Options

EURO TOUR 2012..!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I'm going to be in Paris for a few days before Berlin. Any tips for getting Pairs-Berlin? I'm thinking train rather than flying so I can see things. Any tips be much appreciated. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    veddertown wrote:
    so I'm trying to make sure I catch up with as many people as I can. :D
    Yep,same here :)
    mmmmm..im gonna miss you..again...... :(
    I know :(
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Ello peeps...
    How are we all? Good I hope!
    Looks like Manchester is going to be a great party to kick off the tour :D
    It really will be ace to catch up with old friends and make new ones at the gigs I'm going to, please don't be afraid to come and talk to me randomly I wasn't brave enough in the past and missed out on a year of ace friendships :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    dottles wrote:
    Ello peeps...
    It really will be ace to catch up with old friends and make new ones at the gigs I'm going to, please don't be afraid to come and talk to me randomly I wasn't brave enough in the past and missed out on a year of ace friendships :D
    Likewise :D
    I'll be at A'dam 1 & 2 and Arras
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    myramyra Posts: 1,257
    morello wrote:
    I'm going to be in Paris for a few days before Berlin. Any tips for getting Pairs-Berlin? I'm thinking train rather than flying so I can see things. Any tips be much appreciated. :)

Just checked : that's do-able. Between 8 and 9 hours, depending on whether you're traveling via Köln, Brussels, Leipzig or Frankfurt (or a combination of those stops).
    I haven't looked at fares in detail though, but in April (no fares available further than 3 months, as you know), you're looking at 170 € to 280 €, so it's much more expensive than flying (as a comparison, I booked my initial flight Nice-Berlin for 35 € plus visa fees, before changing it for a Nice-Prague ;) ).
  • Options
    Thanks honey. I didn't realise it would be so much more expensive. Damn. :evil: Won't be able to do that then. Train Amsterdam-Paris is cheap enough. What a pain about Paris-Berlin. In that case I better get onto booking flights. :o
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    Thanks honey. I didn't realise it would be so much more expensive. Damn. :evil: Won't be able to do that then. Train Amsterdam-Paris is cheap enough. What a pain about Paris-Berlin. In that case I better get onto booking flights. :o

Well, those are fares for April. I'm not sure it's a vacation period or not. Want me check that ? Then again, you'll book for a vacation period as well in July ... I remember looking at taking a train from Marseille to Amsterdam and it turned out to be roughly the same price as flying.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    dottles wrote:
    Ello peeps...
    Likewise :D
    I'll be at A'dam 1 & 2 and Arras

Awww :( I'll miss you, I'm doing Manchester 1 & 2, Berlin 1 & 2 and Stockholm
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    morello wrote:

Well, those are fares for April. I'm not sure it's a vacation period or not. Want me check that ? Then again, you'll book for a vacation period as well in July ... I remember looking at taking a train from Marseille to Amsterdam and it turned out to be roughly the same price as flying.
    Damn. That's crazy. Train from Amsterdam-Paris on 28/6 gonna be like E35 not that I can book yet. I'll have to look into this more of course when I'm home(at desk at work now). Thanks for your help.
    <hr>
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    myra wrote:
    morello wrote:

Damn. That's crazy. Train from Amsterdam-Paris on 28/6 gonna be like E35 not that I can book yet. I'll have to look into this more of course when I'm home(at desk at work now). Thanks for your help.

No problem. You mean you found a 35 € train Amsterdam-Paris ? Because my return flight Marseille-Amsterdam was nothing like 35 €, and that's the flight that costs roughly the same as a round-trip by train, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    morello wrote:
    myra wrote:

