Options

EURO TOUR 2012..!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    eyejacker wrote:
    I have everything booked :oops:
    Show-off :lol:
    All I have left to book is the night train from Berlin to Amsterdam on June 23. Damn maximum of 92 days before booking :lol:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    First Amsterdam show six months from now :D
    Don't you mean 5 :mrgreen:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

• Options
    rafie wrote:
    Oh dear - Good job I haven't booked flights and hotels yet :oops:
    1992: Copenhagen, Roskilde. 1996: Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Paris, Zürich, Rome, Milan, Prague, Budapest, Istanbul. 2000: Stockholm, Roskilde. 2006: Prague, Berlin, Vienna. 2007: Munich, Katowice, (Venice), Düsseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen. 2009: Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London. 2010: Dublin, Belfast, Berlin. 2012: Amsterdam x 2, Prague, Berlin x 2, Stockholm, Copenhagen. 2014: Amsterdam x 2, Vienna and Berlin. 2017: London. 2017 Plans: Prague, Krakow, Berlin and London 2 :-)
  • Options
    rafie wrote:
    Oh dear - Good job I haven't booked flights and hotels yet :oops:
    :lol::lol:

• Options
    appieappie Posts: 1,441
    That would be a bummer...Arriving in Amsterdam 1 month after the gigs.. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

See ya all in the summer here.. :D
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,882
    Everything is booked...except the Arras day tickets! Still no information when they will start the single day ticket sale...lazy french! :D
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Ticketmaster had some tickets in Block 103 for Manc night 1 on sale yesterday and this morning. Bagged 2 so now I'm sat in 103 instead of 107 :D

145 days to go!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    sonnasonna Posts: 377
    Manchester tickets arrived today.

I LIKE.
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,383
    sonna wrote:
    Manchester tickets arrived today.

I LIKE.
    have fun... ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,211
    edited January 2012
    So, looks like beds still available at Plus Berlin. Can someone PM me who's room I should ask them to put me in so I can share with PJ folk!?!? :)

e.t.a. +++ I haven't been to Berlin before, who else wants to do some sight-seeing(while not queuing to get into the concert)?
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    morello wrote:
    So, looks like beds still available at Plus Berlin. Can someone PM me who's room I should ask them to put me in so I can share with PJ folk!?!? :)
    me too!
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    continued with some flight booking activities this week....I had my r/t done about 3 weeks ago, but today I added on city to city flights for all but 2 legs of my journey :) I will likely take a train for one of those and book the other flight tonight :D

all hotels booked.
    all tickets bought.
    lonely planet guides for every single city I am visiting are ordered :D
    now researching each city for my extracurriculars can begin :D

I can not wait!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,383
    i think im set..exept the prague and he stocholm - oslo..waiting for the bus deal... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    i think im set..exept the prague and he stocholm - oslo..waiting for the bus deal... :)

Thats a tricky part indeed...

I need a day of rest before the berlin marathon tho ...
    few people gotta be in berlin on 3rd evening... few people boarding the early 4th train as well...

decisions decisions... :)
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    alesek wrote:

Thats a tricky part indeed...

few people gotta be in berlin on 3rd evening... few people boarding the early 4th train as well...

You folks coming to Berlin on the 4th are NUTS! I'm planning to arrive on the 3rd. Need my beauty sleep :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    alesek wrote:

You folks coming to Berlin on the 4th are NUTS! I'm planning to arrive on the 3rd. Need my beauty sleep :lol::lol:
    I'm planning on getting to Berlin on the 3rd as well. Don't want any chance of delays etc + I want to be sure to see as much of Berlin as I can fit in a few days.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    I'm planning on getting to Berlin on the 3rd as well. Don't want any chance of delays etc + I want to be sure to see as much of Berlin as I can fit in a few days.
    Yeah, that's the other thing I'm worried about as well with travel day of. Only day off travel is Oslo-Copenhagen.. SAS don't let me down :D
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    I'm arriving on the 2nd and leaving on the 6th...
    I gotta have a whole day at the zoo and at least half a day for Pergamon, at Berlin!
  • Options
    eyejacker wrote:
    I gotta have a whole day at the zoo and at least half a day for Pergamon, at Berlin!
    I've been reading a Berlin guide book & yeah my list of things to see is getting longer & longer. I'm gonna be on a mission outside of concert time it looks like! I might re-evaluate & get there on the 2nd even(I'm not doin Prague).
    <hr>
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    eyejacker wrote:
    I've been reading a Berlin guide book & yeah my list of things to see is getting longer & longer. I'm gonna be on a mission outside of concert time it looks like! I might re-evaluate & get there on the 2nd even(I'm not doin Prague).

I'm gonna do the East Side Gallery on the 4th... Gonna get the metro to Jannowitzbrücke‎ or Ostbahnhof‎ and walk to O2 early in the morning... :-) then spend the day queuing probably... B2 I have seats so I'll do museums all day, and arrive at O2 just before showtime :-) Probably save most of my PJ shopping for that day too...
  • Options
    eyejacker wrote:
    morello wrote:
    eyejacker wrote:

I'm gonna do the East Side Gallery on the 4th... Gonna get the metro to Jannowitzbrücke‎ or Ostbahnhof‎ and walk to O2 early in the morning... :-) then spend the day queuing probably... B2 I have seats so I'll do museums all day, and arrive at O2 just before showtime :-) Probably save most of my PJ shopping for that day too...
    I'm seated night 1, standing night 2 so opposite to you. I'll try & get there early'ish on the day I arrive so have at least half a day then + the 4th, then I fly out at 16:30 on the 6th so half a day then too.

Anyone know how early you have to be at the airport before intra-Europe flights eg Berlin-Stockholm? I've asked a few people this & no-ones told me yet.
    <hr>
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    I'm seated night 1, standing night 2 so opposite to you. I'll try & get there early'ish on the day I arrive so have at least half a day then + the 4th, then I fly out at 16:30 on the 6th so half a day then too.

Anyone know how early you have to be at the airport before intra-Europe flights eg Berlin-Stockholm? I've asked a few people this & no-ones told me yet.

Sounds like a good plan... I 'm always at the airport 2 hours before my flight whenever I'm travelling in Europe, except if I can do electronic check-in online, which means you only have to drop off a suitcase and go to security... Check at the airport as soon as you arrive is a way to be sure...
  • Options
    eyejacker wrote:
    morello wrote:

Sounds like a good plan... I 'm always at the airport 2 hours before my flight whenever I'm travelling in Europe, except if I can do electronic check-in online, which means you only have to drop off a suitcase and go to security... Check at the airport as soon as you arrive is a way to be sure...
    Thanks. Damn, I was hoping it wouldn't be 2 hour check-ins. :( 9am flight = good, but 7am check in while on holiday = bad! 8-)
    <hr>
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    morello wrote:
    eyejacker wrote:
    morello wrote:

Thanks. Damn, I was hoping it wouldn't be 2 hour check-ins. :( 9am flight = good, but 7am check in while on holiday = bad! 8-)

you should be able to do electronic check in for most flights, just look at the airline's website, they usually offer it. I know a few low-cost carriers (ryanair and the like) even require it, but if you've got companies like SAS they'll surely have it as well.
    It goes even faster if you don't have any checked luggage, as you immediately proceed to security when you arrive, but I assume you'd have some bigger bags coming from so far away. :)

oh, when you're in Berlin, I personally wouldn't miss the holocaust memorial and museum. it's very very haunting, but they did a beautiful job of realizing it, so if you happen to have a few hours to dedicate to it, I'd definitely suggest it.

god I'm excited. ROLL ON JUNE!
  • Options
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

1 month of waiting down, 5 to go! In exactly 5 months from today, I will be on a plane to Prague!!!

With all this anticipation, I feel like I need to line up some therapy sessions for Post PJ Tour Syndrome
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:

1 month of waiting down, 5 to go! In exactly 5 months from today, I will be on a plane to Prague!!!

With all this anticipation, I feel like I need to line up some therapy sessions for Post PJ Tour Syndrome

haha, tell me about it! I went into depression when I came back from my Foo US trip last october...when I got out of the plane at Heathrow airport, and the first thing that happened on European soil was security throwing my imported peanut butter away, I was about to throw a serious fit and cry. :lol:

It's especially exciting for me since Manchester 1 will finally mark the end of my PJ live virginity...can't wait!
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

haha, tell me about it! I went into depression when I came back from my Foo US trip last october...when I got out of the plane at Heathrow airport, and the first thing that happened on European soil was security throwing my imported peanut butter away, I was about to throw a serious fit and cry. :lol:

It's especially exciting for me since Manchester 1 will finally mark the end of my PJ live virginity...can't wait!
    Ooh, that's right your first PJ show!! I'm so excited for you!!! If you had that reaction to Foo, just be prepared for PJ. Super high high, which also means for potentially lower lows.

They threw your peanut butter away?!?! For shame. I could bring you some...? :D
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    morello wrote:
    eyejacker wrote:

you should be able to do electronic check in for most flights, just look at the airline's website, they usually offer it. I know a few low-cost carriers (ryanair and the like) even require it, but if you've got companies like SAS they'll surely have it as well.
    It goes even faster if you don't have any checked luggage, as you immediately proceed to security when you arrive, but I assume you'd have some bigger bags coming from so far away. :)

oh, when you're in Berlin, I personally wouldn't miss the holocaust memorial and museum. it's very very haunting, but they did a beautiful job of realizing it, so if you happen to have a few hours to dedicate to it, I'd definitely suggest it.

god I'm excited. ROLL ON JUNE!
    Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely have more than carry on luggage being away for a month. As for Holocaust museum etc tbh I don't know I could handle it. So intense. With so much else to see I'm sure I'll still be crazy busy for the 3 days or so I'll be in Berlin.
    <hr>
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Kathi wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Ooh, that's right your first PJ show!! I'm so excited for you!!! If you had that reaction to Foo, just be prepared for PJ. Super high high, which also means for potentially lower lows.

They threw your peanut butter away?!?! For shame. I could bring you some...? :D

Yeah, I can't imagine what it must be like to have little to no clue what to expect when going into a concert. Foos are super amazing live, but their setlists do get predictable when you see them a lot. This whole omg-what-will-they-play thing is going to drive me nuts. :lol:

Yup, apparently peanut butter counts as a liquid and is therefore not allowed in your hand luggage...got it into the plane in San Francisco no problem, but then the damn British binned it ;) hehe thanks, but as I'll probably be travelling without checked baggage this time I don't want them to throw it away again!
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely have more than carry on luggage being away for a month. As for Holocaust museum etc tbh I don't know I could handle it. So intense. With so much else to see I'm sure I'll still be crazy busy for the 3 days or so I'll be in Berlin.

ooh, you're going for a month? that's awesome, enjoy your stay! which places will you be visiting besides Berlin?