Options

10C just lost a member

Comments

• Options
    People on this board are very harsh. I think if they were in that situationthey would be pissed. I mean look how many people are pissed that the special edition copies are sold out. I feel bad for him, but I dont know if I would ever give up my membership for soemthing like this. I think 10c could have handled it better. But if they dont have more copies....what can they really do other then refund his money and promise to send it out to him?

But seriously, you guy are all brutal. I'm sad to see a dedicated member go, espeicailly like this. The benifit is that I do move up one seat. But rejoicing in someone's plight really something I'd rather not participate in. Just remember, dont throw stones if you live in a glass house.
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    PJFLA wrote:
    Hey OP,

Sux. I'm not sure what version you ordered (and was lost) but I would like to make it right and send you my DVD (not blu ray). No strings attached.

PM me if interested.
    very awesome of you
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,836
    bummer...try to keep things in perspective...i'd be pissed too

may this be the worst of the plagues that hit you for a lifetime...
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    arthurdent wrote:
    my membership expired 11/03/11. Thank God I hadn't renewed yet.

Regarding my PJ 20 DVD:

It is not showing up in our tracking system, so we assume it is lost. We have refunded your missing order as we do not have replacement stock. If the order is returned to the Ten Club, it will be shipped to you at no cost.
    sorry for the inconvenience,
    10c

:evil:
    Life is full of stuff like this ... leaving the 10C won't make the dvd appear
    or even make you happier in the end, most likely.

Belonging to the 10C is supporting the best band ever
    and enjoying others with the the same passion.

Not really about what you buy or what you get.

Think about renewing before its too late ... I hate to see someone leave unhappy. :(
    I'm sure I am not alone.

Please stay.
  • Options
    I read the title and thought someone died as well.

Your situation sucks and while I understand your frustration, imho, maybe, given they season, you should take a moment to be thankful for the things you do have and be aware that if your biggest problem is a missing dvd, your life is pretty good.

My sister and brother in law can't come home for thanksgiving because he is getting chemo. There are bigger things in life to worry about. 10 c refunded your money. Case closed. As several people have said, anyone can say they lost it in the mail hoping to score another copy. They can't, unfortunately, take people at their word.

Be thankful you are happy and healthy (I am assuming) and that you have been able to enjoy the best band around for 20 yrs and counting.
  • Options
    Only thing that sucks about this..is my membership # is better than his, bummer could have been one seat closer...
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,219
    As much as it sucks to be the OP I wouldn't leave the 10c either. Mostly because they have a monopoly on quality tickets to shows :) I'd probably get over the DVD issue eventually, but PJ are my favorite band. Not renewing would give my ability to get ok tickets to their shows. I don't think I could do that.

From a customer service standpoint, it probably wouldn't hurt the 10c to hold back a few copies to deal with these kind of situations. (sort of like how they usually press extra copies of the xmas singles, so if yours gets wrecked in the mail, they fire out another copy).

From a business standpoint. They did sell all copies so their only recourse was too refund. Given the nature of the limited edition product, maybe they could of sweetened the pot a while, just to be nice. You're talking about a product the member thought they had. One that now goes for hundreds of dollars on ebay and is extremely difficult to get a hold of. Maybe a discount code for the store, or an extra poster thats kicking around? They don't have to do it from a profit standpoint, but they could do it from a good will standpoint.
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    From a business standpoint, there is no real proof that the merchandise was lost and not received. Its one thing if he returned damaged goods to be replaced, but what is there stopping someone from faking a missing item and flipping the "replacement item". Not accusing anyone here at all, but a business has much to consider when coming up with their replacement policy.

Rumor has it that Stone just found a box of the deluxe sets in his basement...
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown

• Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    Bird889 wrote:
    From a business standpoint, there is no real proof that the merchandise was lost and not received. Its one thing if he returned damaged goods to be replaced, but what is there stopping someone from faking a missing item and flipping the "replacement item". Not accusing anyone here at all, but a business has much to consider when coming up with their replacement policy.

Rumor has it that Stone just found a box of the deluxe sets in his basement...

