Options

Tweet tweet tweet

Comments

• Options
    sonna wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    sonna wrote:

I'm hoping for Carlisle, Newcastle, Gateshead, Whitley Bay, and the Bell & Bucket in North Shields.

I think thats pretty reasonable :thumbup:

There's some pretty hardcore surfing to be had around Whitley Bay.....

Yes mate Tynemouth is usually packed around the summer with surfers.

Actually thinking about it, I missed out a gig at Tynemouth Priory. I'll add that one to my list :D

I´ll be studying in Newcastle from Jan. to June 2012 :) So I´m in for the Newcastle gig ;) and also for a pre- and post-PJ-gig surf session at Tynemouth.
  • Options
    biggfillbiggfill LA Posts: 41
    please let it be finland
    saw u: 4.7.94 (Rochester, NY), 9.22.96 (Toledo, OH), 6.26.98 (East Troy, WI), 6.27.98 (East Troy, WI), 6.29.98 (Chicago, IL), 07.02.98 (St. Louis, MO), 8.23.98 (Auburn Hills, MI), 6.24.03 (Columbus, OH), 7.1.03 (Bristow, VA), 7.12.03 (Hershey, PA) , 7.14.03 (Holmdel, NJ), 4.20.06 (London, UK), 6.23.06 (Pittsburgh, PA), 9.9.06 (Marseille, FR), 9.11.06 (Paris, FR), 6.8.07 (Lisbon, PT), 6.13.07 (Katowice, PL), 6.18.07 (London, UK), 6.28.07 (Nijmegan, NL), 8.5.07 (Chicago, IL), 6.30.08 (Mansfield, MA), 8.11.09 (London, UK), 8.15.09 (Berlin, DE), 11.25.09 (Brisbane, AU), 11.27.09 (Auckland, NZ), 11.29.09 (Christchurch, NZ), 5.17.10 (Boston, MA), 6.22.10 (Dublin, IE), 6.23.10 (Belfast, UK), 9.3.11 (East Troy, WI), 9.4.11 (East Troy, WI), 7.7.12 (Stockholm, SE), 11.23.13 (Los Angeles, CA), 11.24.13 (Los Angeles, CA), 6.28.14 (Stockholm, SE), 6.29.14 (Oslo, NO), 7.11.14 (Milton Keynes, UK), 10.25.14 (Mountain View, CA), 10.26.14 (Mountain View, CA), 7.10.18 (Barcelona, ES), 8.8.18 (Seattle, WA), 8.10.18 (Seattle, WA), 9.26.21 (Dana Point, CA), 10.1.21 (Dana Point, CA), 10.2.21 (Dana Point, CA)

see u: 2022 (San Diego, CA), 2022 (Los Angeles, CA), 2022 (Los Angeles, CA)
  • Options
    sonnasonna Posts: 377
    Freckles wrote:

I´ll be studying in Newcastle from Jan. to June 2012 :) So I´m in for the Newcastle gig ;) and also for a pre- and post-PJ-gig surf session at Tynemouth.

Which uni? Newcastle or Northumbria?
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • Options
    Faithful_1Faithful_1 Glasgow Posts: 172
    Sloth2 wrote:
    Faithful_1 wrote:
    Still no news then!

I hope they come to Scotland again.....It's been 10 years!

I'm getting married next year and can't afford to travel like usual. Come on lads, get it sorted!

Is she really worth missing out on Pearl Jam?

I took her to Berlin with me last year and it was a fuckin' nightmare! She moaned about having to stand, then we had to go up to the unreserved seating and got a crappy side on view of the stage. I eventually managed to talk her into going back down for the last 4 songs or so. Never again!

This happened and i still went to see Maroon 5 with her :oops:
    SECC - Jun 03, 2000
    Leeds Festival - Aug 25, 2006
    Reading Festival - Aug 27, 2006
    Wembley Arena - Jun 18, 2007
    ISS Dome - Jun 21, 2007
    MEN - Aug 17, 2009
    Odyssey - Jun 23, 2010
    Wuhlheide - Jun 30, 2010
    MEN - Jun 20, 2012
    MEN - Jun 21, 2012
    Leeds - Jul 8, 2014
  • Options
    Sea wrote:
    "Cheerio, Auf Wiedersehen, Farvel…"

The US is THE Melting pot.... I "heard" that they are doing a Broadway stint in NYC for 20 shows in May......................... :lol:8-)
    2009: Philly Night 2
    2010: MSG Night 1 and Night 2
    2011: Eddie Vedder Solo in Philly, PJ20 Alpine Valley Day 1 and Day 2.
    2012: Berlin Night 1(7/4)
    2013: Wrigley Field, Philly 1 and 2
  • Options
    sonna wrote:
    Freckles wrote:

Newcastle Uni
  • Options
    biggfill wrote:
    please let it be finland

I think there's more chance of the lads coming to my home town than yours ;)
    SECC - Jun 03, 2000
    ISS Dome - Jun 21, 2007
    MEN - Aug 17, 2009
    Odyssey - Jun 23, 2010
    Wuhlheide - Jun 30, 2010
    MEN - Jun 20, 2012
    MEN - Jun 21, 2012
    Leeds - Jul 8, 2014
  • Options
    Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    Faithful_1 wrote:
    Sloth2 wrote:
    Faithful_1 wrote:
    Still no news then!

I hope they come to Scotland again.....It's been 10 years!

I'm getting married next year and can't afford to travel like usual. Come on lads, get it sorted!

Is she really worth missing out on Pearl Jam?

I took her to Berlin with me last year and it was a fuckin' nightmare! She moaned about having to stand, then we had to go up to the unreserved seating and got a crappy side on view of the stage. I eventually managed to talk her into going back down for the last 4 songs or so. Never again!

This happened and i still went to see Maroon 5 with her :oops:

Based on your response the answer is "no."

I started off in Row 2 in Berlin. Ended up 10 rows back.

Welcome to Europe - Aussie 8)
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Options
    Sloth2 wrote:

[/quote][/quote]

Can't win em all. Berlin was a great show. Seen them a few days before in Belfast which will take some beating; best show i've ever seen.
    SECC - Jun 03, 2000
    ISS Dome - Jun 21, 2007
    MEN - Aug 17, 2009
    Odyssey - Jun 23, 2010
    Wuhlheide - Jun 30, 2010
    MEN - Jun 20, 2012
    MEN - Jun 21, 2012
    Leeds - Jul 8, 2014
  • Options
    NYCFlyGal17NYCFlyGal17 Posts: 188
    edited December 2011
    SColum wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    SColum wrote:
    I'm a brand new member, and I really want to try to get tickets to whatever or wherever this next announcement will be, as it will be my first of many hopefully shows. My question is can someone explain to me exactly how I can get tickets, I assume I will go under the goods section once its announced or posted, but from there I dont really know how to get them as I assume they will be gone quick, especially after hearing get your f5 fingers ready? Can someone shed some light on this situation please? Thank you

tickets will go on sale at a specific time ... depending on the demand for your tickets - it can be a painful process or a kick to the junk ...

login into the fan club site and goto the tickets page ... as soon as the show is available - you choose your show and hope that there is a buy button at the bottom ... click that and you will be taken to an order confirmation ... say yes ... then you will need to fill in your address and details ... hopefully, you've done that ... then if you are lucky - you will get to the payment page ... hopefully, you get through all those steps and your purchase order is in your order history ...

the primary problems associated with this process is that the servers have been historically inadequate resulting in tickets sitting in baskets ... orders timing out and people losing their tickets before paying for them ... some of that is related to members opening up a gazillion browser windows ... either way ... if you get the buy button ... it is best to keep hitting refresh (F5) until you progress along each step as opposed to hitting back or starting again ... some people would suggest using firefox ... some swear by other browsers ... hard to say ...

there has been talk of improving this process but only time will tell ...

Thanks a lot that clarified it perfectly for me, well hopefully I get to see a show!

what about MAC users... just switched to MAC
    Post edited by NYCFlyGal17 on
    67024_10151295353435766_1894726492_n.jpg
    Becki
  • Options
    Sloth2 wrote:

[/quote][/quote]

Can't win em all. Berlin was a great show. Seen them a few days before in Belfast which will take some beating; best show i've ever seen.
    SECC - Jun 03, 2000
    ISS Dome - Jun 21, 2007
    MEN - Aug 17, 2009
    Odyssey - Jun 23, 2010
    Wuhlheide - Jun 30, 2010
    MEN - Jun 20, 2012
    MEN - Jun 21, 2012
    Leeds - Jul 8, 2014
  • Options
    Freckles wrote:
    sonna wrote:
    Freckles wrote:

Newcastle Uni

Cool. You'll enjoy it here. I've been living here for 5 years or more and the place is great.
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • Options
    KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    Just realized I couldn't buy tix on my Mac (7 hours of trying) and my hubby's computer died a month ago (took me 5 minutes on that). He's been on my case to get a new one but I keep saying no...now I have to say yes so I stand a chance of getting tix...bummer! :? He'll be so happy, he will HAVE to let me go to Europe though :lol:
  • Options
    Faithful_1 wrote:
    Sloth2 wrote:

[/quote]

Can't win em all. Berlin was a great show. Seen them a few days before in Belfast which will take some beating; best show i've ever seen.[/quote]

Berlin was amazing... My first euro show. Still a toss up between Melbourne 2009 and Berlin 2010 as my favourite show ive been to

High Above
    i'll break the law
  • Options
    Katyz wrote:
    Just realized I couldn't buy tix on my Mac (7 hours of trying) and my hubby's computer died a month ago (took me 5 minutes on that). He's been on my case to get a new one but I keep saying no...now I have to say yes so I stand a chance of getting tix...bummer! :? He'll be so happy, he will HAVE to let me go to Europe though :lol:

Hey KatyZ! This is much better news than my Vegas idea!! :lol::lol::lol:
    ***We all Believe***
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    sonna wrote:
    strummers wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

I'm hoping for Carlisle :thumbup:

:thumbup:

I'm hoping for Carlisle and Newcastle!

I'm hoping for Carlisle, Newcastle, Gateshead, Whitley Bay, and the Bell & Bucket in North Shields.

I think thats pretty reasonable :thumbup:

Don't forget The Cluny!

An 'evening with' type affair at The Sage in Gateshead would be immense - that place has the most incredible sound!!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    strummers wrote:

Don't forget The Cluny!

Well if you insist on that then they've gotta play the Cumberland as well :D
    29/05/2000
    17/08/2009
    22/06/2010
    23/06/2010
    20/06/2012
    21/06/2012
    08/07/2014
  • Options
    Sloth2 wrote:
    Faithful_1 wrote:
    Sloth2 wrote:

Can't win em all. Berlin was a great show. Seen them a few days before in Belfast which will take some beating; best show i've ever seen.[/quote]

Berlin was amazing... My first euro show. Still a toss up between Melbourne 2009 and Berlin 2010 as my favourite show ive been to[/quote]

I'd love to get down under for some shows. The last tour looked massive. Going to the US for a Seattle or NY Garden gig would be the ultimate though.
    SECC - Jun 03, 2000
    ISS Dome - Jun 21, 2007
    MEN - Aug 17, 2009
    Odyssey - Jun 23, 2010
    Wuhlheide - Jun 30, 2010
    MEN - Jun 20, 2012
    MEN - Jun 21, 2012
    Leeds - Jul 8, 2014
  • Options
    Ana2112Ana2112 Posts: 689
    polaris_x wrote:
    SColum wrote:
    I'm a brand new member, and I really want to try to get tickets to whatever or wherever this next announcement will be, as it will be my first of many hopefully shows. My question is can someone explain to me exactly how I can get tickets, I assume I will go under the goods section once its announced or posted, but from there I dont really know how to get them as I assume they will be gone quick, especially after hearing get your f5 fingers ready? Can someone shed some light on this situation please? Thank you

tickets will go on sale at a specific time ... depending on the demand for your tickets - it can be a painful process or a kick to the junk ...

login into the fan club site and goto the tickets page ... as soon as the show is available - you choose your show and hope that there is a buy button at the bottom ... click that and you will be taken to an order confirmation ... say yes ... then you will need to fill in your address and details ... hopefully, you've done that ... then if you are lucky - you will get to the payment page ... hopefully, you get through all those steps and your purchase order is in your order history ...

the primary problems associated with this process is that the servers have been historically inadequate resulting in tickets sitting in baskets ... orders timing out and people losing their tickets before paying for them ... some of that is related to members opening up a gazillion browser windows ... either way ... if you get the buy button ... it is best to keep hitting refresh (F5) until you progress along each step as opposed to hitting back or starting again ... some people would suggest using firefox ... some swear by other browsers ... hard to say ...

So, if I understood correctly, the number of tickets here is VERY limited, right? And you have to be lucky to get them? And being in the similar time zone with Seattle helps? :D How long does it take for the tickets to sell out?

One more question. Are the tickets you get here as members cheaper or are the positions you get better? Or is the frenzy just the result of the eager fans’ wish to be the first to have them? Because, after this is sold out there are still thousands of tickets available for the non-members… ?
    Evil Little Goat
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Just to remind everyone of the original note:

A little birdie tweeted us to say "we should have our Ten Club memberships & addresses up to date by the 5th of December." Then he flew away tweeting something that we thought sounded like, "Cheerio, Auf Wiedersehen, Farvel…"

That is today. Which means the earliest anything will be officially announced is tomorrow, December 6.

Now, back to refreshing :lol::lol: (I can't help myself)

Or: Christmas 3 weeks ahead + addresses up to date = holiday single arriving on time this year? :lol::lol: :?:
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Ana2112 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    SColum wrote:

So, if I understood correctly, the number of tickets here is VERY limited, right? And you have to be lucky to get them? And being in the similar time zone with Seattle helps? :D How long does it take for the tickets to sell out?

One more question. Are the tickets you get here as members cheaper or are the positions you get better? Or is the frenzy just the result of the eager fans’ wish to be the first to have them? Because, after this is sold out there are still thousands of tickets available for the non-members… ?

Sometimes waiting for ticketmaster is a better option.... For US shows Ten Club members get privileged seats awarded by 'seniority', but European shows are usually General Admission - without numbered seats - so the Ten Club bonus is you often get earlier admission, so you can be pressed up against the front row!c ;)
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Ana2112 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    SColum wrote:

Dunno if very limited is correct, but it can be difficult. Although personally i've never had any problems. But that was in Australia,

The tickets inmy experience have been slightly more expensive, again that could be an australian thing, but more than likely the venue going "if you want priority, you pay for it"

High Above
    i'll break the law
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    sonna wrote:
    strummers wrote:

Don't forget The Cluny!

Well if you insist on that then they've gotta play the Cumberland as well :D

That goes without saying!

Shit, better not leave the university venues out either.......
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Ana2112Ana2112 Posts: 689
    Thanks, guys. :)

@Sloth2 – So in Australia you also get earlier admission if you buy tickets here? I’ve never heard of such thing. In Europe in my experience you get the front row only by showing up a few hours early. No privileged admission. But I’ve never been to a pearl jam show, so… :)
    Evil Little Goat
  • Options
    Pressing F5 the whole day without any news at all :( It's midnight here and monday is soon over. So what's the idea of announcing something to european fans if it's gonna be in the middle of the night here? :? I guess it'll be a sleepless night. Don't wanna wake up tomorrow and all the tickets are gone...
    Houston Tx@The Vatican 1991, Stockholm@Moderna Museet 1992, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 1995, Warzawa@Torwar 1996, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 2000, Oslo@Spectrum 2000, Berlin@Wuhlheide 2009, Stockholm@Globen 2012, Oslo@Spectrum 2012, Copenhagen@Forum 2012, Amsterdam x2 2014, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014 (Strangest Tribe!), London 2018, Berlin 2018, Seattle 1+2 2018.... 
  • Options
    Ana2112 wrote:

@Sloth2 – So in Australia you also get earlier admission if you buy tickets here? I’ve never heard of such thing. In Europe in my experience you get the front row only by showing up a few hours early. No privileged admission. But I’ve never been to a pearl jam show, so… :)

Pearl Jam stylee is you get a wrist band when you pick up your Ten Club ticket, and the venue let the people with wrist bands in first, and they all charge in to get their spot. Separate queues.....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Pressing F5 the whole day without any news at all :( It's midnight here and monday is soon over. So what's the idea of announcing something to european fans if it's gonna be in the middle of the night here? :? I guess it'll be a sleepless night. Don't wanna wake up tomorrow and all the tickets are gone...

There will be an announcement of when the tickets will go on sale - days away - they don't usually just put the tickets straight up. The announcement will probably come tomorrow early in the working day Seattle time
    Post edited by tremors on

• Options
    Ana2112 wrote:

Ana it has worked two ways.

In the shows where it is a seated venue you get priority tickets

In shows where it is GA, you get wrist bands and early entry.

High Above
    i'll break the law
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,459
    as it seems there was a big issue,with eople couldnt renew the last days..so need toi fix the renewal first..no we are good to go..seems tomorrow or next days.we get the news :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

There will be an announcement of when the tickets will go on sale - days away - they don't usually just put the tickets straight up. The announcement will probably come tomorrow early in the working day Seattle time

Yeah I guess you're right. Hopefully that is the deal. I know I'll wake up and check in though a few times to make sure :lol:
    Houston Tx@The Vatican 1991, Stockholm@Moderna Museet 1992, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 1995, Warzawa@Torwar 1996, Stockholm@Sjöhistoriska 2000, Oslo@Spectrum 2000, Berlin@Wuhlheide 2009, Stockholm@Globen 2012, Oslo@Spectrum 2012, Copenhagen@Forum 2012, Amsterdam x2 2014, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014 (Strangest Tribe!), London 2018, Berlin 2018, Seattle 1+2 2018.... 
This discussion has been closed.