Options

*** Santa Barbara Fanviews Here 4/10/2008***

Comments

• Options
    STLJOESTLJOE St. Louis, MO Posts: 132
    Got back to St. Louis late last night and just wanted to share a few thoughts about an amazing evening of music. First, the guy who got tackled in front of the stage was definitely not with the crew. I was in Row F and about 20 mins into Ed's set the girlfriend of the guy directly in front of me got up to go to the restroom. As soon as she was out in the aisle this guy in a white coat forced his way past her boyfriend and told him he was going to stand in her place until she got back. The boyfriend looked pissed as hell and looked for a second like he was going to deck the guy but didn't. The guy in the white jacket was either a) wasted; b) mentally challenged; c) a world class asshole or; d) all of the above. He was lurking around and clearly looking for trouble. Cudos to security for tackling him.

Highlights of the night were Ed's entrance; Story about the 12 year olds; Santa Barbara poem; his version of Porch was unbelievable; Society with Liam Finn (which I agree with Ed is my favorite Into The Wild song); and the crowd. I don't get the comments about the crowd being lame. Down where I was everyone was really into it and having a great time.

To sum up, I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to see this amazing artist, by himself, treating us to his tremendous talents. I will certainly never forget it.
    3/14/94; 4/22/03; 7/9/03; 10/5/04; 5/17/06; 8/2/07; 8/5/07; 8/23/09; 5/4/10; 5/9/10; 5/20/10; 5/21/10; 9/3/11; 9/4/11; 9/2/12; 9/21/12; 7/19/13; 11/15/13; 11/16/13; 12/4/13; 12/6/13
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    Cosmo wrote:
    Santa Barbara is a special place for me. I regard her as my pleasant neighbor to the North. She greeted us all with her warm Spring sunshine aside the brilliance that is the Pacific Ocean.
    The Arlington Theater is a restored movie house built in the granduer, reminicent of the old Hollywood style. Walking into the main theater, I think the best way to describe her is... if you've ever been on the 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' ride at Disneyland, that's what it's like. It looks like you are in the open air courtyard of a grand Spanish Villa. We were indoors, but the feel is that of an outdoor venue with the ceiling painted up as the warm Santa Barbarian sky. The side opera boxes are disguised as balcony rooms, where the house piano greets patrons as they settle into their seats. This was where the show opened.
    As the house lights dimmed, a lone piano player played a simple tune... turned to greet the audience and repelled down a rope like a swash buckling pirate and hopped onto the stage. Nice grand entrance, Ed.
    Ed's stage is sparse and open. Amps were not the usual Hi-Watt and Vox boxes you'd expect to see at a Pearl Jam gig, more like the vintage Fender boxes you'd normally see Neil Young set up at his acoustic shows of the 1970s. A stool, 3 guitar stands, a reel-to-reel tape player and an empty Cervesa Corona box with a kick pedal as a bass drum. For reasons beyond my control, I missed several of Ed's pre-set openers during the 2006 tour. This show caught me up, all in one shot.
    'Walking the Cow', 'Throw Your Arms Around Me', 'I Am Mine'... all of the Ed pre-set staples. The crowd, for the most part, was pleasant. There were the usual 'Look at Me' types in the audience, shouting out inaudible requests and other assorted moronic statements, but Ed (and his humour riddled attitude) pretty much got them under control. The set was a nice mix of his pre-set songs, the beautiful songs from the 'Into The Wild' soundtrack and some nice spins on covers, with a couple of Pearl Jam songs tossed into the mix.
    Now, I like big, loud electric rock shows as much as the next guy... but, there is something about one man acoustic shows that are special. I believe it is the fact that you cannot hide behind volume and distortion and the words of the songs ring out from the voice in their simple, scaled down truths. And this show (as with the other acoustic shows) showcased the voice that we all love to hear.
    Being Santa Barbara was special enough... when Ben Harper was 'pulled from the audience' to sing... it made it all the more, an exceptional evening. I had just seen Ben at Tom Morello's little show in Hollywood the night before. I was fortunate enough to see and talk to Ben that night, because at Tom's shows, there isn't an exclusive backstage... the aritsts are milling about the lobby and bar area with the rest of us reg'lur folk. It was really a great surprize to see and hear him pop up here.
    This was my first show of this mini-tour and it turned out to be a wonderful beginning to a week I have been looking forward to for a long, long time. As with other Pearl Jam shows... some my my favorite memories are seeing the faces of those people whom I only see when the band is in town. With my life growing longer, my memory grows shorter and I am sorry to admit that I forget the names. But, I know the faces and the happiness they must feel. That counts for something, right? I especially would like to thank Linda from New Orleans who let my frined upgrade his seat from Row U to Row D, so he could enjoy the show with us. Thank you... that was very kind of you and reminds me of how great fans of Pearl Jam are.
    To everyone that will be enjoying the rest of the tour... have a great time. For those of you who are not able to attend... I wish you were here.
    peace... love... surf...