Except the fact that based on the email I received inquiring about my lost Blu-rays, that they are aware of a group of shipments that went out on the same day of which they received no tracking information. Coincidentally these packages are also not arriving in people's mailboxes. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out there was a legitimate issue, not a bunch of 10 club members conspiring to steal extra copies of a limited item. Some of us are getting screwed out of our copies through no fault of our own after thinking we would get one. And frankly it really sucks.
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    I'm sorry for what happened to you, and honestly I would be mad too. But I wouldn't quit 10c just because of it. I've had my ups and downs with them over the years (I'm still upset that I got shut out of the Vic), but I feel like the benefit of getting decent seats at a show outweighs all of the merch screw-ups. Hope that you can get a deluxe DVD eventually.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    Stone has a random box of Touring Band 2000s. Maybe Boom has a random box PJ20s he's got lying around that he doesn't need.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    pandora wrote:
    Life is full of stuff like this ... leaving the 10C won't make the dvd appear
    or even make you happier in the end, most likely.

Belonging to the 10C is supporting the best band ever
    and enjoying others with the the same passion.

Not really about what you buy or what you get.

Think about renewing before its too late ... I hate to see someone leave unhappy. :(
    I'm sure I am not alone.

Please stay.

:clap:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Hopefully someone from the Ten Club has been in contact with UPS or the USPS (still not sure why they wouldn't just use one company to avoid confusion in situations like this) to let them know there's an issue. Simply checking tracking numbers online won't let them know there's a problem. What if an employee at the shipping company has been stealing items before they leave the facility and sells them on ebay? Given the number of people who have said they haven't received their orders yet and the $60 and $70 price tags on the sets, I'd say that person could be looking at a felony theft charge.
  • Options
    Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Bye
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I also thought someone died.

Thank god it's just someone who didnt receive a video
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

LostTurntable - "10C's behavior as of late has been disgraceful" - seriously?!?!?!? Because they released some merch as limited editions (something which they've done in the past, not a new thing) they are a disgrace. Get over yourself :roll: :roll: :roll:

Though if you think the 10C are a disgrace I guess you won't be renewing your membership right?

I've been over why this limited edition is different than a white vinyl. If you can't grasp that then there's no helping you. I've also discussed their repeated inability to answer any valid questions about why this set has been limited, their hypocrisy regarding it, and the band's hypocrisy reading it and the Best Buy deal. And I'm allowed to love Pearl Jam and still be critical of them.

A lot of people here seem to defend Ten Club by saying "they're just a business." Well, they'll a poorly managed business that needs help.

And it's not like I can join ANOTHER Pearl Jam fanclub to get presale tickets and exclusive singles, is there?
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    BLACK35 wrote:
    :wave: bye bye

Wow. Way to be a deliberate jerk to someone who is rightfully very upset.

If you don't have someone constructive to add to a conversation how about you shut up?
    Dude has done nothing but bitch and say he is leaving for the last six months....

Leave already

+1.

Just leave. Dude does nothing but bitch.

It ain't 10club's fault man.... USPS loses 8 BILLION DOLLARS a year- are you surprised they lost 1 package?
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I also thought someone died.

Thank god it's just someone who didnt receive a video

hahahaha
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Lone Drawn MeteorLone Drawn Meteor Vancouver, BC, Canada, Northern Hemishpere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe Posts: 1,230
    It ain't 10club's fault man.... USPS loses 8 BILLION DOLLARS a year- are you surprised they lost 1 package?

Another +1.
    "If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit." - Mitch Hedberg
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    You guys are wrong about the amount of mail and packages the USPS loses. It does happen once in a while, but it is RARE. They lose 8 Billion not because of your precious 10C goods, it's because it is inefficiently run by the govt.
  • Options
    It ain't 10club's fault man.... USPS loses 8 BILLION DOLLARS a year- are you surprised they lost 1 package?[/quote]

So THATS where my 8 Billion Dollars went...
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,070
    People around here love their tchotchkes and throw tantrums when they don't get the baubles they want. Yet the band gets accused of "green disease" when ticket prices go up twenty bucks. All makes sense to me.
  • Options
    I would be pretty royally pissed if my package was lost in the mail...but I wouldn't blame the Ten Club for it..there isn't too much they can really do about it.
    I wouldn't leave the club just because of that though, there are many more things that they have offered and will be offering in times to come!
    7/15/2011 - Benoroya Hall - (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Seattle, WA
    4/2/2008 - The Center in Vancouver for Performing Arts (Eddie Vedder Solo) - Vancouver, WA
    9/21/2009 Key Arena - Seattle, WA
    7/22/2006 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge Ampitheater - George, WA
  • Options
    fox_mulderXfox_mulderX Posts: 1,134
    blame canada
  • Options
    :yawn:
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    kellanazziekellanazzie Posts: 1,484
    blame canada

Well hell, its alwaaaays Canada....& just what would ya do without the caulking gun, the ardox spiral nail & the retractable beer carton handle?? Huh? Ya...how about the basketball, of which our boys are so fond....lets not forget Beiber...oh, um, hehe nevermind...Avril La...no um.. Celine Diiii....HA...Neil Young CANADIAN BABY!!!!
    We won't discuss our Loony Tooney money tho...K... :D
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    edited November 2011
    No matter how hard I try, I fail to see how this is 10c's fault.

