Options

EURO TOUR 2012..!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Kathi wrote:
    Yeah, I can't imagine what it must be like to have little to no clue what to expect when going into a concert.
    Two words: FUCKING MINDBLOWING

:D:D:D
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,211
    Suziemay wrote:
    Kathi wrote:
    Yeah, I can't imagine what it must be like to have little to no clue what to expect when going into a concert.

+1!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Kathi wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely have more than carry on luggage being away for a month. As for Holocaust museum etc tbh I don't know I could handle it. So intense. With so much else to see I'm sure I'll still be crazy busy for the 3 days or so I'll be in Berlin.

ooh, you're going for a month? that's awesome, enjoy your stay! which places will you be visiting besides Berlin?
    PM sent but here goes: Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Istanbul. Phew! :o OMG!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    morello wrote:
    Kathi wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely have more than carry on luggage being away for a month. As for Holocaust museum etc tbh I don't know I could handle it. So intense. With so much else to see I'm sure I'll still be crazy busy for the 3 days or so I'll be in Berlin.

ooh, you're going for a month? that's awesome, enjoy your stay! which places will you be visiting besides Berlin?
    PM sent but here goes: Manchester, London, Amsterdam, Paris, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Istanbul. Phew! :o OMG!

There's a great place to eat in Paris... if you like meat, and seeing you are from NZ you might do... ;)
    http://www.relaisentrecote.fr/uk/index.html
    They just serve one plate really... But it's AMAZING!!!
  • Options
    If anyone likes burgers, we should arrange a few of us to go to this place in Berlin.
    I will go for sure, but the more the merrier...

Best burger I've ever had, and I've been around...

http://thebirdinberlin.com/
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    morello wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Kathi wrote:

+1!!

I'm going insane from the excitement already! :D
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Manchester pre-party ideas -
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=182254
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    eyejacker wrote:
    If anyone likes burgers, we should arrange a few of us to go to this place in Berlin.

Aw man, I was all excited and then I opened the website and the first words were "The Bird is a New York style bar and steakhouse" :lol::lol: (I live in NYC). Although it could be interesting to see what New York style means to other people, I actually don't really know what people mean when they say that. And I'm sure it's more German than New York anyways.

I might be able to arrange a burger craving for when I'm in Berlin :mrgreen:

Best burger you've ever had, you say?
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    eyejacker wrote:

Aw man, I was all excited and then I opened the website and the first words were "The Bird is a New York style bar and steakhouse" :lol::lol: (I live in NYC). Although it could be interesting to see what New York style means to other people, I actually don't really know what people mean when they say that. And I'm sure it's more German than New York anyways.

I might be able to arrange a burger craving for when I'm in Berlin :mrgreen:

Best burger you've ever had, you say?

It really is very good... And the owners and some staff are from NY i think but it's not like a Fridays or Appleby's or stuff like that... It's proper!! I had a few pretty good burgers in the States, Cheers bar in Boston, and in London like Lucky 7 Diner at Westbourne Park, but this place really is very good!! They used to have a huge burger that if you finished it you didn't have to pay, but they have stopped it I think...
    I really want to have another burger here!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,383
    *** MANCHESTER PRE-PARTY ***

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=182254
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    morello wrote:
    I'm planning on getting to Berlin on the 3rd as well. Don't want any chance of delays etc + I want to be sure to see as much of Berlin as I can fit in a few days.
    Yeah, that's the other thing I'm worried about as well with travel day of. Only day off travel is Oslo-Copenhagen.. SAS don't let me down :D
    Oh oh - relying on SAS :shock:
    1992: Copenhagen, Roskilde. 1996: Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Paris, Zürich, Rome, Milan, Prague, Budapest, Istanbul. 2000: Stockholm, Roskilde. 2006: Prague, Berlin, Vienna. 2007: Munich, Katowice, (Venice), Düsseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen. 2009: Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London. 2010: Dublin, Belfast, Berlin. 2012: Amsterdam x 2, Prague, Berlin x 2, Stockholm, Copenhagen. 2014: Amsterdam x 2, Vienna and Berlin. 2017: London. 2017 Plans: Prague, Krakow, Berlin and London 2 :-)
  • Options
    eyejacker wrote:
    I'm arriving on the 2nd and leaving on the 6th...
    I gotta have a whole day at the zoo and at least half a day for Pergamon, at Berlin!
    Pergamon is EXCELLENT - Been there three times and it's been worth it every singel time :)
    1992: Copenhagen, Roskilde. 1996: Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Paris, Zürich, Rome, Milan, Prague, Budapest, Istanbul. 2000: Stockholm, Roskilde. 2006: Prague, Berlin, Vienna. 2007: Munich, Katowice, (Venice), Düsseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen. 2009: Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London. 2010: Dublin, Belfast, Berlin. 2012: Amsterdam x 2, Prague, Berlin x 2, Stockholm, Copenhagen. 2014: Amsterdam x 2, Vienna and Berlin. 2017: London. 2017 Plans: Prague, Krakow, Berlin and London 2 :-)
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    Kathi wrote:

oh, when you're in Berlin, I personally wouldn't miss the holocaust memorial and museum. it's very very haunting, but they did a beautiful job of realizing it, so if you happen to have a few hours to dedicate to it, I'd definitely suggest it.

god I'm excited. ROLL ON JUNE!
    The Holocaust Museum should not be missed. It is really tough but so worth it - And the memorial is amazing as well. You will never forget it.
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    Suziemay wrote:
    morello wrote:
    I'm planning on getting to Berlin on the 3rd as well. Don't want any chance of delays etc + I want to be sure to see as much of Berlin as I can fit in a few days.
    Yeah, that's the other thing I'm worried about as well with travel day of. Only day off travel is Oslo-Copenhagen.. SAS don't let me down :D

oh no!
    please don't frighten me!! SAS being reliable is going to be really crucial for me as I have booked all my flights through them :?
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    smart wings is czech air company?
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    morello wrote:
    Please tell me SAS is the most reliable airline in the world... PLEASE!!??!! :?
  • Options
    ok..thessaloniki - prague 1st july flight booked....
    now i have a flight to berlin,ill not use at 3rd july and cant cancel..and i loose the money... :roll:
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    ok..thessaloniki - prague 1st july flight booked....
    now i have a flight to berlin,ill not use at 3rd july and cant cancel..and i loose the money... :roll:

a similar thing happened to me.
    But I really want to go to Prague so I can live with it.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    Suziemay wrote:

oh no!
    please don't frighten me!! SAS being reliable is going to be really crucial for me as I have booked all my flights through them :?
    So, so sorry! That was not very nice of me - SAS are totally reliable, so there's absolutely nothing to worry about. Sorry :oops:
    I'm on an SAS-flight my self btw ;)
  • Options
    eyejacker wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Please tell me SAS is the most reliable airline in the world... PLEASE!!??!! :?
    SAS is the most reliable airline in the world. There ...
    No really, there is absoultely nothing to worry about.
    Remember that Denmark is practically a part of Germany - I can't belive I just wrote that!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,448
    Booked air tickets for Los Angeles - London....used United Miles, so now have more money to blow on hotels.

Now just have to book flights from LHR-AMS.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Booked air tickets for Los Angeles - London....used United Miles, so now have more money to blow on hotels.

That's one of the last flights I have to book as well although I'm probably going to go Easyjet from Luton. Seems cheapest & I'm in London for a few days between Man1 & Am'dam1&2.
    <hr>
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

That's one of the last flights I have to book as well although I'm probably going to go Easyjet from Luton. Seems cheapest & I'm in London for a few days between Man1 & Am'dam1&2.

We will prolly fly out of Heathrow so we don't have to schlep from one airport to another.....we are flying to AMS afew hours after we arrive in London.

Are you flying Air NZ?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    morello wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

We will prolly fly out of Heathrow so we don't have to schlep from one airport to another.....we are flying to AMS afew hours after we arrive in London.

Are you flying Air NZ?
    God no. Air NZ's far too expensive unfortunately. It's very nice, was so much nicer when I got put on an AirNZ flight after the United one didn't turn up to get me to the US for PJ20, but nah just the cheapest for me on this trip.
    <hr>
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    morello wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I'm gonna meet my secret Santa! :D
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I'm gonna meet my secret Santa! :D
    Oh yeah. Cool!!!! :)
    <hr>
  • Options
    Which airline are you flying?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Which airline are you flying?
    Emirates. Akl-Sydney-Dubai-Man then Istanbul-Dubai-Melbourne-Akl
    <hr>
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809

yes, partly czech, partly icelanding ...
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    alesek wrote:
    yes, partly czech, partly icelanding ...
    I'm glad they didn't go with dumb wings instead :D