WOW!
    Thanks for sharing. Oh how I wish I could have been there.
    I wanna hear about you meeting Ben.
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
    ed started the show by playing the piano there

THEN

threw a rope over the rail and descended down the rope into the crowd and onto the stage.....

I was sitting right where he landed. I even snuck a camera in but I was too stunned to take it out & then I was too terrified of getting hauled out by those enormous bouncers.
    Even though he obviously was in a good mood & I loved it when that young woman ( I can't remember her name) yelled out that she loved him & he made her yell her name back so he could say " I love you too.......<insert name here> ". That was really sweet- he must be mellowing in his old age.

I thought he seemed sober too- and while he was enjoying himself, I also sensed he was pretty nervous, but by the time the last shows roll around he should be really having a good time :)

I enjoyed Liams set as well- but I admit I did leave to go get a poster & a DVD. It was an interesting juxtaposition from the concert at the Arlington the night before.
    Very different crowd. ;
    note to Ed
    Nadja came out at intermission and did autographs for those who bought CDs. I bought two & had her sign my program as well :)hint hint.

I did think the program was a nice surprise, but I didn't really get the tours connection to Evel Knievel :confused:
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    Myself and my group had such a great time at the SB show! Ed exceeded our expectations. Great sound, what a voice and really, what a guitar player! He wailed on "Porch" like nobody's business. I loved the Tom Petty cover "I Won't Back Down" ....that concert was such an emotional ride for me. My heart was pounding, then flying, then crying then, just excited.....can't help but say it, sexually excited too! (But that happens in Ed's presence). It was so different than the Ed of Pearl Jam.....the talent was ooooozing, his presence was divine,
    the voice, oh the voice, so smooth, soulful, sexy, rockin', soothing......I could go on. Just can't get over it...even three days later I am still thinking it and feeling it.....he brought the audience to a "Hard Sun" climax, which was so powerful.
    My only complaint was the security at the Arlington....what a bunch of Nazi's.
    Too many of them with nothing to do. All I can say is "thank you Ed for a wonderful sleep that night"......I did get up in front for about 15 seconds before being booted back to my seat which was about half-way back and saw Ed a few feet away....he looked very healthy, rested and about 20 years old. What hotty! (Sorry-have to go there!)
    Kat Reazer
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    krzzzymary wrote:
    WOW!
    Thanks for sharing. Oh how I wish I could have been there.
    I wanna hear about you meeting Ben.
    I met Ben at Tom Morello's 'Nightwatchman' show at the 200 capacity Hotel Cafe (same place I met him at Pete Townshend's acoustic gig). I talked to him for about 20 minutes about stuff and asked if he would be checking out Eddie's gigs. He said, Yeah... I'm going Sunday. I asked if he was going as an audience member or as an artist. He said he'd be onstage for a couple of songs. Cool.
    I didn't want to spoil it for anyone going to the Sunday show (although I did tell a couple of people at the Santa Barbara gig).
    Tonight's show was great... we sang Happy Birthday for a video Ed is sending to his grandma Margaret's for her 90th birthday. Ben did 'No More' and 'All Along The Watchtower' (with Jack Irons at the kit). Sandy Eggo on Tuesday.
    Didn't meet Ed after the show. There were a ton of people, including papparazzi scum... real TMZ papparazzi scum.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    look at this pic
    notice the balcolny on the upper right of the theater
    ed started the show by playing the piano there
    THEN
    threw a rope over the rail and descended down the rope into the crowd and onto the stage...
    As soon as I saw Eddie's silhouette from the right side balcony - I punched my sister in the arm. I told her THAT'S EDDIE playing the piano! She said, NO WAY! Just then the rope was thrown over the rail. I couldn't help but let out a gasp as Ed began repelling down to the stage.