I was unable to get the deluxe blu ray myself.
    I have to say though, my gf surprised me with a standard dvd version and I couldn't be happier. :)
    Post edited by the wolf on
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    the wolf wrote:
    No matter how hard I try, I fail to see how this 10c's fault.

I was unable to get the deluxe blu ray myself.
    I have to say though, my gf surprised me with a standard dvd version and I couldn't be happier. :)

True, it was the post office that lost the package.

How the 10C failed is pretty obvious since they seem to make a habit of it. No foresight.

The only thing more irresponsible than creating the whole limited edition fiasco was to not hold any back for this exact scenario since there are ALWAYS reports of missing or damaged goods from previous sales. And it also proves a point to everyone crying "YOU HAD THREE FUCKING WEEKS TO PURCHASE IT!!!!!". Guess what? This guy could have been #1 to get it and is in the exact same boat as everyone in the petition thread.

THAT is what makes it just as much 10C's fault as the postal service.
  • Options
    PearlLucy wrote:
    Good to know if something disheartening like this happen to me I'll have some RARE good 10c members shoulders to rest my head on...

are you kidding me? "rare good 10c members"? there are literally a ton of us that give away stuff to other members, even people on here we don't know, all the time. we donate time and money to other members causes and interests, holy grails, etc.

hang around for a while, you'll figure out that good 10c members are a rare commodity.

just because we don't agree with ONE member's assertion that in this case 10C is at fault, doesn't mean we're good people. come on.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    PKTrekGirl wrote:
    Better Dan...you are a Better Fan. And I thank you for that.

I've seen a LOT of selfishness since I've been here as well - people who don't care if others leave, just so they get one seat closer. :roll: REALLY????? I mean, do these people care about ANYONE but themselves?

I read that shit all the time around here, and it's really been very discouraging - these are not the sorts of people I had always envisioned PJ fans being. I thought we were the kind of people who were better than that. You know - NOT assholes. People who actually cared about others - and watched out for each other. But honestly - I've not seen alot of kindness here since I've been here...and it's really been a big hit to my view of the fanbase. There are days when I feel like quitting myself (don't get excited, seat grubbers - I have a shitty number :roll: ) because so many people here don't seem to care about anyone but themselves and their own little clique of pals. It's like they have listened to this band for 20 years...and STILL don't get it. What the fuck do great seats get you, if you don't even TRY to fucking get what this band is about?

Seriously.

Then I read a post by someone like you...and it renews my faith that people actually 'get' this band and what they are about - have always been about. It's people like you that make me want to stay - make me think that membership in 10c perhaps DOESN'T necessarily do more harm than good as people get more and more selfish and cutthroat about looking out only for themselves when it comes to merch, tickets and the like.

Thank you. Really. Thank you.

Arthur...I hope that you don't leave. I don't give a shit if you have a better number than me - keep your better number, your better seat. Just stay and continue to contribute around here. I know that you are disappointed with 10c and this whole fiasco with the DVD - I don't blame you - you are on a long list of people who are frustrated for one reason or another about this DVD release and other issues with merch, tickets, etc.

You are not alone. And some of us do understand the need to vent when something like this happens...and don't instead immediately think about how your loss can somehow become our gain.

as I just mentioned to another member, you obviously haven't been around long enough yet to see the absolute selfless nature of most of the "assholes" you are referring to.

really, do you really think people saying "my seats just got better" are being serious? it's obviously a joke. no one cares if their seat got one better, when they see this band every 5 years. don't let the sarcasm fool you.

many of us have seen so many of these "I'm leaving 10 club" whining threads that they have become somewhat comical. anyone that threatens to leave the club because of a dvd or a white vinyl or whatever obviously needs to give their head a shake.

would I be mad if this happened to me? ABSOLUTELY. Would I go around calling 10C staffers incompetent assholes? ABSOLUTELY NOT.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014