Options

***Official Led Zeppelin Thread***

Comments

• Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I'm kind of confused why they would make such a big deal out of this count down if it was just a DVD release, but I won't get my hopes up. Too much. 8-)

Same here - I would hope it's something more. The DVD info. has been circulating for a while and is all but officially confirmed anyway. I'd like to hear some "new" music, even if it's old unreleased stuff - anything but another re-master/re-issue box set. I'll buy the DVD anyway.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I'm kind of confused why they would make such a big deal out of this count down if it was just a DVD release, but I won't get my hopes up. Too much. 8-)

Same here - I would hope it's something more. The DVD info. has been circulating for a while and is all but officially confirmed anyway. I'd like to hear some "new" music, even if it's old unreleased stuff - anything but another re-master/re-issue box set. I'll buy the DVD anyway.

Some well done vinyl reissues would be great. Not sure when they did the most recent ones, but by most accounts another run of those would be absolutely fantastic.

I'm not sure they have much old stuff. Alot of it was robbed from Page's vault long ago and is in circulation. But even most of that stuff was demo material that they actually turned into full blown tunes. I would jizz in my pants for a Beatles Anthology type cd/bluray release from them. The Ten Years Gone demo is one of the coolest bits of music I have in my collection. It's just a small section of the solo, but you can hear Page run through it, rewind and add the next overlaid part.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,537
    I'll buy the DVD anyway.

Yeah I would buy basically anything "new" that they put out.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813

+1
    :thumbup:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    It would be sweet if the Blu ray included the shepperton rehearsals.
  • Options
    It would be sweet if the Blu ray included the shepperton rehearsals.

Yeah, those soundboard rehearsals are sweet. Wish it had No Quarter in full. Be cool even though, knowing Page some of that will be used for fixes.
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    I was just thinking...when was the last time some major type of release came out for the band? 2003 with the DVD and "How the West Was Won"?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Newch91 wrote:
    I was just thinking...when was the last time some major type of release came out for the band? 2003 with the DVD and "How the West Was Won"?

Definitely the last completely new thing, but I believe Mothership and TSRTS reissue have been put out since then. I highly recommend the TSRTS reissue. There's a little editing, mostly to the banter, but there are several extra tunes that make it feel more like a complete show musically.

6 extra tunes and they made Dazed and Confused longer somehow. It's both side of one record in the 4lp box. I think No Quarter, Whole Lotta Love, and Moby Dick may be a tad shorter, but you get Black Dog, Over the Hills..., Misty Mt Hop, SIBLY, The Ocean and Heartbreaker as extra tunes.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Definitely the last completely new thing, but I believe Mothership and TSRTS reissue have been put out since then. I highly recommend the TSRTS reissue. There's a little editing, mostly to the banter, but there are several extra tunes that make it feel more like a complete show musically.
    Ah yes! Forgot about those coming out around the time of the reunion. I have the TSRTS reissue CD but not the DVD. Thanks for the reminder Dewie!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    Newch91 wrote:

They did that 'Mothership' collection (I think that's what it was called). CD/DVD best hits thing. Bought it just to buy something. Some great concert footage. Epic band. Man were they good!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Led Zeppelin to fly back into the charts with new DVD
    Rockers Led Zeppelin are set to top the charts again at Christmas — with their famous 2007 comeback gig.
    Jimmy Page, 68, Robert Plant, 64, John Paul Jones, 64, and late drummer John Bonham’s son Jason, 46, reunited at London’s O2 Arena.
    And guitar legend Jimmy has been working with engineers to master audio from the show for release on CD/DVD and Blu-ray.
    A source told The Sun: “Jimmy has been in the studio making sure everything is perfect ".

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... w-DVD.html
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    So the rumored release date is 11/22 interesting they would they pick thanksgiving for a global release.
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Led Zeppelin to fly back into the charts with new DVD
    Rockers Led Zeppelin are set to top the charts again at Christmas — with their famous 2007 comeback gig.
    Jimmy Page, 68, Robert Plant, 64, John Paul Jones, 64, and late drummer John Bonham’s son Jason, 46, reunited at London’s O2 Arena.
    And guitar legend Jimmy has been working with engineers to master audio from the show for release on CD/DVD and Blu-ray.
    A source told The Sun: “Jimmy has been in the studio making sure everything is perfect ".

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... w-DVD.html
    Only one person we can trust with something like this and that is Page. Glad he is making sure it's perfect. :thumbup:
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    :thumbup: Me too.
  • Options
    I am excited because, from the vids I've watched on Youtube, it seemed they nailed it that night. If I'm brutally honest though, I was kinda hoping for some unreleased stuff... like a Led Zep rarities comp which, as far as I'm aware, has never been done officially, which is pretty incredible when you think about it. When the first "FIVE" went up on Facebook I thought it meant a kind of Led Zep V album, tracks they demoed / recorded in between IV and Houses of Holy that didn't see the light of day. Guess I was setting myself up for disappointment with that mindset :D I'm sure I will love this bluray.
  • Options
    JimNastics wrote:
    I am excited because, from the vids I've watched on Youtube, it seemed they nailed it that night. If I'm brutally honest though, I was kinda hoping for some unreleased stuff... like a Led Zep rarities comp which, as far as I'm aware, has never been done officially, which is pretty incredible when you think about it. When the first "FIVE" went up on Facebook I thought it meant a kind of Led Zep V album, tracks they demoed / recorded in between IV and Houses of Holy that didn't see the light of day. Guess I was setting myself up for disappointment with that mindset :D I'm sure I will love this bluray.
    Wasn't "Coda" kind of like that? Unreleased stuff.

Either way, a Zeppelin release is always a good thing.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,537
    Newch91 wrote:
    Wasn't "Coda" kind of like that? Unreleased stuff.

Physical Graffiti also had a lot of old unreleased stuff, mixed with new stuff. You can hear the contrast of the old high voice with the new throaty voice if you pay attention to Plant's singing on that album.

Considering so so songs on Coda like Darlene and Poor Tom, I'm not that worried about getting more unreleased stuff. I doubt there's another, say, Wearing & Tearing out there.

Looking forward to the blu-ray. I will enjoy it, even if it's not an earth-shattering announcement.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Considering so so songs on Coda like Darlene and Poor Tom, I'm not that worried about getting more unreleased stuff. I doubt there's another, say, Wearing & Tearing out there.

I think both of those songs are pretty cool musically. Darlene could use some better lyrics, but it always reminded me of the rockers on IV. And Poor Tom, again, could use a better vocal performance, but musically is very cool. Reminds me of Can't Keep much more than the common GTF/GTC comparison.

I agree they did exhaust most of their ideas during their active career though. There were a few leftovers that made it to Page's solo work. Swan Song turned into The Firm's Midnight Moonlight and there are a few others that are distinctly more Zeppelin-esque....Emerald Eyes, Wanna Make Love
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    My dad just gave me cd composed of Led Zep songs. In return, I handed him Lost Dogs. I hope he likes it!
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    My dad just gave me cd composed of Led Zep songs. In return, I handed him Lost Dogs. I hope he likes it!

Excellent trade - for both of you! :thumbup:
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Excellent trade - for both of you! :thumbup:

Yup! I enjoy Led Zep, I need to listen to them more though.
  • Options
    By Rolling Stone
    September 12, 2012 2:30 PM ETThe John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts has announced the seven recipients of the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors. Buddy Guy, Led Zeppelin, David Letterman, Dustin Hoffman and ballerina Natalia Makarova will be honored by the Kennedy Center. Though Led Zeppelin will receive honors as a band, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant will each receive Kennedy Center Honors.

"Buddy Guy is a titan of the blues and has been a tremendous influence on virtually everyone who has picked up an electric guitar in the last half century," said Kennedy Center Chairman David M. Rubenstein in a press release. "David Letterman is one of the most influential personalities in the history of television, entertaining an entire generation of late-night viewers with his unconventional wit and charm . . . and Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant transformed the sound of rock & roll with their lyricism and innovative song structures, infusing blues into the sound of rock & roll and laying the foundation for countless rock bands."

The Kennedy Center Honors will be presented on December 1st, with the Honors Gala on December 2nd. The gala will air December 26th on CBS.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... z26I9qQ8Pg
    platessmall.jpg
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,606
    sorry, didn't backread, lol.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=179336

The heavily rumored LED ZEPPELIN live CD/DVD from 2007 is apparently not only coming to DVD, but also movie theaters.

The band has been counting down to an official announcement, which is expected on Thursday, regarding the release of the set.

London's The Sun — which is hardly the most reputable resource for rock release schedules — posted that the concert, which was captured during ZEPPELIN's reunion show on December 10, 2007 at London's O2 Arena, will be released on CD, DVD, and Blu-ray disc on November 22.

Cineplex has revealed its plans to premiere the new package, "Led Zeppelin: Celebration Day", in its theaters on October 17.
  • Options
    It's a Wednesday! Hopefully the Waterbury theater will have it playing. Zeppelin on the big screen with surround sound is going to be amazing.
  • Options
    I want to pretend that the cryptic videos were a harbinger of a reunion tour with 10 consecutive dates at MSG. :mrgreen:

Greatest rock band ever.

Period.
  • Options
    Doing my Zep discography run. Up first, 1!
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Now I have to go listen to Led Zep, been a while but I always return.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014