No problem. You mean you found a 35 € train Amsterdam-Paris ? Because my return flight Marseille-Amsterdam was nothing like 35 €, and that's the flight that costs roughly the same as a round-trip by train, if that makes sense.
    Hmmm,oh, ok, thatw as just from memory so maybe I've got that worng. Anyway I'll msg you on fb soon. take this off here maybe. :)
    <hr>
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    shit..that Flight to prague is expensive....and the berlin prague berlin need 60 euros for the change flight and train ticketrs..hmmmmm
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Oh crap, I haven't started booking anything yet!
    Will you all please stop being so organized - right now.
    You are making me look bad!
    1992: Copenhagen, Roskilde. 1996: Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Paris, Zürich, Rome, Milan, Prague, Budapest, Istanbul. 2000: Stockholm, Roskilde. 2006: Prague, Berlin, Vienna. 2007: Munich, Katowice, (Venice), Düsseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen. 2009: Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London. 2010: Dublin, Belfast, Berlin. 2012: Amsterdam x 2, Prague, Berlin x 2, Stockholm, Copenhagen. 2014: Amsterdam x 2, Vienna and Berlin. 2017: London. 2017 Plans: Prague, Krakow, Berlin and London 2 :-)
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    I have everything booked :oops:
  • Options
    eyejacker wrote:
    Show-off :lol:
    1992: Copenhagen, Roskilde. 1996: Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Paris, Zürich, Rome, Milan, Prague, Budapest, Istanbul. 2000: Stockholm, Roskilde. 2006: Prague, Berlin, Vienna. 2007: Munich, Katowice, (Venice), Düsseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen. 2009: Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London. 2010: Dublin, Belfast, Berlin. 2012: Amsterdam x 2, Prague, Berlin x 2, Stockholm, Copenhagen. 2014: Amsterdam x 2, Vienna and Berlin. 2017: London. 2017 Plans: Prague, Krakow, Berlin and London 2 :-)
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Oh crap, I haven't started booking anything yet!
    Will you all please stop being so organized - right now.
    You are making me look bad!
    :lol::lol: That's what got me going too! But I'm coming from much further away, have very specific dates I need to fly AND there's only one direct flight a day that I needed to get. I think you're OK since you're already in Europe, more travel options :D
  • Options
    eyejacker wrote:
    I've still got a few things to book. We've got a long weekend here this week in NZ so will try & get things sorted.
    <hr>
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,939
    Anybody know who the support is for this tour?
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    Anybody know who the support is for this tour?
    It's X: http://www.pearljam.com/news/pearl-jam- ... eanuk-tour
  • Options
    Thanks Suzie, I have never heard any of their music before...they're from the 70s yeah? Anybody know a good place to start with their albums?
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Spags wrote:
    Thanks Suzie, I have never heard any of their music before...they're from the 70s yeah? Anybody know a good place to start with their albums?

paging JOEJOEJOE :D

I don't really know their stuff either been meaning to get acquainted :oops: I hear they are fantastic someone had started this thread earlier: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=180180&p=4160384#p4160384
  • Options
    Cool, just grabbed their first album off iTunes...may as well start at the beginning :D
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    X is a legendary, well-respected L.A. punk band. They have been around for 35 years, yet their live shows are always full of great raw energy. I would recommend "Los Angeles" and "Under the big black Sun" as great albums to get acquainted. If I had to think of a British equivalent, it would be The Mekons (hard guitar sound, and male/female harmony lead vocals).

Billy Zoom, their guitar player, is very skillful, and a very entertaining showman!

I became a fan in the early 80s, and it is still very joyful and meaningful when I see them perform!

www.xtheband.com
  • Options
    Be sure to check out SAS for flights! These are the amongst the lowest fares I've seen, and I think they are direct flights.

*Sample fares are round trip including all taxes and fees. Additional baggage fees may apply.

New York (Newark)/ Washington D.C/ Chicago

Copenhagen $1099*
    Oslo $1099*
    Stockholm $1099*
    Helsinki $1099*

Sales period:
    January 25- February 8, 2012.

Travel period:
    June 1 - August 25, 2012.

http://www.flysas.com/en/us/Promotions- ... 2012_01_25
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    X is a legendary, well-respected L.A. punk band. They have been around for 35 years, yet their live shows are always full of great raw energy. I would recommend "Los Angeles" and "Under the big black Sun" as great albums to get acquainted. If I had to think of a British equivalent, it would be The Mekons (hard guitar sound, and male/female harmony lead vocals).

Billy Zoom, their guitar player, is very skillful, and a very entertaining showman!

I became a fan in the early 80s, and it is still very joyful and meaningful when I see them perform!

http://www.xtheband.com
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    Faithful_1 wrote:
    The thought of two PJ shows followed by the boss is the only thing that's keeping me going in work at the moment! :)
    Hi there

I am travelling from South Africa for the two Manch shows and would love to see the Boss as well. Any idea on where/how I could score a ticket. Would absolutely die if I am in Manchester and cannot see Bruce.

Any suggestions or help appreciated from anyone on here.

:?
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    eyejacker wrote:
    You guys are so organised, I only have my flights booked! :)
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    First Amsterdam show six months from now :D
  • Options
    AC41750AC41750 Posts: 305
    I am so excited for this tour!!!!
    even more than the EV solo

July can't come fast enough!!!! :)
    09/12/92 11/05/93 09/13/95 07/11/98 07/13/98 10/30/99 10/22/00 10/25/00 10/28/00 10/30/00 06/01/03 06/03/03 07/06/06 07/09/06 07/10/06 07/15/06 07/16/06 08/24/09 10/06/09 10/07/09 09/03/11 09/04/11
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    morello wrote:
    myra wrote:
    morello wrote:

The trains can be VERY expensive. I ended up booking a night bus to get to Berlin after Werchter. 10 hour trip for around 35 euros
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin