Options

10C just lost a member

Comments

• Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    The 10C always seems to right it's wrongs one way or another. They are not perfect but I think they do the best they can with what they have to work with. I'm not saying you shouldn't be really bummed out. I agree it sucks. I just think ranting about them is probably not the best method to get "your way". Karma seems to go a long way around here. You have every right to leave, but other members have every right to comment on you post. Good or bad. I hope you don't let this situation eat at you to much. There are MUCH bigger problems in this world.
    Peace.
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Just another perspective. 10c lost my white BS order (see page one, second post). They refunded my money & each time I called by phone & spoke with someone who was very kind & as helpful as they could be. I was upset, but I didn't quit. Nor did I start a petition on the matter. Be upset, vent, but try & move on when its all said & done. LT, buddy, you are everywhere on these posts upset & saying the same thing over & over.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    FatalFatal Posts: 821
    Just my 2 cents but i think the original poster has every right to be upset. That's really lousy customer service on their part...can they not at least provide some more assistance tracking it down? What does "not showing up in their system" mean exactly?

I'm sure each and every person that is ripping on that guy for posting his complaint would be equally pissed if they were in his shoes.
    Shows: Montreal 98, Barrie 98, Montreal 00, Montreal 03, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Toronto 06, Vancouver Night 1 08 (EV), Vancouver Night 2 08 (EV), MSG1 08, MSG2 08, Montreal Night 2 08 (EV), Toronto Night 1 08 (EV), Toronto 09, Hartford 11 (EV), Ottawa 11, Ottawa 16, Ottawa 22.

• Options
    RIP Kerensa.
    She was a good president, and an ok VP, in her time.

she will be missed.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    I have been a defender of the 10C since I have been a member.

I have to say though that the taunting of a member who's date shows '99... by members who have a date similar to mine ('09)... ummn- I'm not so sure about that. 10 more years of paying 10C fees gives a person a bit more of a license to 'gripe' when things are the shits (in my opinion).

This guy has paid his dues and in my opinion, he's entitled to a little more respect when he's venting about a mishap that has not worked out for him. For all the great thing speople have done for each other on this site, why have people gotten nasty towards this individual?

For the record, it would appear that 10C has at least tried to do what they could to remedy a poor situation! Feel badly for him though- I'd be steamed.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544

I have to say though that the taunting of a member who's date shows '99... by members who have a date similar to mine ('09)... ummn- I'm not so sure about that. 10 more years of paying 10C fees gives a person a bit more of a license to 'gripe' when things are the shits (in my opinion).

This guy has paid his dues and in my opinion, he's entitled to a little more respect when he's venting about a mishap that has not worked out for him. For all the great thing speople have done for each other on this site, why have people gotten nasty towards this individual?

For the record, it would appear that 10C has at least tried to do what they could to remedy a poor situation! Feel badly for him though- I'd be steamed.

:clap: :thumbup:

I have to agree with this!!!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276

he's been saying he is going to leave for the past 6 months...leave already
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I have to say though that the taunting of a member who's date shows '99...

That is, presumably, the date he first joined the message board.

I know i sure as shit didn't join 10c in 2003.
    :D
  • Options
    Says 2009. Let's review this situation in 2022 (giving you the same seniority) and see if you feel the same. Until then, fellow 'newbie'... we might be best reserving judgement.
    81 wrote:

he's been saying he is going to leave for the past 6 months...leave already
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,300
    10C bashing is getting old.

10C BS is getting older.

Someone lost this dude's DVD, and Ten Club is doing nothing to fix it. You honestly think they don't have a few of those deluxe sets left over for whatever reason? Bullcrap.

Yet ANOTHER DAMN REASON why the freakin' DVD should NEVER have been limited in the first place! What a crock! If I was this dude I would complain even more until someone in charge at the Ten club gets their head out of you-know-where and does the right thing for once.

10C's behavior as of late has been disgraceful, they deserve more bashing than they are currently getting.
    Again? Really? This mistake is not the 10C's fault! The post lost his order, not 10C, and no amount of your anti-10C propaganda is going to help his situation :roll:
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    We could avoid this "The Post Lost His Order" problem if the 10c would just charge an extra damn dollar shipping, and ship expensive\rare shit certified\tracked or signature-receipt.

That would avoid the problem of the Post Office stealing\losing orders, too.
    :D
  • Options
    I think I can finaly see the stage from my seats! Woohoooo!!!

Keep droppin' boys. :twisted:
  • Options
    I heard a little birdie say that they are 'working' on 'possibly' making more of the deluxe version....... all hope is not lost.

Just sayin'.
  • Options
    I heard a little birdie say that they are 'working' on 'possibly' making more of the deluxe version....... all hope is not lost.

Just sayin'.

You're totally going to have to share how you heard that!
  • Options

Just sayin'.

You're totally going to have to share how you heard that!
    Really, as if they don't know how to tap the market. How many more regular versions have they sold? Well, once that numbers rises a bit higher, 2nd wave of deluxe.

Rumor has it, things are 'being discussed'.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

Just sayin'.

i can dig it! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

I'm not going anywhere :D

The 10C replaced my ENTIRE Pearl Jam collection on CD that i lost in the Tornado. Every CD release, brand new. They didn't have to do that. Not to mention a sealed Lost Dogs vinyl.

I'm fine if he quits. I'm fine if he stays.

Really, whatever. I'm sorry this happened to you. I didn't get to go to PJ 20. I was fucking pissed. But i'm over it. I'm going to go to the next MSG shows and rock the fuck out. That's how i'm dealing with it.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I'm going to go to the next MSG shows and rock the fuck out. That's how i'm dealing with it.

