Options

EURO TOUR 2012..!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    dr_ed_dds wrote:
    So i am wondering....i am coming from toronto to see PJ i prague and berlin and i will be taking my 9 year old son to his first 2 PJ shows...i have 10c GA tix to both gigs and i am concerned about my son not being tall enough to see the show...any suggestions on how i can get him to the front for an ideal view???i hope fans will understand if i try to get up close to the stage its for my son's benefit

I guess i will see what happens...

im afraid that making it to the front row means queueing pretty early ...
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    dr_ed_ddsdr_ed_dds Posts: 103
    edited May 2012
    removed
    Post edited by dr_ed_dds on
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    edited May 2012
    dr_ed_dds wrote:
    you would think fellow PJ fans would have a more friendly stance in such a situation....hopefully they don't disappoint
    Removed
    Post edited by Hinn on
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Suziemay wrote:
    This was the cheap Oslo hotel in case anyone's interested: http://www.choicehotels.no/comfort/en/o ... 7828&tab=0

Not full service (no restaurant, you have to pay to get your room serviced etc) but seems to have all the basics. Around $100 USD/night

do you happen to know how long it takes to get from the airport Gardermoen to the hotel and is there a late or really early train as my flight is 10th July to Copenhagen 6.10am!!!!!!! I dont know whether to stay two nights or one and head to the airport after the gig, oh god its a logistical nightmare!!!
    Sorry, no idea but I see you've booked someplace else. Googlemaps has been my best friend in planning the trip :)

You might want to consider just booking for one night and seeing if the hotel will store your back for you the day of the show. Then splurge on a taxi to the airport with the money you are saving by just booking one night so you can just come back after the show, grab your luggage and hop in the taxi.
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    Suziemay wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    This was the cheap Oslo hotel in case anyone's interested: http://www.choicehotels.no/comfort/en/o ... 7828&tab=0

Not full service (no restaurant, you have to pay to get your room serviced etc) but seems to have all the basics. Around $100 USD/night

do you happen to know how long it takes to get from the airport Gardermoen to the hotel and is there a late or really early train as my flight is 10th July to Copenhagen 6.10am!!!!!!! I dont know whether to stay two nights or one and head to the airport after the gig, oh god its a logistical nightmare!!!
    Sorry, no idea but I see you've booked someplace else. Googlemaps has been my best friend in planning the trip :)

You might want to consider just booking for one night and seeing if the hotel will store your back for you the day of the show. Then splurge on a taxi to the airport with the money you are saving by just booking one night so you can just come back after the show, grab your luggage and hop in the taxi.

yeah good thinking, i have a while to cancel my booking for no charge so will wait and see if anyone else offers any advice up!
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    i got email with the new tickets,actually is the same,but says the change of berlin airport
    so,anyone had the AB8102 fligh at 8:25 Berlin-Stockholm,only the airport change..
    now we fly from Tegel airport,same fligth,same time...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    antti23 wrote:
    If anyone is interested i have just booked two nights in Stockholm at Omena Hotel Stockholm, 0.5 miles from Central Station and for only £106!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bargain of the century get in there!!!!!!! haha

Good choice, see you there! :D

cool, are you staying there too?
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    antti23antti23 Posts: 138
    antti23 wrote:
    If anyone is interested i have just booked two nights in Stockholm at Omena Hotel Stockholm, 0.5 miles from Central Station and for only £106!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bargain of the century get in there!!!!!!! haha

Good choice, see you there! :D

cool, are you staying there too?

Sure, booked in january. 8-)
    Stockholm 2012
    Oslo 2012
    Stockholm 2014
    Oslo 2014
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    dr_ed_dds wrote:
    So i am wondering....i am coming from toronto to see PJ i prague and berlin and i will be taking my 9 year old son to his first 2 PJ shows...i have 10c GA tix to both gigs and i am concerned about my son not being tall enough to see the show...any suggestions on how i can get him to the front for an ideal view???i hope fans will understand if i try to get up close to the stage its for my son's benefit

Usually people queue overnight to be on the rail, often the security will number the first 100 after a while to allow them to go an use the bathroom etc but certainly in my experience those determined to be at the front have to be there for a number of hours before the gig effectively camped out. That's probably not going to be very exciting for your son. I have gotten to the rail without queing but it was more luck than judgement, in a venue that had a pretty long stage
    Also being at the front will be near any mosh pit that takes place, I'm guessing you know that European GA crowds are far more lively than in the USA/Canada (well certainly to the shows I went to last year).
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    i got email with the new tickets,actually is the same,but says the change of berlin airport
    so,anyone had the AB8102 fligh at 8:25 Berlin-Stockholm,only the airport change..

At least it's being resolved slowly, I am yet to have definate plan from SAS I think
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:

At least it's being resolved slowly, I am yet to have definate plan from SAS I think
    we are talking about millions of passengers..the travel greek agency called me before sent me the mail,and told me they start to let know people have flights from 3 june till end of july...
    the new airport will open 17th march 2013,so alot of work to do..!.
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dr_ed_ddsdr_ed_dds Posts: 103
    dottles wrote:
    dr_ed_dds wrote:

Usually people queue overnight to be on the rail, often the security will number the first 100 after a while to allow them to go an use the bathroom etc but certainly in my experience those determined to be at the front have to be there for a number of hours before the gig effectively camped out. That's probably not going to be very exciting for your son. I have gotten to the rail without queing but it was more luck than judgement, in a venue that had a pretty long stage
    Also being at the front will be near any mosh pit that takes place, I'm guessing you know that European GA crowds are far more lively than in the USA/Canada (well certainly to the shows I went to last year).

thanks for the useful information..I naively misjudged the GA situation....but I totally appreciate your comments, they have helped alot...now I gotta try and exchange my GA tickets for a seated location...great to have this forum for this type of information exchange....thanks again!
  • Options
    cmulercmuler Posts: 19
    dottles wrote:
    dr_ed_dds wrote:

I will second this opinion, and I have never been to a big european show, I do expect it to be a bit more lively, but not crazy, im 31 and I have never been to any of these countries before, I will be there to get my early entry a'la my TC wrist band, but certainly not limiting my experience to waiting for hours in line just to see pearl jam when there is so much more to see and do. Maybe for the last show in Copenhagen I will try and get a bit early as we are staying around for a few days after.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    dr_ed_dds wrote:
    thanks for the useful information..I naively misjudged the GA situation....but I totally appreciate your comments, they have helped alot...now I gotta try and exchange my GA tickets for a seated location...great to have this forum for this type of information exchange....thanks again!

If you/your son do still want GA, try going to the front via the sides - Stone side. It's quieter there. Depends on your son's size too. But I guess, for peace of mind and for you to be able to enjoy the gig (and not having to keep on 'protecting' your son, seats would be better. Hopefully you'll be able to trade for good ones!
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    dr_ed_dds wrote:

If you/your son do still want GA, try going to the front via the sides - Stone side. It's quieter there. Depends on your son's size too. But I guess, for peace of mind and for you to be able to enjoy the gig (and not having to keep on 'protecting' your son, seats would be better. Hopefully you'll be able to trade for good ones!

Yeah, I certainly didn't want to say a straight 'no don't do GA', but just to highlight some of the possibilities.
    The sides are quieter. I don't know these venues, maybe someone who does can let you know what the stage set up/venue set up is like which might help you....but I'm sure there will be some form of a queue.
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,265
    dottles wrote:

The flight we're booked on is from Tegel... this is what I got in email:

(Email header was Viktig info fra SAS - check your spam as may have gone there)

Dear Sir/Madam
    due to delayed opening of the new Berlin Brandenburg airport (BER)your flight has been redirected to/from Berlin Tegel airport (TXL).
    If you cannot use this itinerary please contact our Call Centre.
    Best regards,
    SAS Scandinavian Airlines
    0871 521 6000

ilockyer

Booking Reference

Flight/Date From - To Departure Arrival
    SAS
    SK 2680/06JUL12 Berlin (Tegel) - Stockholm (Arlanda) 19:40 21:10
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    everyone sort out with his flight from or to Berlino?
  • Options

Nope. I'm flying airberlin from Berlin to Stockholm, bought through Expedia and it still says BER which is Brandenburg, right?

I suppose I should contact Expedia!
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

Nope. I'm flying airberlin from Berlin to Stockholm, bought through Expedia and it still says BER which is Brandenburg, right?

expedia,as airtickets (the company i bought tix) should mail u or call u,they text me,call me and mail me..
    they call me ask me if i still want the tix,i said yes and then they mail me the new tic with tegel as airport..
    maybe call them,or mail them..we get the same flight,right?
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

expedia,as airtickets (the company i bought tix) should mail u or call u,they text me,call me and mail me..
    they call me ask me if i still want the tix,i said yes and then they mail me the new tic with tegel as airport..
    maybe call them,or mail them..we get the same flight,right?
    Don't think so, I'm leaving 5PM. You're leaving at the buttcrack of dawn, right? I plan to sleep in that day :lol::lol:

Yeah, I'll contact Expedia. No biggie :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    [Don't think so, I'm leaving 5PM. You're leaving at the buttcrack of dawn, right? I plan to sleep in that day :lol::lol:

i wanna see a bit of stockholm :)
  • Options
    texasistheSTEVENtexasistheSTEVEN Posts: 1,110
    Sorry if this was already posted but Brandedburg won't be open so all flights scheduled for there have been changed for Tegal.
    All will be fine :mrgreen:
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    Sorry if this was already posted but Brandedburg won't be open so all flights scheduled for there have been changed for Tegal.
    All will be fine :mrgreen:
    not all the flights..check with air companies,some flight are from and to Schoenefeld airport
    new berlin Brandedburg airport will open at 17th march 2013
  • Options
    :D less than a month
  • Options
    anyone need a 10c Amsterdam 1 tix?
    a friend have an extra
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    24 days people, 24 days until I'm Manchester bound!!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Don't think so, I'm leaving 5PM. You're leaving at the buttcrack of dawn, right? I plan to sleep in that day :lol::lol:

I think Stockholm might be the casualty for me, I probably won't get to see much of it :( But there is a nice bar I want to check out!

Expedia finally contacted me; I'm flying out of Tegal. First, I emailed them and they said they have no information and to please contact airberlin. A few minutes later, I get an email from Expedia, clearly from a different department, that provided me with my new travel information. Why am I even paying the stupid Expedia service fee? grumble.gif
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

I think Stockholm might be the casualty for me, I probably won't get to see much of it :( But there is a nice bar I want to check out!

Expedia finally contacted me; I'm flying out of Tegal. First, I emailed them and they said they have no information and to please contact airberlin. A few minutes later, I get an email from Expedia, clearly from a different department, that provided me with my new travel information. Why am I even paying the stupid Expedia service fee? grumble.gif
    cool..Tegel is nice :)
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    I just got an e-mail from Lufthansa confirming my Berlin-Stockholm flight on 6th July goes from Tegel instead of Brandenburg so that's official from them now. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    I just got an e-mail from Lufthansa confirming my Berlin-Stockholm flight on 6th July goes from Tegel instead of Brandenburg so that's official from them now. :)
    all ok then.. :)