Options

EURO TOUR 2012..!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    The route from the train station in Manchester (Manchester Piccadilly) to Manchester Central Travelodge if people want to walk it (about 15 minutes) .

http://tinyurl.com/cth3b4u

If anyone needs to plan any other walking routes in Manchester (or London or elsewhere :P ) I use the website www.walkit.com
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    chime wrote:
    Folks cheap train tickets to Manchester for 20/21 June are now available. The 22nd isnt available yet. I would usually advise buying two singles rather than waiting for a return.

Unfortunately there are no cheap Manchester/London train tickets if you want/need to travel during peak time (between 2.40pm - 6pm and 5am - 10am). I cannot afford take two half days of work to get the cheap train tickets so I am flying late Weds arvo and early Fri morning for £65 return so there is another option other than a £240 train ticket for those who have to travel during peak times.

As a matter of personal opinion I think it is absolutely disgraceful that it could cost £240 return to get two hours away to Manchester - I can go to Paris return for £69 and could almost get to New York return on the plane for £240!!! :o
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,304
    chime wrote:
    Folks cheap train tickets to Manchester for 20/21 June are now available. The 22nd isnt available yet. I would usually advise buying two singles rather than waiting for a return.

Unfortunately there are no cheap Manchester/London train tickets if you want/need to travel during peak time (between 2.40pm - 6pm and 5am - 10am). I cannot afford take two half days of work to get the cheap train tickets so I am flying late Weds arvo and early Fri morning for £65 return so there is another option other than a £240 train ticket for those who have to travel during peak times.

As a matter of personal opinion I think it is absolutely disgraceful that it could cost £240 return to get two hours away to Manchester - I can go to Paris return for £69 and could almost get to New York return on the plane for £240!!! :o
    pssst...im gonna see u this year?,im doing DAM to end,exept 2 festivals....which shows u doing?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Speaking of trains...can someone with Euro travel experience please let me know which is my best option. I'm flying into Amsterdam, then traveling to Bruges, Belgium, then on to Arras, then to Paris, and then Frankfurt. Am I better off getting a Eurail pass or booking each train individually? What's the most economical and what's the most convenient and hassle-free? Thanks :D
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    pssst...im gonna see u this year?,im doing DAM to end,exept 2 festivals....which shows u doing?

Yep - you are! - doing Manchester, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen

See you there my friend!! :D
  • Options

Yep - you are! - doing Manchester, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen

See you there my friend!! :D
    awesome!! :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    adusickadusick Posts: 1,372
    Speaking of trains...can someone with Euro travel experience please let me know which is my best option. I'm flying into Amsterdam, then traveling to Bruges, Belgium, then on to Arras, then to Paris, and then Frankfurt. Am I better off getting a Eurail pass or booking each train individually? What's the most economical and what's the most convenient and hassle-free? Thanks :D

Ditto here. Would love help with nearly the exact same route, just ending in Berlin!
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Man-London train booked. :) Now Am'dam-Paris train to book(I'm having a few days in Paris between Am'dam & Berlin coz I've never been there!). Anyone got tips for that for me? I'm hoping to go on June 28, travelling during the day to see the countryside & getting into Paris early enough to have some food etc. I think Thalys high speed train might be my best bet? Anyone know? TIA. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    chime wrote:

i never been to europe. if i was to go to the manchester shows, then want to go to amsterdam. is it cheap for me if i ride the non peak times, to get to where ever city you can catch the closest ferry to amsterdam?? are those ferries cheap? if they are i rather do that than fly. do you know anything about those?
  • Options
    adusick wrote:

Ditto here. Would love help with nearly the exact same route, just ending in Berlin!

i am confused too, is there any train from brussels to prague? i cant seem to find one, and not on that euro travel rail site but some other site i saw amsterdam to prague trains but it too long a ride either way by train to prague, from either brussels or amsterdam?? at first i thought it was only maybe a 5 hour or so train ride either way? but is it more like 12-15 hours, if there even is a train from brussels to prague?
    what sucks is there is no cheap flights i can find from brussels to prague they all like 300 1 way if you want non stop . i saw one for like 150 i think but it had 2 stops from brussels to paris to berlin to prague, likewtf is that i dont want to be on the plane that long to other fuckin countries i dont need to go to. not sure why it was like that when i look it up on a few sites
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    [Are you sure, Dimitris? I didn't try yet, but they definitely have printable tickets: http://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/price ... cket.shtml
    i just try to book tix for next week
    not available for the connection Prague-Berlin
    3.5 euros payment for delivery at home
    i bought 4 times in the past..always had printable tix..but i travel,Netherlands-Germany

is there a train from brussels or near worchter festival that goes to prague? is it stupid to take train at first i thought maybe 5 or 6 hours, but is this ride more like 10-15 hours? i cant find cheap flights either that are non stop from brussels to prague? is brussels small airport maybe, they seem to be more gearedfor amsterdam to brussels, or paris to brussels i see tons of
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Suziemay wrote:
    [Are you sure, Dimitris? I didn't try yet, but they definitely have printable tickets: http://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/price ... cket.shtml
    i just try to book tix for next week
    not available for the connection Prague-Berlin
    3.5 euros payment for delivery at home
    i bought 4 times in the past..always had printable tix..but i travel,Netherlands-Germany

is there a train from brussels or near worchter festival that goes to prague? is it stupid to take train at first i thought maybe 5 or 6 hours, but is this ride more like 10-15 hours? i cant find cheap flights either that are non stop from brussels to prague? is brussels small airport maybe, they seem to be more gearedfor amsterdam to brussels, or paris to brussels i see tons of

I'm skipping the festivals & going straight to Prague from Amsterdam :ugeek: . Just looked up the flights cost today & it's only 47 euro with Easy Jet :mrgreen: .

Need to really start dealing with my Europe tour itinerary :roll: .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    why cant i find cheaper flights from brussels to prague the cheapest i could find is $179 euro 1 way

however i have found $65 flight 1 way from amsterdam to prague

and crazy i found this $40 1 way from london to prague

and london is way farther to prague than brussels. wtf is with these prices why is everything from brussels to prague so expensive? is it cause it not a common travel route??????? anyone find cheaper than 179$ euro 1 way for flight? damn with these prices i might have to skip belgium just cause the prices seem ridiculous to fly out of there, and we are 2 people that almost $200 difference :(
  • Options
    why cant i find cheaper flights from brussels to prague the cheapest i could find is $179 euro 1 way

however i have found $65 flight 1 way from amsterdam to prague

and crazy i found this $40 1 way from london to prague

and london is way farther to prague than brussels. wtf is with these prices why is everything from brussels to prague so expensive? is it cause it not a common travel route??????? anyone find cheaper than 179$ euro 1 way for flight? damn with these prices i might have to skip belgium just cause the prices seem ridiculous to fly out of there, and we are 2 people that almost $200 difference :(
    http://gr.skyscanner.com/flights/brus/p ... -2012.html

72 euros
    Ryanair + Wizz Air
    06:20 CRL – 14:05 PRG
    1 stop
  • Options
    I know the timing's mucked up NZ being ahead of everywhere but here, right now, it's 9pm Wednesday 4th April which means it's ELEVEN WEEKS until the 1st concert of PJ's 2012 Euro tour!! WEEEEHEEEEE!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options

i never been to europe. if i was to go to the manchester shows, then want to go to amsterdam. is it cheap for me if i ride the non peak times, to get to where ever city you can catch the closest ferry to amsterdam?? are those ferries cheap? if they are i rather do that than fly. do you know anything about those?

Your best bet for getting from Manchester straight to Amsterdam is flying - flights go direct from Manchester airport with Easyjet and take 1 hour 25 mins and at present cost as little as £30 (if you want to take the 8am flight on Sunday 24 June 2012).

To take the ferry or train to Amsterdam from Manchester you will need to get back to London first and then plan an onward journey - this will (a) cost a lot more than £30-£50 and (b) will take a lot longer.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    With regards to trains etc., your best bet is to start searching NOW for cheap tickets between cities. Cheap tickets go on sale 12 weeks before travel date. I've never used the europass rail ticket thingy, I've only ever booked through that countries rail site - e.g. Berlin to Prague, I would book using Germanys rail provider, www.bahn.de although it would be worth looking at the Czech one too. When you book, you usually get an e-ticket, just print it out and keep it handy for the inspector.

I haven't looked at what airport you're using for Brussels, but I think there's Brussels international, and Brussels Charleroi (which Ryanair operate out of!) so make sure you check flights from both airports, or from surrounding airports such as Maastricht or Antwerp. The train will take 15 hours, see if you can get an overnight sleeper train? You'd have to book Brussels to Berlin, then Berlin to Prague.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    Train tickets are definitely coming available now. This is definitely the time to be looking for them. I've got my Manchester-London, Amsterdam-Paris & Paris-Berlin trains booked now. Just the Stockholm-Copenhagen one to do. After that & buying my travel insurance I'm all done I think. Then the waiting game will really begin!!
    <hr>
  • Options
    love the fact when i visit the german train website to book train tix....
    thast means always....less 92 days of a pearl jam show...... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    mike-melting.jpg
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828

:D:D
    time to book train tix then!
  • Options

Your best bet for getting from Manchester straight to Amsterdam is flying - flights go direct from Manchester airport with Easyjet and take 1 hour 25 mins and at present cost as little as £30 (if you want to take the 8am flight on Sunday 24 June 2012).

To take the ferry or train to Amsterdam from Manchester you will need to get back to London first and then plan an onward journey - this will (a) cost a lot more than £30-£50 and (b) will take a lot longer.

ok thanks for the info, im finaly trying to make plans i see that ny city to manchester is same price i found for ny city to amsterdam. so im going to skip manchester, and start in amsterdam. trying to go amsterdam through berlin
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:

:D:D
    time to book train tix then!
    :D
  • Options
    YAY! Booking trains time has come. 3 out of my 4 trains done now, just one to go & then it's waiting.... waiting.... watching the clock..... it's -11 weeks to go......
    <hr>
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    What time will people booked the train on the 3rd of July, from Prague to Berlin?
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    What time will people booked the train on the 3rd of July, from Prague to Berlin?
    8:29 here
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952

Ok awesome.
    Thanks.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options

Ok awesome.
    Thanks.
    just follow the pj shirts.. ;)
  • Options

do you know how many hours that train ride is? worth taking train or should i fly instead?
  • Options

do you know how many hours that train ride is? worth taking train or should i fly instead?
    around 4:30 hours..