Comments

• whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    cdysinge said:

Damn x 2. What is wrong with people.

I know, right??
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Posts: 2,682
    Sad that there are still people in my country who don't believe in equality
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    old...a friend's band is opening for some old 80s hair bands...I never saw them back in the 80s.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    OMG!! Like killing this lady!! Fuck!! How is it people can take the SIMPLEST of jobs and make it tediously complicated!?!?!? And WHY? And how many times do I have to tell someone that I'm trying to sleep??? I just offered to do something nice for someone.. And now it's a three ring circus! The job can't even begin until this crappy weather clears.. Oh my head hurts.. I just want to sleep.. Not argue via text.. :-(
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    Horrible. I have a terrible cold. It ruined my extra long weekend, and now I've had to call in sick to work. I am bored shitless.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Horrible. I have a terrible cold. It ruined my extra long weekend, and now I've had to call in sick to work. I am bored shitless.

Hope you feel better soon! I HATE being sick.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    PJ_Soul said:

Feel Better PJ Soul. When my throat is fucked I cut a lemon into quarters and put it in water to boil for tea. Something about using the whole lemon in the boiling water makes it work better than if you just throw a piece of lemon or just the juice into tea once its brewed/while it's brewing. You just have to watch out for the pits while you drink or fish them out with a spoon. But it makes my throat feel a million times better.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890

PJ_Soul said:

Thanks!
    Yeah, it's the worst! Especially not being able to do anything.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Thanks!
    Yeah, it's the worst! Especially not being able to do anything.
    I KNOW! You can't do anything, but you're bored as FUCK!! Worst catch 22 ever!
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Feeling like I need to catch a break.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Headachey...my allergies are driving me up the wall today...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Really emotional.. My boss "died" today at work.. Right in front of me and his wife.. Had to do CPR, finally got hkm back 'online ' when the medics hot there with the defibrillator. Now he's in ICU.. And my job is up in the air. Also got a text from the professor I've been working with at UCDavis, and he is considering publishing a part of my own and two others involved in this last study's' work! So it's just been a really weird day..
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230

Really emotional.. My boss "died" today at work.. Right in front of me and his wife.. Had to do CPR, finally got hkm back 'online ' when the medics hot there with the defibrillator. Now he's in ICU.. And my job is up in the air. Also got a text from the professor I've been working with at UCDavis, and he is considering publishing a part of my own and two others involved in this last study's' work! So it's just been a really weird day..

Wow, he was really lucky you were there and you were most likely instrumental in saving his life doing the CPR until the medics got there with the equipment! Nice job Whispering Hands!

Wow, he was really lucky you were there and you were most likely instrumental in saving his life doing the CPR until the medics got there with the equipment! Nice job Whispering Hands!
    Thank you. But I don't feel like I did enough.. And I'll never get the sound of Miss Jean's crying out of my mind.. That poor woman if he passes she'll be lost without him. Just such a freaky day..
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418

Wow! Just WOW! I took a nap today and you brought somebody back to life. You rock, WH!
    I'm afraid to go to sleep.. I truly know that the medical field is not my thing.. And I don't feel like I rock.. I feel like it was lucky I'd picked up that shift.. But I just want to cry. I have seen enough death in my lifetime.. And the worst part is, I know that it is not nearly over.. A
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Let me tell you something, WH. When someone asks me what I did today, my answer is "Well, I talked to my sister on the phone, then took a nap after lunch." Nothing wrong with that. It's my day off. Your answer is quite different. Call it luck, call it whatever. I understand that emotionally you are probably all over the place, but you did something amazing today.
    Hobbes said:

Let me tell you something, WH. When someone asks me what I did today, my answer is "Well, I talked to my sister on the phone, then took a nap after lunch." Nothing wrong with that. It's my day off. Your answer is quite different. Call it luck, call it whatever. I understand that emotionally you are probably all over the place, but you did something amazing today.

Thank you.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    edited May 2015

I'm afraid to go to sleep.. I truly know that the medical field is not my thing.. And I don't feel like I rock.. I feel like it was lucky I'd picked up that shift.. But I just want to cry. I have seen enough death in my lifetime.. And the worst part is, I know that it is not nearly over.. A

You're allowed to feel how you feel. You don't have to feel like a rock, but you helped save a man's life today. And if you picked up that shift as you say - seems like you were meant to be there for him at that moment. I think you got a reminder of just how much potential you have, how much you are capable of.

Best wishes to your boss and his wife.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    ldent42 said:

You're allowed to feel how you feel. You don't have to feel like a rock, but you helped save a man's life today. And if you picked up that shift as you say - seems like you were meant to be there for him at that moment. I think you got a reminder of just how much potential you have, how much you are capable of.

Best wishes to your boss and his wife.
    Thank you. I don't know this was any different from any other 'code' situation.. Except I was pricing general merchandise versus working in the ER when this happened.. But it just really affected me oddly, and a lot harder than I figured something like this would.
    Thank you for keeping them in your thoughts.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    It's like a 'divine intervention'...I believe things happen for a reason. You were there to help someone, if I remember correctly they gave you a job when you needed one. They were there for you, and now you were there for them. Take it as a sign of karma smiling down on you.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Boring at work
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Thank you. But I don't feel like I did enough.. And I'll never get the sound of Miss Jean's crying out of my mind.. That poor woman if he passes she'll be lost without him. Just such a freaky day..
    Don't feel that way, there is so much a person can do especially without any equipment, and what you did is remarkable and makes you a hero in my book. Have you heard how he did thru the night? Praying for the best!
    RKCNDY said:

It's like a 'divine intervention'...I believe things happen for a reason. You were there to help someone, if I remember correctly they gave you a job when you needed one. They were there for you, and now you were there for them. Take it as a sign of karma smiling down on you.

Very awesome way to think about it because yes, they did help me when I needed the job. And Miss Jean said this very thing! ( that there was a Reason that I ended up working yesterday. She thanked me profusely, and so did his other family. They have him resting in a medically induced coma to let his body rest, as he has throat cancer, and now these heart issues. So hopefully he will pull through for at least long enough to get to say goodbye properly.

Don't feel that way, there is so much a person can do especially without any equipment, and what you did is remarkable and makes you a hero in my book. Have you heard how he did thru the night? Praying for the best!
    They have him in a medically induced coma. (( in the ER we called this ghe sleeping beauty coma) so that his body has a chance to reset itself, and rest.

They have him in a medically induced coma. (( in the ER we called this ghe sleeping beauty coma) so that his body has a chance to reset itself, and rest.
    Yes, I'm familiar, use to be a nurse but, only worked clinicals in triage, went into geriatrics from there. I'll keep them in my thoughts and prayers and remember he wouldn't be that far if not for you, well done! :peace:
    Thank you.
    :smile:
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited May 2015
    So I've been critical of my mom and certain town folk this week for past mistakes. Then God turns around and makes me run into some of the sweetest people to prove me wrong. Aren't I allowed to complain a little bit...without feeling guilty later on?

So I've been critical of my mom and certain town folk this week for past mistakes. Then God turns around and makes me run into some of the sweetest people to prove me wrong. Aren't I allowed to complain a little bit...without feeling guilty later on?

Sure, but regardless we all end up convicted of our complaints in the oddest ways. Hang in there Pickupyourwill, life is a process.. And thank God we all come out changed on the other side!