Options

10C just lost a member

arthurdentarthurdent Posts: 969
edited November 2011 in The Porch
my membership expired 11/03/11. Thank God I hadn't renewed yet.

Regarding my PJ 20 DVD:

It is not showing up in our tracking system, so we assume it is lost. We have refunded your missing order as we do not have replacement stock. If the order is returned to the Ten Club, it will be shipped to you at no cost.
sorry for the inconvenience,
10c

:evil:
Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    this happened to my friend when the 10c lost his White Backspacer....but he didn't start 2 threads about it. i get that you're upset...and rightfully so. but things happen...and you move on. you're a fan of this band, right? you didn't join simply to buy merch, correct? relax, man...there are more important things in life. hope you're able to get a copy someday.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Stick around Arthur! Your avatar is way too cool to give up!! Reminds me of my old volleyball team's mascot; the Mighty Gophers! Had a squirrel with flames shooting out of his mouth!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    I blame the post. You should to. If they lost it and 10c doesn't have replacements there's not much 10c can do then refund your money.
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    So the post office lost your order, and your pissed off at the 10C? Makes perfect sense to me.... :roll:

IBTL
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    eddiec wrote:
    I blame the post. You should to. If they lost it and 10c doesn't have replacements there's not much 10c can do then refund your money.

This.

10C does so much for us. And personally, they've done so much for me. Basically rebuilt my entire Pearl Jam music collection.

10C bashing is getting old.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Its a free world, post what you want. You paid your $20 so start as many threads as you want and post all you want. Free speech is golden. They couldnt afford to make any more copies. the DVDs must be made of a rare gold found on the moon. Hey, Ten Club, press some more. problem solved.
  • Options

10C BS is getting older.

Someone lost this dude's DVD, and Ten Club is doing nothing to fix it. You honestly think they don't have a few of those deluxe sets left over for whatever reason? Bullcrap.

Yet ANOTHER DAMN REASON why the freakin' DVD should NEVER have been limited in the first place! What a crock! If I was this dude I would complain even more until someone in charge at the Ten club gets their head out of you-know-where and does the right thing for once.

10C's behavior as of late has been disgraceful, they deserve more bashing than they are currently getting.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,478
    :wave: bye bye
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    I seat closer
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    BLACK35 wrote:

Wow. Way to be a deliberate jerk to someone who is rightfully very upset.

If you don't have someone constructive to add to a conversation how about you shut up?
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    I seat closer

Thats what I was thinking
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    BLACK35 wrote:

:lol:;)
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    BLACK35 wrote:

If you don't have someone constructive to add to a conversation how about you shut up?

:yawn:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    BLACK35 wrote:

Dude has done nothing but bitch and say he is leaving for the last six months....

Leave already
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Oh ..wow.. now I'm scared... at first I was just worried it would take way too long to arrive here... now I'm worried if my DVD deluxe is going to arrive here AT ALL... :cry:

Really sorry for what happened to you ... I know I WOULD feel devastated :(
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    better seats for me :D
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    if that's your biggest problem in life count your blessings. your attitude is bad. i couldn't get tickets to certain shows. life goes on. go take a deep breath and try and focus on all the good times this fan club has given you.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i read the tittle,and worried that we lost a member ,a friend,like die..thanks God isnt this
    as for the OP,choices..you want to leave,its up to you,have fun what ever you do
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

10C BS is getting older.

Someone lost this dude's DVD, and Ten Club is doing nothing to fix it. You honestly think they don't have a few of those deluxe sets left over for whatever reason? Bullcrap.

Yet ANOTHER DAMN REASON why the freakin' DVD should NEVER have been limited in the first place! What a crock! If I was this dude I would complain even more until someone in charge at the Ten club gets their head out of you-know-where and does the right thing for once.

10C's behavior as of late has been disgraceful, they deserve more bashing than they are currently getting.

They didnt lose it....the post office did right? They have apologized and refunded his money and said if it shows up he will get it for free....What more would you like them to do? I'm sure if they had extras, he would have one sent to him...They have stated that there are no more and no morewill be made.....Really...what else would you like done here??? What is the "right thing" you want done?

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    i read the tittle,and worried that we lost a member ,a friend,like die..thanks God isnt this
    as for the OP,choices..you want to leave,its up to you,have fun what ever you do

Me too! and I was like..."oh my I don't know if I want to know who we lost" :? Phew! It was just a rant
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Dude has done nothing but bitch and say he is leaving for the last six months....

Leave already[/quote]

Checks dude's past few months of posts...

Ah, well, you're lying. Good to know.

I cannot believe the negative reaction to this poor guy's situation by you people! "One seat closer"!?!?! Really?!?! That's how you react to someone being needlessly screwed over and put in a situation that is entirely the 10C's fault?

I thought Pearl Jam fans were supposed to be one big family! If I've noticed anything from posting here ever since the Deluxe Edition debacle (10c's fault btw) it's that far too many PJ fan's have a "me first" attitude and as long as they get what they want then everyone else can just slag off. Makes me sad.
  • Options

They didnt lose it....the post office did right? They have apologized and refunded his money and said if it shows up he will get it for free....What more would you like them to do? I'm sure if they had extras, he would have one sent to him...They have stated that there are no more and no morewill be made.....Really...what else would you like done here??? What is the "right thing" you want done?

