How you feeling right now???

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

Sad that my Auntie Judy passed last night but relieved as well that her suffering has come to an end.

So sorry for your loss northern...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

Sad that my Auntie Judy passed last night but relieved as well that her suffering has come to an end.

I am so sorry for your loss.
    ELITIST FUK
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863

So sorry to read of your loss, but you are right she's not suffering anymore, and that is a blessing! *hugs*
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    edited May 2015
    Thank you all, it was a long time coming and truthfully although she will be greatly missed I am just happy she is at peace. She was a phenomenal person and seeing her suffer with the Alzheimers was more painful than losing her.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527

Thank you all, it was a long time coming and truthfully although she will be greatly missed I am just happy she is at peace. She was a phenomenal person and seeing her suffer with the Alzheimers was more painful than losing her.

We went through this with my Grandma. And yes it is a horrible thing to watch. I am glad she is in a better place.
    A little sad...everybody please keep my nephew in your thoughts. I just found out he was mugged, beaten up, and stabbed 5 times last night. He's currently in ICU.
    Stay the fuck away from Spocompton!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Praying for sure!
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    RKCNDY said:

A little sad...everybody please keep my nephew in your thoughts. I just found out he was mugged, beaten up, and stabbed 5 times last night. He's currently in ICU.

Holy crap! My thoughts are with you and your family. Sending positive energy from the East Coast.
    ELITIST FUK
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524

I'm so sorry for your loss x
  • GillycwGillycw Posts: 524
    RKCNDY said:

God that's awful! I hope he recovers soon x

Thank you all...Poor kid, he moved away from home (in Montana) a few years ago. Been trying to make it on his own out here.

- Christopher McCandless
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    So sorry to hear the sad news, thinking about you, northerndragon & RKCNDY!

Here's hoping to better days soon.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418

Went through this with my Grandpa. He had the sharpest mind. Such wit. Witnessing that fucking disease take that away was horrible. My thoughts go out to you....
    Hobbes said:

Went through this with my Grandpa. He had the sharpest mind. Such wit. Witnessing that fucking disease take that away was horrible. My thoughts go out to you....
    My heart goes out to you both...lost my father-in-law to it right before Thanksgiving (little over 5 months ago), he had a really aggressive form of it. Really talented guy...

- Christopher McCandless
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    RKCNDY said:

That is fucked up. I used to live in that shit town. Well, of course it has good parts, but my experience was less than pleasurable. Really hope your nephew is going to be okay.
    Hobbes said:

RKCNDY said:

That is fucked up. I used to live in that shit town. Well, of course it has good parts, but my experience was less than pleasurable. Really hope your nephew is going to be okay.
    Thanks...he lives close to downtown-the really bad part. Thankfully his mom and my mother-in-law are out there now.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

Hobbes said:

RKCNDY said:

Thanks...he lives close to downtown-the really bad part. Thankfully his mom and my mother-in-law are out there now.
    I sure hope he makes it out of this ok.. Why are humans sooooooo fucked up?!?!?
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    RKCNDY said:

Hobbes said:

My heart goes out to you both...lost my father-in-law to it right before Thanksgiving (little over 5 months ago), he had a really aggressive form of it. Really talented guy...
    Thank you both, it is truly a horrible thing to witness and I imagine have to suffer through.

RKCNDY - your nephew is in my thoughts for a speedy recovery.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    RK, thinking good thoughts and sending prayers your way...I hope he's ok!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I'm feeling tired. I've been doing a lot of physical work this week: scrapping wall paper, painting rooms, yard work, cleaning!! whew
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    BUENOS AIRES BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

BUENOS AIRES BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEALOUS!! Seriously though.. Have fun!
    Very depressed today, missing my Kitty Tabby Lu...very tired, I can't let my meds run out again...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,110
    Can't wait for Monday..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    A bit terrified. I got invited to go in a white water rafting trip..but there's like 200 people going.. And I pretty much have NO social skills.. Is that a reason to decline? Feeling very frustrated.. I'm 42, and hang out with my cat.. How pathetic is it that I'm terrified of people?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,890
    edited May 2015

A bit terrified. I got invited to go in a white water rafting trip..but there's like 200 people going.. And I pretty much have NO social skills.. Is that a reason to decline? Feeling very frustrated.. I'm 42, and hang out with my cat.. How pathetic is it that I'm terrified of people?

Just dive in (not literally) and do it even if you don't want to. If you're feeling that anti-social, it's probably time to force yourself and start breaking the pattern... Chances are it will be a lot better than what your fears are suggesting. And if all those people start to overwhelm you at any point, just find some alone time. And, you know, valium or whatever, if necessary. ;) Besides, white water rafting is so fun.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Just dive in (not literally) and do it even if you don't want to. If you're feeling that anti-social, it's probably time to force yourself and start breaking the pattern... Chances are it will be a lot better than what your fears are suggesting. And if all those people start to overwhelm you at any point, just find some alone time. And, you know, valium or whatever, if necessary. ;) Besides, white water rafting is so fun.
    I love WWR! Which is why I am so torn.. I have to be real with myself, when I see that I miss out on so much, because I'm ruled so deeply by my past. I am really trying to learn to live in the moment.. But for us humans, that is easier said than done.
    edited May 2015
    Frustrated, annoyed, aggravated, mad....I want to kick one of the night time sups in the shins...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
    ugh..I don't know...
    My nephew is supposed to be released from the hospital tomorrow (yay!), the police said if they can find the guy he will be charged with attempted murder.
    But now, his mom-my sister in law-has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She is scheduled for chemo next week.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY said:

ugh..I don't know...
    My nephew is supposed to be released from the hospital tomorrow (yay!), the police said if they can find the guy he will be charged with attempted murder.
    But now, his mom-my sister in law-has been diagnosed with breast cancer. She is scheduled for chemo next week.

I'm sorry...sending good thoughts and prayers to your family!!!
    Tattooed Dissident!