IMMHO, the show that started with Ed's stunt was well worth the price of admission!
    Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    HER MAJESTY!?!?! we need some fucking boots!
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Did anyone else see the Rat... on the Cat... on the Dog?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,555
    Cosmo wrote:

On State Street? Yeah. I have seen that dog and cat before. Pretty cool.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    On State Street? Yeah. I have seen that dog and cat before. Pretty cool.
    Yeah... out on the street. That's a pretty cool trick.
    Hell... I can't get my damn cats to crap in the catbox... let alone, stand on a dog's back with a rat on theirs.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Cosmo wrote:

yep! first i saw the dog sleeping, then the cat atop said sleeping dog then the rat hanging out on the bench.....then later seeing them in transit.....the dog being the mode of transportation for cat and rat.....it was like a bizzaro looney tunes cartoon :eek :D
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Yeah... out on the street. That's a pretty cool trick.
    Hell... I can't get my damn cats to crap in the catbox... let alone, stand on a dog's back with a rat on theirs.

Shit, I didn't see the rat. Just the dog and the cat. Damn, I feel like I missed out now.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    The Santa Barbara Show was an absolute highlight in my life. What an intimate setting, and Ed..more amazing than I can ever remember. Maybe it's just 'cause everything was so mello, man FANTASTIC. I do want thank Eddie though...when I shouted "I love you Eddie Vedder" and he answered back, I swear I never thought I'd see the day. I was frustrated that he couln't hear my last name, which is D'Aries. I told my husband, I should have shouted MY last (maiden) name...it is much easier..Pitcher... Oh well...will never forget that night as long as I live. I went home so giddy, and I hadn't slept in about 22 hours...I was on a CLOUD!! I LOVE YOU EDDIE VEDDER!!!!!
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    The Santa Barbara Show was an absolute highlight in my life. What an intimate setting, and Ed..more amazing than I can ever remember. Maybe it's just 'cause everything was so mello, man FANTASTIC. I do want thank Eddie though...when I shouted "I love you Eddie Vedder" and he answered back, I swear I never thought I'd see the day. I was frustrated that he couln't hear my last name, which is D'Aries. I told my husband, I should have shouted MY last (maiden) name...it is much easier..Pitcher... Oh well...will never forget that night as long as I live. I went home so giddy, and I hadn't slept in about 22 hours...I was on a CLOUD!! I LOVE YOU EDDIE VEDDER!!!!!
    oh my god you lucky girl!!! i think he heard it, he just couldn't pronounce it... or he was just trying to get a joke out of it. :)

that was an awesome show indeed. i haven't read through this thread so it was prob mentioned, but some of my favorite lines:
    -"it was a bad idea to jump off the balcony and then go into two lullabies"
    -"who here is from santa barbara? i don't know how much you people travel or get out, but just to let you know...the rest of the world doesn't look like this. no wonder you're all so f*cking happy and boisterous"

:D
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428

christina!! hey--it's Janet...still love this story and we will find you (somehow) a way to listen to that again. and again. annndddd aaagggaaainnnn
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    Yeahhhhh mann!! NO ONE can ever take that away From Me!!! Tee hee heee....giggle *giggle...You ROCK Janet...Would love to tty about some travel plans.....
    That moment in time has inspired me to write some real cool shit too.........Loved the Santa Barbara comment.. so happy we made the ride up there from LA...I just knew the setting would be WAY better...Untill the next time...Its time for some Bourbon........