SOMEONE at 10C has a copy. They do. If they don't then they are even more inept than I first thought. When you decide to make something super limited (for reasons that still remain a mystery) then you should make sure you have extra copies around just in case this kind of thing happens.

The "right thing" would be, of course, to re-stock the damn thing so this poor dude (and everyone else who got screwed by this ever-growing muck-up) would be able to get the set.
  • Options
    [
    Checks dude's past few months of posts...

Ah, well, you're lying. Good to know.

I cannot believe the negative reaction to this poor guy's situation by you people! "One seat closer"!?!?! Really?!?! That's how you react to someone being needlessly screwed over and put in a situation that is entirely the 10C's fault?

I thought Pearl Jam fans were supposed to be one big family! If I've noticed anything from posting here ever since the Deluxe Edition debacle (10c's fault btw) it's that far too many PJ fan's have a "me first" attitude and as long as they get what they want then everyone else can just slag off. Makes me sad.
    i think guys just fool around with jokes,not attact to someone..something lost in the mail,sorry,its mail problem,,but even after that,the fan club try to fix with refound,they could answer sorry,not our fault..
    i think you making this bigger deal that it is..and we are a family...atleast i have one here..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    arthurdent wrote:
    my membership expired 11/03/11. Thank God I hadn't renewed yet.

Regarding my PJ 20 DVD:

It is not showing up in our tracking system, so we assume it is lost. We have refunded your missing order as we do not have replacement stock. If the order is returned to the Ten Club, it will be shipped to you at no cost.
    sorry for the inconvenience,
    10c

:evil:

Don't do it! :(
  • Options

SOMEONE at 10C has a copy. They do. If they don't then they are even more inept than I first thought. When you decide to make something super limited (for reasons that still remain a mystery) then you should make sure you have extra copies around just in case this kind of thing happens.

The "right thing" would be, of course, to re-stock the damn thing so this poor dude (and everyone else who got screwed by this ever-growing muck-up) would be able to get the set.
    anyone can say that this lost in the mail,so you think they will have extra copies for all says lost in the mail??
    the band made the choise to have this the way is out..limited..no one got screwed..
    i wish they didnt do it this way limited so all can buy it..but thats was their choice,is their music,their product.
  • Options

I am not talking about EVERYONE....I am talking about the thread at hand because this is where we are now....the other subject has been asked and answered 100000 times, so dont try and turn this into that AGAIN......It is a done deal...they have already said there are no more....Live with that and answer the question? What more would you like done? You said they did nothing....I said....they apologized....refunded his money and said if it is returned he would get it free of charge....how is that not doing anything? So what else would you suggest them do for THIS situation for THIS CUSTOMER?

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

Don't let people's comments get to you. A lot of people on here are one big family. There are a lot of really generous people on here who will do (and have done) what they can to help others..whether it be replace a stolen music collection, help people find products, donate money to a cause, etc... BUT, just like in the real world, not everyone is nice and some people are jerks.

Just sayin'..... ;)

Personally, I understand Arthur's post. He may or may not leave the club..more likely he is just upset and reacting on emotion..just like myself and others who say we arent going to travel to see PJ anymore when they don't play the South for so many years...we post on initial emotion and then get over it the next day. Arthur may be the same way. I think more people should cut the OP some slack rather than seem happy if he quits the club because it gets them closer. Fortunately for Arthur, there are still ways he can view the content.... :D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options

I am not talking about EVERYONE....I am talking about the thread at hand because this is where we are now....the other subject has been asked and answered 100000 times, so dont try and turn this into that AGAIN......It is a done deal...they have already said there are no more....Live with that and answer the question? What more would you like done? You said they did nothing....I said....they apologized....refunded his money and said if it is returned he would get it free of charge....how is that not doing anything? So what else would you suggest them do for THIS situation for THIS CUSTOMER?

Okay. Fine. In addition to doing the right thing overall and re-issuing the box set they could do the following:

1. Give something more than a basic form letter.

2. Send him the box set on DVD-Rs so he would at least have the content.

3. Understand that the box set is INCREDIBLY rare and maybe throw him a bone and give him something else in return.

All those things would require effort, however, and 10c isn't very good at that it seems.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2011
    10c does try to resolve most problems as far as I've read.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • Options
    [ quote]

Okay. Fine. In addition to doing the right thing overall and re-issuing the box set they could do the following:

1. Give something more than a basic form letter.

2. Send him the box set on DVD-Rs so he would at least have the content.

3. Understand that the box set is INCREDIBLY rare and maybe throw him a bone and give him something else in return.

All those things would require effort, however, and 10c isn't very good at that it seems.

But they are just a BUSINESS as so many other have pointed out... So, this BUSINESS does exactly what they should have in this case....apologized.....refunded $$ and will send free of charge if it comes back to them....and u want more?..So now you want them to personalize a letter.....COPY the dvds so he can have the content(which he could ask a fellow forum friend to do if he really wanted to see it) and give him something free in addtion to what they have already done?.....um....ok.... :lol: ...They cant win, they really cant.....Do the right thing you are wrong....dont make enough and you are wrong....make too many and discount the price down the road and you are wrong....reissue in a different color and you are wrong..... :?

I am going to bow out gracefully here as we could go on ALL NIGHT long here......this wont be around much longer anyhow..... :lol: