the nights events. Some complaints:

I thought the sound was terrible...maybe it was my ears, but Ed's voice sounded like a high pitched whine all night. I don't know if the excessive reverb Robert Pollard was using was tied in anyway, but just didn't sound good. The gain on Mike's guitar was way, way higher than Stone's and that got to be annoying at times. Did anyone else pick up on any of this or is it just me? I haven't seen anything on here about the sound. I was at the Philly show and it was a whole lot better...then again maybe being outdoors had something to do with that.

Concertgoers...jumping around like an idiot is fine, rather encouraged, but the 5th time you fall into my lap I start to get a little pissed. Secondly, enough with the phone/camera video recording...I didn't come to the show to stare at the back of your hand. Thirdly, seat jumpers...it's distracting as hell to watch little assholes sneaking in and out of seats in order to get closer. Find a seat and stay there.
  • zron73zron73 Posts: 8
    Best Line - "I played it at 7:30 asshole"
    08/04/1992
    08/27/2000
    04/29/2003
    07/14/2003
    09/28/2004
    10/03/2005
    05/09/2006
    05/10/2006
    05/12/2006
    05/13/2006
    05/24/2006
    05/27/2006
    06/23/2006
    06/24/2006
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    This being my first show, I'm pleased to hear that everyone's ranking it as one of if not the best show they've ever seen!!! This was my very first concert ever and it was very special to me. In the past, I've had the chance to see Nine Inch Nails, Collective Soul, Audioslave, and Green Day live, but I turned them all down bc Pearl Jam is the best fucking band on the planet and I wanted to see them first...

Anyways, I immediately was hooked the moment Eddie came out and played "The Kids Are Alright." I knew from that moment this show was going to ROCK!!! The highlights for me personally were when the band played "Present Tense" and "Inside Job." During "Present Tense," I swear Mike looked at me or looked in the direction I was sitting during the intro, and I just froze and was in complete awe. It was like I was in a trance and having some spiritual occurence take place, but it was truly breathtaking!!!! When I heard "Inside Job" I was reminded of why I'm a huge fan of this band and why music is so important to me, and I rocked out so hard when this song was played.

Pearl Jam, thank you for being the greatest band in the world, and writing music that will always be a part of my life.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    good to see a healthy selection of Riot Act and No code songs tonight!
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • A fantastic show and sadly the end of the road for me unless they come back to the Midwest. The Long Road is one of my favorite openers. I heard it the first time I saw them in 95 in Detroit and heard it twice this tour in Detroit and Cincinnati. Hail Hail and Love Boat Captain are songs that speak deeply to me and I was in completely overjoyed to hear them. I sat next to wonderful people from Grove City (section 104 row f) which is just a few miles away from me and afterward had a tremedous conversation at the Hyatt bar with two of the most wonderful women I've ever met. It was great to talk about Pearl Jam with two fans who understand the depth of this music and were inspired by it as much as I was. I was even more thrilled to see one of them in front of the hotel this morning as I was leaving and able to give her a hug and wish her a great life. Knowing that there is somebody out there who shares the love of this music has made my world a better place and changed my life forever. I hope everyone can have a wonderful experience like I have on the 5 shows I went to this year and I hope your last experience will be as good as mine was last night and this morning.

"Hail Hail The Lucky Ones I Refer To Those In Love"
    Hail Hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love