Christina

I know I need help...I just can't help it........cpd 08
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,913
    First show of the West Coast for me. It was amazing! Firstly, i hear this guy play the piano from the top right. Who was it? It be ED!!!! He played the fuck out of those guitars that night. Hearing Millworker that strongly strum'd was just intense. The night was just magical.

I seen many friends from the pit & rm boards & many from myspace.
    My cousin took a few pictures inside the preparty. Will post them up later on myspace & facebook.

Congrads to the winner of the 55 dvd box set! ;)
    Enjoy the show's man! :)

Cheers!

D
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,917
    Life
    Vedder has a vast repertoire to sing from on his solo tour
    Bill Locey; Music writer

17 April 2008
    Ventura County Star

Eddie Vedder, with a different stringed instrument for seemingly every song, played a bunch of them, and those who packed the sold-out Arlington Theatre in Santa Barbara seemed satisfied to have gotten their 78 bucks worth of entertainment.

The Pearl Jam frontman was traveling light for this West Coast tour - which ended Wednesday night at the Spreckels Theatre in San Diego. For his S.B. stop late last week, he was pretty much a guy with a bunch of guitars (and also a mandolin and a ukulele) and a stool, plucking songs from his vast repertoire of band songs, solo stuff and several well-chosen covers.

This was truly an intergenerational gathering, including geezers of rock, Pearl Jam fans and a bunch of screechy middle school girls all bent on bonding with Eddie.

As the usual concert excitement turned to impatience, with fans even cheering the roadies in white lab coats temporarily mistaken for rock stars, the applause became a quick crescendo then faded, and the bubble-gummers even tried a wave but it was about as calm as Lake Cachuma.

About half past 9, the lights went out, making it even darker than the next time zone where I parked my truck, and a lone spotlight found Vedder not onstage but on one of the small, unused balconies high to the right of the stage.

He acknowledged the cheers, then tossed what looked like a bedsheet over the side, threatening a little Rapunzel action. That's exactly what happened as Vedder rappelled down the sheet and strode onstage. It was tough to beat his intro. I'd like to see Meat Loaf try that one.

Vedder was relaxed and chatty throughout, bantering with the crowd, which took directions well. When Vedder told the crowd to shut the bleep up and when he invited a sing-along, they did with religious fervor.

Talking directly to the middle-schoolers from Ojai whom he evidently met before the show, the rock star offered some sage career advice: "Align yourself with Satan at an early age and you all will have a tour bus."

He also marveled at the wonders of Santa Barbara, and maybe the rent that only he and a few of the fans could afford. When Vedder asked, "Whereya from?" only about a quarter claimed to be Santa Barbara born and raised. "Have you been to the rest of the world?" the rock star asked the fans. "I have and it's a dark and scary place. No wonder you're all so happy."

Pausing for a smoke break about halfway through, Vedder read a poem, newly written that day, extolling the joys of being a drunken student at UCSB.

He got a rousing roar of approval, especially when he sort of rhymed "Devo" with "Montecito."

The locals would recall that the greatest song ever written about UCSB and about college life in general was by a couple of gauchos: "Barbara's Song," off the only Los Guys album from the '90s.

Time to rock

But the crowd didn't come for local history; they came for Vedder's and Pearl Jam's back pages on this, his first solo tour.

Getting a chance to show off his own guitar licks, Vedder was proficient and then some, his hand becoming a blur when it came time to rock out and his big baritone filling the room.

The Pearl Jam biggies such as "I Am Mine" had the sitters swaying, and the crowd passed the memory test on the sing-along version of the Beatles' "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away," correctly shouting, "Hey!" at the chorus.

Later, they got the "Don't back down" part right from the Tom Petty hit of the same name.

Near the end, Vedder covered a Bob Dylan tune, "Forever Young."

‘Wild' Vedder

In between, there was lots of stuff off Vedder's solo soundtrack album "Into the Wild," a perfect choice for his surfer dude persona.

The opener was Liam Finn, kid of the Split Enz dudes accompanied by one Eliza Jane Barnes, who occasionally caterwauled not unlike Deborah Iyall of Romeo Void, once upon a time on this very stage.

The other band members were of the plug-in variety - they were machines. Otherwise, how could there be guitar solos with no guitar player? Maybe they were really skinny or else Finn took turns really playing a real guitar, letting some ghost guitar continue to play itself as he sat beating on a drum set.

His major miscalculation occurred when he asked for requests. The shouted answer was a no-brainer: "Eddie Vedder!"

Finn's songs were memorable only for their lack of musicality and too much screaming. The set ender featured extra screaming and since when did static become a musical instrument?
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    Met Ed after the show..........him and ben harper ran to the buss about 2am..... and ben harper leaving.......ed came out about 4am and signed for all 27 people out there.........Ed was so cool........Ed for Prez!
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    i know some people saw this guy when you were in town for the sb show. here is a youtube of it, the dog, cat, rat trio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D85yrIgA4Nk&feature=related
  • Options
    i know some people saw this guy when you were in town for the sb show. here is a youtube of it, the dog, cat, rat trio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D85yrIgA4Nk&feature=related

Haha. Yeah! There it is.
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    nice set

wish I could've been there.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    I've been trying to get an audience recording of the SB show...no luck...
    Thats cool that it was talked about in LA... I LOVE this PJ community....what a bunch of cool ass people......I have good taste..heehee....
  • Options
    in due time ...
  • Options
    I recieved a recording of the show!!! It's soooooo clear, and beautiful. HIS VOICE IS AMAZING! THANK YOU EDGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXO!!
  • Options
    I recieved a recording of the show!!! It's soooooo clear, and beautiful. HIS VOICE IS AMAZING! THANK YOU EDGAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXO!!

could i get some love of that recording too? pretty please! :)
  • Options
    given2fly10given2fly10 Posts: 485
    demetrios wrote:
    i 2nd that and does anyone have LA2
    And he still gives his love, he just gives it away, The love he receives is the love that is saved, And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky, A human being that was given to fly

no bed=no brian

coke sucks
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    demetrios wrote:

3rd!! :)
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    cutback wrote:
    3rd!! :)

me too please :)
  • Options
    PJArtistPJArtist New Orleans Posts: 542
    I especially would like to thank Linda from New Orleans who let my frined upgrade his seat from Row U to Row D, so he could enjoy the show with us. Thank you... that was very kind of you and reminds me of how great fans of Pearl Jam are.
    To everyone that will be enjoying the rest of the tour... have a great time. For those of you who are not able to attend... I wish you were here.
    peace... love... surf...[/quote]

I'm glad I could help . . . pleasure was mine. Enjoyed our talk. It was fun to sit next to some genuine Pearl Jam fans. One in a million show. Worth the trip from New Orleans. By the way, did you ever get to meet Ed that night?
    New Orleans 00/Seattle 02/New Orleans, Houston, Dallas 03/
    Kissimmee 04/Montreal 05/Chicago 06/Gorge 06/Leeds 06/London 07/Lollapalooza 07/EV Chicago 08/EV Santa Barbara 08/Bonnaroo 08/EV @ McCartney NY 09/EV Atlanta 09/Spectrum 09 (4 shows)/Jazz Fest '10/Voices for Justice (EV) 10/Columbus 10/Noblesville 10/EV Sydney, Melbourne 11/EV Philadelphia, Detroit 11/Alpine weekend/Toronto 11 (2 shows)/Made in America 2012/Deluna Fest 2012/Missoula 2012/Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Dallas, OKC, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle 2013/Global Citizen/Florida 16/MSG 16/Wrigley 16