Fuck yeah!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    I'm going to go to the next MSG shows and rock the fuck out. That's how i'm dealing with it.

You meant [insert Southern City] show, right?
  • Options

You meant [insert Southern City] show, right?

Lol, unfortunately, no. I've never seen them at MSG, and i plan on changing that.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options

The 10C replaced my ENTIRE Pearl Jam collection on CD that i lost in the Tornado. Every CD release, brand new. They didn't have to do that. Not to mention a sealed Lost Dogs vinyl.

Nice to hear they can be awesome sometimes.
  • Options
    I thought Pearl Jam fans were supposed to be one big family! If I've noticed anything from posting here ever since the Deluxe Edition debacle (10c's fault btw) it's that far too many PJ fan's have a "me first" attitude and as long as they get what they want then everyone else can just slag off. Makes me sad.

um, you mean, kinda like the OP??
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

Really, whatever. I'm sorry this happened to you. I didn't get to go to PJ 20. I was fucking pissed. But i'm over it. I'm going to go to the next MSG shows and rock the fuck out. That's how i'm dealing with it.

I'm going to any show that comes around me next year too, but seeing as I didn't get tickets to the festival, I hit all 3 concerts around my place this year.

I do however understand the plight of the OP, as I had a similar situation with another online store, and they basically did the same thing as the 10C. At the time though I sent them a rather discourteous e-mail and ended up getting banned from them lol. It was later found that it was the mails fault, so i never got my stuff but did get reimbursed and was satisfied. In closing, the OP i guess will have try his luck at one of the overpriced sets on ebay, or hope for some help with a trade/sale in the "lost dogs" forum.

hope it all works out for the OP, but should you choose to leave the 10C, thats your choice, but I know i would be coming back before the grace period ended, personally.
    "I want to Rock & Roll all night, and part of everyday"
    Sept.11/05 Kitchener, Ontario
    May 10/10 Buffalo, New York
    Sept.11 & Sept 12/2011, Toronto, Ontario
    Sept. 15/11 Hamilton, Ontario
    Oct. 12/13 Buffalo, New York
    Oct 16/14 Detroit, Michigan
    May 10/16 Toronto, Ontario
  • Options

I'm going to any show that comes around me next year too, but seeing as I didn't get tickets to the festival, I hit all 3 concerts around my place this year.

I do however understand the plight of the OP, as I had a similar situation with another online store, and they basically did the same thing as the 10C. At the time though I sent them a rather discourteous e-mail and ended up getting banned from them lol. It was later found that it was the mails fault, so i never got my stuff but did get reimbursed and was satisfied. In closing, the OP i guess will have try his luck at one of the overpriced sets on ebay, or hope for some help with a trade/sale in the "lost dogs" forum.

hope it all works out for the OP, but should you choose to leave the 10C, thats your choice, but I know i would be coming back before the grace period ended, personally.
    "I want to Rock & Roll all night, and part of everyday"
    Sept.11/05 Kitchener, Ontario
    May 10/10 Buffalo, New York
    Sept.11 & Sept 12/2011, Toronto, Ontario
    Sept. 15/11 Hamilton, Ontario
    Oct. 12/13 Buffalo, New York
    Oct 16/14 Detroit, Michigan
    May 10/16 Toronto, Ontario
  • Options
    I thought Pearl Jam fans were supposed to be one big family! If I've noticed anything from posting here ever since the Deluxe Edition debacle (10c's fault btw) it's that far too many PJ fan's have a "me first" attitude and as long as they get what they want then everyone else can just slag off. Makes me sad.

I think that raging because you've been wronged and laughing at said rage are two different things.
  • Options

I think that raging because you've been wronged and laughing at said rage are two different things.

his thread is all about HIM (me first). kinda comes across as a spoiled brat is all. he gets a fucking refund and an apology and apparently the 10C is still a bunch of asses. gimme a break.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options

This guy has paid his dues and in my opinion, he's entitled to a little more respect when he's venting about a mishap that has not worked out for him.

being a member of the forum/fanclub longer than someone else does not garner you more respect or more of a bitch license than anyone else.

that's absurd. a valid point is a valid point, regardless of seniority.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684

Wow, I didn't know that. That's really an amazing and generous move on the 10Cs part. :clap:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    It's not absurd. You talk about valid points. What exactly is the valid point you refer to? The guy expressed he was choked that his order- after being processed- was 'lost in the mail'. Then, he exclaimed he was done and he was leaving the 10C after being a member since '98 or '99.

A person who joined 2 years ago saying, "That's it. I've had it and leave"... well, who cares. People can say, "Good riddance" easily. But a person who has been paying his dues since the late 90s... I think that situation at least merits some considering as opposed to having people taunting him.

I guess it comes down to respect. I, for one, tend to value and respect the opinions of people who have paid their dues. A person with limited experience doesn't have the same weight when chiming in on how things should work as a person who has 'been around the block a few times'.

Sorry Hugh. If I owned a company, a member since '99 would be more valued than you and your '05 (?) date. He doesn't deserve people taunting him.

This guy has paid his dues and in my opinion, he's entitled to a little more respect when he's venting about a mishap that has not worked out for him.

being a member of the forum/fanclub longer than someone else does not garner you more respect or more of a bitch license than anyone else.

that's absurd. a valid point is a valid point, regardless of seniority.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    All members in the club are equal to me. I don't want anyone to leave...and I hope the OP reconsiders.