these fools are gonna try and take over wall street

Comments

• Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Better Dan wrote:
    You guys Do listen to Pearl Jam right? so weird.

What does this have to do with anything?

The band leans to the left

I know...as do many people who don't necessarily support these protesters.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • That's eight million now in OT for the NYPD.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    It's snowing outside in grey ol' Edmonton today. I'm gonna be inconvencienced on my commute home. I want to beat the living fuck out of mother nature. Cause you know....in the big scheme of things...my sopped-in-machismo brain cannot wrap itself around anything being more important than me making it home in time for my shows.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    It's snowing outside in grey ol' Edmonton today. I'm gonna be inconvencienced on my commute home. I want to beat the living fuck out of mother nature. Cause you know....in the big scheme of things...my sopped-in-machismo brain cannot wrap itself around anything being more important than me making it home in time for my shows.

New Burn Notice Tonight!
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399

New Burn Notice Tonight!

I hope Michael finally kicks Anson's teeth in. I hate that little weasel.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"

New Burn Notice Tonight!
    :lol:
    Never heard of it.
    But I bet it's another reason to take a shovel to that bitch if she dares get in my way.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    These motherfuckers are wreaking havoc downtown

I'm about to occupy my fist to someones face

The law needs to start getting aggressive IMO
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,718
    edited November 2011
    No more violence!
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux wrote:
    Ok Nugent, I know you're doing this. I don't want to be diverted to your forum. Look Ted, I'm a PJ fan. We're just not into that gun toting, name calling, hard core right wing thing. Will you please just send me back to the PJ Forum? Thanks.

If only you were in the middle of this trying to get home...you would feel different
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    OnlyACowardSmall.jpg

Be aggressive, B-E aggressive...B-E-A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,718
    brianlux wrote:
    Ok Nugent, I know you're doing this. I don't want to be diverted to your forum. Look Ted, I'm a PJ fan. We're just not into that gun toting, name calling, hard core right wing thing. Will you please just send me back to the PJ Forum? Thanks.

If only you were in the middle of this trying to get home...you would feel different

Ok, I edited my post. I'm just saying let's stop the violence, both in the streets and, figuratively speaking, on the forum. I always feel that way... but this isn't about me.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    These motherfuckers are wreaking havoc downtown

I'm about to occupy my fist to someones face

The law needs to start getting aggressive IMO

Jman try to wlk around these fucks don't get into a scuffle remember the cops won't want to hear that you are not part of it they will just sweep you up along with everyone else ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    it was them blocking traffic and my bus jose.....but i made it w/ out incident

i will say something needs to be done here...this can't go on

sit down with politicians or something becasue this isn't working for either side
  • The folks occupying Wall Street, or whatever street, are protesting the inequities in our society.

If you believe that the millionaires should be given more tax breaks then go ahead and support the rich.

If you believe that the unemployed and the poor need help then listen up.

Violence will beget violence.
    Hold On
  • it was them blocking traffic and my bus jose.....but i made it w/ out incident

sit down with politicians or something becasue this isn't working for either side

Two years ago I suspected this would happen. I'm actually surprised it didn't happen sooner, but I think you're right with the sitting down part, though I don't see many in office rushing to arrange meetings.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    how are things looking down there today J?
    rival. wrote:
    how are things looking down there today J?

nothing like yesterday ...just hanging in the park holding signs that nobody reads
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    my girlfriend was at the protest yesterday ... she said where she was there was mostly support from people in cars to construction workers to shop owners ... and that the cops were laid back (texting most of the day) ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    my girlfriend was at the protest yesterday ... she said where she was there was mostly support from people in cars to construction workers to shop owners ... and that the cops were laid back (texting most of the day) ...

shop owners are losing all there business...impossible

every single small business in the area is hurting and laying off the 99% people

every single small business in the area is hurting and laying off the 99% people

dude ... you see things the way you want to see them ... it's cool ... but these protestors need to eat - you telling me not one business has benefited from a massive influx of people!? ... c'mon ...
  • Food is being provided to the protesters for free thanks to donations. They don't need to go to local restaurants, delis, etc. to get something to eat.
    polaris_x wrote:

dude ... you see things the way you want to see them ... it's cool ... but these protestors need to eat - you telling me not one business has benefited from a massive influx of people!? ... c'mon ...
    Food is being provided to the protesters for free thanks to donations. They don't need to go to local restaurants, delis, etc. to get something to eat.

that might have been the case in the park ... but there was like a thousand people yesterday ... my gf and her friends went to eat somewhere down there yesterday ...

That's more like it. Sitting down to talk > BIG slap jack
    And....this post is proof positive that civil disobedience WORKS.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oRoQTwac9M

I find this extremely hard to believe.
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    does anyone know what they are protesting? for something? against something? I don't get it.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    does anyone know what they are protesting? for something? against something? I don't get it.

chicago had a big to do yesterday as well

they interviewed a few poeople on tv...

one guy was wanting more stuff for the disabled.....saying there were 60M of them in the country

this other chick was saying we shouldn't be cutting the deficit and that we need to stop the bailouts and corporate tax breaks and put more money into reducing unemployment.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

chicago had a big to do yesterday as well

they interviewed a few poeople on tv...

one guy was wanting more stuff for the disabled.....saying there were 60M of them in the country

this other chick was saying we shouldn't be cutting the deficit and that we need to stop the bailouts and corporate tax breaks and put more money into reducing unemployment.

so basically, if I had an issue, I could just go to one of these, make a sign, and join in?
    edited November 2011
    polaris_x wrote:

its all over the news ..every small business around the park is losing money and laying off hard working people..nobody wants to go over there

these bums don't pay to eat..they have a food tent
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    so basically, if I had an issue, I could just go to one of these, make a sign, and join in?

yes.

just make sure you don't shower or shave for two months prior.

That's more like it. Sitting down to talk > BIG slap jack
    And....this post is proof positive that civil disobedience WORKS.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oRoQTwac9M

I find this extremely hard to believe.

well considering you live nowhere near here...i would say believe me and the news i watch every night
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

all the college kidsn are crying about their student loans and the interest they have to pay

maybe they should try freddie mac and fannie mae in DC
This discussion has been closed.