Options

EURO TOUR 2012..!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    Suziemay wrote:
    I'm super excited but I still have yet to book my flight to Prague! :?
    Partly because I'm still hemming and hawing over going to the Amsterdam shows.
    What's the hemming and hawing about? Maybe we can help you make a decision... (you know where this is going..) :mrgreen::mrgreen:

:lol:

If there weren't so many days between Amsterdam and Prague it'd be an easier decision!
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Suziemay wrote:
    I'm super excited but I still have yet to book my flight to Prague! :?
    Partly because I'm still hemming and hawing over going to the Amsterdam shows.
    What's the hemming and hawing about? Maybe we can help you make a decision... (you know where this is going..) :mrgreen::mrgreen:

:lol:

If there weren't so many days between Amsterdam and Prague it'd be an easier decision!
    Can you afford it, and are you able to take the time off?

If it's yes and yes, I say do it. Of all the cities on the tour, Amsterdam and Prague were the two I was most excited to visit, but I couldn't make Amsterdam work.

You could spend a few days in Amsterdam, or go early to Prague to explore, or do both!

Also, look into flying to Amsterdam (or Prague if you don't do Amsterdam) and flying out of Copenhagen. It's a bit more expensive than doing round trip out of the same city but I'm convinced the extra fare is worth it. I think my ticket ended up being about $200 more than if I did roundtrip out of Copenhagen or Prague, and that's not factoring the additional flight I would have needed to take to get back to the airport I was flying out of.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

If it's yes and yes, I say do it. Of all the cities on the tour, Amsterdam and Prague were the two I was most excited to visit, but I couldn't make Amsterdam work.

You could spend a few days in Amsterdam, or go early to Prague to explore, or do both!

Also, look into flying to Amsterdam (or Prague if you don't do Amsterdam) and flying out of Copenhagen. It's a bit more expensive than doing round trip out of the same city but I'm convinced the extra fare is worth it. I think my ticket ended up being about $200 more than if I did roundtrip out of Copenhagen or Prague, and that's not factoring the additional flight I would have needed to take to get back to the airport I was flying out of.

It's not really an issue of time or money, it's just that I've been to Amsterdam a few times so I'm not that bothered about spending extra time there (no offense Amsterdam) and the friend I'm meeting in Prague doesn't arrive until the day of the show. I don't want to have seen all of the city before she arrives, y'know? I could probably stop somewhere between Ams and Prague, but I'm actually going to be away for all of July (heading to London after Copenhagen) and justifying another week away is probably my biggest obstacle. BUT, I keep thinking that as soon as I book the flight to Prague I'm going to think to myself 'YOU MORON! WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST GO TO AMSTERDAM!?'. :lol:

I suppose I should make up my mind shortly since it's just under 5 weeks to go.
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

It's not really an issue of time or money, it's just that I've been to Amsterdam a few times so I'm not that bothered about spending extra time there (no offense Amsterdam) and the friend I'm meeting in Prague doesn't arrive until the day of the show. I don't want to have seen all of the city before she arrives, y'know? I could probably stop somewhere between Ams and Prague, but I'm actually going to be away for all of July (heading to London after Copenhagen) and justifying another week away is probably my biggest obstacle. BUT, I keep thinking that as soon as I book the flight to Prague I'm going to think to myself 'YOU MORON! WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST GO TO AMSTERDAM!?'. :lol:

I suppose I should make up my mind shortly since it's just under 5 weeks to go.
    That does sound like a lot. It sounds like to me that you should forgo the Amsterdam shows. My 2 cents :mrgreen:

Also, airlines typically have a 24-hour moron clause. You can cancel without penalty, just tell them you were being a moron and booked for the wrong city. And if you can't change it, then your decision's done!
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    That does sound like a lot. It sounds like to me that you should forgo the Amsterdam shows. My 2 cents :mrgreen:

Also, airlines typically have a 24-hour moron clause. You can cancel without penalty, just tell them you were being a moron and booked for the wrong city. And if you can't change it, then your decision's done!

I appreciate your 2 cents!

:lol: @ "moron clause".
    That might be the way to go though. I should book Prague and then, if within the preceding 24 hours I feel some deep regret, I can go and change it to Amsterdam. Good thinking!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,675
    . I may have to skip one of the Berlin shows, but that might just be crazy talk.
    it is crazy talk.. :)

I know, right?
  • Options
    That might be the way to go though. I should book Prague and then, if within the preceding 24 hours I feel some deep regret, I can go and change it to Amsterdam. Good thinking!
    Maybe someone who works for an airline can confirm. I've seen this on some airlines and another time actually had to make use of it because I was really being a moron, I bought tickets for the wrong dates :fp: I called the airline panicking and the lady was like, don't worry honey, happens all the time, that's why we cancel with no penalty within 24 hours. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Maybe someone who works for an airline can confirm. I've seen this on some airlines and another time actually had to make use of it because I was really being a moron, I bought tickets for the wrong dates :fp: I called the airline panicking and the lady was like, don't worry honey, happens all the time, that's why we cancel with no penalty within 24 hours. :lol::lol:

You will not be held responsible for any booking errors I may make. ;)
    But, you're right. You do have 24 hours.

See you in Prague!
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    edited May 2012
    I'll be there for both Amsterdam shows ... I have tickets to both nights but am in search of a good floor pair for both nights also, as I'd like to give these seats to my daughter and her boyfriend who now will be joing me and my wife for these shows...can't wait to see everybody!! Let me know where that meet up is!
    Post edited by spearhead on
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    spearhead wrote:
    I'll be there for both Amsterdam shows ... I have tickets to both nights but am in search of a good floor pair for both nights also, as I'd like to give these seats to my daughter and her boyfriend who now will be joing me and my wife for these shows...can't wait to see everybody!! Let me know where that meet up is!

a good floor pair is the same as a bad floor pair!
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    3 weeks!!!
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Ello peeps,
    How are we all?
    Everyone booked, sorted, excited, nervous?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    WickstaWicksta Posts: 100
    Booked, sorted and VERY excited! My Pearl Jam tour starts in Prague and it's one month (almost to the minute) until I board that plane!!!!
    PJ - Sydney 12 Mar 1998 - Sydney 11 & 14 Feb 2003 - Sydney 8 & 18 Nov 2006 - Sydney 22 Nov 2009 - Prague 2 Jul 2012 - Berlin 4 & 5 Jul 2012 - Stockholm 7 Jul 2012 - Copenhagen 10 Jul 2012 - Wrigley 19 Jul 2013 - Gold Coast 19 Jan 2014 - Melbourne 24 Jan 2014 - Sydney 26 Jan 2014 - Adelaide 31 Jan 2014 - Perth 2 Jan 2014 - Amsterdam 16 & 17 Jun 2014 - Milan 20 Jun 2014 - Trieste 22 Jun 2014 - Vienna 25 Jun 2014 - Berlin 26 Jun 2014 - New York City 1 & 2 May 2016 - Seattle 8 & 10 Aug 2018 - Vancouver 4 & 6 May 2024
    EV - Canberra 15 Mar 2011 - Sydney 18 Mar 2011 - Perth 7 & 8 Feb 2014 - Sydney 11,12 & 13 Feb 2014 - Melbourne 19 Feb 2014 - Brisbane 22, 23 & 25 Feb 2014 - London 6 Jun 2017 - Dublin 9 Jun 2017 - Seattle 21 Feb 2022
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    Oh yeah, feel the buzz already!

since yesterday ive been putting down all the contacts and ticket buddies and infos and meet ups and phone numbers and ... and ... and ... logistic puzzles ...

Just cant wait when we all meet for the cold beer and scream one big HEEELLLLLOOOOO ! :mrgreen:
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    btw a big big thanks to fortyshades and alesek,aka Anthoinie and Ales for their hospitality..
    dont have enough words to thank them both...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    btw a big big thanks to fortyshades and alesek,aka Anthoinie and Ales for their hospitality..
    dont have enough words to thank them both...

Pleasure, Dimi ... ;) thats what this community is all about, right?
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Afternoon fellow Europeans! ;)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    hi Michael :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

Hows you mate?
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options

Hows you mate?
    all ok..we are getting close...
  • Options
    Yeah not long, sadly only 2 shows for me! :nono: :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    Johnny AggroJohnny Aggro Posts: 543

Me too but I aint complaining!!!

Roll on 20th!!!
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • Options

Roll on 20th!!!

Manchester yeah?

should be 2 pretty great shows! :)
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    Johnny AggroJohnny Aggro Posts: 543

Roll on 20th!!!

Manchester yeah?

should be 2 pretty great shows! :)

Manchester 1 and Amsterdam 1

(I need to "unwind" after the Ziggo show!!!) 8-)
    RDS Dublin - Aug 26 1995 (Neil Young with Pearl Jam)
    Millstreet Arena - Oct 24, 1996
    The Point - Oct 26, 1996
    The Point - Jun 01, 2000
    The Point - Aug 23, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009
    The O2 - Jun 22, 2010
    Odyssey Arena - Jun 23, 2010
    Manchester Evening News Arena - Jun 20 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 26 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome - Jun 16 2014
  • Options
    Roll on 20th!!![/quote]

Manchester yeah?

should be 2 pretty great shows! :)[/quote]

Manchester 1 and Amsterdam 1

(I need to "unwind" after the Ziggo show!!!) 8-)[/quote]

:lol: , i wish i was heading over to Amsterdam!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    alesek wrote:

since yesterday ive been putting down all the contacts and ticket buddies and infos and meet ups and phone numbers and ... and ... and ... logistic puzzles ...

Just cant wait when we all meet for the cold beer and scream one big HEEELLLLLOOOOO ! :mrgreen:

Ales, will I see you this tour?
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options

But you get to see me! :lol:
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Just the one show for me. But I'm going to really enjoy it! :D
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    alesek wrote:

Ales, will I see you this tour?

Hi there Leanne,

i think you will :) ... starting in Amsterdam finishing in Copenhagen ... (no festivals though) ... So guess Berlin is the first chance, right? :)
  • Options
    Hey, anyone know how good the view is from Block 101 in the Men Arena?
    it's side view so should be pretty good yeah?
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates