How you feeling right now???

Comments

• ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    that's awful. How do you know the difference between a buck and a deer?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790
    Bucks have antlers. Does do not.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527

Bucks have antlers. Does do not.

And a doe is the female deer, as they are both deer.. Just a buck is the make and the doe is the female.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Goddammit, I've now got a hankering for The Sound of Music, and I've never even seen the film in full.

Thanks, WH!

From,

Mi (a name I call myself)

=)
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    Hurting...bad...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    We have deer all over our neighbourhood - a veritable plague of deer. There is talk about deer culls because of the damage they do to gardens. At any point I could walk down my street and find deer, with fawns at this time of year. We have our back yard enclosed in deer fencing, which is 10' tall (they can jump surprisingly well), because the back yard is where we have the plants that are edible for us (as opposed to the plants that are edible to them, which is most everything). We also have to deal with territorial bucks in the rutting season, who may try to prevent you from walking in front of a certain patch of grass they have called their own, and does with fawns, who may chase people and dogs away from their young. It's all a mind game though; you just have to remember that deer are prey, not predators - if you turn on them and run toward them yelling, they lose their nerve and bolt. I know, I've had to do it. :smile:
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    In the first year or so when my sister and her husband were dating/courting, on Christmas Eve the three of us took a drive through the local canyon roads. Unexpectedly came upon a beauty - all we could do was just stop and watch her.

(of course, she ended up bolting - but such a vision with the glistening holiday lights around met with those soft eyes)
    Anyone else keep reading does as the verb? No? Just me?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    hedonist said:

Goddammit, I've now got a hankering for The Sound of Music, and I've never even seen the film in full.

Thanks, WH!

From,

Mi (a name I call myself)

=)

Lmao I know, I did it to myself too!!

We have deer all over our neighbourhood - a veritable plague of deer. There is talk about deer culls because of the damage they do to gardens. At any point I could walk down my street and find deer, with fawns at this time of year. We have our back yard enclosed in deer fencing, which is 10' tall (they can jump surprisingly well), because the back yard is where we have the plants that are edible for us (as opposed to the plants that are edible to them, which is most everything). We also have to deal with territorial bucks in the rutting season, who may try to prevent you from walking in front of a certain patch of grass they have called their own, and does with fawns, who may chase people and dogs away from their young. It's all a mind game though; you just have to remember that deer are prey, not predators - if you turn on them and run toward them yelling, they lose their nerve and bolt. I know, I've had to do it. :smile:

When we lived in the mountains in Ca, and I had my horses, we also boarded horses, and one year the deer population was insane, I was out riding solo, on a mare that happened to be in heat... I got chased for about two makes by a HUGE Whitetail buck!! I light about it now, but it was very scary when it was happening! The funniest part was, this mare was the laziest horse in the world. The kids in the family that owned her, called her Eyore! She literally just plodded everywhere... The day we got chased by the buck, that horse RAN!! She ran like her life depended on it! I remember getting back to the yard and thinking I was surprised she didn't drop dead of a heart attack!
    My tummy is very upset....apparently last night's dinner has not agreed with me at all and I have been feeling sick since the middle of the night...it's going to be a long day at work...I also have a sinus/tension headache combo...
    Tattooed Dissident!
    So weird. The weird electricity machine is on my back in the pt office and it's so freaking uncomfortable
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    anxious
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    ldent42 said:

So weird. The weird electricity machine is on my back in the pt office and it's so freaking uncomfortable

I love that thing...but my chiro charges out the ass for it so I always opt no for it....
    Tattooed Dissident!
    PJSiren said:

My tummy is very upset....apparently last night's dinner has not agreed with me at all and I have been feeling sick since the middle of the night...it's going to be a long day at work...I also have a sinus/tension headache combo...

Turns out last nights dinner was sitting on my stomach...I threw up at work....such fun... :sick:
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Relieved!! I just got an offer to work as a nanny part time for one of the ladies at my church! Interview tomorrow!!
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Woo Hoo! Congrats, WH!
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

Woo Hoo! Congrats, WH!

I'm super excited! This little baby is a riot! He's a lot of fun.. So I hope tge hours and such work out well!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844

Relieved!! I just got an offer to work as a nanny part time for one of the ladies at my church! Interview tomorrow!!

Good luck - hope it works out! If he's fun, then you get to enjoy it, and when he's acting like a little monster at least you get to go home at the end of the day.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

Good luck - hope it works out! If he's fun, then you get to enjoy it, and when he's acting like a little monster at least you get to go home at the end of the day.
    Right? Plus, it's just so much fun watching them figure things out, and learning g what works and what doesn't..

Right? Plus, it's just so much fun watching them figure things out, and learning g what works and what doesn't..
    I got the JOB!!!!! I start in the next week!

Congrats wh! I'm not gonna lie, I'm jealous. One thing I've been beating myself up for I'd I could've done a dog walking babysitting business while u am unable to work a 9-5 but I have zero experience in either of those things. Congratulations!
    ldent42 said:

Congrats wh! I'm not gonna lie, I'm jealous. One thing I've been beating myself up for I'd I could've done a dog walking babysitting business while u am unable to work a 9-5 but I have zero experience in either of those things. Congratulations!
    Thank you! And I am really excited. As for babysitting, there are YMCA classes that cover the basics, and usually include a secondary class through the Red Cross that covers infant and child CPR. Worth a shot to check that out?? And fog walking is not always as easy or glamorous as it might seem! It's actually a lot of work, unless you're only walking one dog at a time, but if want experience in that?? Volunteer to do this at your local ASPCA, or Humane society. They also cover that in their volunteer classes. :-) you can do whatever you want to do.. You just have to find options that support your dream. :-) hope that info helped some.
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418

Awesome! :plus_one:
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    anxious again.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

I think I got food poisoning from Wendy's....I can't keep anything down since then....UGH! :sick:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani Posts: 7,790

Congrats. From what little I know of you from here I can already tell any of us would be blessed to have you help with our little ones.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243

Fantastic news! Congratulations!!!
    ELITIST FUK
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    PJSiren said:

I think I got food poisoning from Wendy's....I can't keep anything down since then....UGH! :sick:

Nasty! Feel better soon.

new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    edited June 2015
    Feeling good since I found out Showtime will have their internet only service to compete with HBO Now next month. Their movie options, save old Universal and old live action Disney movies, mostly suck though.