Options

10C just lost a member

1235»

Comments

• Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    that explains the extra dvd that I received!....
    relax!
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    I tried to read every post on here but just couldn't so I don't even know if this has been said yet or not. But to all the people telling the OP to just get over it, that's how it goes, just leave, etc. All I have to say is it's REAL EASY to say that to someone when you haven't had it happen to you.

I would PLEASE like to know how these same people would react if they ordered this DVD and were told sorry we don't know what happened to your order, we will refund you your money back. Because I can tell you almost all of them would be just as pissed as the OP. :roll:

And as far as all the people saying that will get better seats now, give me a break, besides PJ20 and a few cities on the east coast, PJ tickets are easy to get and readily available at every show, I have seen people selling tickets for below face value at several shows over the past 5-6 years, hell my friends that live in Seattle got in for $20.00 each in 2009. Most of the time I buy my tickets from another source, just in case something comes up and I can't make it I can sell them if I have to and not have worry about what to do with them since 10Club tickets can't be exchanged or transferred.

So to all the people telling the OP to move on or get over it, the guy didn't get what he ordered and he is not going to get what he ordered but his money back, he's pissed he posted about it, move on with your own life and just let the guy vent a little instead of piling on him like so many people on here like to do. I'm a big PJ fan and haven't had many issues with the 10Club, I just don't drink the kool-aid as much as most........

Oh and the only real issue I have with the 10 Club is their archaic way of doing ticket sales, you know, the, hey everyone, tickets will be available for everyone all at the same time, so everyone try at once and crash the servers! All you have to do is do what Phish does, tell everyone they can place an order over a week time period, once the week is up you will get an email telling you if you got tickets or not....it's really not that hard to do....
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    Cob wrote:
    I would PLEASE like to know how these same people would react if they ordered this DVD and were told sorry we don't know what happened to your order, we will refund you your money back. Because I can tell you almost all of them would be just as pissed as the OP. :roll:

we might FEEL the same way, but at least I wouldn't ACT that way. these "I'm leaving the club, because they don't treat me the way I want to be treated" threads are getting old. it reeks of childishness.

we've all had some hard luck with this club now and again. most of us act like adults and move on.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    I JUST HAD THE DELUX PJ20 DVD IN MY CART,
    AND NOW IT'S GONE.

I HAVE BEEN HITTING REFRESH ALL DAY.

I ***JUST*** HAD IT IN MY CART.

THEN I GO TO PUT IN MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATION...

NOW ITS GONE>

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Cob wrote:
    I just don't drink the kool-aid as much as most....

give me a fucking break already.
    :roll:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    Cob wrote:
    I just don't drink the kool-aid as much as most....

give me a fucking break already.
    :roll:

And you were just calling someone "childish"???? :lol:

And saying that you act like an adult, why don't you move on already, the guy was pissed, he posted about, so fucking what.........Just because you wouldn't do that doesn't mean that he can't.

Maybe YOU can act like an adult and move on..........
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    I just wish it were okay for one of us to burn a copy of all three discs, for other members that were left out, and just send 10C money per burned copy given out, if need be. Everyone wins.

That being said, IBTL...
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    One neat thing about panda bears is if you’re color blind, you’re not really missing anything.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    Most people on this board are really hokey so it is hard to take any posts seriously. The ten club is cool and all but they are also a business. Quit nut hugging them so hard people. Also - the fans at shows ten years ago were so much easier to be around than the fans at shows now. Take that however you will. I am not the only one that feels that way. It also seems many members here may not have been around ten or fifteen years ago when things were very different and so their reactions may not be as well informed, relatively, as others. Ten club used to be a whole lot more friendly. So you newer fans, it's your fault.
    Poetry and powertools
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Most people on this board are really hokey so it is hard to take any posts seriously. The ten club is cool and all but they are also a business. Quit nut hugging them so hard people. Also - the fans at shows ten years ago were so much easier to be around than the fans at shows now. Take that however you will. I am not the only one that feels that way. It also seems many members here may not have been around ten or fifteen years ago when things were very different and so their reactions may not be as well informed, relatively, as others. Ten club used to be a whole lot more friendly. So you newer fans, it's your fault.

All members of the club are equal.
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    It also seems many members here may not have been around ten or fifteen years ago when things were very different
    Heh, a lot of things were very different ten to fifteen years ago.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    Would also hope he stays,....

would never want o encourage a member to leave

some of the comments in this thread are bordering on pathetic.

The original post was probably written out of great frustration and in haste, i dont see how it warranted the landslide of patronising see you' posts.

whatever.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

No shit sherlock. Except for tickets and some limited signed items.
    Poetry and powertools
  • Options
    Spencer wrote:
    It also seems many members here may not have been around ten or fifteen years ago when things were very different

If you were involved with the club then you would understand. Not trying to be elitist at all. Really. I understand things change but sometimes things change for the worse.
    Poetry and powertools
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    "You have the right to free speech, that is providing you're not actually dumb enough to try it."

E.V. (Joe Strummer - R.I.P.)

Step back and look it from the OP's point of view, give him a chance to calm down and rationalize. One persons complaint leads to nine pages of catty bitchiness as usual. Consumers rights don't apply to 10c members now? I feel for the OP but to be honest a better response to another thread like this would be for nobody to respond instead of trying to figure out who is being childish here. :roll:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,938
    No, you!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Spags wrote:
    No, you!
    :lol:
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    Spencer wrote:

If you were involved with the club then you would understand. Not trying to be elitist at all. Really. I understand things change but sometimes things change for the worse.

+1

They should have never started offering tickets to club members.
    7" and newsletter, I say.
    Those were the days!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options

+1

They should have never started offering tickets to club members.
    7" and newsletter, I say.
    Those were the days!

I am afraid you misunderstood me entirely. The internet rules. So does this board.
    Poetry and powertools
  • Options
    [quote="DS1119
    All members of the club are equal.[/quote]

Really. I thought we were in a two class system. Digital vs. Analog :D
  • Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    Bird889 wrote:
    From a business standpoint, there is no real proof that the merchandise was lost and not received. Its one thing if he returned damaged goods to be replaced, but what is there stopping someone from faking a missing item and flipping the "replacement item". Not accusing anyone here at all, but a business has much to consider when coming up with their replacement policy.

Mine was lost as well. Actually not lost but misplaced. I emailed shipping and received a tracking link.
    It showed my DVD as being delivered in a place just outside of Detroit.....153 miles from where I live.
    I called the 10C because the link was sort of confusing. After it was all explained I was told to just hang in there for a while. I finally received my DVD this past Saturday. Beat all the hell thanks to the wonderful USPS.
    To say that there is no proof is really a stretch. You can't seriously think that with today's technology things can't be tracked.
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    DS1119 wrote:

I suppose you believe all men are created equal as well? What a pile of dung that is...
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Why wouldn't 10c keep extra copies for people who's merchandise was lost/damaged ect.. Maybe they should be more prepared.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Why wouldn't 10c keep extra copies for people who's merchandise was lost/damaged ect.. Maybe they should be more prepared.

Because that makes to much sense……
    WHITE SOX WHITE SOX GO GO WHITE SOX
  • Options
    fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134

did you walk 2 miles, up hill both ways, to school, too?
    back in my day kids showed respect!
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    chicagoJam wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Because that makes to much sense……

My only explanation for this is quite simply the 10c is more of a fan club that sells merchandise but not really run by business people...which is fine...I was able to get some limited edition merchandise, but did miss out on the Alpine Valley Night 2 poster...I missed out at the concert missed out when they came on sale here...I am beginning to figure I am not meant to own it...hehehehe.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon